Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Premier league scenario 20:38 - Mar 26 with 704 viewsReslovenSwan1

You are the manager of Swansea and the team is heading to the Premier league. You have flown to Washington and Jason has told you that there is a budget of £30m for new signings. You can bring in 8 players including two free transfers and two loans,

Fees
Tom Heaton £5m, Harry Wilson £10m, Kieffer Moore £10m, Bright Osayi Samual £5m,

Frees
Diedhou Free, Steven Caulker Free.

Loans: Marc Guehi Billy Gilmour.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:52 - Mar 26 with 687 viewsChief

They wouldn't sell us Moore, Samuel's going to Turkey. Caulker!!??

Id go
Jephcott 3mill?
Randell 500k?
Butland 5mill?
Allen 5mill?
MGW 12mill?

Few more hungry youngsters from the lower leagues.

Ill go along with Diedhou free.
Brewster loan.
Guehi loan.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 676 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:52 - Mar 26 by Chief

Id go
Jephcott 3mill?
Randell 500k?
Butland 5mill?
Allen 5mill?
MGW 12mill?

Brewster loan.
Guehi loan.

Players who go to Turkiye often want to return withn 6 months. Caulker has been doing very well out there.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 22:07 - Mar 26 with 652 viewsCatullus

Guehi, Gilmour and Oseyi-Samuel yes.

10 mill for Moore? I guess who we buy depends on what system we would play, what would Coops do next season. It could mean Oseyi- Samuel is a pointless buy, and Wilson.

I think a decent keeper would be a must buy, Danny Ward, Alex McCarthy?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Transfer Premier league scenario on 08:46 - Mar 27 with 578 viewsNotLoyal

With that lot we are relegated by November 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Transfer Premier league scenario on 12:11 - Mar 27 with 535 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfer Premier league scenario on 08:46 - Mar 27 by NotLoyal

With that lot we are relegated by November 😂

Brendan signed Danny Graham and Leroy Lita from memory. They said the same back then.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 13:07 - Mar 27 with 514 viewsBadlands

Transfer Premier league scenario on 12:11 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Brendan signed Danny Graham and Leroy Lita from memory. They said the same back then.

But Rodgers is a and was the real deal.
£30 million (including wages) won't get 8 quality players for that.
Loan fees and wages for Sanches was £7.5 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfer Premier league scenario on 13:41 - Mar 27 with 500 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transfer Premier league scenario on 13:07 - Mar 27 by Badlands

But Rodgers is a and was the real deal.
£30 million (including wages) won't get 8 quality players for that.
Loan fees and wages for Sanches was £7.5 million.

Laudrup got quality players for a fraction of £30m. Its about smart recruitment. Players like Llorente who can make a difference and have professionalism and experience.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 14:12 - Mar 27 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

Last time we went up we had Williams, Dyer, Rangel, Britton, Allen and Sinclair - all hitting their prime (except for Allen who was still fairly inexperienced).

That’s our version of the “class of 92”. They don’t come along very often. It was a complete oven ready backbone that simply needed fleshing out.

We are a completely different proposition this time round. I’m afraid I don’t think 30m would touch the sides.

If we could get Guehi and Gibbs-White it would be a great start. But don’t think there would be much change left over. With what’s left we would need to get a lethal striker in, a solid keeper and another Premier League quality CB.

Even then, I would see scraping survival as an incredible achievement.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:18 - Mar 27 with 440 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:52 - Mar 26 by Chief

Id go
Jephcott 3mill?
Randell 500k?
Butland 5mill?
Allen 5mill?
MGW 12mill?

Brewster loan.
Guehi loan.

Allen? Do you mean Joe Allen?

He'll do well to find a club in League 1 once Stoke are finally able to wave him goodbye.

Yikes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:40 - Mar 27 with 430 viewsBadlands

Transfer Premier league scenario on 13:41 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Laudrup got quality players for a fraction of £30m. Its about smart recruitment. Players like Llorente who can make a difference and have professionalism and experience.

Those taps were largely turned off following Brexit as the FA apply international qualifications to all nations.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:42 - Mar 27 with 429 viewsChief

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:18 - Mar 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He'll do well to find a club in League 1 once Stoke are finally able to wave him goodbye.

Yikes.

False.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:16 - Mar 27 with 409 viewsCatullus

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:42 - Mar 27 by Chief

False.

WHY? Allen had a serious injury last year and he's been sent home from the Welsh camp injured again. He's 31 too. Coming back from injury is harder as you get older.

Besides, Reslovens estimate is a bit high, Stoke might be lucky to get 2 million for Allen NOW let alone further towards the end of his contract.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:21 - Mar 27 with 407 viewsCatullus

Transfer Premier league scenario on 13:41 - Mar 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Do you really consider it smart for a Premier league team to be recruting players who weren't really good enough in their prime or are well past their prime?

Jephcott? Randell? Caulker?

They're hardly in the same league as Llorente and we got lucky with Michu before his dodgy ankles were mismanaged. We won't find many Michu quality players every season and as soon as you get to the EPL the players want much more just to sign on never mind agents fees and wages.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:38 - Mar 27 with 404 viewsChief

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:21 - Mar 27 by Catullus

Do you really consider it smart for a Premier league team to be recruting players who weren't really good enough in their prime or are well past their prime?

Jephcott? Randell? Caulker?

They're hardly in the same league as Llorente and we got lucky with Michu before his dodgy ankles were mismanaged. We won't find many Michu quality players every season and as soon as you get to the EPL the players want much more just to sign on never mind agents fees and wages.

But there's zero chance of us signing a former world cup winning striker of the pedigree of Llorente if we go up. Different proposition when we hsd 5/6 seasons of prem football behind us.

As for Michu, well brexit has closed the door on discovering European gems. So that's why i chose plsyers like Jephcott and Randell who i think could prove to be domestic gems. Im being realistic, we won't spend much if we go up.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:26 - Mar 27 with 386 viewsnantywatcher

Transfer Premier league scenario on 18:18 - Mar 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yikes.

Agreed.
Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:30 - Mar 27 with 381 viewsChief

Matt Smith 3mill from Man City

Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:44 - Mar 27 with 378 viewsCatullus

Transfer Premier league scenario on 20:38 - Mar 27 by Chief

But there's zero chance of us signing a former world cup winning striker of the pedigree of Llorente if we go up. Different proposition when we hsd 5/6 seasons of prem football behind us.

As for Michu, well brexit has closed the door on discovering European gems. So that's why i chose plsyers like Jephcott and Randell who i think could prove to be domestic gems. Im being realistic, we won't spend much if we go up.

Well there's no chance of a Llorente but even so, signing has beens isn't smart. Surely it's better to get some promising youngsters in, as Cooper has been doing so far. Give youth a chance.

Whittaker is nowhere near the finished article but he could be a really good player. The let down for me is his lack of game time. He won't improve without the chance being given.

I'd rather we had more youngsters and if we came back down, had something still to build on for the future.
It's a crying shame that some of the good young players are priced out of moves because the parent club says "potential" and demands silly money for the unfinished article.

Brewster, 23 million yet apparently not good enough for a regular start in the EPL even with the bottom team. Maybe there needs to be a price structure in force so teams cannot demand silly money for a player unless he's a regualr first teamer for them or has been a regular first teamer out on loan?

Transfer Premier league scenario on 22:07 - Mar 27 with 376 viewsChief

Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:44 - Mar 27 by Catullus

Well there's no chance of a Llorente but even so, signing has beens isn't smart. Surely it's better to get some promising youngsters in, as Cooper has been doing so far. Give youth a chance.

Whittaker is nowhere near the finished article but he could be a really good player. The let down for me is his lack of game time. He won't improve without the chance being given.

I'd rather we had more youngsters and if we came back down, had something still to build on for the future.
It's a crying shame that some of the good young players are priced out of moves because the parent club says "potential" and demands silly money for the unfinished article.

Brewster, 23 million yet apparently not good enough for a regular start in the EPL even with the bottom team. Maybe there needs to be a price structure in force so teams cannot demand silly money for a player unless he's a regualr first teamer for them or has been a regular first teamer out on loan?

I totally agree, that's why I've picked mostly youngsters like Randall and Jephcott.

Transfer Premier league scenario on 08:52 - Mar 28 with 342 viewsThornburyswan

For me the chances of this actually happening are on a similar likelihood of Wales winning the Euros in the summer - yes we will probably make the play-offs, 3 more wins should take care of that, but like Wales unlikely to make the final & even less likely to win it if achieved.

Plus we have owners who are unlikely to invest the £50/60M (not £30M) required & absolutely crucially we do not possess the scouting/player identification or coaching/managing skills required build a 25 player squad.

If the 6 lottery numbers somehow clicked into place & we did grad 2nd spot to go up we’d be better investing in the club & academy to keep building a strong young squad fit to compete back in the Championship the following season.

Just for the record we had a chance with Moore last summer @ the reported £2M, I for one have zero interest in donating £8M profit to our East based cousins.
Transfer Premier league scenario on 09:02 - Mar 28 with 341 viewsThornburyswan

Transfer Premier league scenario on 21:30 - Mar 27 by Chief

Matt Smith 3mill from Man City

Good call.
Transfer Premier league scenario on 10:23 - Mar 28 with 320 views34dfgdf54

You pretty much want the Cardiff team?
Transfer Premier league scenario on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 310 viewsonehunglow

Bizarre thread .
We have not made the play off as of yet and looking at thing now I defy anyone to be optimistic about winning them.
It's a nice thought though and no harm done .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024