Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY 18:04 - Mar 28 with 3898 viewsKeithHaynes

The game Wales have to win to restore confidence not only in themselves but with stand in manager Robert Paige. The boy NL is otherwise predisposed due to the arrival of his baby son a few weeks earlier than expected, although he is threatening to send me something.

World Cup Qualifying — Group E
Date: Tuesday 30th March 2021
Kick off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET

Live on Sky Sports Main Event
S4C, Radio Wales and Radio Cymru

Please also expect Wales on Line and a certain journalist to mention Cardiff more than he mentions Wales in any match report.

Meet the match officials
Ovidiu Haţegan will take charge of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier between Cymru and the Czech Republic on Tuesday night. The Romanian official was in the middle in Cardiff back in November 2019 when two goals from Aaron Ramsey guaranteed EURO qualification with a 2-0 win over Hungary. Haţegan also refereed the 1-0 win over Austria in September 2017 when Ben Woodburn scored in the 1-0 victory. A familiar face in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, Haţegan officiated two group stage games at the EURO 2016 finals in France as well as two games at the 2019 FIFA World Club Cup.Haţegan will be assisted by Radu Ghinguleac and Sebastian Gheorghe while Radu Petrescu is the Fourth official. All of the officials are from Romania.

Time to work the same magic as Saturday night

Wales vs Czech Republic: Head to Head
The last time the nations played each other was in 2007, when the game finished 0-0. The nations have only played each other 3 times with 2 draws and 1 win for the Czech Republic. Obviously when called Czechoslovakia other internationals took place before the country split.

Czech star man
One of the revelations for both West Ham and the Czech Republic has been Tomas Soucek with the midfielder offering a huge attacking threat. Soucek was in unstoppable form against Estonia last week, scoring a 20-minute hat-trick either side of half-time. The Czech Republic star also scored in West Ham's draw against Arsenal which is his fourth goal in the last three games for club and country.

Wales star man
As long as he is in a red shirt Gareth Bale will always be the star player for his country. Currently seeing a return to form at Spurs he has stated in the last weeks he wants to return to Real Madrid at the end of the season.

Here are the groups and Wales fixtures

Astonishing that Wales will play eleven games over the coming eight months, and with further Euro 2020 ( rearranged from last summer ) success it could be far more

Our visitors
The capital city is Prague, the historic center of Prague is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Castles, there are several hundreds of castles, chateaus, and mansions in Czechia. Czech people , are a West Slavic ethnic group and a nation native to the Czech Republic in Central Europe, who share a common ancestry, culture, history, and the Czech language. Czechs consume the most beer per capita in the world. You can go join them for a Pilsner-style larger (their most famous brew) in any old alluring pub — called a hospoda — around town. And finally, The only thing Czechs love more than eating mushrooms, is hunting for them. If the town is empty on St. Wenceslas Day (held at the end of September), it’s because everyone’s gone funghi picking in the forest. Unrelated to mushrooms but the statue of the state’s patron saint can be found in Wenceslaus Square — one of the most famous monuments in Prague. Isn’t that magic ?

NL digs deep in to the heart and soul of the Czech Republic in an in depth report
Ok folks, the Czech Republic is great for a piss up, it’s where I bought my Dukla Prague away kit and was thrown out of a hostelry for standing like Len Ganley whilst customers played pool. I even lost my white gloves I had bought earlier that day. They have no sense of humour whatsoever. My mate Ed had three fights there in one afternoon and blamed a bad pint, I reckon it was because he consumed three pints of X beer which if you haven’t tried it ... don’t. Every time he went to the bog for a dump after drinking it he sounded like he was having a piss. And he stunk like burning skin.

Anyone who drinks this stuff is a bloody lunatic

And this stiff turns your bum waste completely black with a purple glow

Food
Food in the Czech Republic is great, especially the kebabs and they now have three Burger Kings as well. For those called Jonathan or who like to think they are continental cultural types there’s garlic soup, ( I mean come on, get a grip ) Goulash which smells & tastes like cats excrement ( I served in the military, I have eaten dog shit sandwiches, I know ) or Roast pork with dumplings and cabbage. The last dish has a soapy taste like you’ve snorted a block of Imperial Leather ( yes, don’t ask ) the cabbage smells like wet towels and the dumplings would get you arrested if you tried to smuggle them in to the Liberty. Cuisine wise they are on their arse. Which is where I saw a lot of British tourists after a pint of local ale.

That’s it folks, another in depth analysis of our visitors on Tuesday. You’ve learned from the best, keep it real.

Wales players latest
Wales have released Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts from the national squad ahead of their World Cup qualifier against the Czech Republic for breaching team rules. Although no details were given by the Football Association of Wales, Roberts has apologised on social media for breaking curfew. Wales have sent home West Brom's Hal Robson-Kanu, Leeds striker Tyler Roberts and Stoke loanee Rabbi Matondo from their squad for breaching team protocols.

Although no details have been given by the Football Association of Wales, Roberts apologised on social media for breaking curfew - although he has since deleted the post."Gutted to be leaving the camp early, but rules are rules and I shouldn't have been up in the hotel later than the set time," he wrote.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Mar 28 with 1924 viewstrampie

My heart sunk when the draw was made, anyway a very tough game against the Czechs coming up, but we can beat them, so come on Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 09:51 - Mar 29 with 1799 viewsraynor94

Yeah, as early as it is, this is turning into a must win

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 09:54 - Mar 29 with 1769 viewsonehunglow

Fair play,I thought I could string a few sentences together but I can't to that.
Credit to ya,Guv

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 11:46 - Mar 29 with 1772 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 09:54 - Mar 29 by onehunglow

Fair play,I thought I could string a few sentences together but I can't to that.
Credit to ya,Guv

You should have seen NL’s piece he sent me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 11:47 - Mar 29 with 1770 viewsChief

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 09:51 - Mar 29 by raynor94

Yeah, as early as it is, this is turning into a must win

Its not really due to the nations league safety net.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:05 - Mar 29 with 1755 viewsraynor94

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 11:47 - Mar 29 by Chief

Its not really due to the nations league safety net.

So if we don't finish in the top two, we go into a play off?

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:40 - Mar 29 with 1727 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 11:46 - Mar 29 by KeithHaynes

You should have seen NL’s piece he sent me.

Well they ain’t likely as I’m not in the Upper echelons.
But fook it, I was 3rd degree .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:53 - Mar 29 with 1740 viewsjasper_T

Wales u18s 0-0 at half time against England. Should be ahead, had a poor penalty saved and Neco's younger brother hit the woodwork.

Joel Cotterill playing at 10, Harry Jones at left centre half, with Cam Congreve and Cian Williams on the bench as the Swans contingent. Robbie Savage's boy in midfield, getting outshone a bit by Leicester's Oli Ewing who looks very Leon-like.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 13:02 - Mar 29 with 1728 viewsChief

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:05 - Mar 29 by raynor94

Yes a very high likelihood of that happening.

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 14:12 - Mar 29 with 1692 viewsBadlands

Could come down to performance against other teams and goal difference.
Lose tomorrow and we can experiment for the the playoffs.
Draw would be OK but a win is really the only result that will give Cymru a chance to progress.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 14:46 - Mar 29 with 1675 viewsraynor94

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 13:02 - Mar 29 by Chief

Yes a very high likelihood of that happening.

Well, surely it's better to avoid the lottery of the playoffs, a win Tuesday will get qualifying back on track, but I think the Czechs are a real quality outfit.

Soucek from West Ham is turning into a real star

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:03 - Mar 29 with 1624 viewsChief

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 14:46 - Mar 29 by raynor94

Well, surely it's better to avoid the lottery of the playoffs, a win Tuesday will get qualifying back on track, but I think the Czechs are a real quality outfit.

Soucek from West Ham is turning into a real star

Agreed, although bettering Belgium is going to difficult

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:05 - Mar 29 with 1618 viewsChief

HRK, Matondo and Tyler Roberts sent back to their clubs for breaching protocol. But not neccessarily covid protocol - 'FAW' protocol, apparently broke curfew.

Very stupid with a tournament on the horizon.

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:15 - Mar 29 with 1616 viewsangryjack

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:05 - Mar 29 by Chief

HRK, Matondo and Tyler Roberts sent back to their clubs for breaching protocol. But not neccessarily covid protocol - 'FAW' protocol, apparently broke curfew.

Hrk we might miss but the other two don't offer anyrthing
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:19 - Mar 29 with 1614 viewsChief

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:15 - Mar 29 by angryjack

Hrk we might miss but the other two don't offer anyrthing

Yea none of them key players thankfully.

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:54 - Mar 29 with 1595 viewsthornabyswan

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:03 - Mar 29 by Chief

Agreed, although bettering Belgium is going to difficult

Only France Belgium Italy and Spain are ranked higher if it comes down to a play off spot via the Nations league.

Chances are all 3 will either win or finish 2nd in their group so looking very likely Wales will end up in the Play offs

10 runners up plus 2 highest nations league ranked

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 17:04 - Mar 29 with 1583 viewsNortbankboy

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:54 - Mar 29 by thornabyswan

Only France Belgium Italy and Spain are ranked higher if it comes down to a play off spot via the Nations league.

Chances are all 3 will either win or finish 2nd in their group so looking very likely Wales will end up in the Play offs

10 runners up plus 2 highest nations league ranked

No easy games,but we can only do our best.
My worry is Roberts playing to many games.
I would rest him sat
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 17:06 - Mar 29 with 1577 viewsthornabyswan

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 17:04 - Mar 29 by Nortbankboy

No easy games,but we can only do our best.
My worry is Roberts playing to many games.
I would rest him sat

He is getting rested Saturday we playing Friday night mate

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 17:17 - Mar 29 with 1563 viewstrampie

Team Wales not mucking about Hal Robson-Kanu, Rabbi Matondo and Tyler Roberts all send home back to their clubs for breach of protocol, Giggs was sent on gardening leave asap as soon as his story broke.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 19:09 - Mar 29 with 1488 viewsTenbySwan

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 16:05 - Mar 29 by Chief

Pr@ts.
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 19:20 - Mar 29 with 1474 views34dfgdf54

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:53 - Mar 29 by jasper_T

Wales u18s 0-0 at half time against England. Should be ahead, had a poor penalty saved and Neco's younger brother hit the woodwork.

Joel Cotterill playing at 10, Harry Jones at left centre half, with Cam Congreve and Cian Williams on the bench as the Swans contingent. Robbie Savage's boy in midfield, getting outshone a bit by Leicester's Oli Ewing who looks very Leon-like.

How did our boys do?

Is Rio Dyer the one with us?
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 21:05 - Mar 29 with 1411 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 19:20 - Mar 29 by 34dfgdf54

How did our boys do?

Lost 0-2

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 13:11 - Mar 30 with 1210 viewsBadlands

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 19:20 - Mar 29 by 34dfgdf54

How did our boys do?

Was, now with Hull.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 14:19 - Mar 30 with 1172 viewsjasper_T

How did our boys do?

Second half was poor compared to the first, England made a lot of changes and the quality of their technical play started to tell. Still had one great chance to score though but again it fell to Viggars who had a mare in front of goal.

Harry Jones had a decent game as the left centre half of a three. He's a right back with the u18s/u23s, was tidy on the ball with some good rugged defending.

Cam Congreve came on for Joel Cotterill just before the hour mark and didn't make much of an impression. Hard to get on the ball as the gameplan was to wait for England mistakes and pounce on the break. The wide strikers Viggars and Popov had most of the opportunities to shine although Joel showed a nice bit of skill and a shot from outside the area just before he was subbed.

Seen the England performance described as clinical which is a bit weird as they wasted a good number of chances in and around the box with wayward passes. Nice touches and a lot of stepovers but struggled for a final ball or composure to finish.
Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 15:57 - Mar 30 with 1117 viewsjack247

Wales v Czech Republic : Matchday Thread MONDAY ROUND UP on 12:05 - Mar 29 by raynor94

I understand it now (I think).

Only way to avoid the playoffs is to win the group ahead of Belgium.
If we finish second, we’re in the playoffs
If we finish third, we’re almost certainly in the playoffs (via nations league).

I’m not sure how finishing second or third affects seeding, but I’d assume it does.

Realistically, unless we somehow beat the best team in the world, or have an absolute disaster, the whole group phase is just a warm up for the playoffs. Kudos for doing so well in the nations league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024