Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chauvin trial starts 18:11 - Mar 29 with 2396 viewsKeithHaynes

Changed for the benefit of accuracy. The original post though was hardly confusing.

Whichever way it goes, the outcome will annoy someone.

BBC concentrating on the fact the officer should be convicted.
I still can’t see it if the defence case is proven.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

George Floyd trial starts on 18:22 - Mar 29 with 1404 viewsbritferry

will be interesting to see the colour of the jury.

In the OJ murder case, the majority of white people thought he was guilty, the African Americans thought he was innocent.

You can also see the same thing happening with Markle.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

George Floyd trial starts on 18:23 - Mar 29 with 1386 viewsonehunglow

George Floyd trial starts on 18:22 - Mar 29 by britferry

In the OJ murder case, the majority of white people thought he was guilty, the African Americans thought he was innocent.

Fair Trial

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

George Floyd trial starts on 18:53 - Mar 29 with 1347 viewscontroversial_jack

It's a straightforward case. The only question is, how much time will he get, and will he get filled in within the first week?
George Floyd trial starts on 19:00 - Mar 29 with 1354 viewsCatullus

I don't see how this case can get a fair trial anywhere in the USA, too much publicity and it's become black against white.

I heard a lawyer on the news saying the evidence for the defence is that the actual restraining of Floyd wasn't what killed him. He said it was a combination of Hypertension, stress, fentanyl and adrenaline but surely the adrenaline kicked in because of the way he was restrained?

In my opinion either way this trial goes there will be more trouble. That'd be sad, there's too much trouble already and the way to repair things isn't to keep arguing and fighting.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

George Floyd trial starts on 19:05 - Mar 29 with 1350 viewsFlashberryjack

George Floyd trial starts on 19:00 - Mar 29 by Catullus

I don't see how this case can get a fair trial anywhere in the USA, too much publicity and it's become black against white.

I heard a lawyer on the news saying the evidence for the defence is that the actual restraining of Floyd wasn't what killed him. He said it was a combination of Hypertension, stress, fentanyl and adrenaline but surely the adrenaline kicked in because of the way he was restrained?

In my opinion either way this trial goes there will be more trouble. That'd be sad, there's too much trouble already and the way to repair things isn't to keep arguing and fighting.

Unless he's found guilty of murder, there'll be murder.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

George Floyd trial starts on 19:53 - Mar 29 with 1318 viewsBoundy

George Floyd trial starts on 19:05 - Mar 29 by Flashberryjack

Unless he's found guilty of murder, there'll be murder.

That'll please a few no doubt and so the cycle continues

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

George Floyd trial starts on 22:43 - Mar 29 with 1260 viewscontroversial_jack

George Floyd trial starts on 19:00 - Mar 29 by Catullus

It's been said that he was as high as a kite on fentanyl or whatever. He had traces in his bloodstream, but it was a long way from being high
George Floyd trial starts on 23:12 - Mar 29 with 1258 viewsfelixstowe_jack

George Floyd trial starts on 18:22 - Mar 29 by britferry

This was despite him being filmed holding a gun against the head of someone who's car he high jacked to get away followed by numerous police cars and helicopters.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

George Floyd trial starts on 23:55 - Mar 29 with 1248 viewsNotLoyal

George Floyd trial starts on 22:43 - Mar 29 by controversial_jack

It's been said that he was as high as a kite on fentanyl or whatever. He had traces in his bloodstream, but it was a long way from being high

The medicals will prove it beyond doubt.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

George Floyd trial starts on 02:10 - Mar 30 with 1220 viewsJack123

George Floyd trial starts on 23:55 - Mar 29 by NotLoyal

The medicals will prove it beyond doubt.

I'm sure I have read there has been a massive pay-out to the Floyd family, Some sort of settlement..

I caught a bit of the defence statement, from what I can see, Floyd died of an overdose and bad heart..

Case dismissed.

libera nos a malo

George Floyd trial starts on 07:58 - Mar 30 with 1169 viewstrampie

Who's George Floyd ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

George Floyd trial starts on 10:16 - Mar 30 with 1144 viewscontroversial_jack

George Floyd trial starts on 02:10 - Mar 30 by Jack123

I'm sure I have read there has been a massive pay-out to the Floyd family, Some sort of settlement..

I caught a bit of the defence statement, from what I can see, Floyd died of an overdose and bad heart..

Case dismissed.

That's not what the independent autopsy showed, but we did see a cop kneeling on his neck for a prolonged period. That alone can bring on a heart attack, it's what happened in hanging suicides
George Floyd trial starts on 13:24 - Mar 30 with 1094 viewsonehunglow

Black people want him found guilty.If not,America will burn badly.
It's that simple

George Floyd trial starts on 13:34 - Mar 30 with 1098 viewsKeithHaynes

BBC still referring George Floyd’s death as a killing.

George Floyd trial starts on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 1088 viewsonehunglow

George Floyd trial starts on 13:34 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

Doesn't help Keith does it.

George Floyd trial starts on 14:37 - Mar 30 with 1067 viewslondonlisa2001

George Floyd trial starts on 13:34 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

How on earth else would it be referred to?

It’s not the George Floyd trial btw. It’s the Derek Chauvin trial.

Which sort of sums up the issue...
George Floyd trial starts on 15:06 - Mar 30 with 1054 viewstrampie

George Floyd trial starts on 13:24 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

Black people want him found guilty.If not,America will burn badly.
It's that simple

What does the American state want ?, over here the UK state wanted the Birmingham six and Guilford four guilty although they knew they were innocent.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

George Floyd trial starts on 21:38 - Mar 30 with 1001 viewsNotLoyal

George Floyd trial starts on 14:37 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

How on earth else would it be referred to?

It’s not the George Floyd trial btw. It’s the Derek Chauvin trial.

Which sort of sums up the issue...

Killing is the wrong terminology. If Chauvin is found guilty yes killing is right. But at the moment it's George Floyd's death. Not sure why you would be so aggressive when you are clearly wrong.

OK I've changed it.

George Floyd trial starts on 23:36 - Mar 30 with 954 viewslondonlisa2001

George Floyd trial starts on 21:38 - Mar 30 by NotLoyal

Killing is the wrong terminology. If Chauvin is found guilty yes killing is right. But at the moment it's George Floyd's death. Not sure why you would be so aggressive when you are clearly wrong.

Firstly, I wasn’t remotely aggressive,

Secondly, killed is exactly right. He died as someone kneeled on his neck for over 9 minutes. The question the trial is answering is whether that was unlawful, or, indeed, deliberate.

Whether or not he had a condition that caused his heart to stop when it may not have done without that condition is also a question to be answered. Irrespective of that, he was alive when someone started kneeling on his neck and dead at the end. So killed is absolutely right. Unlawful - we’ll wait and see. Any details of his character or past actions are also, to this case, irrelevant. Hence why it’s not his trial but the trial of Chauvin.
George Floyd trial starts on 01:45 - Mar 31 with 936 viewsDr_Parnassus

George Floyd trial starts on 23:36 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

Secondly, killed is exactly right. He died as someone kneeled on his neck for over 9 minutes. The question the trial is answering is whether that was unlawful, or, indeed, deliberate.

Whether or not he had a condition that caused his heart to stop when it may not have done without that condition is also a question to be answered. Irrespective of that, he was alive when someone started kneeling on his neck and dead at the end. So killed is absolutely right. Unlawful - we’ll wait and see. Any details of his character or past actions are also, to this case, irrelevant. Hence why it’s not his trial but the trial of Chauvin.

Not quite true. Unless you have determined it was the restraining that killed him.

It looked clear cut at the time but since the police cam footage was released it has muddied the water a bit. He was stating he couldn’t breathe long before going to the ground, which is apparently a result of fentanyl.

Restraining him in that manner wouldn’t be nice regardless and has ended in fatalities before, but it’s also not resulted in fatalities far more than it has. It looks like it was a mixture of things that led to his death including the fentanyl which was affecting his breathing ability, but wouldn’t be accurate to say the fentanyl killed him either. The hold exacerbated it, clearly. But it’s a hold taught to police, that’s the issue (and has been the issue all along as many have been trying to say).

Chauvin is clearly a horrible piece of work and an awful cop. A long history of abuse of power and aggression. Should be nowhere near the force. Guilty of murder though? Probably not. Negligence? Absolutely. Manslaughter? Certainly a strong case.

You see in the cold light of day, people seem to be waking up to the fact that this probably was not a racist killing as it was promoted as from the very second it happened. Instead a prime example of the failings of a police force where they are over aggressive and tactics outdated and unsafe.

These holds are applied to people of all races and people of all races have been the victims of it.

It’s a police brutality issue not a race issue. As I said many months ago, focussing on the race issue is going to take away from the actual issue which is police training, police techniques and police screening.

Didn’t stop the usual mob mentality morons screaming racism as loud as they could though. Idiots in the truest form.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/3

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1220416
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 1:57]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

George Floyd trial starts on 02:39 - Mar 31 with 919 viewsNotLoyal

George Floyd trial starts on 23:36 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

I agree, he wasn't killed 😉
As for any actions or previous behaviour being irrelevant is incorrect. They apply bad.character to all usa trials. Whether people want it or not.

OK I've changed it.

Chauvin trial starts on 09:31 - Mar 31 with 824 viewsonehunglow

I ll repeat.
Chauvin is white.He has to be foind guilty of there will be major riots.
Now this would be a jury decision .

If there are more riots then it will their fault then. Too many whites?

His defence seems to be his cocktail of drugs and heart condition is a core reason he died.

Finally,anaylsis via tv footage can be skewed accordingly but it will fit into people' s narrative.

Given the hate campaign against him,the non stop BLM pressure,political interferences and social media then I think I could defend him myself.Not that I would want to.

We again,as a society,are displaying hypocrisy on a grand stage

George Floyd trial starts on 10:04 - Mar 31 with 816 viewsKeithHaynes

George Floyd trial starts on 02:39 - Mar 31 by NotLoyal

I agree, he wasn't killed 😉
As for any actions or previous behaviour being irrelevant is incorrect. They apply bad.character to all usa trials. Whether people want it or not.

Mate, it wasn’t an aggressive reply..

George Floyd trial starts on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 766 viewsCatullus

George Floyd trial starts on 21:38 - Mar 30 by NotLoyal

If Chauvin is found guilty wouldn't it be murder, not a killing. If he's found not guilty I dread to think what may happen.

If we assume his innocence for a minute, I think he is screwed anyway. It will be politically expedient to find him guilty. Any other result and some parts of the USA will burn.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Chauvin trial starts on 12:36 - Mar 31 with 760 views1983

Meh

2 wrong uns are off the streets now whatever happens,whatever colour,whatever profession.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024