Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 10:19 - Apr 4 with 17406 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another side with a new manager after another new manager embarrassed Steve Cooper who used to be a new manager before he became a slightly older one. That pathetic, gutless, outrageously poor and ridiculous performance by the swans in Birmingham has better not repeat itself or I for one will be very angry and objectionable ( again )

Swansea City v Preston North End
EFL Championship
Monday 5th April 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
PETER BANKES
James Mainwaring and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official : Sam Allison

LIVE ON SWANS TV

Swansea City need a win not only boost their confidence as they stutter over the play off line in what has been a torrid and unprofessional time for Steve Cooper and his swans team.

Here’s Peter, he used to work in a bank before he became a referee, he wasn’t a bank teller he was actually a cash point. Being the first human cash point meant a lot to Peter, so much so he Often visits them today to chat, reminisce and gently gaze in to each other’s eyes if he finds one he especially likes. He is a ably assisted by James Mainwaring from Dads Army.

Scott Sinclair
Scott Sinclair joined the Jacks in the summer of 2010 and was an integral part of the that took them to the Premier League for the very first time the following summer, scoring a hat-trick at Wembley as the Swans defeated Reading 4-2 to earn a place at the top table of English football. He spent two years at the Liberty Stadium, before joined Manchester City, scoring 36 goals in 92 appearances — having made his home debut in a game against the Lilywhites, of all people.

Looking to the Bank Holiday clash with Steve Cooper’s side it could be Scott’s first appearance at the ground, since leaving for the Etihad: “I have great memories of my time there,” he recalled. “I was reflecting the other day that it was ten years since the Play-Off Final. “It is a great club, but we will be going there to try and get the three points and hopefully we can come away with the win. “There are a couple of people still there from my time at the club. The squad has changed a lot since I was there, but there are still a couple of old faces and it will be nice to see them.

Swansea City record v PNE
Games won: 26
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 20

The swans have lost only two games from the last seventeen meetings. PNE have beaten Swansea four times away in sixty four meetings. The last time was in 1961, before that 1934. In the last twenty five meetings PNE a have won only five times.

Swansea City Championship form
WDWLLL

Preston North End Championship form:
LDLLLD

Both teams are currently crap.

PNE Please No Excuses : Bank Holiday Monday Big Match Preview 4th Apr 2021 13:07
The swans return to action after what has been described as one of the worst displays for a number of seasons at St Andrews, Birmingham on Friday evening. The 1-0 loss opened up so much discussion on Steve a cooper, it almost became as embarrassing as the performance it self. 0

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Preston: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van der Berg, Liam Lindsay, Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ben Whiteman, Ryan Ledson (captain), Emil Riis, Ched Evans, Tom Barkhuizen, Brad Potts.

Substitutes: Mathew Hudson, Tom Bayliss, Louis Moult, Paul Gallagher, Jayson Molumby, Paul Huntington, Scott Sinclair, Lewis Coulton, Billy Bodin.

Swansea City fail again. Four defeats on the bounce, play off fight begins 6th Apr 2021 12:48
It’s always good to take a step back after a major disappointment, as we again saw for the home game against Preston North End. Another fixture where a total lack of quality haunted the swans throughout the game, and yes another fixture where the ball and the back of the net were strangers. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:04 - Apr 4 with 4322 viewsNortbankboy

Let's start with more attacking players.
Like dhanda,Whittaker and houlihan.

I do worry about Sinclair running at Roberts though.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 4312 viewsKeithHaynes

PNE Please No Excuses : Bank Holiday Monday Big Match Preview 4th Apr 2021 13:07
The swans return to action after what has been described as one of the worst displays for a number of seasons at St Andrews, Birmingham on Friday evening. The 1-0 loss opened up so much discussion on Steve a cooper, it almost became as embarrassing as the performance it self. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Apr 4 with 4293 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:15 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

Anything less than a win and our play off hopes could well start to disappear.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 4287 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:26 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

Anything less than a win and our play off hopes could well start to disappear.

It will make it difficult, but depends on what those below do, never thought we would have gone as stale as this though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:32 - Apr 4 with 4274 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:28 - Apr 4 by KeithHaynes

It will make it difficult, but depends on what those below do, never thought we would have gone as stale as this though.

Nor me, we have seen some massive fails over the years, but ours would be right up there. I still think we have time to turn it around, but I am normally optimistic.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:42 - Apr 4 with 4267 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:32 - Apr 4 by Whiterockin

Nor me, we have seen some massive fails over the years, but ours would be right up there. I still think we have time to turn it around, but I am normally optimistic.

Perhaps we have hit our bad patch now.
And we discover our form going into the play offs.

Our fans are very fickle.
When went top ,fans on here were saying we going to be champions!
We lose three games sack the manager!
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:56 - Apr 4 with 4252 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:42 - Apr 4 by Nortbankboy

Some fans were saying that.
Others were saying, 'How the @@@@ are we near the top of the table?'’ Or 'How @@@@ is this league this season if we are near the top playing like this?' Or, 'with our squad we should be challenging for the championship top spot.'
All that has happened is those who have ignored our performance and been happy to look at league positions have come to realise how poor we are. But, not because of performances which would inevitably catch up with us, but because of league position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 16:29 - Apr 4 with 4162 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:42 - Apr 4 by Nortbankboy

Our fans are no more fickle than any others who want the best possible. What we do have are too many happy clappers prepared to accept any old pony.

We should be prouder than that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Apr 4 with 4160 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:56 - Apr 4 by Badlands

Some fans were saying that.
Others were saying, 'How the @@@@ are we near the top of the table?'’ Or 'How @@@@ is this league this season if we are near the top playing like this?' Or, 'with our squad we should be challenging for the championship top spot.'
All that has happened is those who have ignored our performance and been happy to look at league positions have come to realise how poor we are. But, not because of performances which would inevitably catch up with us, but because of league position.

We’re 38 games in mind. We very nearly pulled it off
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Apr 4 with 4159 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 13:04 - Apr 4 by Nortbankboy

Let's start with more attacking players.
Like dhanda,Whittaker and houlihan.

I do worry about Sinclair running at Roberts though.

Roberts will have Naughton covering him. That’s the least of our worries to be honest, I’m more concerned about our creativity and drive going forward.

Give Whittaker a go
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Apr 4 with 4133 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Apr 4 by jack247

Roberts will have Naughton covering him. That’s the least of our worries to be honest, I’m more concerned about our creativity and drive going forward.

Give Whittaker a go

Yes, Whittaker on from the start.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Apr 4 with 4120 viewsAndyCole

It seems fans wanting the best for our players and manager are in the minority.

Healthy dose of realism in the No Excuses piece fair play. Notably: ‘ It’s time to stand by Steve Cooper, many swans supporters will disagree, but the reaction to losing three games on the bounce was borderline craziness. ’

All the facts point to us winning and drawing upon one of our biggest strengths this term, bouncebackability. Let’s hope the players put in the hard yards once they cross the whitewash, as they have done for the most part this season.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Apr 4 with 4107 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Apr 4 by jack247

Give Whittaker a go

"I’m more concerned about our creativity and drive going forward" we haven't got any.

At the moment we've got to be one of the worst clubs in the championship on current form, I'm not looking forward to the next few games at all.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:56 - Apr 4 with 4061 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Apr 4 by AndyCole

Healthy dose of realism in the No Excuses piece fair play. Notably: ‘ It’s time to stand by Steve Cooper, many swans supporters will disagree, but the reaction to losing three games on the bounce was borderline craziness. ’

All the facts point to us winning and drawing upon one of our biggest strengths this term, bouncebackability. Let’s hope the players put in the hard yards once they cross the whitewash, as they have done for the most part this season.

Utterly wrong mucker
Us lot of disloyal feckles cretins just want ourt club to do well not the manager-ANY manager.
Our club is what matters not BShitters like Cooper and his appalling lack of class and coaching ability.
You are more wrong than you could ever imagine.

We need to force this clown out and keep the pressure on him a he is and will destroy our club.

It has proven to be a poor decision to take him on.He has the media on his side and he has been so lucky but let' not kid ourselves eh. You're a decent chap and you deserve better .Do not put up with this crap any longer.

Good lad

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 19:38 - Apr 4 with 4080 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Apr 4 by Flashberryjack

"I’m more concerned about our creativity and drive going forward" we haven't got any.

At the moment we've got to be one of the worst clubs in the championship on current form, I'm not looking forward to the next few games at all.

Well yeah, that was the point
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Apr 4 with 4002 viewsonehunglow

As I’ve said,it so positive we are clearly united.Many who have had forum stats over many years are now agreed.

That is good.

It’s now down t the owners

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 22:00 - Apr 4 with 3997 viewsFireboy2

Hi there dwight, how is your gorton bedsit?
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 4 with 3993 viewsChief

Need a change.

I want to back the manager but i'll be very disappointed if Cooper goes with the same formation and tactics that aren't working again.

Just have to hope he sees the need to at least try something different.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 00:41 - Apr 5 with 3937 viewsBadlands

To get the best for our players we need to change the manager.
He’s had 18 months to improve, to learn, to develop but hasn't.
Losing three game on the bounce isn’t the reason Cooper is losing support, it’s the months of limited tactics, inability to learn or adapt, ignoring good players while flogging his favourites into the ground, blaming everyone else for his failures fans, only ever able to grind out point via grunt.
While his particularly ineffective version of hoofball was bringing in points the table watchers ignored the state of our play ... now that isn’t bringing in points they have run out of excuses.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 07:28 - Apr 5 with 3909 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 4 by Chief

Need a change.

I want to back the manager but i'll be very disappointed if Cooper goes with the same formation and tactics that aren't working again.

His comments indicate he’s going to play Hourihane. Paraphrasing, but it was something like ‘5 goals from 5 games from midfield and we need goals from midfield’.

As much as I wouldn’t start him, he is actually one of our biggest goal threats, despite slowing the midfield to a point where it’s very difficult for us to counter attack and making us very easy to defend against.

I don’t know what happened Friday, we played like he was in the team.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 08:15 - Apr 5 with 3890 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 00:41 - Apr 5 by Badlands

To get the best for our players we need to change the manager.
He’s had 18 months to improve, to learn, to develop but hasn't.
Losing three game on the bounce isn’t the reason Cooper is losing support, it’s the months of limited tactics, inability to learn or adapt, ignoring good players while flogging his favourites into the ground, blaming everyone else for his failures fans, only ever able to grind out point via grunt.
While his particularly ineffective version of hoofball was bringing in points the table watchers ignored the state of our play ... now that isn’t bringing in points they have run out of excuses.

Well you've praised Sousa on another thread for how our defence was under him and that's definitely one thing that has improved under Cooper since last season.

Cooper deserves criticism for some things, but let's be balanced.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:18 - Apr 5 with 3849 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Apr 4 by Chief

Need a change.

Managers everywhere are having an easy ride at the moment with no supporters in the ground. I wonder what it would be like with spectators if we went 1-0 down today and would this ever effect how a manger sends his team out?
Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:22 - Apr 5 with 3845 viewsChief

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:18 - Apr 5 by Whiterockin

Managers everywhere are having an easy ride at the moment with no supporters in the ground. I wonder what it would be like with spectators if we went 1-0 down today and would this ever effect how a manger sends his team out?

I've no doubt that in keeping with the modern trend for spoilt entitled fans demanding instant success while playing flawless free flowing football that the atmosphere would be toxic.

Glad there are no fans there at the moment, it would be embarrassing with us at 4th in the table.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 3844 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 18:56 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

Utterly wrong mucker
Us lot of disloyal feckles cretins just want ourt club to do well not the manager-ANY manager.
Our club is what matters not BShitters like Cooper and his appalling lack of class and coaching ability.
You are more wrong than you could ever imagine.

We need to force this clown out and keep the pressure on him a he is and will destroy our club.

It has proven to be a poor decision to take him on.He has the media on his side and he has been so lucky but let' not kid ourselves eh. You're a decent chap and you deserve better .Do not put up with this crap any longer.

Good lad

Another deluded fan who would rather see our club fail than give our manager any credit for being third despite lack of funds and working with a less talented squad than Potter had at his disposal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:24 - Apr 5 with 3844 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread on 09:18 - Apr 5 by Whiterockin

He seems very distant and stubborn. I don’t think he’s the type to be overly affected by praise or criticism.

‘One Stevie Cooper’ or ‘we want Cooper out’ he’d just block it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024