Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do so called big clubs. 11:19 - Apr 4 with 2297 viewslifelong

Like, Notts Forest, Birmingham, Preston, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth have in common?

They are all below us in the league and would love to be in the position we now find ourselves.

Happy clapper ....out.
What do so called big clubs. on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1794 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think anyone would ever call Blackburn or Bournemouth (or even Preston TBH) big clubs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What do so called big clubs. on 11:41 - Apr 4 with 1793 viewsBoundy

Position in the league imo does not mean a lot, if the quality on offer is so poor , I'd rather be mid table watching a decent game of football than where we are watching absolute dross

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What do so called big clubs. on 11:42 - Apr 4 with 1793 views1983

Bournemouth big club?

All the others are big clubs ? when did they doing anything over any significance in the last 10-20 years

We were in the premiership for 7 years on the trot

What do so called big clubs. on 12:39 - Apr 4 with 1739 viewslifelong

Another question: After we lost Rodon, Brewster and Gallagher at the end of last season and the funds our manager had to replace them, where did you think we would be in the league at this late stage of the season?
What do so called big clubs. on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 1735 viewsNortbankboy

What do so called big clubs. on 11:42 - Apr 4 by 1983

Bournemouth big club?

All the others are big clubs ? when did they doing anything over any significance in the last 10-20 years

We were in the premiership for 7 years on the trot

Very rich Russian owners.
We are at a disadvantage to most clubs as we are out in the sticks.
Have d to get players to come down here
What do so called big clubs. on 13:07 - Apr 4 with 1712 viewsCatullus

What do so called big clubs. on 12:39 - Apr 4 by lifelong

Another question: After we lost Rodon, Brewster and Gallagher at the end of last season and the funds our manager had to replace them, where did you think we would be in the league at this late stage of the season?

We didn't lose Brewster or Gallagher, they were borrowed, were never ours.

Cooper was allowed to recruit. Some of the players that have come in are never used. Why is that? Why did he get Whittaker in and even when we "couldn't score in a brothel" not used him?

We lost Rodon but Bennett arrived and earlier in the season most of us thought it had been a master stroke, we seemed to be better without Rodon.

Cooper got the credit earlier in the season and now he must take the blame too.

Where did I think we'd be, my expectations weren't that high but even so, can anybody defend his substitutions against Brum, 87 and 92 minutes? What hope did they have of affecting the result?

Liverpool are a massive club and didn't win the EPl for 20 years, Man Utd, another massive club who went decades without a league title. The big clubs have a notional advantage but all that is lost if the club is badly run.

Will anyone be happy if our current form translates into missing out on the play offs? After the season we had and right up to today, will finishing 7th be seen as a success?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What do so called big clubs. on 13:23 - Apr 4 with 1700 viewsBadlands

What do so called big clubs. on 12:39 - Apr 4 by lifelong

Only Rodon was ours.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What do so called big clubs. on 13:24 - Apr 4 with 1700 viewslifelong

What do so called big clubs. on 13:07 - Apr 4 by Catullus

We didn't lose Brewster or Gallagher, they were borrowed, were never ours.

Cooper was allowed to recruit. Some of the players that have come in are never used. Why is that? Why did he get Whittaker in and even when we "couldn't score in a brothel" not used him?

We lost Rodon but Bennett arrived and earlier in the season most of us thought it had been a master stroke, we seemed to be better without Rodon.

Cooper got the credit earlier in the season and now he must take the blame too.

Where did I think we'd be, my expectations weren't that high but even so, can anybody defend his substitutions against Brum, 87 and 92 minutes? What hope did they have of affecting the result?

Liverpool are a massive club and didn't win the EPl for 20 years, Man Utd, another massive club who went decades without a league title. The big clubs have a notional advantage but all that is lost if the club is badly run.

Will anyone be happy if our current form translates into missing out on the play offs? After the season we had and right up to today, will finishing 7th be seen as a success?

Of course we won’t be happy with 7th place, regarding Brewster and Gallagher I realise they were on loan but Brewster and his 10 goals was one of the main reasons we got to the playoffs.

We are on a bad run, which every club experiences, and yes, the manager has made some strange decisions but I still maintain he has done well this season.
Login to get fewer ads

What do so called big clubs. on 14:30 - Apr 4 with 1663 viewsDr_Winston

People were slagging Gallagher off left right and centre here last season. He's been one of WBA's star men this one. Perhaps because they're using him properly, as Charlton did too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What do so called big clubs. on 14:55 - Apr 4 with 1643 viewsangryjack

What do so called big clubs. on 13:24 - Apr 4 by lifelong

Of course we won’t be happy with 7th place, regarding Brewster and Gallagher I realise they were on loan but Brewster and his 10 goals was one of the main reasons we got to the playoffs.

We are on a bad run, which every club experiences, and yes, the manager has made some strange decisions but I still maintain he has done well this season.

Bad run?we been on a lucky run before that as well.not played well and deserved to win in a lot of the games we have this season..
What do so called big clubs. on 14:59 - Apr 4 with 1639 viewsjasper_T

After the summer business everyone here said we had a stronger squad than last season. Now Cooper's excuse is a weakened squad?
What do so called big clubs. on 15:12 - Apr 4 with 1631 viewspencoedjack

What do so called big clubs. on 14:30 - Apr 4 by Dr_Winston

People were slagging Gallagher off left right and centre here last season. He's been one of WBA's star men this one. Perhaps because they're using him properly, as Charlton did too.

I thought he was very good for us.

Seems to be a dislike of centre midfield players in Swansea Ki De Guzman Shelvey Grimes to name but a few have all had a lot of criticism.
What do so called big clubs. on 15:18 - Apr 4 with 1632 viewsDr_Winston

What do so called big clubs. on 15:12 - Apr 4 by pencoedjack

I thought he was very good for us.

Seems to be a dislike of centre midfield players in Swansea Ki De Guzman Shelvey Grimes to name but a few have all had a lot of criticism.

I thought we mostly wasted him as a #10 when he looked a lot more comfortable a bit deeper which is where Charlton and WBA have used him. Still weighed in with about six or seven assists though.

What do so called big clubs. on 15:54 - Apr 4 with 1611 viewsjack247

What do so called big clubs. on 14:59 - Apr 4 by jasper_T

After the summer business everyone here said we had a stronger squad than last season. Now Cooper's excuse is a weakened squad?

We definitely had a stronger squad at the end of that window than the start of it. Stronger than the one that ended last season? Very much up for debate.

Either way, he doesn’t make best use of the players at his disposal.
What do so called big clubs. on 16:09 - Apr 4 with 1592 viewsCatullus

What do so called big clubs. on 13:24 - Apr 4 by lifelong

He HAD done well but the last 2 months have been terrible. If he can't see he's getting it wrong OR refuses to change because he's stubborn we as a club will ose out and we may lose out no matter what anyway, who knows.
If it was just 3/4 poor results we'd not see the level of complaints but we have been dire and even worse, dire when playing some really poor teams, compounded by his inaction. Again, do you think waiting til the last 6 minutes to make changes...pointless!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

What do so called big clubs. on 16:14 - Apr 4 with 1590 viewslifelong

What do so called big clubs. on 16:09 - Apr 4 by Catullus

He HAD done well but the last 2 months have been terrible. If he can't see he's getting it wrong OR refuses to change because he's stubborn we as a club will ose out and we may lose out no matter what anyway, who knows.
If it was just 3/4 poor results we'd not see the level of complaints but we have been dire and even worse, dire when playing some really poor teams, compounded by his inaction. Again, do you think waiting til the last 6 minutes to make changes...pointless!

I’ve said he has made some strange decisions, you have also said that we have exceeded your expectations, does that mean that the manager has done better than you thought he would?
What do so called big clubs. on 16:21 - Apr 4 with 1587 viewsjack247

What do so called big clubs. on 16:14 - Apr 4 by lifelong

I’ve said he has made some strange decisions, you have also said that we have exceeded your expectations, does that mean that the manager has done better than you thought he would?

It’s more the trajectory that worries people. I doubt any of us would have turned down 4th with 8 games left.

We got ourselves into a fantastic position, but have been in relegation form for too long now.
What do so called big clubs. on 16:27 - Apr 4 with 1565 viewsonehunglow

What do so called big clubs. on 16:21 - Apr 4 by jack247

It’s more the trajectory that worries people. I doubt any of us would have turned down 4th with 8 games left.

We got ourselves into a fantastic position, but have been in relegation form for too long now.

Indeed it is 247. A fantastic position blown asunder. Apart from Norwich no real quality in this league.
We have to aim high and not be drawn into accepting second best .

It is all about where we are NOW

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do so called big clubs. on 16:28 - Apr 4 with 1565 viewsjasper_T

He's done better than I thought he would. Last season we made a bright start followed by 6 full months of turgid form with no sign of adaptation beyond the turnover of players in the January window. Then we made a bright start after the return from lockdown, changed system because injuries demanded it, and scraped into the playoffs on a near-record low points tally.

I assumed we'd repeat the trick and start well then hit the skids before Christmas. Our luck held though and we've scraped through a lot of games we didn't look like winning. Same "but look at the table" arguments defending another long period of poor form under Cooper. A young manager needs to learn and improve upon their flaws, but we're only seeing minimal tweaks to a faltering system, and after the international break it was right back to the tried and tested selection with predictable result.
What do so called big clubs. on 16:29 - Apr 4 with 1561 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Expectations change as the season progresses. We’re exceeding my expectations before a ball was kicked but failing to reach my expectations from ten games ago.

We’re failing miserably to reach my expectations of style of play.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What do so called big clubs. on 16:33 - Apr 4 with 1554 viewsjack247

What do so called big clubs. on 16:27 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

Indeed it is 247. A fantastic position blown asunder. Apart from Norwich no real quality in this league.
We have to aim high and not be drawn into accepting second best .

It is all about where we are NOW

Kind of.

Where we are now is 4th after 38 games. We’d have killed for that in September, we wouldn’t have touched it in February.

It’s more about our form, both in results and performances. Must admit I expected us to come back from the break revitalised. That obviously wasn’t the case Friday.
What do so called big clubs. on 16:39 - Apr 4 with 1548 viewsonehunglow

What do so called big clubs. on 16:33 - Apr 4 by jack247

Kind of.

Where we are now is 4th after 38 games. We’d have killed for that in September, we wouldn’t have touched it in February.

It’s more about our form, both in results and performances. Must admit I expected us to come back from the break revitalised. That obviously wasn’t the case Friday.

I hoped too but it was evident very soon that it is nowt to do with freshness ,staleness but rank incompetent coaching and management.
I just feel for young Ehittaker whom I see as a potential really good striker. He should be given a chance. Right now, he is in no mans land. When Hoolie is fit I believe we will see him take the place Whits should have.

Cooper angers me more than any manager we ever ever had and I can go back to Ronnie Burgess.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do so called big clubs. on 17:13 - Apr 4 with 1523 viewsCatullus

What do so called big clubs. on 16:14 - Apr 4 by lifelong

He HAD done better than expected but then my expectations were raised and now he;s doing worse than I expect.

I can take losing if we are outplayed, if we have obviously done our best but taking losing when some of the players on the pitch are doing so poorly and the manager does nothing? That's just not acceptable.

Birmingham were poor, all they had was a bit of physicality and slinging some hopeful balls into the box and yet we couldn't get through them, we were clueless, slow and our passing was utter rubbish yet Cooper leyt it all ride. Dhanda and Whittaker should have gone on together because no one else would make runs for Dhanda to look at through balls for. When does Lowe make a hopeful run? All too often when a through ball is on Lowe is coming backwards. He's tired physically and mentaly AND his confidence is shot. Keeping on playing him is shooting ourselves in both feet.

What do so called big clubs. on 17:25 - Apr 4 with 1508 viewsjack247

What do so called big clubs. on 16:39 - Apr 4 by onehunglow

I hoped too but it was evident very soon that it is nowt to do with freshness ,staleness but rank incompetent coaching and management.
I just feel for young Ehittaker whom I see as a potential really good striker. He should be given a chance. Right now, he is in no mans land. When Hoolie is fit I believe we will see him take the place Whits should have.

Cooper angers me more than any manager we ever ever had and I can go back to Ronnie Burgess.

100% with you on the first two paragraphs.

Regarding the last, Cooper is just the most recent and results wise is actually one of our more successful. His football isn’t exciting, results have gone off a cliff and his demeanour probably doesn’t help him, we’ve had far worse though.
What do so called big clubs. on 17:59 - Apr 4 with 1483 viewsDJack

As we all know there is a saying about class/form... We've shown no class for a quite some time now and our form has uped sticks and disappeared.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024