Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. 13:48 - Apr 4 with 5867 viewsReslovenSwan1

I recall Easter 2010 under Paulo Sousa playing Trundle and Shefki Kuqi beating Barnsley 3-1 and the play off dream was on. It seems to me Swansea are in the exact same position (albeit in a better league position) as the club were when Paulo Sousa was in charge with tight purse strings

Reading between the lines the club did not like Sousa because of his unreasonable financial demands, (perhaps), and the rather turgid football style. Sousa took the club to the fringes of the playoffs with a relatively weak squad. He gave debuts to Keri Morgan and Jaz Richards as the acadmey was not as good as today's.

Cooper may be percieved in a similar way. This is based on the assumption that Cooper will not be able to raise the performance levels of his troops and will fail (based on current performances) to muster a credible promotion drive.

Sousa walked for whatever reason and the club got a compensation fee from Liecester. I presume the club declined Sousa's request for a bumper new deal based on his achievements. The club if is falls away this season will probably decline Coopers "bumper new deal".

My solution for this is to retrace what went right in 2010 and have a zoom call with Huw Jenkins's consultancy (in confidence ) to find and appoint the new manager. Brendan was a failed manager at Reading at the time. I would keep this confidential so as to not upset the activists and rabble rousers and fan forum cyber magnets.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2021 14:05]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 2493 viewsCatullus

From what I hear, Jenkins is far too busy arguing with his ex wife over their divirce settlement. Another court case looming apparently.

Anyway, ignoring that, Jenkins is nothing to do with our club anymore, he's out of the football loop and has nothing to offer. I'd be more invclined to ask Brendan Rodgers his opinion to be honest, he has up to date contacts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:10 - Apr 4 with 2451 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 17:35 - Apr 4 by Catullus

From what I hear, Jenkins is far too busy arguing with his ex wife over their divirce settlement. Another court case looming apparently.

Anyway, ignoring that, Jenkins is nothing to do with our club anymore, he's out of the football loop and has nothing to offer. I'd be more invclined to ask Brendan Rodgers his opinion to be honest, he has up to date contacts.

HJ has hs own football related consultancy service which as far as I know is up and running. I had a look at its website the other day. Not too long ago HJ was linked to buying Charlton Athetic. Your 'put down' post is therefore not really very accurate. If you are a consultancy I would imagine he has to stay in touch with the game to get clients. Top notch sogftewares would also be helpful.

Whatever the failings of HJ picking managers was second to none. He would be my first port of call for managers.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 21:31 - Apr 4 with 2413 viewsbuilthjack

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 19:10 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

HJ has hs own football related consultancy service which as far as I know is up and running. I had a look at its website the other day. Not too long ago HJ was linked to buying Charlton Athetic. Your 'put down' post is therefore not really very accurate. If you are a consultancy I would imagine he has to stay in touch with the game to get clients. Top notch sogftewares would also be helpful.

Whatever the failings of HJ picking managers was second to none. He would be my first port of call for managers.

Didn't him and Leadbeater have a big say in Cooper coming to Swansea?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 21:39 - Apr 4 with 2408 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 21:31 - Apr 4 by builthjack

Didn't him and Leadbeater have a big say in Cooper coming to Swansea?

I doubt Mr Birch would allow it. He talked of have seen hundreds of CVs. The decsion was made by him Curtis and Britton. All have left sadly. HJ would never have appointed Cooper in my opinion.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:15 - Apr 4 with 2392 viewsjack_lord

HJ a football genius? I think not

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:27 - Apr 4 with 2377 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:15 - Apr 4 by jack_lord

HJ a football genius? I think not

You probably were not arround at the rusting Vetch watching Swansea get thumped 4-0 by Kidderminster Harriers in 2001. You will have of course absorbed a lot of negative propoganda on this site which has clearly clouded your judgement.

I do not use the word genius but his decisions were without doubt inspired. He alongside Mr Morgan did more than anyone else to create the Swansea infrastucture worth £20m or more without the useless Supporters Trust having contributed one single solitary penny. They are good at PR nothing else.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:45 - Apr 4 with 2365 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:27 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

You probably were not arround at the rusting Vetch watching Swansea get thumped 4-0 by Kidderminster Harriers in 2001. You will have of course absorbed a lot of negative propoganda on this site which has clearly clouded your judgement.

I do not use the word genius but his decisions were without doubt inspired. He alongside Mr Morgan did more than anyone else to create the Swansea infrastucture worth £20m or more without the useless Supporters Trust having contributed one single solitary penny. They are good at PR nothing else.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:46 - Apr 4 with 2365 viewsjack_lord

I was around when harry gregg was in charge

Login to get fewer ads

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:54 - Apr 4 with 2362 viewsChief

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 23:04 - Apr 4 with 2356 viewsjack_lord

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 22:54 - Apr 4 by Chief

I think it is the two bit minority shareholder having a dig

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 00:10 - Apr 5 with 2333 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 23:04 - Apr 4 by jack_lord

I think it is the two bit minority shareholder having a dig

Take a look around the academy and training facilities and wonder where did the money come from to build these state of the art facilities? .

No loans
No government hand outs
No illegal earnings.
No contributions from shareholders.

Just good hard graft and commitment. I respect that.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 01:42 - Apr 5 with 2312 viewsPJackArmy

I've been saying this a while now, I feel we are following a pretty similar path as before

Graham Potter is our Roberto Martinez with the attractive attacking football but dodgy defence.

Steve Cooper is our Paulo Sousa who then come in and strengthend the defence but with boring style of football.

Let's hope we do actually have the bo*locks to sack or somebody comes in for Cooper in the summer and we find our Brendan Rogers to come in for the start of next season and find the balance between the 2 previous managers adding a goalscorer from midfield (sinclair) and goalscorer upfront (borini) which will lead us back to the prem.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 1:44]
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 02:14 - Apr 5 with 2292 viewsBadlands

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 01:42 - Apr 5 by PJackArmy

I've been saying this a while now, I feel we are following a pretty similar path as before

Graham Potter is our Roberto Martinez with the attractive attacking football but dodgy defence.

Steve Cooper is our Paulo Sousa who then come in and strengthend the defence but with boring style of football.

Let's hope we do actually have the bo*locks to sack or somebody comes in for Cooper in the summer and we find our Brendan Rogers to come in for the start of next season and find the balance between the 2 previous managers adding a goalscorer from midfield (sinclair) and goalscorer upfront (borini) which will lead us back to the prem.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 1:44]

Sousa made very few demands and was happy to use the staff and players available.
Roberto had 'ripped the heart out of the club' and there was something of a rebuild needed but he was only really given a Beattie to play up front, great when fit but injury prone.
With little in the way of attack he focussed on beefing up the defence.
After that he had a series of likeable but ineffective strikers including the return of Trundle who had failed to make any impression at Championship level.
Blamed for driving Briton out of the club by many ... who conveniently forget Leon was after a move for most of the previous season.
Sousa taught us to defend, set pieces especially, and was brought down by Monk.
A massive figure in our development but bad mouthed by the people he improved.
after leaving the English pyramid his teams were free scoring and very entertaining. Even Bordeaux, finishing mid table, were 5th highest scorers in the league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 07:55 - Apr 5 with 2263 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 02:14 - Apr 5 by Badlands

Sousa made very few demands and was happy to use the staff and players available.
Roberto had 'ripped the heart out of the club' and there was something of a rebuild needed but he was only really given a Beattie to play up front, great when fit but injury prone.
With little in the way of attack he focussed on beefing up the defence.
After that he had a series of likeable but ineffective strikers including the return of Trundle who had failed to make any impression at Championship level.
Blamed for driving Briton out of the club by many ... who conveniently forget Leon was after a move for most of the previous season.
Sousa taught us to defend, set pieces especially, and was brought down by Monk.
A massive figure in our development but bad mouthed by the people he improved.
after leaving the English pyramid his teams were free scoring and very entertaining. Even Bordeaux, finishing mid table, were 5th highest scorers in the league.

I agree with your sentiment, i think Sousa gets a bad press too (interestingly you seem to respect him, but not Cooper!?), but there's been a lot of talk since of the senior players like Monk, Gower, Williams putting on secret extra sessions because Sousa was so laid back and blasé. So the defensive rigidity could have been down to that (although i am also aware of Monks propensity for gross over self promotion). But at the end of the day Sousa was the manager and under him we achieved our highest league position since the Tosh days.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 08:54 - Apr 5 with 2234 viewsKilkennyjack

The academy that produced Jazz, Ben Davies, Joe Allen, and Macca with no cash = not as good as today....? Is this a joke ?
I give you Kenji Gorre and gregor Zabret.

And dont forget Roberts and Rodon were already in the system before we got to the Prem.

If you are talking bricks and mortar then we cant afford it any more.
Dull decusion to have split sites.
As relegation was always a clear risk, then planning ahead was not the clubs strongest attribute.
In truth we cant afford a Cat B academy.
Dreadful management, now leaving it for others to sort out.

Beware of the Risen People

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 09:53 - Apr 5 with 2228 viewsbuilthjack

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 21:39 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

I doubt Mr Birch would allow it. He talked of have seen hundreds of CVs. The decsion was made by him Curtis and Britton. All have left sadly. HJ would never have appointed Cooper in my opinion.

Hmmmmm. Think again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 10:13 - Apr 5 with 2218 viewsBillyChong

Huw Jenkins appointed Bob Bradley, no thanks
Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 10:18 - Apr 5 with 2210 viewsmonmouth

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 10:13 - Apr 5 by BillyChong

Huw Jenkins appointed Bob Bradley, no thanks

Never mind Bradley, he replaced Laudrup with ‘Mr Compensation’ Garry Monk.

That alone makes his ‘manager genius’ argument laughable before you get near Bradley and Clement.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 10:28 - Apr 5 with 2207 viewsjack_lord

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 00:10 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Take a look around the academy and training facilities and wonder where did the money come from to build these state of the art facilities? .

No loans
No government hand outs
No illegal earnings.
No contributions from shareholders.

Just good hard graft and commitment. I respect that.

Where did the money come from?
as you said no contributions from shareholders....
and while you are at it, see that sparkly stadium, where did that money come from?

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 11:07 - Apr 5 with 2166 viewsonehunglow

Bugger it.
I loved Paolo.
I have a quite personal book of our club replete with press cuttings.

A former chum /poster of mine took this to Paolo and he endorse it with a beautiful sentiment.

A gorgeous man who my missus would have surely run away with had I not been the guy I am. Not a bad coach either who seems to have done ok in the game.

Not to be mentioned in the same sentence as our current head coach.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 12:38 - Apr 5 with 2147 viewsKilkennyjack

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 11:07 - Apr 5 by onehunglow

Bugger it.
I loved Paolo.
I have a quite personal book of our club replete with press cuttings.

A former chum /poster of mine took this to Paolo and he endorse it with a beautiful sentiment.

A gorgeous man who my missus would have surely run away with had I not been the guy I am. Not a bad coach either who seems to have done ok in the game.

Not to be mentioned in the same sentence as our current head coach.

Are you concerned that your better half might fall for Coops ?

Perhaps its a power thing ? 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 13:58 - Apr 5 with 2133 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 10:28 - Apr 5 by jack_lord

Where did the money come from?
as you said no contributions from shareholders....
and while you are at it, see that sparkly stadium, where did that money come from?

It came from Swansea council and the ratepayers. The club were using it for peanuts. The US owners have taken control of the Stadium and paying the council and the ratepayers decent money for the first time.

The US loan / investment is being used to give it a lick of paint and the pitch has been replaced. The Osprey now pay Swansea city giving the club income.

Jenkins /Morgan did an extra ordinary job and took a few bob for their efforts over 15 years of massive growth. You should give them credit. It is the Trust that want to run away with a sackfull of cash. This is because they are fearful of the future and being asked to contribute to investment in the club. They prefer to give millions to posh boys (and girls) from Surrey than invest in Swansea city AFC.

The club are doing things correctly for the players staff and community. The Trust urgently need to change course.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 15:41 - Apr 5 with 2112 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 13:58 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

It came from Swansea council and the ratepayers. The club were using it for peanuts. The US owners have taken control of the Stadium and paying the council and the ratepayers decent money for the first time.

The US loan / investment is being used to give it a lick of paint and the pitch has been replaced. The Osprey now pay Swansea city giving the club income.

Jenkins /Morgan did an extra ordinary job and took a few bob for their efforts over 15 years of massive growth. You should give them credit. It is the Trust that want to run away with a sackfull of cash. This is because they are fearful of the future and being asked to contribute to investment in the club. They prefer to give millions to posh boys (and girls) from Surrey than invest in Swansea city AFC.

The club are doing things correctly for the players staff and community. The Trust urgently need to change course.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:05 - Apr 5 with 2057 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 15:41 - Apr 5 by Chief

I can understand why you want to draw a line under the debate. Burnley were sold for £200m. 21% of that is £42m. Swansea probably will not get there this season so now is the time for the Trust to press on with 'operation oblivion' and giving their public school associates millions of money that belongs in Wales.

Cricky its just like the old days and the coal industry. All the black gold removed down to Bari and all that was left were some terraced houses and a few grey chapels. It sucks. I wonder why the Plaid Cymru guys Trampie and Kilkenny does not get involved. This should be right up their street.

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:08 - Apr 5 with 2045 viewsChief

Ground hog day 2010.. 11 year cycle. on 18:05 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I can understand why you want to draw a line under the debate. Burnley were sold for £200m. 21% of that is £42m. Swansea probably will not get there this season so now is the time for the Trust to press on with 'operation oblivion' and giving their public school associates millions of money that belongs in Wales.

Cricky its just like the old days and the coal industry. All the black gold removed down to Bari and all that was left were some terraced houses and a few grey chapels. It sucks. I wonder why the Plaid Cymru guys Trampie and Kilkenny does not get involved. This should be right up their street.

I did warn you not to rely on your Burnley fantasy coming true a long time ago didn't i?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024