Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Passports 18:37 - Apr 4 with 10510 viewsTenbySwan

What do we think?

Will you get one?
Covid Passports on 13:01 - Apr 7 with 1228 viewspencoedjack

Covid Passports on 09:37 - Apr 7 by felixstowe_jack

Really. I think all countries will require vaccination certificates if you want to travel to them. It seems quite a good idea to have some sort of certificate to enter places where the risk of catching the virus are high, like cinemas, theatres, indoor or crowded sports venues.

It is strange how some people who have smart phones that track you 24 hours a day are reluctant to accept a certificate.

If you don't want to be vaccinated that is your choice and if that restricts some aspects of your life that again is your choice.

If a country wants a certificate to prove you have had a vaccine I am unsure who the anti vaccine people will moan too.

Good news for those of us who have the vaccine & are not stuck on a plane with idiots who wont have it.

I would imagine the sensible people who cant have it for medical reasons wouldn't want to travel anyway.
Covid Passports on 13:03 - Apr 7 with 1228 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid Passports on 12:46 - Apr 7 by jack2jack

You really think that pubs, cafes restaurants, theatres etc etc, are going to turn away 30% of their potential customers or more, because they don't have a passport. you do realise that most of the above are on their arses, they have not earnt a penny in almost 13 months.
Already big companies will be putting pressure on governments not to enforce these passports.and do you honestly believe that countries like Italy and Spain are going to put an embargo on travellers coming into their country as they too are on their arse.
Anyway we'll see how these passports pan out. I'll make a little prediction, that within two years they will be dust. Just an opinion.

They are not passports thay are certificates. Passports only use if for international travel.

Hopefully within a year or so everyone will be vaccinated and cases of the viruse are so we low we can get back to normality.
Without certificates cinemas, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will still have to use social distancing measures and can only run at reduced capacity.

Hopefully certificates will allow them to have larger numbers attending which will help them get back to financial viability sooner.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Covid Passports on 13:11 - Apr 7 with 1219 viewsScotia

Covid Passports on 12:46 - Apr 7 by jack2jack

You really think that pubs, cafes restaurants, theatres etc etc, are going to turn away 30% of their potential customers or more, because they don't have a passport. you do realise that most of the above are on their arses, they have not earnt a penny in almost 13 months.
Already big companies will be putting pressure on governments not to enforce these passports.and do you honestly believe that countries like Italy and Spain are going to put an embargo on travellers coming into their country as they too are on their arse.
Anyway we'll see how these passports pan out. I'll make a little prediction, that within two years they will be dust. Just an opinion.

Plenty of countries demand proof a vaccination already for a variety of diseases, usually countries far more on their arse than Spain.

We're all going to be on our arse if we don't get a handle on this soon proof of vaccine or a negative test is one way to get closer to it.
Covid Passports on 13:23 - Apr 7 with 1209 viewsjack2jack

Covid Passports on 13:03 - Apr 7 by felixstowe_jack

They are not passports thay are certificates. Passports only use if for international travel.

Hopefully within a year or so everyone will be vaccinated and cases of the viruse are so we low we can get back to normality.
Without certificates cinemas, restaurants, theatres and sports stadiums will still have to use social distancing measures and can only run at reduced capacity.

Hopefully certificates will allow them to have larger numbers attending which will help them get back to financial viability sooner.

Passports, certificates, same difference
Businesses are not going to survive at reduced capacity, take clubs for instance, their punters are just not in the category, who will need or want the Vaccine, so what do they do, it they are forced to operate, and only allow folk in, who have been vaccinated, they are knackered, do you see my point, where does it end.
I just don't see its sustainable. I feel for businesses, I really do.
Covid Passports on 13:25 - Apr 7 with 1205 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid Passports on 13:23 - Apr 7 by jack2jack

Passports, certificates, same difference
Businesses are not going to survive at reduced capacity, take clubs for instance, their punters are just not in the category, who will need or want the Vaccine, so what do they do, it they are forced to operate, and only allow folk in, who have been vaccinated, they are knackered, do you see my point, where does it end.
I just don't see its sustainable. I feel for businesses, I really do.

So do I they will never recover if they have to keep social distancing rules in place. There will be no need to social distance if everyone has the certificate.

Covid Passports on 13:32 - Apr 7 with 1202 viewsjack2jack

Covid Passports on 13:11 - Apr 7 by Scotia

Plenty of countries demand proof a vaccination already for a variety of diseases, usually countries far more on their arse than Spain.

We're all going to be on our arse if we don't get a handle on this soon proof of vaccine or a negative test is one way to get closer to it.

But we are getting handle on it.
Infections are through the floor.
Vaccinations are 100 000s per day, 30 million already had their first jab, over 5 million with their second.
hospital admissions at an all time low.
and yet we are being threatened with a 3rd wave, and we haven't even opened up properly.
We have done all they asked of us and more, and still, no pubs, no restaurants even at reduced capacity.
And for all those who think that they are going away on their holidays anytime soon , well good luck with that, even those who have been jabbed. Not quite what we were promised.
Thats all folks!
Covid Passports on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1194 viewsjack2jack

Covid Passports on 13:25 - Apr 7 by felixstowe_jack

So do I they will never recover if they have to keep social distancing rules in place. There will be no need to social distance if everyone has the certificate.

But that is assuming that if, and its a big if, everyone gets jabbed and we wipe out this virus, but that is not going to happen, certainly in the short to medium term, what about the variants, what about the folk who cant or don't have the jab. No I'm afraid we are going to have to live with this, like we do any other diseases. The vaccine is not a silver bullet, yes it helps, but nothing is 100% guaranteed. Lets see where we are come autumn, when everyone's jabbed and they lock us down again.
The elderly, the vulnerable, those who need it have been vaccinated have been done, so what are we waiting for, Boris said we would be free, but the goal posts are moving all the time. Its p****g people off. And don't give me all the flannel about this is a fluid situation. 15 months, you'd think they'd have some idea, by now. Same shambles as before. Day after day after week after week. Bo***x
I'm off, speak soon.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Covid Passports on 14:14 - Apr 7 with 1172 viewsonehunglow

So I want ot go my me holibobs.

Johnny foreigner Border chap asks if I have passport/certificate/doctor's paper/parchment paper to evidence I have been vaxed and won't spread this curse.
I say.yep.
He nods and lets me past to get my hire car to the sun.

Yep,that'll do me.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Passports on 14:22 - Apr 7 with 1163 viewshobo

Covid Passports on 14:14 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

So I want ot go my me holibobs.

Johnny foreigner Border chap asks if I have passport/certificate/doctor's paper/parchment paper to evidence I have been vaxed and won't spread this curse.
I say.yep.
He nods and lets me past to get my hire car to the sun.

Yep,that'll do me.

The WORST affected area in UK has 258 cases per 100,000 people (Swansea has 34 cases per 100k) Why on Earth would the border chap suspect you've got covid??
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 14:23]
Covid Passports on 15:25 - Apr 7 with 1133 viewsScotia

Covid Passports on 13:32 - Apr 7 by jack2jack

But we are getting handle on it.
Infections are through the floor.
Vaccinations are 100 000s per day, 30 million already had their first jab, over 5 million with their second.
hospital admissions at an all time low.
and yet we are being threatened with a 3rd wave, and we haven't even opened up properly.
We have done all they asked of us and more, and still, no pubs, no restaurants even at reduced capacity.
And for all those who think that they are going away on their holidays anytime soon , well good luck with that, even those who have been jabbed. Not quite what we were promised.
Thats all folks!

We're getting a handle on it because of lockdown. Vaccines will help us keep a handle on it as we release lockdown.

Personally I think England are getting this about right this time, there's no excuse for Wales to open up later.
Covid Passports on 08:34 - Apr 8 with 1054 viewsWhiterockin

Covid Passports on 15:25 - Apr 7 by Scotia

We're getting a handle on it because of lockdown. Vaccines will help us keep a handle on it as we release lockdown.

Personally I think England are getting this about right this time, there's no excuse for Wales to open up later.

There doesn't seem to be the expected spike following the re opening of schools in England, maybe Johnson has got it right. One hell of a gamble by Drakeford to be very cautious if it proves not to be necessary with an election in a month.
Covid Passports on 08:39 - Apr 8 with 1047 viewsDr_Winston

Covid Passports on 08:34 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

There doesn't seem to be the expected spike following the re opening of schools in England, maybe Johnson has got it right. One hell of a gamble by Drakeford to be very cautious if it proves not to be necessary with an election in a month.

No spike but a levelling off of cases, which is a decent result given the increase in mixing. Interesting that serious cases are still dropping, which is exactly what we'd want to see with a vaccination.

Think we're getting close to the point where we can decide to open up a bit more even if those at least risk remain unvaccinated.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Covid Passports on 09:00 - Apr 8 with 1038 viewsfelixstowe_jack

78% of the population are in favour of showing coronavirus vaccination certificates to gain entry to certain events.

Covid Passports on 09:17 - Apr 8 with 1035 viewsonehunglow

No passports

No vaccine

This is what some want?

Covid Passports on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1033 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid Passports on 09:17 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

No passports

No vaccine

This is what some want?

There will always be a few who would rather die than have a vaccine.
Their choice.

Covid Passports on 09:44 - Apr 8 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

Covid Passports on 09:27 - Apr 8 by felixstowe_jack

There will always be a few who would rather die than have a vaccine.
Their choice.

Morning Felix.
And if they want to ascend to Paradise to meet 100 virgins or simply to sit with Jesus then fine.However ,I don't want anyone who is not that way inclined to die unnecessarily .

Covid Passports on 09:57 - Apr 8 with 1010 viewsangryjack

Covid Passports on 08:34 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

If I seen drakeford walking past my house..I'm not kidding I would say..oi drakeford..come ya..and would honestly stick head in him..my anxiety is through roof can't think straight..he needs open things sharpish...the booked on a power trip..
Covid Passports on 07:49 - Apr 9 with 960 viewsmajorraglan

Not quite Covid passports, but Covid and passport related.

It seems like a significant number of the people who’ve entered the country legally over the last few months have gone missing and the government is unable to account for the movements of a significant number of people and confirm if quarantines have been followed. It looks like the team responsible for checking quarantine compliance was wound up last month. You can’t make it up.

https://inews.co.uk/news/travel-quarantine-laws-uk-government-covid-restrictions
Covid Passports on 08:42 - Apr 9 with 949 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There are also millions who entered illegally over the years who have gone missing. Wonder if they will turn up to be vaccinated.

On a brighter light several major sporting bodies in the UK are in favour of vaccine certificates to allow crowds to return including the PL. Hopefully the football league will follow and we can return to watch our teams next season.

Covid Passports on 10:15 - Apr 9 with 931 viewsonehunglow

Covid Passports on 08:42 - Apr 9 by felixstowe_jack

There are also millions who entered illegally over the years who have gone missing. Wonder if they will turn up to be vaccinated.

On a brighter light several major sporting bodies in the UK are in favour of vaccine certificates to allow crowds to return including the PL. Hopefully the football league will follow and we can return to watch our teams next season.

So how will conspiracy theorists fare Felix if they want to get to a game. "Sorry mate,no cert,no game."

It's nuts,man.

Covid Passports on 10:36 - Apr 9 with 927 viewsbuilthjack

Covid Passports on 09:17 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

No passports

No vaccine

This is what some want?

Double Vaccines.
Passports.

Don't let them in or out of the country without them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Covid Passports on 10:52 - Apr 9 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Covid Passports on 10:36 - Apr 9 by builthjack

Double Vaccines.
Passports.

Don't let them in or out of the country without them.

Yep.Im with that
What genuinely angers and puzzles me is this:
We have a cure ,a killer virus that has killed millions world wide,150,000 here.Yet...

Some don't see mask wearing as effective /warranted
Social distancing simply as a means of subjugating freedom of the individual.

We find a vaccine through outstanding scientists of whom we should be super proud BUT it MIGHT not be 100 % free of a side effect. So no,we won't have it as we want to be free.

Human Rights is about the freedom for people to live whenever possible without fear and the biggest fear I can think of is covid and death. For people to deny this and to give them the chance to spread it is manslaughter.

Johnson has been too soft in many ways but he has done a good job with this vaccine roll out.It shames most of Europe which should hang its head in shame.

Covid Passports on 11:20 - Apr 9 with 913 viewscontroversial_jack

What a great job this govt has done

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/government-accused-of-losing-track-of-150-0
Covid Passports on 19:13 - Apr 10 with 836 viewsshingle

A neighbor has just died of a blood clot he was 45 and he had not had a jab yet , make of that what you will.
Covid Passports on 19:20 - Apr 10 with 830 viewsFlashberryjack

Covid Passports on 19:13 - Apr 10 by shingle

A neighbor has just died of a blood clot he was 45 and he had not had a jab yet , make of that what you will.

Only proves that a certain amount of people die of blood clots every day, much, much more if they contract covid19.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour,

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024