Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senedd election 22:58 - Apr 4 with 17405 viewsCwmafanJack

How do you see it ending up?
Personally can see labour loosing quite a few votes to plaid not enough to make a significant difference though.
Can see the tories doing better than expected but abolish taking votes off them. Odds on labour plaid coalition.
Constituency changes can't see many.
Plaid to take llanelli and maybe Carmarthen west and south pembs with outside chance Caerphilly, Cardiff west
Tories to take Bridgend and maybe one or two up north east Wales.
Labour not to win any new seats

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Senedd election on 22:19 - Apr 5 with 1108 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 22:09 - Apr 5 by raynor94

What, locals making massive profits, selling to the damned English

My previous neighbours (from Hampshire) sold to current neighbours (from Kent) and they downsized moving to another village in Wales, they all seem to love it down here.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Senedd election on 22:25 - Apr 5 with 1093 viewsraynor94

Senedd election on 22:19 - Apr 5 by trampie

My previous neighbours (from Hampshire) sold to current neighbours (from Kent) and they downsized moving to another village in Wales, they all seem to love it down here.

So where is this, and why don't locals sell to the youngsters, it's, up to them who they sell too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Senedd election on 22:26 - Apr 5 with 1088 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 22:02 - Apr 5 by Scotia

I'd add to that.

We also have considerably lower levels of infection and a higher vaccine uptake. There is no excuse for us to be opening after England.

Gym's still closed and outside hospitality still closed with Westminster picking up the furlough bill. Not to mention the impacts on well-being or physical health of them remaining closed.

The problem is, we have no alternative, the less people who vote Labour will see more Plaid seats. It will be a Plaid / Labour coalition and therefore more of the same.

I can see a few tory gains in regional seats and maybe a handful of AWA, but I think the biggest kick up the butt for Welsh Labour would be if Drakeford lost his seat. That would make my day.

I thought some things did open back up in Wales first, some shops, didn't hairdressers open in Wales first ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Senedd election on 22:43 - Apr 5 with 1059 viewsScotia

Senedd election on 22:26 - Apr 5 by trampie

I thought some things did open back up in Wales first, some shops, didn't hairdressers open in Wales first ?

They have, because we're being different for the sake of being different. Justifying the existence of the WG.

We can have a hair cut but not all kids are in school. Outdoor activity doesn't really cause an increase in infection but we open two weeks later. We were going to open gyms first but know we have no date for them to open as normal. Indoor hospitality in England will open in mid May, we have no idea when those in Wales will.

I honestly don't think there is a decent politician in Wales, full stop.
Senedd election on 23:43 - Apr 5 with 1056 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Senedd election on 22:26 - Apr 5 by trampie

They made a right meal of re-opening non-essential retail. Led them up the garden path implying they could open the same date as hairdressers (15th), then came up with some half arsed excuse about 'not rushing things' when they bottled it and opted to just allow the re-opening of non-essential aisles in essential shops on the 22nd.

Result? Mad queues for M&S on the 22nd as their clothes etc. became available for purchase, meanwhile the small independent clothes shop on the local high street has to wait for the 12th April. Genius.

If anyone can explain to me the public health benefit of that decision I'd love to hear it.
Senedd election on 00:59 - Apr 6 with 1050 viewsCwmafanJack

Definitely to many sais living in Wales. Let's Kick them all out like Scotland along with the tories and abolish and let's all live in gods country with cymraeg as our mother toung in a free and independent state.
Annibyniaeth is coming.
Cymru rydd

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Senedd election on 04:15 - Apr 6 with 1030 viewsWhiterockin

Senedd election on 21:57 - Apr 5 by trampie

The vast majority of Welsh MPs are Labour.

They lost 6 seats last time and ended up with 40.9% of the total votes, conservatives 36.1% and plaid 10.4%. Small margins really.
Senedd election on 06:07 - Apr 6 with 1017 viewsjack247

Senedd election on 22:00 - Apr 5 by trampie

It pushes up property prices.

You’re deflecting again.

If the WA was fit for purpose, no one would even have the option of voting AWA.
Login to get fewer ads

Senedd election on 06:30 - Apr 6 with 1007 viewstrampie

Senedd election on 04:15 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

They lost 6 seats last time and ended up with 40.9% of the total votes, conservatives 36.1% and plaid 10.4%. Small margins really.

Their vote is getting down towards a tipping point, if they lose much more vote share they will lose seats, but at the last general election they won 70% of the seats in Wales.

Senedd election on 08:43 - Apr 6 with 964 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd election on 06:07 - Apr 6 by jack247

You’re deflecting again.

If the WA was fit for purpose, no one would even have the option of voting AWA.

Nah - there are always the runt of the litter types, who voted ukip/brexit/bnp/national front over many decades.

Abolish is right up their street.
Simple slogan for simple minds.

No doubt they will attract some votes and some controversy.

It might just have the unintended consequence of increasing the Indy vote....?

Beware of the Risen People

Senedd election on 09:18 - Apr 6 with 958 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd election on 08:43 - Apr 6 by Kilkennyjack

Nah - there are always the runt of the litter types, who voted ukip/brexit/bnp/national front over many decades.

Always a few people who will vote for independence despite the fact that Wales will lose £9 billion of annual funding from the UK government. It is also strange how they want freedom from the democratic UK Parliament where they have 6% of the seats. Yet they want to surrender their independence and join the undemocratic EU where they will have less than 2% representation in the EU parliament and absolutely no say in the selection of EU commissioners.

Still i guess they think the shambles of the EU vaccine rollout stands out like a beacon from Drakeford's failed senedd. I am sure they will be happy to use the Euro and have to convert it every time they cross the border into England .

Fortunately only 20% of the Welsh voters think like this.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Senedd election on 09:30 - Apr 6 with 956 viewsjack247

Senedd election on 08:43 - Apr 6 by Kilkennyjack

Ok, let me rephrase.

They wouldn’t have a chance in hell of anyone other than BNPesque Britannia rules the waves types voting for them.

As it stands, they are gaining traction and will pick up votes from normal, rational, people because of the way the WA has been run over it’s 20 odd years.

As for Indy. The last year has made me seriously reevaluate.

Would Wales have been able to pay 80% of most of the populations wages for a year? Would we be one of the first countries to offer full vaccination to everyone? I don’t know, neither do you, but I seriously doubt we could have afforded it.
Senedd election on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 945 viewsonehunglow

Senedd election on 18:16 - Apr 5 by jack247

Yeah in pockets, Haverfordwest, Tenby etc, some parts of the North that aren’t too far from the North West of England. The overwhelming majority of people living in Wales aren’t retirees from Surrey. If they were, Labour wouldn’t landslide every election.

The ones that do come here don’t tend to buy average houses, they buy big and pay massive land transaction tax for the privilege.

Wales won’t progress with your ‘other side of the dyke’ xenophobic mentality.

Im our part of the world,many move to N/E Wales as housing is cheaper. Simple as. Don't blame them.
When they do,they contribute to the Welsh economy. It's no problem in Flintshure and Denbighshire but in the welsh speaking heartlands ,it often is. I will leave it there.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Senedd election on 11:51 - Apr 6 with 915 viewsraynor94

Senedd election on 00:59 - Apr 6 by CwmafanJack

Definitely to many sais living in Wales. Let's Kick them all out like Scotland along with the tories and abolish and let's all live in gods country with cymraeg as our mother toung in a free and independent state.
Annibyniaeth is coming.
Cymru rydd

What is going to pay for this utopia? Thank god the vast majority of sane Welsh voters will show what they think of Welsh independence next month.

Senedd election on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 902 viewsBoundy

Senedd election on 11:51 - Apr 6 by raynor94

What is going to pay for this utopia? Thank god the vast majority of sane Welsh voters will show what they think of Welsh independence next month.

Just as important whos going to police the ones who don't speak Welsh or have a touch of johnny foreigner about them , what will the nats do , burn them out, destroy their culture, concentration camps, .I believe hitler tried to create a pure Aryan race and look at the outcome of another mad mans idea .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Senedd election on 12:34 - Apr 6 with 897 viewsraynor94

Senedd election on 12:27 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Just as important whos going to police the ones who don't speak Welsh or have a touch of johnny foreigner about them , what will the nats do , burn them out, destroy their culture, concentration camps, .I believe hitler tried to create a pure Aryan race and look at the outcome of another mad mans idea .

I don't trust Adam Price's eyebrows

Senedd election on 14:01 - Apr 6 with 876 viewsonehunglow

"to" many.
Stick to cymrig ,bach.

Too many welsh living in England too.Innit
Jesus loves you
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 15:03]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Senedd election on 22:54 - Apr 6 with 809 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd election on 12:27 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Welsh nationalism is a civic nationalism.

If you live, work, and love in Wales then you are Welsh.
Diversity is a strength.

Concentration camps were started by the English army in the Boer war.
I am concerned about the direction of the Johnson government/regime though, flags and slogans are not enough to run a country. Brexit is a great example of this bollox.

Senedd election on 22:59 - Apr 6 with 804 viewsKilkennyjack

The uk is hugely in debt.
Wales cannot afford not to be indy.

Wiki says .....

‘Debt (public sector net debt excluding public sector banks, PSND ex) has exceeded £2 trillion for the first time.
At the end of July 2020, debt was £2,004.0 billion.
Thats £227.6 billion more than at the same point in 2019.’

The UK is finished.

Senedd election on 07:31 - Apr 7 with 770 viewsScotia

I'm just watching Adam Price on BBC breakfast, we are in deep trouble if he ended up being first minister under the current system. I dread to think how much of a disaster he'd be as prime minister.

He couldn't answer how Wales would finance independence and sort of said we'd borrow to build infrastructure.

Could we borrow? What would happen when historically low interest rates increase?

I've only got the lib dems left, do they still exist? I'll be spoiling at this rate.
Senedd election on 08:05 - Apr 7 with 769 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd election on 22:59 - Apr 6 by Kilkennyjack

The uk is hugely in debt.
Wales cannot afford not to be indy.

Wiki says .....

‘Debt (public sector net debt excluding public sector banks, PSND ex) has exceeded £2 trillion for the first time.
At the end of July 2020, debt was £2,004.0 billion.
Thats £227.6 billion more than at the same point in 2019.’

The UK is finished.

When Wales is independent they will of course have to take with them their share of the UK national debt. They will also lose the annual UK subsidy from the UK government of £9 billion a year. When you add in the loss if 5,000 DVLA jobs in Swansea plus land registry and income tax jobs in Cardiff it will be an economic disaster.

Can Plaid please explain how they will replace these jobs and finance.
Plaid also has policies that will seriously damage Wales biggest industry, the tourism sector more jobs lost.

Senedd election on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 756 viewsBoundy

Senedd election on 22:54 - Apr 6 by Kilkennyjack

Welsh nationalism is a civic nationalism.

If you live, work, and love in Wales then you are Welsh.
Diversity is a strength.

Concentration camps were started by the English army in the Boer war.
I am concerned about the direction of the Johnson government/regime though, flags and slogans are not enough to run a country. Brexit is a great example of this bollox.

My dear boy , I see history isn't your strongest forte . The english army ceased to exist on the 26th January 1661 when HM Charles II issued the Royal Warrant. The British Army including a number of Welsh regiments fought in the Boer war which was 140 years later with the the creation of the first concentration camp was by an Irishman .
There endeth the lesson

Senedd election on 09:50 - Apr 7 with 755 viewsBoundy

Senedd election on 07:31 - Apr 7 by Scotia

I'm just watching Adam Price on BBC breakfast, we are in deep trouble if he ended up being first minister under the current system. I dread to think how much of a disaster he'd be as prime minister.

He couldn't answer how Wales would finance independence and sort of said we'd borrow to build infrastructure.

Could we borrow? What would happen when historically low interest rates increase?

I've only got the lib dems left, do they still exist? I'll be spoiling at this rate.

I despair at the quality of candidates for the US elections , but this lot

Senedd election on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 729 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd election on 09:48 - Apr 7 by Boundy

My dear boy , I see history isn't your strongest forte . The english army ceased to exist on the 26th January 1661 when HM Charles II issued the Royal Warrant. The British Army including a number of Welsh regiments fought in the Boer war which was 140 years later with the the creation of the first concentration camp was by an Irishman .
There endeth the lesson

Well the first concentration camps were created even sooner. Just the American called them Indian reservations where the native Americans were rounded up and placed in camps.

Killy's view of history bares no resemblance to history books or even basic research.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 13:30]

Senedd election on 14:08 - Apr 7 with 720 viewsTenbySwan

I would like to see plaid win South Pembrokeshire and West Carmarthen but the reality I think is that the left vote will be split leaving the f'ing Tories in again.

Plaid had a good candidate with the Dr from Ammanford but he pulled out a couple if weeks ago and sadly all 3 main candidates now appear like prats!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024