Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? 20:54 - Apr 6 with 15929 viewsKeithHaynes

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:42 - Apr 9 with 993 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:36 - Apr 9 by donnybackspin

I agree, I have never wanted us to lose, but I hope we do so we can get a manager that wants to play attacking football the Swansea Way.

It's a win wn really.The team wins,we're happy,the team loses,then it's another nail n the cooper football coffin.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:42 - Apr 9 with 1012 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:27 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

Not limited resources ? Just compare our squad with Norwich, Watford , Brentford, Bournemouth , or most of the championship clubs, our owners constantly sell our most prized assets and fans ignore this fact and are happy to blame the fall guy manager again, this time SC, the blame for any underachievement lies with our owners lack of investment, no need to look any further.

We can compare our squad with those if you like, but we'd obviously have to factor in Cooper's efforts to chase out as much individual flair or attacking wide players as he possibly could.

As far as money goes, we're still in receipt of a parachute payment, which puts our financial muscle right up there in the division. That's pretty indisputable.

Are you another one of those "Waaah! Spend money because that's all that matters!" types?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:08 - Apr 9 with 993 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:42 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

We can compare our squad with those if you like, but we'd obviously have to factor in Cooper's efforts to chase out as much individual flair or attacking wide players as he possibly could.

As far as money goes, we're still in receipt of a parachute payment, which puts our financial muscle right up there in the division. That's pretty indisputable.

Are you another one of those "Waaah! Spend money because that's all that matters!" types?

The decline of Swansea City lies at the doors of our owners past and present, when the inevitable sacking comes it will inevitably result in a further decline in our club, don’t forget I told you so.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:15 - Apr 9 with 964 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:08 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

The decline of Swansea City lies at the doors of our owners past and present, when the inevitable sacking comes it will inevitably result in a further decline in our club, don’t forget I told you so.

What you mean Cooper' sacking will affect us negatively?

Fair play cock. You must have been at the jellied eels

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:18 - Apr 9 with 982 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:08 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

I'm not entirely sure you understand the meaning of the word "Inevitable".

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 978 viewsjasper_T

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:27 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

Not limited resources ? Just compare our squad with Norwich, Watford , Brentford, Bournemouth , or most of the championship clubs, our owners constantly sell our most prized assets and fans ignore this fact and are happy to blame the fall guy manager again, this time SC, the blame for any underachievement lies with our owners lack of investment, no need to look any further.

Apart from Brentford all those clubs were in the PL more recently than us, and all sold prized assets in the summer and made massive net transfer profits. We're not unique.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 969 viewsDr_Winston

It's a wacky world where a manager in charge of a player earning £80k per week, and permitted to borrow players from PL clubs earning at least another £30k per week, can be described as "working with limited resources" by people who keep a straight face whilst doing so.

Cooper is a tw*t. He's tried his utmost to strangle all semblance of flair and ambition from this team in an effort to turn them all into shape obsessed robofootballers, and current results (and basically two years worth of performances) neatly demonstrate the folly of this approach.

It's bizarre that some people still attempt to lay the blame for this elsewhere, most notably at the feet of people trying to make the club financially sustainable in the long term.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:42 - Apr 9 with 964 viewslifelong

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:36 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

It's a wacky world where a manager in charge of a player earning £80k per week, and permitted to borrow players from PL clubs earning at least another £30k per week, can be described as "working with limited resources" by people who keep a straight face whilst doing so.

Cooper is a tw*t. He's tried his utmost to strangle all semblance of flair and ambition from this team in an effort to turn them all into shape obsessed robofootballers, and current results (and basically two years worth of performances) neatly demonstrate the folly of this approach.

It's bizarre that some people still attempt to lay the blame for this elsewhere, most notably at the feet of people trying to make the club financially sustainable in the long term.

I think Ayew has been poor in the past few games, in fact I thought his performance against Preston was dreadful.
Hourihane has been a disappointment for me, despite scoring a few goals his general play has not been anywhere near as what was expected of him.
Login to get fewer ads

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:48 - Apr 9 with 959 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:42 - Apr 9 by lifelong

I think Ayew has been poor in the past few games, in fact I thought his performance against Preston was dreadful.
Hourihane has been a disappointment for me, despite scoring a few goals his general play has not been anywhere near as what was expected of him.

I'm not sure what people expect from attacking flair players under a manager who has shown almost zero interest in both attributes.

If we were a team who played on the front foot and both were still struggling then fair enough. I'd get it. As it is, then I'm not sure what we can do.

Ayew has carried this team for long periods under Cooper. When he's doing well people fall over themselves in their attempts to praise him. When things go bad, they can't get the knives out quick enough. I'm not having it.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:49 - Apr 9 with 958 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:36 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

How will we be financially stable in league 2? Our owners have been asset stripping our club continually, and I’m sure most of the league will have a higher wage bill than us. One player on £80k per week cannot win promotion on his own, and as far as the loan signings most are only here because of SC, sack him and loose the loanees, then god help us.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:00 - Apr 9 with 950 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:15 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

What you mean Cooper' sacking will affect us negatively?

Fair play cock. You must have been at the jellied eels

Same old Perch, someone disagrees with you and the personal insults appear
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 941 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:49 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

How will we be financially stable in league 2? Our owners have been asset stripping our club continually, and I’m sure most of the league will have a higher wage bill than us. One player on £80k per week cannot win promotion on his own, and as far as the loan signings most are only here because of SC, sack him and loose the loanees, then god help us.

I'll ask you the same question I've asked Perchy and Builthjack. Provide evidence of asset stripping. The accounts are there for you to do so.

If you can't, shush.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:21 - Apr 9 with 931 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:10 - Apr 9 by Dr_Winston

I'll ask you the same question I've asked Perchy and Builthjack. Provide evidence of asset stripping. The accounts are there for you to do so.

If you can't, shush.

Our owners are venture capitalists , they’re in it for the money not the love of Swansea City, any accountant worth their salt can hide the evidence, don’t be another fooled by the lies, or are you Jenkins in disguise?
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:22 - Apr 9 with 928 viewsmonmouth

Obviously I think Cooper is absolutely not what we need, but he’s what we have, and what we do need is the prem money. It is -pretty much- inevitable he will be gone one way or another before next season, or early in the season imo, so we need to be praying for wins now. Losses and him leaving will get us nowhere that we won’t be anyway. If we don’t get in the playoffs we are likely to plummet next year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:27 - Apr 9 with 925 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:21 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

Our owners are venture capitalists , they’re in it for the money not the love of Swansea City, any accountant worth their salt can hide the evidence, don’t be another fooled by the lies, or are you Jenkins in disguise?

So, as per usual, that's a no.

Maybe one day.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:46 - Apr 9 with 905 viewsBoundy

I'm afraid to tell you this but there are very few owners who are in ownership of a football club purely because the love the Club, not even Jenkins & co could ever be accused of that . I'm not too bothered whether the current owners make money on their assets as long as it's not to the detriment of the Club and imo they haven't, so far . If you look at the standard of people they've brought in such as , Birch, now Winter , Andy Scott to stabilise us off the pitch then you can't argue they've done us pretty good . Considering we've been affected by Covid etc next seasons ticket prices went well above what anyone could have ever expected.
Until someone can actually produce substantial evidence that the yanks are syphoning money out of the Club then I'll go along with what their trying to do, control the costs and keep us as going enterprise , some Clubs are heading for a fall I'd like to think we're not one of them

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:23 - Apr 9 with 863 viewsReslovenSwan1

The current owners are not venture capitalists.

"Venture capital (VC) is a form of private equity and a type of financing that investors provide to startup companies and small businesses that are believed to have long-term growth potential."

This demonstrates your lack of knowledge in the first 5 words. Good going. The south African guy and Frenchmen were often called venture capitalists and since Swansea city 2002 was a start up this is an accurate name for them perhaps.

[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 22:25]

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:26 - Apr 9 with 860 viewsDJack

Tidy posts from Winston & Boundy. Ta.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:26 - Apr 9 with 860 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:46 - Apr 9 by Boundy

I'm afraid to tell you this but there are very few owners who are in ownership of a football club purely because the love the Club, not even Jenkins & co could ever be accused of that . I'm not too bothered whether the current owners make money on their assets as long as it's not to the detriment of the Club and imo they haven't, so far . If you look at the standard of people they've brought in such as , Birch, now Winter , Andy Scott to stabilise us off the pitch then you can't argue they've done us pretty good . Considering we've been affected by Covid etc next seasons ticket prices went well above what anyone could have ever expected.
Until someone can actually produce substantial evidence that the yanks are syphoning money out of the Club then I'll go along with what their trying to do, control the costs and keep us as going enterprise , some Clubs are heading for a fall I'd like to think we're not one of them

I don’t agree the yanks are doing a good job, when they took over we were comfortable in the prem, no financial issues to speak of, most football teams run at a loss which are subsidised by the owners. Up until now the yanks have had the benefits of the prem tv money, it will be interesting what happens after that disappears, probably the yanks will disappear too having recouped their so called “investment “. I will agree birch did well with SC appointment, not much to do with the yanks though.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:03 - Apr 9 with 836 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:26 - Apr 9 by cockneyswan

I don’t agree the yanks are doing a good job, when they took over we were comfortable in the prem, no financial issues to speak of, most football teams run at a loss which are subsidised by the owners. Up until now the yanks have had the benefits of the prem tv money, it will be interesting what happens after that disappears, probably the yanks will disappear too having recouped their so called “investment “. I will agree birch did well with SC appointment, not much to do with the yanks though.

Almost all your post is wrong again. A re hash of fake narratives regurgitated week after week. The US people have been about to do a 'quick flip' of the club for 5 years already. Levien has been at DC for over 8 years.

When they took over Swansea were not comfortable in the Premeir league. They may have been slightly misled by the win over Chelsea they saw which featured a heavily rotated team by Hiddink after a very strong run. Guidolin had led the team from a precarious position.

Swansea had owners wth no money so the club was run based on cash flow and short term loans from banks.

The US people (you call Yanks ) cannot get their money back without returning to the Premier league unless they stay at the club long enough that inflation takes the value in the championship to above that in the PL in 2016. (This price might have been under book value).

They paid $82m. The 'get out price' is highly susceptible to currency changes. Their holding is probably now worth around $58m. They need a 41% rise either from general football inflation combined with Sterling strengthening post Brexit. Perhaps in 10 years this will be the case,

The idea the US people will leave is wishful thinking by you. They have invested in a convertible loan note and the owners claim it is an investment. It lasts up to 5 year and if they do not buy new shares they will give up 5% pa.

It is the Welsh Swansea City Supporters Trust that wants to leave when the parachute run out not the US people. They are so desperate to leave they are apparently willing to pay huge commission to their funders to organise a forced sale by legal means. Some how the leadership persuaded the members it was a good idea. I suspect they believed that the club would head int fiinancial chaos and fall down rhe leagues. It has not happened. They presented the vote as the "no other option " route.

The US people were happy to let Birch get on with the job. They now appear to be taking a greater hands on role. The Importation of two US internationals was well intended but they were not played a lot by Cooper and subsequently got injured. It worked for Barnsley where they brought in a young striker Dikes who has fired the goals to take them close to the play off positions.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:06 - Apr 9 with 834 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:03 - Apr 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Almost all your post is wrong again. A re hash of fake narratives regurgitated week after week. The US people have been about to do a 'quick flip' of the club for 5 years already. Levien has been at DC for over 8 years.

When they took over Swansea were not comfortable in the Premeir league. They may have been slightly misled by the win over Chelsea they saw which featured a heavily rotated team by Hiddink after a very strong run. Guidolin had led the team from a precarious position.

Swansea had owners wth no money so the club was run based on cash flow and short term loans from banks.

The US people (you call Yanks ) cannot get their money back without returning to the Premier league unless they stay at the club long enough that inflation takes the value in the championship to above that in the PL in 2016. (This price might have been under book value).

They paid $82m. The 'get out price' is highly susceptible to currency changes. Their holding is probably now worth around $58m. They need a 41% rise either from general football inflation combined with Sterling strengthening post Brexit. Perhaps in 10 years this will be the case,

The idea the US people will leave is wishful thinking by you. They have invested in a convertible loan note and the owners claim it is an investment. It lasts up to 5 year and if they do not buy new shares they will give up 5% pa.

It is the Welsh Swansea City Supporters Trust that wants to leave when the parachute run out not the US people. They are so desperate to leave they are apparently willing to pay huge commission to their funders to organise a forced sale by legal means. Some how the leadership persuaded the members it was a good idea. I suspect they believed that the club would head int fiinancial chaos and fall down rhe leagues. It has not happened. They presented the vote as the "no other option " route.

The US people were happy to let Birch get on with the job. They now appear to be taking a greater hands on role. The Importation of two US internationals was well intended but they were not played a lot by Cooper and subsequently got injured. It worked for Barnsley where they brought in a young striker Dikes who has fired the goals to take them close to the play off positions.

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:13 - Apr 9 with 828 viewsAndyCole

The shallow, meek Cooper-out-ists need to cast their fragile minds back to this juncture last season when they were spouting their usual bile after we lost at home to Luton and then drew away with Millwall.

These same fickle types then had the audacity of basking in the glory of our play-off achievement. Lauding Cooper's achievement, our style of play and the massive entertainment value.

And here we are again. The very same fickle folk shouting loudly and even popping in from next door to embolden the feeble sheeple. The types that are unseen or unheard of when we're winning. Yet always eager to trash, moan and belittle the Club's efforts and our cause.

Given how loudly these types shout, the voting stats are telling.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:44 - Apr 9 with 822 viewsFireboy2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:13 - Apr 9 by AndyCole

The shallow, meek Cooper-out-ists need to cast their fragile minds back to this juncture last season when they were spouting their usual bile after we lost at home to Luton and then drew away with Millwall.

These same fickle types then had the audacity of basking in the glory of our play-off achievement. Lauding Cooper's achievement, our style of play and the massive entertainment value.

And here we are again. The very same fickle folk shouting loudly and even popping in from next door to embolden the feeble sheeple. The types that are unseen or unheard of when we're winning. Yet always eager to trash, moan and belittle the Club's efforts and our cause.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:49 - Apr 9 with 818 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:13 - Apr 9 by AndyCole

How much are we winning by tomorrow Andy?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 00:25 - Apr 10 with 803 viewsFireboy2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:49 - Apr 9 by Chief

How much are we winning by tomorrow Andy?

It isn't Andy, its dwight, if you dont mind chiefy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024