Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? 20:54 - Apr 6 with 15930 viewsKeithHaynes

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:50 - Apr 10 with 1215 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 00:41 - Apr 10 by cockneyswan

The yanks couldn’t realistically do a “flip” because their total mismanagement, leaving Jenkins in charge and his catastrophic recruitments, culminating in Bob bradly as manager . There was always only one way we were heading.
I don’t actually hope that the yanks “do one” as in spite of their obvious lack of football know how as you say they want us back in the prem to be happy about cashing in, unfortunately they are still learning that you need to invest wisely to get promoted, which is why they failed to bring in the desperately needed quality striker.
The reason for the Trusts legal action as everyone knows, is that the previous owners excluded the Trust from the sale and this action was against the rules of the share holders. What do you expect the trust to do nothing? and see our club run into the ground and the shares becoming worthless? Legal action is the only way to get justice for the true supporters of Swansea City, it’s just a shame it didn’t happen first time round.

Fans were arguing they would flip the club on a regular basis a year or two ago just as you say today they will be off once the parachutes are over. Both wrong.

THe U S people including the new invetor have been running football clubs for at least a decade combined relatively sucessfully. They have 5 years in the PL and championship. The inclusion of two full US international could easily have worked out with some luck.

The Trust were not excluded from the sale. They were in discussions with the buyers and sellers around 4 months before the sale. They were more interested in increasing their holding than selling in line with their statements and made a derisory offer for 4% to increase their holding. The offer was £0. Why make an offer to buy if you want to sell? It does not make sense.

The Trust, like you, assumed the club was going to be "run into the ground" by the "Yank asset strippers". This is last year's bogus story. The last 3 seasns has seen season on season improvement despite reducing income. Swansea's rival are in much worse shape.
THe US owneership group has invested upto £10m to help the club in a crisis. Nothing from the £0% Welsh owners as far as I know.

The Trust shares are not worthless. To protect themselves they should have been enthusiastic sellers in 2015 and 2016. Instead they stated they were "not for sale" or "selling was not their preference".

"True supporters" would never sue their own club and the people that took the club from the waste ground of the Vetch and the out of the ownership of one dogey group to another. Their funds are already minus £150,000 and it can only get worse.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 1193 viewscockneyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:50 - Apr 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans were arguing they would flip the club on a regular basis a year or two ago just as you say today they will be off once the parachutes are over. Both wrong.

THe U S people including the new invetor have been running football clubs for at least a decade combined relatively sucessfully. They have 5 years in the PL and championship. The inclusion of two full US international could easily have worked out with some luck.

The Trust were not excluded from the sale. They were in discussions with the buyers and sellers around 4 months before the sale. They were more interested in increasing their holding than selling in line with their statements and made a derisory offer for 4% to increase their holding. The offer was £0. Why make an offer to buy if you want to sell? It does not make sense.

The Trust, like you, assumed the club was going to be "run into the ground" by the "Yank asset strippers". This is last year's bogus story. The last 3 seasns has seen season on season improvement despite reducing income. Swansea's rival are in much worse shape.
THe US owneership group has invested upto £10m to help the club in a crisis. Nothing from the £0% Welsh owners as far as I know.

The Trust shares are not worthless. To protect themselves they should have been enthusiastic sellers in 2015 and 2016. Instead they stated they were "not for sale" or "selling was not their preference".

"True supporters" would never sue their own club and the people that took the club from the waste ground of the Vetch and the out of the ownership of one dogey group to another. Their funds are already minus £150,000 and it can only get worse.

Bla bla bla, you’re getting boring Leigh, how’s the vending business?
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:27 - Apr 10 with 1175 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:50 - Apr 10 by ReslovenSwan1

- DC United have become far less successful since the owners took over there. Its been quite a drastic change in fortunes.
- The trust were actively excluded from the sale negotiations - the Americans are on film admitting it. The trust may have entered negotiations at a very late stage compared to the sellouts but there's no evidence they received the same offer as they'd had.
- An extra 4% would take the trust's holding to 25% and therefore possesses far more say in running the club than they currently do. Hence the change of viewpoint / strategy based on the circumstances that they found themselves in. Pragmatism. Of course there's also the shareholders agreement that the sellers failed to acknowledge which would have meant the trust being aware of the sale at an early stage.
- You are making an assumption on the trust's opinion there. I don't think they've ever publicly stated that.
- The Welsh owners were never given the chance to invest and receive a 5% dividend. There's also the matter of selling Rodon for a reduced price to that was meant to be due to the pandemic.
- No their shares aren't worthless, hence the potential hefty figure the trust could receive should legal action result in them selling them. They are enthusiastic sellers now, at a time when is convenient to them, which is their right. There was a different landscape in 2015.
- As far as I'm aware the football club is not being sued by anyone.
- A QC begs to differ about the trust's funds diminishing further.

Happy to correct those for key points for you mate

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:44 - Apr 10 with 1150 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:27 - Apr 10 by Chief

- DC United have become far less successful since the owners took over there. Its been quite a drastic change in fortunes.
- The trust were actively excluded from the sale negotiations - the Americans are on film admitting it. The trust may have entered negotiations at a very late stage compared to the sellouts but there's no evidence they received the same offer as they'd had.
- An extra 4% would take the trust's holding to 25% and therefore possesses far more say in running the club than they currently do. Hence the change of viewpoint / strategy based on the circumstances that they found themselves in. Pragmatism. Of course there's also the shareholders agreement that the sellers failed to acknowledge which would have meant the trust being aware of the sale at an early stage.
- You are making an assumption on the trust's opinion there. I don't think they've ever publicly stated that.
- The Welsh owners were never given the chance to invest and receive a 5% dividend. There's also the matter of selling Rodon for a reduced price to that was meant to be due to the pandemic.
- No their shares aren't worthless, hence the potential hefty figure the trust could receive should legal action result in them selling them. They are enthusiastic sellers now, at a time when is convenient to them, which is their right. There was a different landscape in 2015.
- As far as I'm aware the football club is not being sued by anyone.
- A QC begs to differ about the trust's funds diminishing further.

Happy to correct those for key points for you mate

You see you can do it. Argue enthusiastically without criticising me persioanlly .Bravo.

I am loathe to carry on this debate on here so as not to diviate the thread on he future of Cooper and Marsh. Today is their day and well done to them.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:45 - Apr 10 with 1156 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:44 - Apr 10 by ReslovenSwan1

You see you can do it. Argue enthusiastically without criticising me persioanlly .Bravo.

I am loathe to carry on this debate on here so as not to diviate the thread on he future of Cooper and Marsh. Today is their day and well done to them.

Glad you've taken my points on board

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:51 - Apr 10 with 1150 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 18:44 - Apr 10 by jack247

I didn’t think so. Milwall were well on top for the first 10 minutes, after that it was cagey, but I thought we were better than them.

Rowett even said he ‘didn’t think there was much in it’ in the first half, which is manager speak for us being the better team.

We certainly have been playing shite, even in games we won before the recent losing streak. Cardiff aside, we probably had a run of 7 or 8 games where the opposition were better than us. I quite agree it right and proper for fans to point that out. We played well today though.

The fact we pulled that 2nd half performance from somewhere makes me even more frustrated with how turgid we’ve been since Norwich

A good manager gets consistent performances - benefit of the doubt time I guess but we need to back it up midweek

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:05 - Apr 10 with 1139 viewsFireboy2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 19:51 - Apr 10 by PatchesOHoulihan

The fact we pulled that 2nd half performance from somewhere makes me even more frustrated with how turgid we’ve been since Norwich

A good manager gets consistent performances - benefit of the doubt time I guess but we need to back it up midweek

Spot on patches.

As I've said before 'one swallow certainly does not make a summer'

I surely do hope that we continue from the second half performance.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:23]
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:22 - Apr 10 with 1126 viewsjack247

Yeah I agree. We’ve been playing badly for far too long.

Still, we couldn’t have asked for much more today. As you say, need to back it up Tuesday.
Login to get fewer ads

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:31 - Apr 10 with 1058 viewsDr_Parnassus

Consistent enough to be 4th in mid April I suppose.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:40 - Apr 10 with 1044 viewsFireboy2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:31 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Consistent enough to be 4th in mid April I suppose.

You know what patches is getting at.

If we were 'consistent enough' we would be vying for first with naaaaaaawich and not scrambling for a play off place.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:45 - Apr 10 with 1032 viewsDr_Parnassus

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:40 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

You know what patches is getting at.

If we were 'consistent enough' we would be vying for first with naaaaaaawich and not scrambling for a play off place.

I disagree.

We have no business in the automatics, none at all. Expecting us to be consistent enough to be in the top 2 is setting unrealistic expectations.

Playoffs was a realistic upper limit of this season and we sit in 4th. We have been consistent enough to be on track to achieve the majority expectations.

Find me someone who stated they think we would get automatics prior to the season starting and I will show you a mad man.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:27 - Apr 10 with 1020 viewsFireboy2

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:45 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

I disagree.

We have no business in the automatics, none at all. Expecting us to be consistent enough to be in the top 2 is setting unrealistic expectations.

Playoffs was a realistic upper limit of this season and we sit in 4th. We have been consistent enough to be on track to achieve the majority expectations.

Find me someone who stated they think we would get automatics prior to the season starting and I will show you a mad man.

I repeat.

If we were 'consistent' we would have been up with naaaaaaawich

I agree before the seasons start we only dreamt of being in the play offs but my point is if we kept up the consistency that got us challenging the top 2 we would still be there with naaaaaaawich.

Now don't go rambling on and on and on and on please, you will obviously try and put a few paragraphs together to make your argument better than mine but don't waste your precious time and mine as I won't bother answering, I have my opinion and you ave yours, which obviously are different.

Have a look back at what I said in my first paragraph, it says I AGREE with you 😁👍
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:39 - Apr 10 with 1010 viewsDr_Parnassus

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:27 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

I repeat.

I agree before the seasons start we only dreamt of being in the play offs but my point is if we kept up the consistency that got us challenging the top 2 we would still be there with naaaaaaawich.

Now don't go rambling on and on and on and on please, you will obviously try and put a few paragraphs together to make your argument better than mine but don't waste your precious time and mine as I won't bother answering, I have my opinion and you ave yours, which obviously are different.

Have a look back at what I said in my first paragraph, it says I AGREE with you 😁👍

Well if we were consistent then we would be the best team in the world I guess.

What I said is we are consistent enough to be 4th in mid April

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 05:36 - Apr 11 with 944 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:27 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

I repeat.

To me being in the playoffs this season was the expectation, not the hope. Far from considering ourselves fortunate to be in them, it's the least we should have been looking to achieve.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:18 - Apr 11 with 948 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 05:36 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

To me being in the playoffs this season was the expectation, not the hope. Far from considering ourselves fortunate to be in them, it's the least we should have been looking to achieve.

Exactly. We’ve been handed the opportunity of automatic promotion, even the title on a plate but turned our noses up at it.

If we don’t get through the play offs and miss out on our last hope of refinancing this club next season will be very tough indeed. I wouldn’t say we’d get relegated but we will finish mid table and the rot will start setting in.

Then we’ll see just how super some of our self styled “super fans” are. My guess is that they’ll b*get off and start following some other team.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:38 - Apr 11 with 942 viewsjack247

I certainly didn’t expect it at the start of the season. There were conservatively at least 6 clubs better placed than us at that point.

Expectations change during the season though and at one point I genuinely thought we were going up. Playoffs seem a consolation prize in terms of where we were 10 games ago, but I’d have jumped at 6th in September.

Playoffs playing like we did yesterday seem a lot more appealing than playoffs playing like we had been recently.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:56 - Apr 11 with 940 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:38 - Apr 11 by jack247

I certainly didn’t expect it at the start of the season. There were conservatively at least 6 clubs better placed than us at that point.

Expectations change during the season though and at one point I genuinely thought we were going up. Playoffs seem a consolation prize in terms of where we were 10 games ago, but I’d have jumped at 6th in September.

Playoffs playing like we did yesterday seem a lot more appealing than playoffs playing like we had been recently.

The league in general is awful apart apart from Norwich who seem levels above. Watford saved their season with the manager change, fair play to them.

Brentford for me will take some stopping in play offs unfortunately.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 923 viewsFireboy2

Not for most of us Doc.

We lost several decent players like brewster vdh and gallagher, we replaced vdh with bennett which obviously turned out to be a good move but we didn't replace brewster with another striker.

I didn't think we would be relegation candidates but definitely didn't think we would be up there challenging in the play offs, you had the three coming down from the PL who didn't sell alot of their players plus the other regular strong championship teams who normally challenge.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:26 - Apr 11 with 921 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:56 - Apr 11 by 34dfgdf54

The league in general is awful apart apart from Norwich who seem levels above. Watford saved their season with the manager change, fair play to them.

The championship is the same standard it has been for the last three years. Teams come down from the PL with decent squads they can't afford. You either take a gamble, try to keep your best players and hope you go straight back up. The other option is to try and get rid of you high earners.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 09:34 - Apr 11 with 874 viewsDr_Winston

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:25 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Not for most of us Doc.

We lost several decent players like brewster vdh and gallagher, we replaced vdh with bennett which obviously turned out to be a good move but we didn't replace brewster with another striker.

I didn't think we would be relegation candidates but definitely didn't think we would be up there challenging in the play offs, you had the three coming down from the PL who didn't sell alot of their players plus the other regular strong championship teams who normally challenge.

We'd got there the season before and despite the sale of Rodon had used that cash to add a squad depth that we didn't have in the previous campaign. The autos were probably still out of our reach but to think we couldn't at least challenge for the playoffs again would have been unnecessarily pessimistic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 09:39 - Apr 11 with 880 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:45 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

I disagree.

Oh ye we have.Why the negativity.Little old Swansea again syndrome.
We were well set for an automatic spot and Cooper clearly responsible for screwing it.Thi is our best chance to get back up .We fail and failure it is

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 867 viewsjack247

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 07:56 - Apr 11 by 34dfgdf54

Their form hasn’t been much better than ours lately, not sure about their performances. I think they had won 1 out of 6 before yesterday. If they hit form though, they are excellent.

Bournemouth worry me, although we scraped a draw at home, they annihilated us twice. I wouldn’t want them over 2 legs.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:25 - Apr 11 with 858 viewsonehunglow

It is clearly a lottery.
Bournemouth were dipping now seemingly recovered.
Brentford,apparently ,were fantastic yesterday
We were much better after falling down the side of the cliff.
Barnsley have the momentum.

I simply cannot be confident with Steve leading us into another play off.

We can but hope.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:31 - Apr 11 with 858 viewsjack247

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:25 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

It is clearly a lottery.
Bournemouth were dipping now seemingly recovered.
Brentford,apparently ,were fantastic yesterday
We were much better after falling down the side of the cliff.
Barnsley have the momentum.

I simply cannot be confident with Steve leading us into another play off.

We can but hope.

To be honest, I’m only judging them on the games against us. Bournemouth have spanked us twice, seem to match up well against us. Brentford battered us at home, we should have won at their place.

Some of these games are a while ago, so maybe shouldn’t be used as a yardstick.

Fact is we’re going to have to beat two of them if we’re to win the playoffs. Tough ask however that works out, but I’d personally rather avoid Bournemouth then Brentford. Take our chances on Reading and Barnsley.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 853 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:31 - Apr 11 by jack247

To be honest, I’m only judging them on the games against us. Bournemouth have spanked us twice, seem to match up well against us. Brentford battered us at home, we should have won at their place.

Some of these games are a while ago, so maybe shouldn’t be used as a yardstick.

Fact is we’re going to have to beat two of them if we’re to win the playoffs. Tough ask however that works out, but I’d personally rather avoid Bournemouth then Brentford. Take our chances on Reading and Barnsley.

I'd agree with that.
Brentford and Bournmeouth have power up front,whilst the other rely on had work and organisation.

I don't like Brentford and not keen on bournemouth either . I really don't mind Norwich a they are a good club superbly run,an object lesson for all clubs our size. We can only dream of a Delia.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024