Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? 20:54 - Apr 6 with 15963 viewsKeithHaynes

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:55 - Apr 6 with 4306 viewsKeithHaynes

Everybody’s got an opinion, so come on let’s do a proper poll with everyone answering.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:15 - Apr 6 with 4222 viewsbuilthjack

They won't sack them. That would cost money.
If we don't go up they will be hoping someone's comes in for Cooper.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:26 - Apr 6 with 4216 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:15 - Apr 6 by builthjack

They won't sack them. That would cost money.
If we don't go up they will be hoping someone's comes in for Cooper.

Cooper was asking for a bumper new deal.

The non offer of a contract and a preference to monitor performances in the forthcoming 21-22 season (his last) will see the manager move on himself and allow for a compensatory payment. The manager cannot aford to "take it easy" as his career would be at risk. This is not one of the voting options.

Of course he could turn around the club and earn a new deal after 21-22.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2021 21:26]

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:44 - Apr 6 with 4197 viewsNotLoyal

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:26 - Apr 6 by ReslovenSwan1

The non offer of a contract and a preference to monitor performances in the forthcoming 21-22 season (his last) will see the manager move on himself and allow for a compensatory payment. The manager cannot aford to "take it easy" as his career would be at risk. This is not one of the voting options.

It's about what you want though. Not him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:58 - Apr 6 with 4184 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:26 - Apr 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It was the Americans that first spoke of an improved contract for Cooper mind.

Do you think that was a good idea of them to do that publicly?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:58 - Apr 6 with 4182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Give a new Manager a few games with the current squad to make decisions during the transfer period.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:31 - Apr 6 with 4088 viewsReslovenSwan1

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:58 - Apr 6 by Chief

I do not think he should be offered a new contract. I do not think he should be sacked. He needs to prove he has made progress in his third season. A new deal would be offered in April 2022 if at all.

If there is evidence of a non cooperation with the scouting people and the sports scientists then it is better the club parts ways this summer. The treatment of Freeman, Arriola Petersen is a concern.

The US people appear to hve given him a bonus of some sort to ward off other clubs. However since then performances have slipped alarmingly. This drop off was predicted by some but was not certainto happen. It was a reasonable action but in hindsight perhaps a mistake. I persoanly believe the club will not make the play offs and there is nothing Cooper can do to stop the rot.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:49 - Apr 6 with 4090 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 21:58 - Apr 6 by Chief

Again, they were asked a question.

They weren’t exactly going to say anything different. Also gives clubs who may be interested in him no bargaining position when it comes to compo. Although I can’t see that now anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:46 - Apr 6 with 4058 viewsAndyCole

Of course they should be kept on.

We need to set-up with our strongest 11 in our winning formation, with CH given a more advanced role. Against Norwich that team and formation delivered 4x times as many shots on target as the most outstanding team in this division, and we won 2-0.

The players need to rediscover that same form and deliver.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 02:07 - Apr 7 with 4020 viewsNotLoyal

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 23:46 - Apr 6 by AndyCole

Of course they should be kept on.

We need to set-up with our strongest 11 in our winning formation, with CH given a more advanced role. Against Norwich that team and formation delivered 4x times as many shots on target as the most outstanding team in this division, and we won 2-0.

The players need to rediscover that same form and deliver.

Totally agree, it's not a fashionable answer, but he's proven already he can deliver.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 06:57 - Apr 7 with 3983 viewsChief

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 22:49 - Apr 6 by 34dfgdf54

Again, they were asked a question.

They weren’t exactly going to say anything different. Also gives clubs who may be interested in him no bargaining position when it comes to compo. Although I can’t see that now anyway.

And they answered it announcing to the public that they planned giving him an improved contract. As even the most ardent Americano Resolven just admitted in hindsight that appears to be a mistake.

They could have gone down any route they'd wanted in their answer.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:07 - Apr 7 with 3946 viewsThornburyswan

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 20:55 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

Everybody’s got an opinion, so come on let’s do a proper poll with everyone answering.

Too late now for this season so see out the last 7 games & then exit for Cooper & his team plus let loanees return to their clubs & out of contract players exit (Ayew, Nauts, Routs & Freeman I think).

Will mean significant change within the squad so risk of instigating a relegation battle but for me cannot go on with the current approach.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:07 - Apr 7 with 3947 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 02:07 - Apr 7 by NotLoyal

Totally agree, it's not a fashionable answer, but he's proven already he can deliver.

It's a weird one with Hourihane, he's probably are our most likely source of goals but how do we accommodate him?

Villa fans when we signed him said he is in no way a "10", so what is he? Surely he hasn't got the legs to play as a standard midfield player? In the play off final for Villa he played in a 433 alongside Mcginn and Grealish, I was fully expecting him to perform better with the change of formation but I hardly remember him touching the ball (he wasn't the only one either mind)
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:24 - Apr 7 with 3877 viewsDr_Winston

Whilst we're still in playoff contention he probably needs to stay. Come the end of the campaign if (as seems highly likely) we fail to win promotion he needs to go.

There's no way he'll last long sending the team out to play the way he does with fans back in the stadium, so better to get it done quickly and give the new guy time to settle in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:28 - Apr 7 with 3928 viewsQJumpingJack

After we were relegated in 2018, Leon claimed that it would take 4 seasons before the Swans would be ready for the Premier League.
If we finish in the play-offs twice (and don't go up in May) then he should be given a third season.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:55 - Apr 7 with 3906 viewsblackpooljack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:28 - Apr 7 by QJumpingJack

After we were relegated in 2018, Leon claimed that it would take 4 seasons before the Swans would be ready for the Premier League.
If we finish in the play-offs twice (and don't go up in May) then he should be given a third season.

If he stays next season and we continue with this anti-football hoofball shìte then we'll be down by christmas...Cooper out.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 8:56]
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 09:53 - Apr 7 with 3825 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:55 - Apr 7 by blackpooljack

If he stays next season and we continue with this anti-football hoofball shìte then we'll be down by christmas...Cooper out.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 8:56]

If he stays until next week,it will get no better.
Get that into your heads folks.
It is never going to get any beter under steve.
The evidence is right in front of you NOW

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:13 - Apr 7 with 3829 viewsKeithHaynes

On the face if it, if he gets the swans in to the play offs two seasons in a row he should get a new contract. It’s hard to understand why he shouldn’t. Is this reaction to sacking him really based on the last ten games ?

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:30 - Apr 7 with 3795 viewsonehunglow

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:13 - Apr 7 by KeithHaynes

On the face if it, if he gets the swans in to the play offs two seasons in a row he should get a new contract. It’s hard to understand why he shouldn’t. Is this reaction to sacking him really based on the last ten games ?

Possibly for some but not me Keith.
There is something about this guy that grates on me.I look at him and my thoughts are not pleasant but I prefer to keep them to myself.

The last ten games? Nah and there is more pain to come. Question is how much longer pain before he goes. Our club is that which will suffer and suffer it will. Our reputation as a decent club playing good football has been destroyed .

Look at the players and in particular at the captain and really look into their eyes and body language.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 10:47 - Apr 7 with 3745 viewsDr_Winston

I think it's based more on the fact that over the two years he's been manager we've generally been less fun to watch than a Mrs. Brown's Boys box set.

We were tremendously fortunate to make the playoffs last year, and most will admit a significant number of the wins we've picked up this year owed a fair bit to the rub of the green going our way.

The last ten games seem to be the culmination of the path he's set us on in much the same way as Monk's last few months did for him. It's hard to see things improving in the next twelve months if he sticks around. Better to make a clean break.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 10:48]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 11:03 - Apr 7 with 3787 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 06:57 - Apr 7 by Chief

And they answered it announcing to the public that they planned giving him an improved contract. As even the most ardent Americano Resolven just admitted in hindsight that appears to be a mistake.

They could have gone down any route they'd wanted in their answer.

But haven't offered anything. To my knowledge anyway?

They went down a route which keeps potential suitors honest.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 11:51 - Apr 7 with 3744 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No, I suggest you take a really good look at this chart for the last 3 years.

He and circumstances have undone the good work Potter did before he left.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 11:59 - Apr 7 with 3738 views34dfgdf54

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 11:51 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

No, I suggest you take a really good look at this chart for the last 3 years.

He and circumstances have undone the good work Potter did before he left.

Spot on.

We have had an incredible amount of luck, we can't carry this on for another season, it could become catastrophic.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 11:59]
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 12:06 - Apr 7 with 3694 viewsFireboy2

The board need to be proactive rather than reactive, they need to get rid of cooper at the end of the season at least, if not we will struggle next season, the rot has set in and it isnt going to get better.

The parachute payments gone, ayews wages will not be spent on new players, cooper will rely on loan youngsters, we will be fighting to stay up if we keep cooper so its imperative that we get rid of cooper and get a manager be him old or young that wants to play football.
What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 12:37 - Apr 7 with 3697 viewspencoedjack

What should happen to Cooper and Marsh ? on 08:24 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Whilst we're still in playoff contention he probably needs to stay. Come the end of the campaign if (as seems highly likely) we fail to win promotion he needs to go.

There's no way he'll last long sending the team out to play the way he does with fans back in the stadium, so better to get it done quickly and give the new guy time to settle in.

I agree with this.

Not sure how much truth was in the England under 21 manager's job rumour but the ideal solution would be he took that so we don't have to pay compensation (which we don't have)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024