Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread THE FINAL SAY 02:20 - Apr 7 with 13944 viewsNotLoyal

The swans are on a run of four defeats, no goals and seemingly have lost all confidence in themselves and how to deliver goals and points. Millwall are on a healthy run of form.

Nailed on home win then eh ?

EFL Championship
Saturday 10th April 2021
The New Den
Kick off 12.30pm or maybe it’s 1pm

Match Officials
ROBERT JONES
Darren Cann and Simon Beck
Fourth Official : Craig Hicks

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

The swans are entering record breaking territory for all the wrong reasons.
Here we go ...

Longest losing streak (League): 9 matches, 26 January 1991 to 19 March 1991
Longest non-scoring run (League): 6 matches, 6 February 1996 to 24 February 1996

Who would have thought it, it’s strange how we all take things for granted when they are going well, and even stranger the people who were being hailed as the new dawn in Swansea City’s recent history are two months later being shouted down - and are very persona non grata.

Millwall on the other hand have won their last three games.

So what’s going on ?
Well, it’s like this. When you don’t score goals you draw games, when you don’t score goals and let them in you lose games. When you aren’t good enough to create chances to score goals and the other team does you lose games. If you are both shite, you draw games, but as we have seen you also lose games. This isn’t a conundrum, it’s what happens when your luck runs out, your heads are down and you feel sorry for yourself. Then you look at your bank balance, shrug your shoulders and play on your Xbox or PlayStation. It’s a great life being a loser.

A look back in anger

That’s a decent side.

Let’s go back to 2007 and Millwall v Swansea at the New Den. I chose this hame as I thought Kevin Austin was superb playing in this game. As we know he died of pancreatic cancer in 2018. Solid as a rock. Very dodgy penalty awarded against the swans, but still got the point.

Report - Roberto Martinez’s Swans extended their unbeaten run to eight games thanks to an influential performance from Paul Anderson. The on-loan Liverpool winger created the opening goal when his shot was parried into the path of Jason Scotland and the striker steered home. Millwall, under the guidance of new boss Jackett, responded through Zak Whitbread, and they went ahead 20 minutes from time thanks to Alan Dunne’s penalty. But Anderson had the final word, combining with Scotland to make it 2-2 on 78 minutes. The goal is credited to Darryl Duffy.

This game is LIVE on SKY and the club stronghold of Wales goes to Swansea City.
Just in case the 5-0 filth down the road are getting out of hand

Can the swans make it five matches without a goal ? 10th Apr 2021 08:00
An early kick off again in front of the SKY camera at the new den awaits Steve Cooper and his Swansea City side which hasn’t seen them score a goal since god invented grass. It’s a worrying time for Cooper whose popularity has fallen not only over these four games, but in the past two months of very sad, mouse running on a wheel, dour football. 0

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, Alex Pearce (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Mason Bennett, Dan McNamara, Billy Mitchell, George Evans.

Substitutes: Frank Fielding, Mahlon Romeo, Shaun Williams, Shane Ferguson, Connor Mahoney, Ryan Woods, Kanneth Zohore, Tom Bradshaw, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Korey Smith, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Jake Bidwell, Ollie Cooper. Ben Cabango.

Swansea City hammer Millwall at the New Den 10th Apr 2021 14:54
It was such an improvement on recent times, so much better and easier on the eye, and it’s a signal of how much confidence plays such a key role in elite sport competition. As a club the swans have taken a lot of criticism of late, and with that criticism comes so many plaudits when it goes well. And today that’s the deal. 0

Nice one Jacks that’s more like it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Apr 7 with 3917 viewsonehunglow

There's my Saturday coffee,croissants and blueberry conserve ruined then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 3935 viewsGeoffThom

Simple win and a quiet day on the boards
Lose and look out cooper be in for the hi jump
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:34 - Apr 7 with 3902 viewsThornburyswan

They’ve won 4 of last 5 & will believe they can catch us if they repeat that over the next 5 - we on the other hand can finish their season.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:43 - Apr 7 with 3888 viewssplJack

I think we'll get a battling point to stop the rot - 1-1.

Then we start our charge to the play off final.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:40 - Apr 7 with 3804 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:43 - Apr 7 by splJack

I think we'll get a battling point to stop the rot - 1-1.

Then we start our charge to the play off final.

Hope you are right.
With a bit of luck we could hit a bit of form going into the play offs
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 3791 viewsshingle

If they do not score we can get a point out of this game.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Apr 7 with 3753 viewsBadlands

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:15 - Apr 7 by GeoffThom

Simple win and a quiet day on the boards
Lose and look out cooper be in for the hi jump

Has to be a performance beyond aimless hoofing and a bit of luck.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Apr 7 with 3709 viewsFlashberryjack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Apr 7 by shingle

If they do not score we can get a point out of this game.

A nil nil draw is the best we can hope for....sadly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 7 with 3685 viewsonehunglow

Best to avoid the pre match Steve interview

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Apr 7 with 3651 viewsAndyCole

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Apr 7 by onehunglow

There's my Saturday coffee,croissants and blueberry conserve ruined then

Lol. No porridge avec cinnamon on le weekend mwsh ?

Simply play our best 11 in our proven winning formula (carbon copy of our Norwich 2-0 win, 4x shots on target).

Time for the players to draw upon all the top drawer coaching, rediscover their form, put in the hardest of yards ever, sweat blood and repay some of us loyal, faithful fans for rationally sticking with. As ever.

Swans to win 3-1.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:16 - Apr 8 with 3535 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Apr 7 by AndyCole

Simply play our best 11 in our proven winning formula (carbon copy of our Norwich 2-0 win, 4x shots on target).

Time for the players to draw upon all the top drawer coaching, rediscover their form, put in the hardest of yards ever, sweat blood and repay some of us loyal, faithful fans for rationally sticking with. As ever.

Swans to win 3-1.

I'm banned from watching it AC.missus has given me a red card and banned me from watching two games.I appealed and she allowed me watch and pay for Preston.

Still got to it out the meelwall game.

I 'll pray for you.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:23 - Apr 8 with 3562 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:10 - Apr 7 by AndyCole

Swans to win 3-1.

That's the way let's stay positive.
Too many people want to throw the towel in.Never give up!
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:39 - Apr 8 with 3525 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:23 - Apr 8 by Nortbankboy

Don't mention towels.

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Apr 8 with 3469 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:23 - Apr 8 by Nortbankboy

Have you said the same to the players ? mine and other posters opinions aren't going to make a blind bit of difference .Their efforts will

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:31 - Apr 8 with 3426 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:35 - Apr 8 by Boundy

Have you said the same to the players ? mine and other posters opinions aren't going to make a blind bit of difference .Their efforts will

Thought northy WAS a player. I know Lifey Roger hates my guts and would disagree on anything I posted but I didnt think northy was so close.

There is no reason at all for any fan to offer their unfettered love for Cooper.

None at all

Next up.Millwall.A filthy club but a proud one and one which probably wouldn't have put up with Cooper at all

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Apr 8 with 3374 viewsOldjack

Well we've gone from being a top six team to a bottom three team in a few months , that's no mean achievement ,can it be reversed,naaaaaaaaa ,he's lost the plot big time , 3-0

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 8 with 3286 viewspencoedjack

Can’t see anything other than a Millwall win.

Wishing I could not watch it as I know it’s going to spoil my Saturday.
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Apr 8 with 3285 views34dfgdf54

1-1

Ayew off corner
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:39 - Apr 8 with 3251 viewsNotLoyal

1-0 Millwall whilst abbandonthetomato continues to lick Anus slowly from behind.

SCUM.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:02 - Apr 9 with 3155 viewsmonmouth

Well I’m going to join Lifey in the blind optimism camp. If we have to watch such awful tripe then might as well hope for a win. 1-2

Two efforts on target
Cabango two headers. One from a corner one from a free kick.

If he doesn’t pick Cabango 4-0 Millwall.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Apr 9 with 3120 viewsBoundy

I don't think we'll lose , probably not win but an improved performance and 1-1 .

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:17 - Apr 9 with 3050 viewsNortbankboy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Apr 9 by Boundy

I don't think we'll lose , probably not win but an improved performance and 1-1 .

I'd be happy with a point to stop the losing run
Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:33 - Apr 9 with 3022 viewsFlashberryjack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Apr 9 by Boundy

I just can't see where our next goal is coming from, own goal or penalty, maybe

Hello

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:47 - Apr 9 with 3017 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:33 - Apr 9 by Flashberryjack

I just can't see where our next goal is coming from, own goal or penalty, maybe

Well we're due one

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Apr 9 with 2993 viewsFlashberryjack

Millwall v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 13:47 - Apr 9 by Boundy

Well we're due one

We're certainly due a goal of any sort, maybe the players will be more relaxed now they've switched off their social media activities for a week.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024