Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oil Cooper 11:38 - Apr 10 with 3508 viewshuwrichards57

Is surely a better option than Routledge ffs?
Oil Cooper on 11:40 - Apr 10 with 2519 viewsKeithHaynes

Yup.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oil Cooper on 11:40 - Apr 10 with 2518 viewsCatullus

He's surely worth a try, at least he'll last longer than 30 mins, which is no slight on Routledge but he is 36 now, hardly a spring chicken.

Shouldn't we be giving youth a chance? Coopers credentials stack up favourably with younger players.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Oil Cooper on 11:41 - Apr 10 with 2515 viewsbuilthjack

I am not sure what Cooper sees in training, but he makes some odd decisions.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Oil Cooper on 11:45 - Apr 10 with 2498 viewsbuilthjack

Oil is a slick player though

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Oil Cooper on 11:56 - Apr 10 with 2471 viewsCatullus

Oil Cooper on 11:45 - Apr 10 by builthjack

Oli may not be up to it but I believe he'll try, he'll put the effort in which is more than some of them seem to be doing.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Oil Cooper on 11:59 - Apr 10 with 2453 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Oil Cooper on 11:45 - Apr 10 by builthjack

His tackling can be a bit crude at times.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Oil Cooper on 12:01 - Apr 10 with 2461 viewsNortbankboy

Oil Cooper on 11:56 - Apr 10 by Catullus

Oli may not be up to it but I believe he'll try, he'll put the effort in which is more than some of them seem to be doing.

I've never seem him play.what sort of player is he?
Oil Cooper on 12:11 - Apr 10 with 2437 viewsjasper_T

Oil Cooper on 12:01 - Apr 10 by Nortbankboy

I've never seem him play.what sort of player is he?

Sharp attacking midfielder, on the small side but gets stuck in. Good finisher and moves well with the ball. Quick but not seriously pacey. Probably best as a 10 but played most of his u23s football in wider positions up alongside the striker.

Tore Guehi to shreds in a game a few years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Oil Cooper on 12:15 - Apr 10 with 2427 viewsCatullus

Oil Cooper on 12:11 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Sharp attacking midfielder, on the small side but gets stuck in. Good finisher and moves well with the ball. Quick but not seriously pacey. Probably best as a 10 but played most of his u23s football in wider positions up alongside the striker.

Tore Guehi to shreds in a game a few years ago.

The way things have been, and maybe it's a bit desperate but I'd put Lowe and Ayew wide and play Oli in behind Whittaker!

If Whittaker gets a decent chance I believe he can finish.

Oil Cooper on 12:21 - Apr 10 with 2410 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge should have been thanked for his service and released at the end of last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oil Cooper on 12:23 - Apr 10 with 2405 viewsbuilthjack

Oil Cooper on 11:59 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

His tackling can be a bit crude at times.

He will be fine when he comes out of his Shell

Oil Cooper on 12:23 - Apr 10 with 2386 viewsonehunglow

Yep.This is where we are a Routledge at 36

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oil Cooper on 13:45 - Apr 10 with 2361 viewsLuther27

Routledge is doing well at the moment
Oil Cooper on 13:54 - Apr 10 with 2357 viewsangryjack

Oil Cooper on 13:45 - Apr 10 by Luther27

Routledge is doing well at the moment

Good player no coincidence we playing better with hi up top..brings a calmness can hold the ball and bring players in...
Oil Cooper on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 2320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oil Cooper on 13:54 - Apr 10 by angryjack

Good player no coincidence we playing better with hi up top..brings a calmness can hold the ball and bring players in...

This in spades.

He still oozes experience and class and very much a calming influence on the game. Just a shame he’s 36 and is probably very limited in terms of how often and how long he can perform like that for.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oil Cooper on 14:25 - Apr 10 with 2323 viewsNortbankboy

Oil Cooper on 14:21 - Apr 10 by Dr_Parnassus

This in spades.

He still oozes experience and class and very much a calming influence on the game. Just a shame he’s 36 and is probably very limited in terms of how often and how long he can perform like that for.

Cooper done feck all when he came on!
Oil Cooper on 14:38 - Apr 10 with 2296 viewsdantheswansman

The dumbness of some posters on here never fails to amaze me
Oil Cooper on 14:46 - Apr 10 with 2272 viewsjack247

Anyone want to revise their pre match opinion?

Ayew and Lowe looked much better with Routledge in between them. We didn’t miss Roberts, which surprised me.
Oil Cooper on 14:55 - Apr 10 with 2248 viewsGriffting

Oil Cooper on 14:46 - Apr 10 by jack247

Ayew and Lowe looked much better with Routledge in between them. We didn’t miss Roberts, which surprised me.

Naughton is the better all round fullback for me at the moment with Robert’s the best option at wing back. Robert’s has shown good quality in that wing back role but struggles a bit in a back four.

When we want to play a 4 I wouldn’t be mad at seeing Robert’s right midfield sometimes as he’s got good attacking threat.

Oh and that routs performance was just what the doctor ordered. Calm and experience.
Oil Cooper on 15:02 - Apr 10 with 2226 viewsmonmouth

Routs was absolute class today. A genuine Swansea hero that boy. 10 seasons and a massive contribution to anything that was good. Him and Dyer were just as key as Michu and De Guz in Laudrups success.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Oil Cooper on 15:05 - Apr 10 with 2220 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 14:55 - Apr 10 by Griffting

Naughton is the better all round fullback for me at the moment with Robert’s the best option at wing back. Robert’s has shown good quality in that wing back role but struggles a bit in a back four.

When we want to play a 4 I wouldn’t be mad at seeing Robert’s right midfield sometimes as he’s got good attacking threat.

Oh and that routs performance was just what the doctor ordered. Calm and experience.

Fair comments.

Roberts definitely one of our best players in a 532. Probably not much in it as an orthodox fullback.

I thought Routledge was superb today, but he couldn’t have done it if the midfield had been dominated like they have recently. Credit to the 3 of them, I though Fulton had a great game.
Oil Cooper on 15:08 - Apr 10 with 2211 viewsjasper_T

Oil Cooper on 15:05 - Apr 10 by jack247

Fair comments.

Roberts definitely one of our best players in a 532. Probably not much in it as an orthodox fullback.

I thought Routledge was superb today, but he couldn’t have done it if the midfield had been dominated like they have recently. Credit to the 3 of them, I though Fulton had a great game.

We had the same old problem through the first half of the outside midfielders pushing high and wide so early that Grimes had neither of them to hit, which made Routledge's role more important in getting us up the pitch.

For me Hourihane was anonymous the first 45, and Fulton huffed and puffed without affecting things. Not unusually the injury time goal changed a lot of people's memory of how we'd been playing.
Oil Cooper on 15:13 - Apr 10 with 2204 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 15:08 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

We had the same old problem through the first half of the outside midfielders pushing high and wide so early that Grimes had neither of them to hit, which made Routledge's role more important in getting us up the pitch.

For me Hourihane was anonymous the first 45, and Fulton huffed and puffed without affecting things. Not unusually the injury time goal changed a lot of people's memory of how we'd been playing.

Not as much as the second half did
Oil Cooper on 15:49 - Apr 10 with 2157 viewsCatullus

Oil Cooper on 14:46 - Apr 10 by jack247

I'm happy to revise, Routs turned out to be a master stroke BUT he isn't a long term answer. He's 36 so how much longer can we rely on him?

His control and passing, his intelligence, he was the trigger for a good all around performance.

Oil Cooper on 16:40 - Apr 10 with 2109 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Oil Cooper on 15:49 - Apr 10 by Catullus

I'm happy to revise, Routs turned out to be a master stroke BUT he isn't a long term answer. He's 36 so how much longer can we rely on him?

His control and passing, his intelligence, he was the trigger for a good all around performance.

We weren’t looking for a long term answer today, or last week, or the last month
Didn’t think he had it in him and unsure if he’ll be able to have same impact Tuesday but as for today it was great selection and performance - second half at least

Looking forward to see what Oli is capable of when his proper chance comes
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 16:41]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024