Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Butetown's Mona Lisa 18:38 - Apr 13 with 828 viewsbritferry

Big piece on it on tonights BBC Wales... FFS give me strength...
Do they ever go outside Cardiff for a story???
Do they think Wales gives a shite about this?
When did they change their shirts to blue?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 18:47 - Apr 13 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Diversity innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 762 viewsCatullus

She's quite a pretty woman but Mona Lisa.....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 20:35 - Apr 13 with 738 viewspencoedjack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 20:06 - Apr 13 by Catullus

Let them report about some shite mural on a wall knowing it’s a fact they have a substandard football team to their illustrious neighbours.

It eats away at them believe me 👍
Butetown's Mona Lisa on 21:09 - Apr 13 with 701 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 20:06 - Apr 13 by Catullus

She’s probably better than what they’ve got on the pitch most games

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:00 - Apr 13 with 646 viewsLittleEnglandJack

They say life imitates art but a pregnant black woman wearing a Cardiff city shirt is something that I really do struggle to envisage making that leap.

I have a friend from Cardiff who used to go along to to the occasional CCFC game as a casual fan with his mates ~10 years ago. He tells me where he sat in the Canton end it wasn't at all uncommon to hear proper, full throated bigotry and racial slurs being hurled from the stands even then, long after that sort of thing had rightly more or less vanished from most football grounds. The story goes that one particularly lovely fellow was having a grand old time screaming the n-word at several opposition players when he clocked that my mate's mate was mixed race. "Sorry" he said. "I don't mean you". He then carried on regardless!

They're a backwards club, that play backwards football, with backwards fans. The whole thing is a match made in heaven.
Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:13 - Apr 13 with 639 viewsVincent_Vega

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:00 - Apr 13 by LittleEnglandJack

They say life imitates art but a pregnant black woman wearing a Cardiff city shirt is something that I really do struggle to envisage making that leap.

I have a friend from Cardiff who used to go along to to the occasional CCFC game as a casual fan with his mates ~10 years ago. He tells me where he sat in the Canton end it wasn't at all uncommon to hear proper, full throated bigotry and racial slurs being hurled from the stands even then, long after that sort of thing had rightly more or less vanished from most football grounds. The story goes that one particularly lovely fellow was having a grand old time screaming the n-word at several opposition players when he clocked that my mate's mate was mixed race. "Sorry" he said. "I don't mean you". He then carried on regardless!

They're a backwards club, that play backwards football, with backwards fans. The whole thing is a match made in heaven.

It’s not my taste but then again it’s not my wall so up to them I suppose. We’ve all heard distasteful racism at the terraces over the years and thankfully I very rarely hear it at our club anymore thankfully (obviously before the bug).

On a slightly different note I would love to see a Swans themed mural. I watched the Sunderland documentary and saw the mural of I think Raich Carter and thought ‘imagine a trundle one of his goal celebration in the ldv final or Curtis’ famous Leeds goal or a mash of Michu, Ivor and Leighton James?’ That would something.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 06:49 - Apr 14 with 562 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:13 - Apr 13 by Vincent_Vega

It’s not my taste but then again it’s not my wall so up to them I suppose. We’ve all heard distasteful racism at the terraces over the years and thankfully I very rarely hear it at our club anymore thankfully (obviously before the bug).

On a slightly different note I would love to see a Swans themed mural. I watched the Sunderland documentary and saw the mural of I think Raich Carter and thought ‘imagine a trundle one of his goal celebration in the ldv final or Curtis’ famous Leeds goal or a mash of Michu, Ivor and Leighton James?’ That would something.

Now there’s a thought. How about on the bridges and the viaduct (bot between and inside the arches )? Would brighten these spaces up and add a real touch of nostalgia

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 06:50 - Apr 14 with 557 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:00 - Apr 13 by LittleEnglandJack

And they love to project that onto us! Well well well - another shocking myth to suit another untrue slur and narrative

Login to get fewer ads

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:06 - Apr 14 with 521 viewsbuilthjack

She shouldnt travel, being pregnant.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:14 - Apr 14 with 517 viewsCatullus

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:06 - Apr 14 by builthjack

She shouldnt travel, being pregnant.

Travel? What are you on about? This mural isn't going anywhere, unless the house falls down!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:24 - Apr 14 with 512 viewsbuilthjack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:14 - Apr 14 by Catullus

Travel? What are you on about? This mural isn't going anywhere, unless the house falls down!

Umm, I was having a pop at the Travel Malaysia shirt

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 490 viewsonehunglow

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 10:14 - Apr 14 by Catullus

The only Muriel worthy of debate was that of Hilda Ogden

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 14:32 - Apr 14 with 451 viewsBoundy

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 11:57 - Apr 14 by onehunglow

The only Muriel worthy of debate was that of Hilda Ogden

Ah yes 1974 was a wonderful year .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 15:03 - Apr 14 with 443 viewsonehunglow

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 14:32 - Apr 14 by Boundy

Killy remembers it well. We recall stuck on 1974

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 16:46 - Apr 14 with 431 viewsKeithHaynes

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 14:32 - Apr 14 by Boundy

I had a Zaire shirt.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 17:11 - Apr 14 with 426 viewsbuilthjack

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 16:46 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

I had a Zaire shirt.

The big 9

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 18:41 - Apr 15 with 355 viewsNortbankboy

Butetown's Mona Lisa on 23:13 - Apr 13 by Vincent_Vega

Yes it would be nice to a mural celebrating our league cup win in the city centre.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024