Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senedd drinking 19:43 - Apr 16 with 1855 viewsBoundy

Pretty disgraceful if it goes ahead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56773266

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Senedd drinking on 20:17 - Apr 16 with 1393 viewsmax936

Fing typical though init, the minions are always the ones to suffer, look at what BG have done and that BG fat cat saying that Covid has more all less done them a favour, despicable individual. If anyone deserves to fall on hard times, its him and his sorts.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Senedd drinking on 11:53 - Apr 17 with 1298 viewsCatullus

If this happens then those four MS should all be suspended and face an investigation too. They are part of the rule making process and should be held accountable. They told other people they couldn't drink then drank themselves. I hink I said at the time, all 4 of these politicians should be sacked, those who set the rules then ignore the rules deserve greater punishment in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Senedd drinking on 12:07 - Apr 17 with 1282 viewsKeithHaynes

Senedd drinking on 11:53 - Apr 17 by Catullus

If this happens then those four MS should all be suspended and face an investigation too. They are part of the rule making process and should be held accountable. They told other people they couldn't drink then drank themselves. I hink I said at the time, all 4 of these politicians should be sacked, those who set the rules then ignore the rules deserve greater punishment in my opinion.

My point the other day, and yes, I agree, but it’s one law for them.
And I don’t think it’s ours.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Senedd drinking on 12:21 - Apr 17 with 1271 viewsCatullus

Senedd drinking on 12:07 - Apr 17 by KeithHaynes

It's always been the same Keith. The rule makers very often use their influence to get away with being rule breakers. They have their excuses ready to go before they break the rules.

I well remember this story,

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/anger-as-harriet-harman-escapes-driving-ban-

If that had been me I'd have lost my license, had the bigger fine but politicians get treated more favourably.
The so called "great and good" are rarely great and even more rarely good.

Beofre someone comes along saying I'm picking on Labour, it was simply the first story that I remembered, there are many such stories all across the political spectrum like the expenses scandal, again in the real world such fraudulent activity would see people locked up but in Westminster, a few got scapegoated and the ret just carried on with the jollies.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Senedd drinking on 12:55 - Apr 17 with 1247 viewsmax936

Senedd drinking on 12:07 - Apr 17 by KeithHaynes

Politicians again, remember the Cummings saga and that Scottish bint, so was actually worse has she mixed with other people. disgraceful.

Senedd drinking on 16:41 - Apr 17 with 1197 viewsBoundy

Senedd drinking on 12:21 - Apr 17 by Catullus

It's always been the same Keith. The rule makers very often use their influence to get away with being rule breakers. They have their excuses ready to go before they break the rules.

I well remember this story,

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/anger-as-harriet-harman-escapes-driving-ban-

If that had been me I'd have lost my license, had the bigger fine but politicians get treated more favourably.
The so called "great and good" are rarely great and even more rarely good.

Beofre someone comes along saying I'm picking on Labour, it was simply the first story that I remembered, there are many such stories all across the political spectrum like the expenses scandal, again in the real world such fraudulent activity would see people locked up but in Westminster, a few got scapegoated and the ret just carried on with the jollies.

I think the popular term to use in these circumstances is " an error of judgement"

Senedd drinking on 16:47 - Apr 17 with 1195 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Senedd drinking on 16:41 - Apr 17 by Boundy

I think the popular term to use in these circumstances is " an error of judgement"

Followed by "Lessons will be learned ".

The main one being don't get caught next time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:58 - Apr 17 with 1191 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Senedd drinking on 17:26 - Apr 17 with 1178 viewsCatullus

Sometimes they call it an "honest mistake" when it is plainly neither honest nor a mistake, they know what they are doing.

These 4 MS's will let the bar person take the punishment for their atrocious actions. That's not to say the bar person should get away scot free, they should have known the rules and said no, they had a legal responsibility but so too did those MS and they had a moral responsibility too.

Senedd drinking on 19:46 - Apr 17 with 1145 viewsBoundy

Senedd drinking on 17:26 - Apr 17 by Catullus

Sometimes they call it an "honest mistake" when it is plainly neither honest nor a mistake, they know what they are doing.

These 4 MS's will let the bar person take the punishment for their atrocious actions. That's not to say the bar person should get away scot free, they should have known the rules and said no, they had a legal responsibility but so too did those MS and they had a moral responsibility too.

I'd be much more inclined to think the bar staff would have been intimated by what appears to be four bullies giving the "I am " , serve me or you're out attitude .

Senedd drinking on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 1098 viewsmax936

Senedd drinking on 19:46 - Apr 17 by Boundy

I'd be much more inclined to think the bar staff would have been intimated by what appears to be four bullies giving the "I am " , serve me or you're out attitude .

This in spades.

Senedd drinking on 08:31 - Apr 18 with 1041 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Of course if the senedd gravy train was abolished then they could not drink at their subsidised private club anyway. Do we really need a bar at the Senedd.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Senedd drinking on 08:44 - Apr 18 with 1037 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd drinking on 08:31 - Apr 18 by felixstowe_jack

Of course if the senedd gravy train was abolished then they could not drink at their subsidised private club anyway. Do we really need a bar at the Senedd.

Great point.

Although in Westminster there are ... x

The Lord’s bar, The Bishop’s bar, The Peer’s dining room, The Peer’s guest room, The Pugin room, The Terrace Pavillion, The Stranger’s bar, The Terrace Cafeteria, The Thames Pavillion, The Speaker’s State Rooms, The River restaurant, Bellamy’s, The Debate, The Jubilee room, The Adjournment, The Member’s Dining Room, The Stranger’s Dining Room, The Sport’s and Social bar, The Inter-Parliamentary Union Room, The Churchill Room, The Cholmondeley Room, The Barry room, The Home room, The Jubilee Cafe, The Atlee Room, Millbank House Cafeteria, The River dining rooms and Moncrieffs (the club house for journalists).

The list of places is not exhaustive, there are nearly 30 places to drink across the entire parliamentary estate.

Beware of the Risen People

Senedd drinking on 08:45 - Apr 18 with 1036 viewsKilkennyjack

First time ever, but i agree with you.

Senedd drinking on 08:56 - Apr 18 with 1032 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd drinking on 08:44 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

Great point.

The Lord’s bar, The Bishop’s bar, The Peer’s dining room, The Peer’s guest room, The Pugin room, The Terrace Pavillion, The Stranger’s bar, The Terrace Cafeteria, The Thames Pavillion, The Speaker’s State Rooms, The River restaurant, Bellamy’s, The Debate, The Jubilee room, The Adjournment, The Member’s Dining Room, The Stranger’s Dining Room, The Sport’s and Social bar, The Inter-Parliamentary Union Room, The Churchill Room, The Cholmondeley Room, The Barry room, The Home room, The Jubilee Cafe, The Atlee Room, Millbank House Cafeteria, The River dining rooms and Moncrieffs (the club house for journalists).

The list of places is not exhaustive, there are nearly 30 places to drink across the entire parliamentary estate.

Totally agree with you but are the least the UK government gets things done and with many more people working there, and not just MPs they do need somewhere safe and secure to eat.

Senedd drinking on 08:57 - Apr 18 with 1030 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd drinking on 08:56 - Apr 18 by felixstowe_jack

Totally agree with you but are the least the UK government gets things done and with many more people working there, and not just MPs they do need somewhere safe and secure to eat.

😂

Senedd drinking on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 1028 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd drinking on 08:57 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

😂

Glad you agree the UK government are responsible for the successful UK vaccination programme that has saved over 10,000 lives so far.

Senedd drinking on 09:02 - Apr 18 with 1026 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd drinking on 08:59 - Apr 18 by felixstowe_jack

Glad you agree the UK government are responsible for the successful UK vaccination programme that has saved over 10,000 lives so far.

135,000 uk citizens have died of covid, and no injections will bring them back.

Worst in the world.

Senedd drinking on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 1015 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Senedd drinking on 09:02 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

135,000 uk citizens have died of covid, and no injections will bring them back.

Worst in the world.

Yet again incorrect. The uk is only 10th in the world table of deaths per 100,000.

Senedd drinking on 09:13 - Apr 18 with 1012 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd drinking on 09:08 - Apr 18 by felixstowe_jack

Yet again incorrect. The uk is only 10th in the world table of deaths per 100,000.

Oh thats alright then ...

We are amongst the worst in the world ffs !!

Senedd drinking on 09:19 - Apr 18 with 1011 viewsCatullus

Senedd drinking on 08:44 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

Great point.

I'm with you on this Kilk, it's the seat of government, the last thing we want is our elected representatives rolling into the voting lobby half soaked. There should be no alcohol in any of our government buildings.

What is even worse. these bars and restaurants are heavily subsidised so these well paid politicians eat and drink the best stuff for far cheaper than the rest of us.

I wonder if minimum unit pricing applies in the Senedd?

Senedd drinking on 09:25 - Apr 18 with 1004 viewsKilkennyjack

Senedd drinking on 09:19 - Apr 18 by Catullus

I'm with you on this Kilk, it's the seat of government, the last thing we want is our elected representatives rolling into the voting lobby half soaked. There should be no alcohol in any of our government buildings.

What is even worse. these bars and restaurants are heavily subsidised so these well paid politicians eat and drink the best stuff for far cheaper than the rest of us.

I wonder if minimum unit pricing applies in the Senedd?

Yep - they are heavily subsidised...

According to the latest stats taxpayers stumped up £57,000 a week to subsidise food and drink for politicians across both houses.

In the House of Commons the public had to find £1.7 million to fund MPs, their staff and guests in bars, canteens and restaurants.

The Terrace Cafeteria received a £646,000 subsidy, while the Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords was propped up by some £779,257 — leading to Liberal Democrat peer Lord Tyler to describe it as the “best day care centre for the elderly in London”.

Needs to stop.

Senedd drinking on 11:10 - Apr 18 with 982 viewsCatullus

Senedd drinking on 09:25 - Apr 18 by Kilkennyjack

Yep - they are heavily subsidised...

According to the latest stats taxpayers stumped up £57,000 a week to subsidise food and drink for politicians across both houses.

In the House of Commons the public had to find £1.7 million to fund MPs, their staff and guests in bars, canteens and restaurants.

The Terrace Cafeteria received a £646,000 subsidy, while the Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords was propped up by some £779,257 — leading to Liberal Democrat peer Lord Tyler to describe it as the “best day care centre for the elderly in London”.

Needs to stop.

It's a national disgrace, we subsidise their drunken antics, we subsidise their mortgages so they buy property cheap and make massive profits, they get massive pay rises, 11% last time wasn't it which is 11 times more than they offer the NHS and worst of all, they indulge in cronyism, rule breaking, law breaking. Many moe of our political reps should be sacked at the least and plenty of them belong in prison.

Senedd drinking on 15:33 - Apr 18 with 961 viewsmax936

Senedd drinking on 11:10 - Apr 18 by Catullus

It's a national disgrace, we subsidise their drunken antics, we subsidise their mortgages so they buy property cheap and make massive profits, they get massive pay rises, 11% last time wasn't it which is 11 times more than they offer the NHS and worst of all, they indulge in cronyism, rule breaking, law breaking. Many moe of our political reps should be sacked at the least and plenty of them belong in prison.

I've said in many times, a great majority of Politicians, MP's, become Politicians for their own self gain, your post move than backs that thought, its not what they can bring to the table its what their can gain from it, self interest, greed and to top it all arrogance, I detest most of them, from all sides.

Senedd drinking on 15:57 - Apr 18 with 948 viewsCatullus

Senedd drinking on 15:33 - Apr 18 by max936

I've said in many times, a great majority of Politicians, MP's, become Politicians for their own self gain, your post move than backs that thought, its not what they can bring to the table its what their can gain from it, self interest, greed and to top it all arrogance, I detest most of them, from all sides.

I've been saying it for ages, Max. The bigproblem is, the only people who can change things are the people we elect and once they're inside the system any promises made quickly get discarded.
We need stricter rules for our "representatives" but they are the ones who need to bring those changes in, the pigs are never going to vote to take away the trough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024