Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions 12:18 - Apr 18 with 981 viewsKeithHaynes

Despite winning the last two games in a 4-3-3 set up, Cooper inexplicably switched to a five-at-the-back for the game against a Wycombe side which look destined for relegation this season, and Naughton looked uncomfortable in a centre-back position throughout the match.

During his time on the pitch, Naughton contributed no tackles, interceptions or blocks, with every member of the Swansea defence contributing significantly more.

Considering that the Englishman has averaged 1.5 tackles, 1.3 interceptions and 0.2 blocks per game in the Championship so far this season, it is clear that he was below par on Saturday.

Swansea looked far better when Cooper axed Naughton in order to bring on a more attacking option in Morgan Whittaker, which again begs the question why the manager opted to play three centre-backs against the Chairboys.

Naughton, who reportedly earns £20,000 per week at Swansea, struggled to get involved in the game at all during his 54 minutes on the pitch, as he managed just 35 touches and 22 passes, whereas goalkeeper Freddie Woodman had 41 touches and would contribute 26 passes.

Therefore, it seems clear that Naughton was one of Swansea’s worst performers on a disappointing afternoon at the Liberty Stadium, and Cooper will surely be fuming that one of his more experienced players performed so poorly when they desperately needed the three points.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:22 - Apr 18 with 744 views9MilesHigh

This was a real problem but believe it or not I don't think that was 3 at the back.

The real problem being the players didn't have a clue what they were supposed to be doing.

Roberts was actually the wide one in a middle 3 but was absolutely lost

It was haunting.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:24 - Apr 18 with 739 viewsDr_Parnassus

Naughton has often been the weak link when we don’t have the ball.

People don’t like to hear that though.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:30 - Apr 18 with 726 views9MilesHigh

Naughton was bypassef too many times by Bennett who chose a long aimless punt upfield instead of passing to him.

Naughton made 2 or 3 really clever switch passes out to Manning. Very clever.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 719 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We didn’t switch to five at the back. Roberts played in a position that was difficult to define really but it certainly wasn’t as a defender. Roberts seemed confused as to his role either in midfield or attack which may have been more Cooper’s fault than his.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 713 views9MilesHigh

He also made 27 passes with 85% success in 52 mins. Contrast that to Roberts 39 in 90 with 74% success.

Oh and had 5 clearances, the most in the whole game from any player on the pitch.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 700 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:35 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

He also made 27 passes with 85% success in 52 mins. Contrast that to Roberts 39 in 90 with 74% success.

Oh and had 5 clearances, the most in the whole game from any player on the pitch.

Yeah, he was class.

Lol

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:38 - Apr 18 with 701 views9MilesHigh

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:33 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

We didn’t switch to five at the back. Roberts played in a position that was difficult to define really but it certainly wasn’t as a defender. Roberts seemed confused as to his role either in midfield or attack which may have been more Cooper’s fault than his.

But some want to argue blind that yesterday wasn't a different approach to the 2 previous games because of 90 minute stats.

Hmm...
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:40 - Apr 18 with 693 views9MilesHigh

But let's cut to the chase here, the wrong player was hooked.

It should have been Roberts, without question.

But Cooper would have to admit failure then and he's far too egotistical to do that.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 690 viewsjack247

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:38 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

But some want to argue blind that yesterday wasn't a different approach to the 2 previous games because of 90 minute stats.

Hmm...

There are some here who struggle while watching games, but are far more comfortable using spreadsheets to tell us who played well.

Unfortunately, we will never be able to help them.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 684 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:38 - Apr 18 by 9MilesHigh

Hmm...

Some don’t want to argue anything, they are just stating things as they are instead of feelings dressed up and agenda ridden fact.

It’s those that enjoy creating those agenda ridden feeling harbourers that are the argument instigators.

As I said, you are going to be exhausted with all these approach changes with every different result.
You would think if the players conducted that approach change as suggested before, it seems weird they decided not to continue.

Almost like it was rubbish to start with. Weird.

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 674 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hmm...

Roberts bizarrely replaced Routledge at Sheffield and his first touch was a stunning left foot cross that Fulton headed home. He then seemed to adopt a free role for the remainder of the game and was completely lost.

Cooper decided that the stunning cross was the norm rather than the exception and went with it again. Roberts had our two best chances of the first half and fluffed both whilst Cullen would probably have scored at least one of them which is why he should have replaced Ayew. Routs was too knackered to start his third game in a week but apparently not too knackered to come on in the seventh minute.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:18 - Apr 18 with 650 viewsjack247

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:55 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Roberts bizarrely replaced Routledge at Sheffield and his first touch was a stunning left foot cross that Fulton headed home. He then seemed to adopt a free role for the remainder of the game and was completely lost.

Cooper decided that the stunning cross was the norm rather than the exception and went with it again. Roberts had our two best chances of the first half and fluffed both whilst Cullen would probably have scored at least one of them which is why he should have replaced Ayew. Routs was too knackered to start his third game in a week but apparently not too knackered to come on in the seventh minute.

Agree completely. Roberts has looked not so much out of position, but almost without a defined position in the last two games, can’t remember if it was the same when he came on at Milwall. At the same time, he makes intelligent runs and has a hell of an engine on him, so he has popped up in some great positions. The cross at Wednesday, the two chances yesterday.

I think leaving Routledge out was a bit arrogant, maybe Cooper felt we’d beat them anyway so rest him for Tuesday? As you say though, he ended up playing roughly as long as the last two matches and wasn’t happy coming off, so it’s not as if he couldn’t have started.

Other teams results aside, Cullen was the big positive yesterday.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:22 - Apr 18 with 642 views9MilesHigh

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:55 - Apr 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Precisely.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:58 - Apr 18 with 622 viewsonehunglow

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:24 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I referred to naughton as a football coward.I got pelters.I tand my every word.
Weak ,indecisive ,poor tacklers,slow,crap in the air. A total waste of a shirt and one who should never ever have been given another contract. BUT,loved by many.

I fail to see why you Joel has not been given his chance to nail down that spot.

Naughton has and will cost us games.

One to bin asap

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 15:01 - Apr 18 with 596 viewsYrAlarch

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:58 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

Weak ,indecisive ,poor tacklers,slow,crap in the air. A total waste of a shirt and one who should never ever have been given another contract. BUT,loved by many.

I fail to see why you Joel has not been given his chance to nail down that spot.

One to bin asap

Shall we add Naughton to the list then OHL?
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 15:05 - Apr 18 with 592 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:58 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

One to bin asap

Complete crap. Every syllable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 15:45 - Apr 18 with 574 viewsCatullus

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:24 - Apr 18 by Dr_Parnassus

So you have to ask, why switch back after back to back wins? Why go negative after two much better performances?
This switch back may have cost us 2 points.

I think Naughton is one of the players that should be permannently dropped in favour of youth. Naughton and Routledge were good players but they had their time and we need to look to the future. We can't keep relying on players who underperform or are deep into the injury time of their career.
Given the ways things have been going Whittaker would have every right to wonder why he's not playing more. Cabango and Latibeaudiere must be wondering too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 17:41 - Apr 18 with 503 viewsangryjack

Naughton has got to be the luckiest footballer going to get contracts he's had...can't pass under pressure panicks and kicks anywhere often dives in needlessly...can't get forward and whip ball in as many modern full backs can.been moved to a centre half in a three and look lost...
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 18:47 - Apr 18 with 476 viewsjack247

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 15:45 - Apr 18 by Catullus

So you have to ask, why switch back after back to back wins? Why go negative after two much better performances?
This switch back may have cost us 2 points.

I think Naughton is one of the players that should be permannently dropped in favour of youth. Naughton and Routledge were good players but they had their time and we need to look to the future. We can't keep relying on players who underperform or are deep into the injury time of their career.
Given the ways things have been going Whittaker would have every right to wonder why he's not playing more. Cabango and Latibeaudiere must be wondering too.

I agree with this to an extent. Naughton and Routledge aren’t the future, they probably won’t be here in 6 weeks time.

At the moment though, it’s all about doing everything we can to reach the Premier League. It’s not the time to be playing squad players who will probably have a bigger role next season, when we have a better, if older and shorter term option. The minute Watford are out of sight however, is the minute I agree with you.

I’d make Cullen an exception as he adds a finishing quality no one else in the squad has.

I agree the tactical switch quite likely did cost us two points.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 18:50 - Apr 18 with 472 viewsonehunglow

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 18:47 - Apr 18 by jack247

I agree with this to an extent. Naughton and Routledge aren’t the future, they probably won’t be here in 6 weeks time.

At the moment though, it’s all about doing everything we can to reach the Premier League. It’s not the time to be playing squad players who will probably have a bigger role next season, when we have a better, if older and shorter term option. The minute Watford are out of sight however, is the minute I agree with you.

I’d make Cullen an exception as he adds a finishing quality no one else in the squad has.

Indeed.
It is sad these two are still playing for us.
It defines our ineptitude regarding recruitment that a 36 yr old is seen as a positive enhancement to the tea,

Absolutely we should be giving youth a go

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 19:00 - Apr 18 with 472 viewsjack247

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 18:50 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

Indeed.
It is sad these two are still playing for us.
It defines our ineptitude regarding recruitment that a 36 yr old is seen as a positive enhancement to the tea,

Absolutely we should be giving youth a go

Yes. Just not with four games to go when Routledge had arguably been man of the match in the two previous comfortable wins.

All about results at the moment. If we lose ground on Watford Tuesday, absolutely get your Whittakers, Latabaudieres and Cabangos in for the next few games.

Ayew looks like he’s out anyway, so unless Cooper panics and goes defensive, it’s probably Whittaker or Cullen with Lowe and Routledge.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 19:08 - Apr 18 with 466 viewsCatullus

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 18:47 - Apr 18 by jack247

I think the automatic spot is already lost to us so I'd give the youngsters a chance to impress for the last league games and see where we are for the play off matches.

I don't see Watford giving us the same helping hand Forest did last season, how lucky would that be? Saying that, Norwich v Watford tuesday could be one hell of a game!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 19:20 - Apr 18 with 454 viewsjack247

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 19:08 - Apr 18 by Catullus

I think the automatic spot is already lost to us so I'd give the youngsters a chance to impress for the last league games and see where we are for the play off matches.

I don't see Watford giving us the same helping hand Forest did last season, how lucky would that be? Saying that, Norwich v Watford tuesday could be one hell of a game!

They’ve got Norwich, Brentford and Milwall before facing us on the last day. Assuming we win our next three, we need them to lose or draw twice. Then we need to beat them away.

It’s not the most likely outcome I grant you, but it’s not inconceivable seeing as Norwich win the league if they beat them and Brentford are in a similar position to us.

If Watford beat Norwich, I’m fully on board with you.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 20:48 - Apr 18 with 419 viewsglanmORJa_k

For whatever personal reasons from posters, Naughton has always had his detractors whatever the formation the team plays, but for some to continually claim the team plays 5 at the back is at best ignorance of what a 3 centre back formation actually is, besides the total reluctance at times of the responsibility of whoever plays the wide midfield role when the game changeovers from attack to defence and vice versa.

Yesterday's match was yet another mis-match of tactics, square pegs in round holes from a head coach, who for some reason inserted a full back to play an attacking role in preference in keeping same for same when a striker like Whittaker should have been included. But there again that preference for keeping same for same has seen a goalkeeper immune to take a rest on the subs bench when his inability to perform has resulted in so many questionable performances in the keeper's shirt.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 21:26 - Apr 18 with 403 viewsCatullus

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 19:20 - Apr 18 by jack247

They’ve got Norwich, Brentford and Milwall before facing us on the last day. Assuming we win our next three, we need them to lose or draw twice. Then we need to beat them away.

It’s not the most likely outcome I grant you, but it’s not inconceivable seeing as Norwich win the league if they beat them and Brentford are in a similar position to us.

If Watford beat Norwich, I’m fully on board with you.

Yeah I'm looking at Brentofrd too. They have Cardiff and Rotherham. Bristol City, Bournemouth and Watford. They also have a game in hand on us. I agree it's possible but I just don't see it. I'm tending towards a bit of rotation to prepare for the Play offs. It gives fringe players a chance to impress and lets regular starters get a rest. Hopefully Ayew isn't badly hurt and will available in a couple of weeks.

It could turn out for the best.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024