Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions 12:18 - Apr 18 with 983 viewsKeithHaynes

Despite winning the last two games in a 4-3-3 set up, Cooper inexplicably switched to a five-at-the-back for the game against a Wycombe side which look destined for relegation this season, and Naughton looked uncomfortable in a centre-back position throughout the match.

During his time on the pitch, Naughton contributed no tackles, interceptions or blocks, with every member of the Swansea defence contributing significantly more.

Considering that the Englishman has averaged 1.5 tackles, 1.3 interceptions and 0.2 blocks per game in the Championship so far this season, it is clear that he was below par on Saturday.

Swansea looked far better when Cooper axed Naughton in order to bring on a more attacking option in Morgan Whittaker, which again begs the question why the manager opted to play three centre-backs against the Chairboys.

Naughton, who reportedly earns £20,000 per week at Swansea, struggled to get involved in the game at all during his 54 minutes on the pitch, as he managed just 35 touches and 22 passes, whereas goalkeeper Freddie Woodman had 41 touches and would contribute 26 passes.

Therefore, it seems clear that Naughton was one of Swansea’s worst performers on a disappointing afternoon at the Liberty Stadium, and Cooper will surely be fuming that one of his more experienced players performed so poorly when they desperately needed the three points.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 228 viewsMoscowJack

Kyle wasn't the problem yesterday.

Hourihane was anonymous again and Lowe's hold up play was shocking.

Smith for Hourihane is an easy one for me, but Lowe won't get dropped while he's scoring.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 11:37 - Apr 19 with 199 views34dfgdf54

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 11:01 - Apr 19 by MoscowJack

Kyle wasn't the problem yesterday.

Hourihane was anonymous again and Lowe's hold up play was shocking.

Smith for Hourihane is an easy one for me, but Lowe won't get dropped while he's scoring.

Of course he wasn't.

Roberts was the problem, playing out of position. I won't criticise Cooper for giving it a go, but I will criticise him for not changing it at half time when it was completely obvious it wasn't working.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 197 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I don't really understand the criticism of Routledge, I have never been a big fan of his as a winger over the last few years.
But he brought ball skill, superior hold-up, composure, good passing & distribution to the forward midfield in the previous 2 games.
An older, wiser version of Dhanda, making up for lack of outright speed with footballing nouse.
Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:52 - Apr 19 with 176 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 11:37 - Apr 19 by 34dfgdf54

Of course he wasn't.

Roberts was the problem, playing out of position. I won't criticise Cooper for giving it a go, but I will criticise him for not changing it at half time when it was completely obvious it wasn't working.

Would that be the same Roberts who had our only two shots on target in the first half and created the second goal?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 13:01 - Apr 19 with 170 views34dfgdf54

Kyle Naughton analysed yesterday : 0 tackles 0 blocks 0 interceptions on 12:52 - Apr 19 by felixstowe_jack

Would that be the same Roberts who had our only two shots on target in the first half and created the second goal?

Yeah that would be the one. Watch the game back.

I'm not having a pop at Roberts, he was just played out of position and it didn't work. What position was he playing when we equalised? Right back wasn't he but obviously bombing on because we were chasing a goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024