Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum 10:09 - Apr 20 with 3759 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally I can’t see it happening, but it will raise his stock just being included. This for me means he will get plenty of offers come the end of the season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:01 - Apr 21 with 851 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 11:41 - Apr 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I can certainly see a Premier League club coming for him. Spurs however? Very unlikely at this stage.

If he gets us promoted however, then who knows.

I would be absolutely amazed if Cooper gets Premier League interest. You would assume the decision makers at these clubs look at the bigger picture, and not just the league position in a seriously poor league.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:37 - Apr 21 with 830 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:01 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

I would be absolutely amazed if Cooper gets Premier League interest. You would assume the decision makers at these clubs look at the bigger picture, and not just the league position in a seriously poor league.

I wouldn't have him managing Bonymaen Colts .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:52 - Apr 21 with 816 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:01 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

I’d be shocked if he wasn’t offered an opportunity at a bigger club than ours. A smaller Premier League club with a small budget would be my guess.

The argument of a poor league gets trotted out every time someone wants to have a different opinion to the fact a team finds itself where it does. I must have read it at some point every single year since we have been in it.

Finishing 6th, then following that up by guiding the club to 3rd for a large part of the season on such a middling budget will always peak the interest of bigger clubs. Back to back league position is the bigger picture, it’s a 2 year sample size - not a spell of a few months worth of games.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:00 - Apr 21 with 813 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:52 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d be shocked if he wasn’t offered an opportunity at a bigger club than ours. A smaller Premier League club with a small budget would be my guess.

The argument of a poor league gets trotted out every time someone wants to have a different opinion to the fact a team finds itself where it does. I must have read it at some point every single year since we have been in it.

Finishing 6th, then following that up by guiding the club to 3rd for a large part of the season on such a middling budget will always peak the interest of bigger clubs. Back to back league position is the bigger picture, it’s a 2 year sample size - not a spell of a few months worth of games.

Proof will be in the pudding, you could be right. Will see in the summer.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:07 - Apr 21 with 807 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:00 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Proof will be in the pudding, you could be right. Will see in the summer.

I’d imagine we will still be with us in the summer. I think he will be here for one more year.

Next season is going to be an utter horror-fest though.

If people are raging at us this season when in 3rd, next season will need free blood pressure tablets given out.

If we get into the top 10 I would be very shocked indeed.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:18 - Apr 21 with 801 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:07 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d imagine we will still be with us in the summer. I think he will be here for one more year.

If people are raging at us this season when in 3rd, next season will need free blood pressure tablets given out.

What's the odds in Fortitude Valley for him not being here next season.

I'd like to lump on.

Pretty sure our Board have no time for him.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:20 - Apr 21 with 798 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:18 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

What's the odds in Fortitude Valley for him not being here next season.

I'd like to lump on.

Pretty sure our Board have no time for him.

Odds in Fortitude Valley? Are odds regional then?

I do enjoy how under your skin I appear to be. I currently reside in your head.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:24 - Apr 21 with 784 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:20 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Odds in Fortitude Valley? Are odds regional then?

I do enjoy how under your skin I appear to be. I currently reside in your head.

Your brothers aren't you?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:29 - Apr 21 with 797 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:07 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

If Cooper is with us next season, then yeah we are in big trouble imo.

Ayew and Naughton will go, I also see us cashing in on Matty Grimes. Not as sure as I was that a big bid will be incoming for Roberts though, maybe one of the relegated clubs may fancy him, Sheff Utd for example.

Adding onto that we have the likes of Guehi, Hourihane, Woodman all exiting.

Still have good players at the club though and with a decent manager with a clear plan and a bit of clever recruitment I don't see why we can't finish top half.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:29 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Ayew and Naughton will go, I also see us cashing in on Matty Grimes. Not as sure as I was that a big bid will be incoming for Roberts though, maybe one of the relegated clubs may fancy him, Sheff Utd for example.

Still have good players at the club though and with a decent manager with a clear plan and a bit of clever recruitment I don't see why we can't finish top half.

Regardless of who is in charge, it’s a poisoned chalice.

We have a fan base who are clearly still stuck in the Premier League years and expectations unrealistically high. They will have very little to spend and a squad weakened yet again, potentially cripplingly so if both Ayew and Roberts have to go. Unclear regarding Roberts at this stage.

So I agree, it depends who we are able to replace the exiting players with I guess, but I don’t see it being anything other than free transfer punts and the odd loan. We will need to pull a few rabbits.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:46 - Apr 21 with 788 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:36 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We have a fan base who are clearly still stuck in the Premier League years and expectations unrealistically high. They will have very little to spend and a squad weakened yet again, potentially cripplingly so if both Ayew and Roberts have to go. Unclear regarding Roberts at this stage.

So I agree, it depends who we are able to replace the exiting players with I guess, but I don’t see it being anything other than free transfer punts and the odd loan. We will need to pull a few rabbits.

We need to hope Andy Scott is as good as his reputation suggests. He said when he started here his signings would take about 3 seasons to materialise. I believe this is the third next year.

Cooper has relied on his contacts in the England U17s for the past 2, which is great, all good players on the whole, but they have no run out. Cooper has to me proved he doesn't know how to manage/trust younger players that haven't worked with him previously, see Cabango.

Ayew has masked alot of his shortcomings it seems.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 770 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:36 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

No.
Fans who have experienced the clyb at the highest level and see us being a bone fide member of the premier league.

Too many stuck in our mediocre past

Be proud and aspire

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:51 - Apr 21 with 779 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:50 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

No.
Fans who have experienced the clyb at the highest level and see us being a bone fide member of the premier league.

Too many stuck in our mediocre past

Be proud and aspire

That’s exactly what I mean.

I would be surprised if we see those days again I’m my lifetime, certainly to the extent we saw them.

And sadly for many I hope to live another 50 years yet

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 19:41 - Apr 21 with 709 viewsKeithHaynes

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:46 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

We need to hope Andy Scott is as good as his reputation suggests. He said when he started here his signings would take about 3 seasons to materialise. I believe this is the third next year.

Cooper has relied on his contacts in the England U17s for the past 2, which is great, all good players on the whole, but they have no run out. Cooper has to me proved he doesn't know how to manage/trust younger players that haven't worked with him previously, see Cabango.

Ayew most certainly has, he is about to play his last games for the club, we could also lose the likes of Roberts who looked seriously annoyed last night. Grimes maybe ? Routledge has had his time I’m sure. Freeman the man who came on a free won’t be re-signed surely ? Ah, but he is cheap. It’s a real watershed ahead.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 702 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:46 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

I get the feeling that Scott is trying to find players to suit the way Cooper said he wanted to play when he took the job. The way we would have gone out and specifically recruited a manager to play.

That a lot of these players are looking somewhat out of place in the system Cooper has actually chosen to go for was probably inevitable. It's probably for reasons along the same lines that players Cooper has worked with before have tended to slot into the system more easily.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 21:52 - Apr 23 with 623 viewsQJumpingJack

There maybe a former Swans manager taking over at Spurs.
Roberto Martinez - post Euros.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 01:30 - Apr 24 with 593 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 19:41 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Ayew most certainly has, he is about to play his last games for the club, we could also lose the likes of Roberts who looked seriously annoyed last night. Grimes maybe ? Routledge has had his time I’m sure. Freeman the man who came on a free won’t be re-signed surely ? Ah, but he is cheap. It’s a real watershed ahead.

We will need to replace half a match day team. On peanuts.

Woodman
Naughton
Guehi
Roberts (potentially)
Hourihane
Ayew
Routledge (probably)
Will also clearly need to sign a striker

That’s a pretty scary thought. We have Cullen and Cabango/Latibaudiere to help alleviate the burden of that, but we will still need to get a solid CB in and a striker capable of leading the line.

Next season has all the hallmarks of a massive dose of reality. If you thought the reaction to being 4th was bad this season... just wait.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 07:55 - Apr 24 with 550 viewspencoedjack

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 01:30 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Woodman
Naughton
Guehi
Roberts (potentially)
Hourihane
Ayew
Routledge (probably)

That’s a pretty scary thought. We have Cullen and Cabango/Latibaudiere to help alleviate the burden of that, but we will still need to get a solid CB in and a striker capable of leading the line.

Next season has all the hallmarks of a massive dose of reality. If you thought the reaction to being 4th was bad this season... just wait.

This board will be a thing to behold when we are a mid table championship side.
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:03 - Apr 24 with 536 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 01:30 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Woodman
Naughton
Guehi
Roberts (potentially)
Hourihane
Ayew
Routledge (probably)

You may be right but in my opinion it’s never seemed that position in table or results has been the catalyst for fan reaction

Personally I just want a manager who makes me want to watch us again and not make it feel like a chore. Build up some excitement in games and not talk about every game as if it’s the same because it’s not to us!
If it’s all about results I’ll just watch soccer Saturday.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:12 - Apr 24 with 522 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:03 - Apr 24 by PatchesOHoulihan

You may be right but in my opinion it’s never seemed that position in table or results has been the catalyst for fan reaction

Personally I just want a manager who makes me want to watch us again and not make it feel like a chore. Build up some excitement in games and not talk about every game as if it’s the same because it’s not to us!
If it’s all about results I’ll just watch soccer Saturday.

If we are playing pretty football next season and 15th by Xmas, the fans will be in meltdown.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 480 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:12 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

If we are playing pretty football next season and 15th by Xmas, the fans will be in meltdown.

Why does what I said above mean pretty football?
I’ve enjoyed watching us for years when the football has been far from pretty but it’s ended up being entertaining nevertheless

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 16:58 - Apr 24 with 445 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 14:22 - Apr 24 by PatchesOHoulihan

Why does what I said above mean pretty football?
I’ve enjoyed watching us for years when the football has been far from pretty but it’s ended up being entertaining nevertheless

Not sure what you would mean if you don’t mean attractive football and don’t mean winning then?

If neither of that matters then I don’t see why you haven’t enjoyed this season. I certainly have.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 17:51 - Apr 24 with 422 viewsTreforys_Jack

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 16:58 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure what you would mean if you don’t mean attractive football and don’t mean winning then?

If neither of that matters then I don’t see why you haven’t enjoyed this season. I certainly have.

I can't believe you've enjoyed this season, its been in the main bloody awful with the odd really good performance. We won the league with Hollins and that was bloody awful as well looking back. The older I've got the less it's been about winning at all costs. Football is about being brave & exciting.

I do recognise we've been spoilt from the Martinez era onwards and maybe that has skewed my expectations.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 18:42]
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 18:21 - Apr 24 with 406 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:29 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Naughton is a liability.Grimes grotesquely overated as he is slow in every way,no captain.

We need a clear out,starting with manager if we cant get new owners.

I wouldnt have a problem with 7 of this first team going.

Whittaker and Cullen could be a force ,if they had the right manager .

We need a goalkeeper before we start anything,then get a midfielder who can physically stand up and control the game .

Bennett and Cabango would be ok. That said for crap for brains owner could see Ben.

We have unfolded alarmingly

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 21:40 - Apr 24 with 379 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 16:58 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

I mean if we lose games that we’ve actually managed to have some shots on goal, or attack at pace, or just anything which might make me get off my seat

Losing like we have this year with no shots on target, no chances and general slow play all over the pitch I personally find difficult to watch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024