Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My council tax bill 18:37 - Apr 20 with 694 viewsbritferry

WTF is "The Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales" ???

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

My council tax bill on 18:42 - Apr 20 with 683 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You can vote for the next one in May.

It’ll almost certainly be Alun Michael yet again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

My council tax bill on 18:49 - Apr 20 with 674 viewsbritferry

My council tax bill on 18:42 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

but what the hell are we paying for?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

My council tax bill on 18:49 - Apr 20 with 669 viewsonehunglow

It' s simply a position we don' t need. Jobs for the boys.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

My council tax bill on 18:49 - Apr 20 with 674 viewsraynor94

My council tax bill on 18:42 - Apr 20 by Joe_bradshaw

The Alun Michael from Cardiff you mean.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

My council tax bill on 18:50 - Apr 20 with 674 viewsYrAlarch

A total waste of taxpayers money. They have all built a mini empire for themselves with lots of staff, office equipment and stationery.
Bureaucracy begets bureaucracy.
My council tax bill on 19:19 - Apr 20 with 652 viewsKeithHaynes

My council tax bill on 18:50 - Apr 20 by YrAlarch

A total waste of taxpayers money. They have all built a mini empire for themselves with lots of staff, office equipment and stationery.
Bureaucracy begets bureaucracy.

Very Spanish is Wales.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

My council tax bill on 19:27 - Apr 20 with 644 viewsCatullus

My council tax bill on 18:49 - Apr 20 by britferry

Have you not been paying attention? This has been on the Council tax bill since 2012, don't you look?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

My council tax bill on 19:53 - Apr 20 with 620 viewsScotia

We can't blame Drakeford / labour for this. I think it was one of Cameron's ideas

Completely pointless position, I'll definitely be spoiling that ballot paper on the 6th
Login to get fewer ads

My council tax bill of on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 609 viewsfelixstowe_jack

My council tax bill on 19:53 - Apr 20 by Scotia

We can't blame Drakeford / labour for this. I think it was one of Cameron's ideas

Completely pointless position, I'll definitely be spoiling that ballot paper on the 6th

Of course we can blame Drakeford and the local councils they set the rates bill which all depends how much of the annual increase in the budget for Wales is passed onto the local councils.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

My council tax bill of on 22:07 - Apr 20 with 567 viewsScotia

My council tax bill of on 19:58 - Apr 20 by felixstowe_jack

Of course we can blame Drakeford and the local councils they set the rates bill which all depends how much of the annual increase in the budget for Wales is passed onto the local councils.

Yes, but this thread is specifically about the police and crime commissioner.
My council tax bill of on 22:13 - Apr 20 with 560 viewsmajorraglan

My council tax bill of on 19:58 - Apr 20 by felixstowe_jack

I’d like to see Councils forced to show both this year’s and and last year’s council tax figures on the bills so people can make direct comparisons. The figures are going up as the central government are cutting the central funding.
My council tax bill on 22:15 - Apr 20 with 555 viewsbuilthjack

Cameron brought this one along about 8 or 9 years ago.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

My council tax bill on 22:17 - Apr 20 with 556 viewsBrynmill_Jack

My council tax bill on 19:27 - Apr 20 by Catullus

Have you not been paying attention? This has been on the Council tax bill since 2012, don't you look?

Well it’s not Tescos, you can’t get a refund can you ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

My council tax bill on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 555 viewsmajorraglan

My council tax bill on 18:49 - Apr 20 by britferry

A sizeable portion of South Wales Police’s annual income.

I totally disagree with the Police Commissioners belonging to political parties, whilst the police must be accountable to the public, I don’t believe it’s appropriate for politicians to be in charge of the police. Whoever is in charge of the police should be completely independent.

For what it’s worth I have met the guy in charge of the Dyfed Powys police and he’s a really tidy guy, he’s not your typical politician, he’s very honest and cares about his community.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:36]
My council tax bill on 22:29 - Apr 20 with 539 viewsBrynmill_Jack

My council tax bill on 22:18 - Apr 20 by majorraglan

A sizeable portion of South Wales Police’s annual income.

I totally disagree with the Police Commissioners belonging to political parties, whilst the police must be accountable to the public, I don’t believe it’s appropriate for politicians to be in charge of the police. Whoever is in charge of the police should be completely independent.

For what it’s worth I have met the guy in charge of the Dyfed Powys police and he’s a really tidy guy, he’s not your typical politician, he’s very honest and cares about his community.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 22:36]

Bring back Commissioner Gordon that’s what I say

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

My council tax bill of on 09:07 - Apr 21 with 490 viewsfelixstowe_jack

My council tax bill of on 22:07 - Apr 20 by Scotia

Yes, but this thread is specifically about the police and crime commissioner.

You have always paid for the police through your rates bill , just it has now been highlighted just how much you pay. I am all for transparency.

My council tax bill of on 09:09 - Apr 21 with 489 viewsCatullus

My council tax bill of on 22:13 - Apr 20 by majorraglan

I’d like to see Councils forced to show both this year’s and and last year’s council tax figures on the bills so people can make direct comparisons. The figures are going up as the central government are cutting the central funding.

I thought local councils actually had more money from the Senedd this year? That's why there's been so much fuss.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

My council tax bill of on 09:21 - Apr 21 with 486 viewsfelixstowe_jack

My council tax bill of on 09:09 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I thought local councils actually had more money from the Senedd this year? That's why there's been so much fuss.

Well the Welsh assembly budget from Westminster goes up by more than inflation each year while the funding on average to the local councils goes up by less than inflation. The assembly keeps more money each year for it's pet projects, like £120 million spent deciding not to build the M4 relief road. That is enough money to fund 900 social houses.

My council tax bill of on 21:09 - Apr 22 with 405 viewsKilkennyjack

My council tax bill of on 09:21 - Apr 21 by felixstowe_jack

Well the Welsh assembly budget from Westminster goes up by more than inflation each year while the funding on average to the local councils goes up by less than inflation. The assembly keeps more money each year for it's pet projects, like £120 million spent deciding not to build the M4 relief road. That is enough money to fund 900 social houses.

Westmonster spends £205 billion to replace Trident.

That should be money for the parts of the UK that need it.

£50m is spent on the English Ballet ffs.

Beware of the Risen People

My council tax bill of on 21:20 - Apr 22 with 386 viewsraynor94

My council tax bill of on 21:09 - Apr 22 by Kilkennyjack

After watching Billy Elliott, worth every penny.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

My council tax bill of on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 368 viewsCatullus

My council tax bill of on 21:09 - Apr 22 by Kilkennyjack

That's not an accurate figure, it was estimated by CND wasn't it?

Here, from the commons library,

A decision to replace the Polaris nuclear deterrent system with Trident was made in July 1980, under the terms of the Polaris sales agreement 1963, as amended for Trident (Treaty Series 086/1980) and (Treaty Series 008/1983).

The then Defence Secretary Francis Pym made a statement to the House on the replacement of the UK’s Polaris strategic nuclear deterrent system with Trident. In that statement he confirmed that the capital cost of procuring Trident would be taken out of the existing defence budget. He added that the deterrent “is a weapons system, like any other weapons system” and will be accommodated within the defence budget “in the same way as Polaris was accommodated 10 to 20 years ago”. In terms of costs, he estimated at its peak Polaris will account for about 5% of the whole defence budget and 8% of the equipment part of the budget.

By the time of the 1998 Strategic Defence Review (SDR) the majority of costs associated with procuring Trident had been spent. The SDR subsequently put total acquisition expenditure on the Trident programme at £12.52 billion, which equates to approximately £18.7 billion in 2019-20 prices.

However, it should be noted that this did not represent a doubling of costs on the Trident programme. Once inflation over the period 1980-1998 is accounted for, according to the Treasury’s GDP deflator £5 billion in 1980 was worth approximately £12 billion in 1998.

If it is 205 billion then it's the cost of running Trident over it's lifespan, it's not an upfront payment.

How much have the Senedd spent on Cardiff airport? I know for sure it runs at a loss for every single passenger who uses it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024