Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok.Working class roll call 19:29 - Apr 20 with 2370 viewsonehunglow

As 8 Miles high seems to believe it is a prerequisite for this site ,why not have a roll call for those who care classed as such .

Better still,anyone middle class on here .Anyone brave enough.

Any Tory voter, anyone not voting labour..

Just what small minded people we have

Graded and degraded

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:43 - Apr 22 with 421 viewsonehunglow

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:35 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Upper classes don't discus class, they just look down.

I agree with that actually.

One could define those as the likes of Duke of Westminster and those left many hectares of land .

Locally,I would add Abersoch to that list not that yaching is particularly class ridden.There are 3 sailing clubs here and Swansea has-unless they 've gone as well.

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:49 - Apr 22 with 415 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:22 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

Holidays a fairer guide

Working Class.Benidorm/Palma Nova/Malia,Crete,Albufeira.For weekends,Budapest,Prague,Krakow.,Barcelona,Riga (cheap booze innit)

Middle Class. Italy,especially Tuscany and Puglia as fewer Brit go there so more interest at dinner parties, western Algarve(best place in Europe for me),Scottish Isles(especially home county types, Switzerland,Slovenia,South of France,Dordogne,

Upper Classes. Dont need holidays as they are for plebs.Innit

USA Canada Mexico Sri Lanka our last 4 holidays.

Evidently we’re not in any class at all.

None of this is relevant to me. I’ve never felt either advantaged or disadvantaged by whatever class I am deemed to be. I’ve got what I’ve got by hard work and if I could have done better that’s down to me as well.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ok.Working class roll call on 11:31 - Apr 22 with 389 viewsonehunglow

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:49 - Apr 22 by Joe_bradshaw

USA Canada Mexico Sri Lanka our last 4 holidays.

Evidently we’re not in any class at all.

None of this is relevant to me. I’ve never felt either advantaged or disadvantaged by whatever class I am deemed to be. I’ve got what I’ve got by hard work and if I could have done better that’s down to me as well.

And that is how we should feel about ourselves.
Trust me,I am seriously impressed with that post.

Credit to you ir

WE ARE FREE T BE WHAT WE WANT TO BE

Ok.Working class roll call on 12:22 - Apr 22 with 364 viewsYrAlarch

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:35 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Upper classes don't discus class, they just look down.

Like John Cleese in that sketch, perhaps it's because they are taller.
Ok.Working class roll call on 12:27 - Apr 22 with 364 viewsYrAlarch

Ok.Working class roll call on 09:46 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

Morning Alarch.
Are we cool?
I ll engage if you want?

Richie

As I previously asked OHL, but in a slightly different way, what is it about social class differences that leads to your obsession?
Ok.Working class roll call on 13:14 - Apr 22 with 339 views9MilesHigh

Ok.Working class roll call on 12:27 - Apr 22 by YrAlarch

As I previously asked OHL, but in a slightly different way, what is it about social class differences that leads to your obsession?

He's not allowed to speak in his old accent anymore.
Ok.Working class roll call on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 331 viewsonehunglow

Ok.Working class roll call on 12:27 - Apr 22 by YrAlarch

okSo we are.
I am no more obsessed than those ,and there are many on here ,posting abusing drivel to anyone who does not vote Labour.Anyone who doent is seen as "right wing" and therefore evil.

Read ,if you will,the constant references on here as regards "working class".It permeates most. The obsession is theirs.

Read what a poster wrote as regards being "posh" and being in the valleys.

You aren't dumb o you should get my drift..

Ok.Working class roll call on 14:55 - Apr 22 with 310 viewscontroversial_jack

i'm solid middle class. My occupation before my retirement, my financial situation, my education, all these are the indicators of social stratification.

The old stereotypes of class are no longer relevant. It hasn't so much to do with culture or where we take our holidays.

We may want to believe we are working class, but I would guess the majority on here are middle class to some extent.
Login to get fewer ads

Ok.Working class roll call on 00:22 - Apr 23 with 267 viewsKerouac

Ok.Working class roll call on 20:29 - Apr 20 by Catullus

Oh I'm tory again now then, changed that book again have we. I voted Labour most of the time, Libdems once, Captain beany looks good as do abolish but I never vote for Plaid Cymru as long as they make promises they can never keep.

I expect politicians to renege on manifestos but to put out a manifesto they can't deliver even if they really try is shocking.
Guaranteeing an indy ref within 5 years....lie.

They promise by 2030,

The Welsh economy will be locally owned and pay high wages
People will live longer, fitter lives in a heathier society
Racism, misogyny and other forms of discrimination and intolerance will be eradicated

All impossible promises, lies. Ho are they going to transform in 10 years what it's taken hundreds of years to build?

Any wonder people vote tory when the left wing party of Wales is promoting pipe dreams as a realistic chance.

Correct!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Ok.Working class roll call on 00:50 - Apr 23 with 253 viewsKeithHaynes

Ok.Working class roll call on 14:55 - Apr 22 by controversial_jack

i'm solid middle class. My occupation before my retirement, my financial situation, my education, all these are the indicators of social stratification.

The old stereotypes of class are no longer relevant. It hasn't so much to do with culture or where we take our holidays.

We may want to believe we are working class, but I would guess the majority on here are middle class to some extent.

Did you start as working class ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ok.Working class roll call on 09:03 - Apr 23 with 220 viewsonehunglow

Ok.Working class roll call on 00:50 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

Nobody starts as anything but class free.
Class is in the mind and nowhere else

Those who consider themselves as upper/upper middle are kidding themselves if they believe they are superior by assets.

Those "working class" are equally damned if they see the previous as in any way under privileged .

Being sent away at 7 to a cold boarding school to be abused by staff and older boys is no privilege and so is being brought up by Nanny. Unwanted kids .Posh or not.

Ok.Working class roll call on 10:53 - Apr 23 with 202 viewscontroversial_jack

Ok.Working class roll call on 00:50 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

I was brought up in a terraced house in the Neath area. Both parents were clerical workers and privately educated. Parents eventually bought the house, although for many years we lived in one room - I believe that was quite usual back then.There wasn't much money until my mother went back to work part time when we were older. I never went without.

I went to a secondary modern school, but unfortunately I didn't achieve a lot, but managed to get an Apprenticeship when i left school. I eventually got into the oil and chemical industry where i remained until i retired. I did a technical job which had lots of responsibility, although I never aspired to supervision - probably because i had different views to management.

I went to night school to gain technical qualifications and also did my A levels there.I also took advantage of any training courses within the company.

I have always voted Labour, my parents , grandparents did the same. I believe one of my relatives formed the local labour party. I still vote labour as i believe they are the only party for the working people and for the country.

That's basically my life story. Sorry, but I got carried away.

I don't know if that made me or still makes me working class, what do you think?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024