Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derek Chauvin 22:08 - Apr 20 with 4496 viewsCatullus

Guilty of unintentional second degree murder.

Guilty of 3rd degree murder.

Guilty of second degree manslaughter

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Derek Chauvin on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 1067 viewslondonlisa2001

Derek Chauvin on 17:20 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

Dont remember this being world news. What about it lisa from london. ?

Fact is police are fair game,both there and here.
Many crocodile tears are shed over police deaths especially from politicians.

Kill The Bill was displayed recently on banner here. Fkck the Police demos lauded over.

Yet,these people still go out there and do a filthy job that nobody else wants to do and to whom they give no support or respect. They are from the the community at large but in Teresa May's eyes are nothing special.

I truly wished they had the guts as an organisation to go on strike and let us see how us cretin cope without them.

What about what?

How exactly is a police officer getting killed (seemingly by an accidental round from his partner) in a shootout with some scum bag in any way similar to a police officer murdering someone by kneeling on their neck for 9 minutes?

No one can be this thick. I have to assume you’re making it up and are using the death of people to have a laugh on the Internet. Thick or sick. Which one?
Derek Chauvin on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 1044 viewslondonlisa2001

Derek Chauvin on 17:22 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

When out traveller chums killed the Police office down south the derisory sentences should have met with public outrage. Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes killings are long forgotten

Why is that ?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:25]

The killing of Andrew Harper did cause public outrage. And the murderer of the two police officers in Manchester was convicted and given life.

You seem unable to distinguish between the standards we expect from murderous thugs and the standards we expect from the police. Are you saying the two are indistinguishable and should be subject to the same level of public expectation? If not, why are you repeatedly comparing the two?
Derek Chauvin on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 1019 viewsCatullus

What? A surge in people killing police AND from watching the news an ongoing case of police shooting black people.

Is the USA on the brink? Are we going to see their gun culture and nervous/dodgy/criminal police officers tip them over the edge?

I loved my trips to the USA but I wouldn't want to go back now, it just seems too dangerous. I reckon if any tourist areas have problems that industry will take a big hit very quickly.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Derek Chauvin on 19:04 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsonehunglow

Derek Chauvin on 14:17 - Apr 21 by britferry

he's obviously going to appeal.

It was announced during the trial, that Floyds family had received a $27m payout from the Minneapolis from a civil lawsuit.

Plus the President stuck his oar in stating he was guilty

How can the President of the United States NOT influence a trial /verdict like that.

Biden shows incredible and worrying lack of judgement

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derek Chauvin on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsCatullus

Derek Chauvin on 19:04 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

How can the President of the United States NOT influence a trial /verdict like that.

Biden shows incredible and worrying lack of judgement

In big cases don't the Americans lock their juries away, no access to news/tv/media? Don't they put them in hotels and shuttle them back and forth all together so none of them can see or hear anything?

Or is that only on TV?

Derek Chauvin on 19:30 - Apr 21 with 989 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Derek Chauvin on 19:23 - Apr 21 by Catullus

In big cases don't the Americans lock their juries away, no access to news/tv/media? Don't they put them in hotels and shuttle them back and forth all together so none of them can see or hear anything?

Or is that only on TV?

Yes, that is the point. The jury would not have been aware of a word Biden said.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Derek Chauvin on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 977 viewsKeithHaynes

Derek Chauvin on 14:53 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Firstly Biden didn’t say anything at all until the jury had been sequestered so, by definition, it can have had no impact.

Secondly, of course it was a fair trial. You just think the police should be able to act in any way they choose. However heinous.

Thirdly the only one who was ‘as good as’ lynched was George Floyd.

And it wasn’t ‘black people’ that wanted ‘revenge’. It was all decent people who wanted justice. Not all of us are racists.

And I wouldn’t celebrate his death. I am absolutely against the death penalty (unlike you) and believe a sentence of him rotting in prison for the rest of his scummy life would be ideal.

You just can’t stop mentioning me can you. It really p*sses you off that I make you look so bloody small minded so frequently.

I’m unsure if this convicted ex police officer is a racist, was that proven ?
Forgive me if it was.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Derek Chauvin on 19:37 - Apr 21 with 975 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There is a YouTube channel which uploads all body camera footage that police forces across the USA release to the public when asked.

It is quite frankly astonishing what they not only have to put up with, but the split second decisions they are forced to make everyday. I have the utmost respect for all the officers who conduct their duty lawfully. I can't imagine what I would do if I was regularly forced to pursue people known to be armed with guns who could decide to shoot me at any moment - many of which do.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Derek Chauvin on 19:42 - Apr 21 with 969 viewsLohengrin

Derek Chauvin on 19:37 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Forgive me if it was.

I don’t believe anything of the sort was ever alleged by the courts but it was certainly an angle manufactured by the media and invested politicos with their constant references to “the white police officer...” nudge, nudge; wink, wink.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Derek Chauvin on 19:50 - Apr 21 with 954 viewsonehunglow

Forgive me if it was.

How we we determine just who is racist.Just listen to watch lisa says.
To be labelled racist now is arguably worse than paedophile and look how those are reviled .

No defence for sex assaults on minors at all because the offence is pretty much tangible.

Racism though ,different. Recent legislation has defined behaviour that constitute racism but one can surely be racist at home in private . Everyone is racist to a degree.People often prefer their own . Look at what is posted on here a regards Englishness.Clear ,pure racism. And meant with venom too.Nothing marginal about it..

One thing for sure,racism against whites especially in USA in the large cities with huge crime issues is significant.

All Lives Matter.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Derek Chauvin on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 908 viewslondonlisa2001

Forgive me if it was.

I didn’t say he was. Perch keeps repeating that it’s only black people that care. I’m pointing out that decent people of all colours care as we care about victims whether they be black or white.

I believe that the question of aggravation (was the murder caused by racism) will be decided by the judge in the sentencing phase. So that question hasn’t been answered as yet, one way or the other.
Derek Chauvin on 20:38 - Apr 21 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

Derek Chauvin on 19:42 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

I don’t believe anything of the sort was ever alleged by the courts but it was certainly an angle manufactured by the media and invested politicos with their constant references to “the white police officer...” nudge, nudge; wink, wink.

It’s a question raised during the sentencing phase Loh.

Now he’s been found guilty of murder, the next phase determines whether that was aggravated by racism. If it was, sentencing maximums are increased. The prosecution have asked for that, but it hasn’t been considered as yet. It’s a different phase of the trial. Chauvin had the choice of whether that would be determined by judge or jury and chose judge.
Derek Chauvin on 23:11 - Apr 21 with 842 viewsDJack

Derek Chauvin on 20:38 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Now he’s been found guilty of murder, the next phase determines whether that was aggravated by racism. If it was, sentencing maximums are increased. The prosecution have asked for that, but it hasn’t been considered as yet. It’s a different phase of the trial. Chauvin had the choice of whether that would be determined by judge or jury and chose judge.

Thank you for that tidbit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Derek Chauvin on 00:06 - Apr 22 with 814 viewsKeithHaynes

Derek Chauvin on 20:35 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t say he was. Perch keeps repeating that it’s only black people that care. I’m pointing out that decent people of all colours care as we care about victims whether they be black or white.

I believe that the question of aggravation (was the murder caused by racism) will be decided by the judge in the sentencing phase. So that question hasn’t been answered as yet, one way or the other.

Appreciated.

Derek Chauvin on 00:50 - Apr 22 with 805 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derek Chauvin on 19:42 - Apr 21 by Lohengrin

Correct.

It was negligent and extremely dangerous, he will pay the price. But racist? People are literally mad.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Derek Chauvin on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 687 viewsCatullus

I think he's screwed whoever he chose. This trial, it's not just about his guilt, most of us thought he was guilty from the footage. Politically now, the outcome was set to go a certain way. They want to pacify the black community.

If Chauvin had been found innocent there would literally have been murder.

Derek Chauvin on 23:34 - Apr 22 with 648 viewsKerouac

Derek Chauvin on 14:53 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

Firstly Biden didn’t say anything at all until the jury had been sequestered so, by definition, it can have had no impact.

Secondly, of course it was a fair trial. You just think the police should be able to act in any way they choose. However heinous.

Thirdly the only one who was ‘as good as’ lynched was George Floyd.

And it wasn’t ‘black people’ that wanted ‘revenge’. It was all decent people who wanted justice. Not all of us are racists.

And I wouldn’t celebrate his death. I am absolutely against the death penalty (unlike you) and believe a sentence of him rotting in prison for the rest of his scummy life would be ideal.

You just can’t stop mentioning me can you. It really p*sses you off that I make you look so bloody small minded so frequently.

How on earth can a jury have 'no reasonable doubt' when the man had 3 and a half times the required amount of Fentanyl in his system to kill him.
That was not justice, that was mob rule. Trust you to be cheering it on whilst pretending to be a nice, civilized person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Derek Chauvin on 23:36 - Apr 22 with 648 viewsKerouac

Derek Chauvin on 17:04 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

I have a nephew who live in West Palm Beach.
Everyone there knows that when stopped by Police attitude is all. Furthermore,all cops fear somebody reaching for a Saturday Night special from the glovebox which is why you go nowhere near .Whites are stopped as well as blacks in WPB. There are thoudands of black Police Officers serving and they have and will kill people. I repear that a killing of a white person by a black cop would no way resemble what Floyd's death did.Fact.

Living this side of the pond,we are of course clueless as to what isues face American police and this is down their dumbass tradition ,loved by Trump, of gun ownership. Cops face death every day. They screw up and pay the price as this fella will,and pay it he will.

We are seeing massive hypocrisy where people here are after blood ,yet these people preach peach and love and harmony.

We need equality for all.

Floyd was no angel and let's see more sickening eulogies about his loss. This does not take away the fact Chauvin has caused his death which might well have been avoided,although Floyd's physical condition with drugs in system didnt help.

Just who would want to police America. Now, we will see Police Officers being more responsible with prisoners,which is good.There as here they have a duty of care to prisoners,whether they are a simple thug or the paedophile everyone wants to castrate/electrocute or lethally inject.

If you're a criminal ,you should be treated exactly the same,whatever the colour

Superb post

Derek Chauvin on 23:44 - Apr 22 with 648 viewsKerouac

Derek Chauvin on 17:21 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

“ This does not take away the fact Chauvin has caused his death which might well have been avoided,although Floyd's physical condition with drugs in system didnt help. ”

He murdered him. Most murders could be avoided if the murderer didn’t, you know, murder the victim.

Stop making excuses, or pretending this was a case of a man being shot by a police officer (of whatever colour). It was a case where a police officer knelt on a man’s neck for over 9 minutes, murdering him, continuing long after he was any threat whatsoever to the police officer (If he ever was). Long after, even, he was unconscious.

Floyd wasn’t a criminal when this happened. He hadn’t been charged, wasn’t found guilty and convicted. He had used a forged twenty dollar bill. The shopkeeper thought without realising. He had done things in the past for which he had served his sentence. Unless I’m mistaken, the most recent of those was some time ago.

The police officer didn’t screw up, he murdered someone.

Incredibly stupid and naive.

If he complied with the arresting officers and got in the back of the car the policeman would not have been put in that position.
George Floyd is responsible for George Floyd's death....
- committing crime
- swallowing the remainder of his drug stash when the officers approached his car
- then refusing to cooperate with arresting officers
- then getting physical

All of these things plus Floyd foaming from the mouth led to the arresting officer HAVING to put him on the floor.

I just wish gobshites like you had to walk in American police officers shoes for a day. You would shiiit yourself.

Derek Chauvin on 23:54 - Apr 22 with 647 viewsKerouac

They have unearthed ZERO evidence that Chauvin was a racist. ZERO.

If he just fancied killing some black people that day he could have got his gun out, he could have arrested bystanders that were threatening him with violence and taken the opportunity to hurt them.
He was simply a man doing his job, the way he was trained to do it.

Floyd got arrested because he was committing crime, not because of his skin colour.
It escalated because he resisted arrest, not because he was black...his dealer (also black) who was present received no such treatment because;

a) he had not been bullying the young man who worked in the store and so the police had not been called to deal with him (despite his own use of counterfeit money in the same store that day).
and
b) he complied with police officers.

Chauvin and his multi ethnic crew of officers simply wanted Floyd to get in the car.

Not that any of that matters re: Floyd's appeal, AS THE RULE OF LAW HAS BROKEN DOWN IN THE USA NOW, THEY HAVE LEFT-WING, SCUMBAG, MOB RULE INSTEAD.

Derek Chauvin on 00:08 - Apr 23 with 639 viewsKerouac

Derek Chauvin on 17:22 - Apr 21 by onehunglow

When out traveller chums killed the Police office down south the derisory sentences should have met with public outrage. Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes killings are long forgotten

Why is that ?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 17:25]

Because the left couldn't use that murder to play their sly political games.

This is the age of irrationality (If you haven't got around to reading any Edmund Burke yet read 'Reflections on the Revolution in France (1790)'...we have been here before, multiple times).

You can't expect moral consistency from the left as they reject the notion of ethics (the following in bold italics is lifted from something I was reading earlier, I couldn't put it better myself)...
We currently live under a regime of left-wing moral imperialism.
As defined by the left itself, “moral imperialism is the imposition of a set of moral values onto a culture that does not share those values, either through force or through cultural criticism.”
In the past, the Western tradition allowed for a strong, confident conception of morality–of right and wrong. The tradition supplied both the concepts and conviction necessary to condemn clear injustices like murder, rape, and treason.
It’s impossible to imagine a political party perpetually debasing itself to prove that they are not murderers or rapists. Those crimes involve clear-cut wrongs which can be proven or disproven. Yet the right is perpetually debasing itself to prove that they are “not racist.”
This wave of moral inversion cannot be defeated by claiming that the left is failing to meet its own standards. It cannot be beaten by calling the left “the real racists” or by saying that those on the right are “the real feminists.” Their moral framework must be rejected entirely. Their cries of racism must be identified as disingenuous attacks by the immoral, who care not one bit for the long-term well-being of any race of people. The right must meet the left head-on with the goal of defeating and subduing it, and make a stand for virtue as its own end. For God, family, faith, reason, truth, justice, beauty, liberty, and law and order. The right must make a stand for civilization itself, on its own terms, with no concessions.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 0:09]

Derek Chauvin on 00:55 - Apr 23 with 619 viewsDr_Parnassus

I wonder how Tony Timpa’s family are feeling this morning.

I think it’s fair to say the only reason he didn’t get the justice he deserved and public backing was because he was white.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/3

Derek Chauvin on 01:35 - Apr 23 with 601 viewsKeithHaynes

Derek Chauvin on 00:55 - Apr 23 by Dr_Parnassus

I wonder how Tony Timpa’s family are feeling this morning.

I think it’s fair to say the only reason he didn’t get the justice he deserved and public backing was because he was white.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/3

It isn’t and never will be fashionable to identify with your link mate.
It’s very understandable why not, as much as the family of this person can’t understand why.

This is horrendous.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Derek Chauvin on 01:47 - Apr 23 with 588 viewsDr_Parnassus

Derek Chauvin on 01:35 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

It isn’t and never will be fashionable to identify with your link mate.
It’s very understandable why not, as much as the family of this person can’t understand why.

This is horrendous.

Sad isn’t it, that the skin colour of the victim needs clarification before people band together to be outraged.

It would be far better if everyone holds everyone to the same standards, regardless.

Derek Chauvin on 01:51 - Apr 23 with 581 viewsKeithHaynes

Derek Chauvin on 01:47 - Apr 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Sad isn’t it, that the skin colour of the victim needs clarification before people band together to be outraged.

It would be far better if everyone holds everyone to the same standards, regardless.

If only people could see your points in a more non judgemental way, well, in this case they maybe would leave their pollytricks to one side for a second or two. Just a view.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024