Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! 07:50 - Apr 21 with 1842 viewsThornburyswan

To save the club & it’s fans further national tv embarrassment across 2 play-off legs here’s what we need to happen :-

Step 1 Bournemouth, Reading & Barnsley to win tonight - drops us to 4th behind Bournemouth.

Step 2 On Saturday wins for Barnsley & Watford plus a draw between Bournemouth & Brentford - drops us to 6th as both Brentford & Barnsley roll on past & Watford confirmed as promoted.

Step 3 On Sunday we lose 1-0 with Reading scoring with an injury time peno, we do manage 1 attempt on target but cleared off the line - still 6th but only 3 points ahead of Reading with 2 games to go.

Step 4 On the penultimate match day Reading grab a late draw at Norwich but we ‘miss another chance to confirm a play-off spot’ by losing 0-2 at home to Rooney’s Derby to keep them up - still 6th but only 2 points ahead of Reading.

Step 5 On match day 46 we grab a point in a 3-3 thriller at Vicarage Rd with an Ayew hat-trick of penalties but Reading spank Huddersfield 4-0 at home to snatch 6th on goal difference - 7th spot grabbed, boom!
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 08:55 - Apr 21 with 1803 viewsnantywatcher

There is nothing about the club from top to bottom, that constitutes a Premier League club. We are a leftover mish - mash with no backbone or continuity left to build on. Unless something major happens in next couple of months we are lined up for a relegation battle next season.
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 09:04 - Apr 21 with 1793 viewsDr_Parnassus

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 08:55 - Apr 21 by nantywatcher

There is nothing about the club from top to bottom, that constitutes a Premier League club. We are a leftover mish - mash with no backbone or continuity left to build on. Unless something major happens in next couple of months we are lined up for a relegation battle next season.

Correct. We are incredibly average, we have played well above our level for a long, long time.

That’s why I’m not really mad at poor performances, I expect them to an extent. It’s pot luck whether a team can adapt to us or not.

Playing a winger as a striker and a right back as a CB. Youth with little experience in key positions and an incredibly weak bench. The fact we are 3rd is quite inconceivable really.

We should crawl over the line to make the playoffs, it would only require Reading to lose one of their games (or us win one of ours).

But comparing us with the likes of Bournemouth is quite stark, they have an embarrassment of riches and are streets ahead of us. I can only hope we play Barnsley over 2 legs where we have somewhat of a chance and hope for a miracle in the final.

But if the crazy does happen and we go up. I can’t think of a player that would comfortably make the step up that would still be contracted to the club. Connor Robs I guess.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 16:20 - Apr 21 with 1723 viewsbuilthjack

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 09:04 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Correct. We are incredibly average, we have played well above our level for a long, long time.

That’s why I’m not really mad at poor performances, I expect them to an extent. It’s pot luck whether a team can adapt to us or not.

Playing a winger as a striker and a right back as a CB. Youth with little experience in key positions and an incredibly weak bench. The fact we are 3rd is quite inconceivable really.

We should crawl over the line to make the playoffs, it would only require Reading to lose one of their games (or us win one of ours).

But comparing us with the likes of Bournemouth is quite stark, they have an embarrassment of riches and are streets ahead of us. I can only hope we play Barnsley over 2 legs where we have somewhat of a chance and hope for a miracle in the final.

But if the crazy does happen and we go up. I can’t think of a player that would comfortably make the step up that would still be contracted to the club. Connor Robs I guess.

Roberts. That really is it. Frightening.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 16:39 - Apr 21 with 1710 viewsReslovenSwan1

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 16:20 - Apr 21 by builthjack

Roberts. That really is it. Frightening.

Swansea need to produce a team that is more than the sum of iits parts. Potter was a good coach for Swansea but his players were drummed out by Cooper. Celina McKay John etc. even Courtney Baker Richardson made a useful contribution.

I do not agree that only Roberts woud be a PL player. Brighton currently are relatively safe but have very few standout players. Like Swansea their back three is impressive.

Dunk White and Webster. (Top classs)

Look at the 7 in fornt of them v Chelses

McAliaster Gross Veltman Bissouma Burn (no great shakes)

Welbeck Trousard (average PL players).

This team should be rock bottom but it is not. They are a team that is more than the sum of their parts. Consistent wek on week.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 16:41]

Wise sage since Toshack era

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:19 - Apr 21 with 1672 viewsJoe_bradshaw

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 16:39 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea need to produce a team that is more than the sum of iits parts. Potter was a good coach for Swansea but his players were drummed out by Cooper. Celina McKay John etc. even Courtney Baker Richardson made a useful contribution.

I do not agree that only Roberts woud be a PL player. Brighton currently are relatively safe but have very few standout players. Like Swansea their back three is impressive.

This team should be rock bottom but it is not. They are a team that is more than the sum of their parts. Consistent wek on week.

Bissouma no great shakes?

The boy is absolutely outstanding and a move to a big club can’t be far away.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:41 - Apr 21 with 1645 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 16:39 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Bissouma is one of, if not their best player and will be playing for a team in Europe soon enough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:51 - Apr 21 with 1626 viewsReslovenSwan1

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:41 - Apr 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Bissouma is one of, if not their best player and will be playing for a team in Europe soon enough.

Yes but well developed in house. Signed from Lille for a relativly modest fee believed to be £15m and given time to develop. No reason why Swansea could not sign such a playing if the club got to the PL.

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:07 - Apr 21 with 1610 viewsmonmouth

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:51 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes but well developed in house. Signed from Lille for a relativly modest fee believed to be £15m and given time to develop. No reason why Swansea could not sign such a playing if the club got to the PL.

Yeah, like Jenko did...Basto and Clucas, plus Ayew and Bony. He’s lucky Rodgers knew Sigurdsson and Laudrup and Tutu brought the Spaniards. As soon as he decided he was DoF it all turned to shit.

Where did Bissouma come from? Would he be Brexit barred now?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:35 - Apr 21 with 1587 viewsThornburyswan

B’muff 2 up early so good start to step 1.
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:51 - Apr 21 with 1571 viewsReslovenSwan1

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:07 - Apr 21 by monmouth

Yeah, like Jenko did...Basto and Clucas, plus Ayew and Bony. He’s lucky Rodgers knew Sigurdsson and Laudrup and Tutu brought the Spaniards. As soon as he decided he was DoF it all turned to shit.

Where did Bissouma come from? Would he be Brexit barred now?

Ayew first time free transfer Bony first time £12m. Sold for £48m. Yes really shocking business that!.

Jenkins got Sigi second time around for £8m. Jenkins trusted his manager's judgement with Laudrup and Rodgers for sure. That is good sensible business. Guidolin wanted Llorente. It went badly wrong with Clement with Sanches but he is doing OK now.

Jenkins position did not change. Transfers were part club and part manager. It worked well in the main. Martinez did not sign Bodde. He was chairman with a head of recriutment that liked to keep a very low profile Ledbeater, Just as Winter has Scott.

Bissoumana is a Mali international so not affected by Brexit. Will probabluy need a number of caps.

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 20:09 - Apr 21 with 1528 viewspencoedjack

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:35 - Apr 21 by Thornburyswan

B’muff 2 up early so good start to step 1.

In my humble opinion will win the play offs, best side I have seen this season.

As long as Brentford don’t go up.
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 20:33 - Apr 21 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

and a Bournemouth team that sacked the manager who HAD done well.

HAD the key word.

Bournemouth back in the Prem . FFS

Bournemouth.Think about that folks.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 21:04 - Apr 21 with 1490 viewsReslovenSwan1

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 20:09 - Apr 21 by pencoedjack

In my humble opinion will win the play offs, best side I have seen this season.

As long as Brentford don’t go up.

A silly attitude to take, Brentford are like Swansea and live within their means. You may not like Frank but fhe is the perfect Swansea manager. Frank came up the Danish system and Cooper the English system. Chalk and cheese. Cooper appears to have flogged the team ignores sport science and has a disfynctional relationship wth the recruitment team. Frank appears to be the opposite.

The competed hard and beat Swansea fair and square in the play offs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:07]

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 22:22 - Apr 21 with 1408 viewspencoedjack

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 21:04 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

A silly attitude to take, Brentford are like Swansea and live within their means. You may not like Frank but fhe is the perfect Swansea manager. Frank came up the Danish system and Cooper the English system. Chalk and cheese. Cooper appears to have flogged the team ignores sport science and has a disfynctional relationship wth the recruitment team. Frank appears to be the opposite.

The competed hard and beat Swansea fair and square in the play offs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 21:07]

Nothing to do with Franks although I don’t like him much either.

Fans who seem to have a dislike for my football club (you’ve seen the threads on here I presume) who have suddenly started believing they have a right to be in the PL.

Anyway who the feck are you to tell me who I don’t want to get promoted
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 09:23 - Apr 22 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 22:22 - Apr 21 by pencoedjack

Nothing to do with Franks although I don’t like him much either.

Fans who seem to have a dislike for my football club (you’ve seen the threads on here I presume) who have suddenly started believing they have a right to be in the PL.

Anyway who the feck are you to tell me who I don’t want to get promoted

I would have aid that myself Pen but Im too nice.

Brentford is a craphole to visit as a fan and nobody in their right mind would go there apart from football.

Franks is similiar to Cooper as they are both grotesque;Steve with his hands in pockets insouchiance and Franks chewing like a Camel .

I don't like Bournemouth either.

Right now,I don't really like anyone.Steve has killed football for me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 17:07 - Apr 24 with 1147 viewsThornburyswan

Steps 1 & 2 broadly delivered so we have now slid to 6th spot - however with Brentford’s win at B’muff earlier today it creates an interesting scenario for Cooper & the boys :-

1. Whilst we have slid to 6th spot If you look at it from a positive perspective a win tomorrow at Reading moves us back up to 3rd - albeit we would need a big favour from Rotherham to retain it after Brentford’s game in hand on Tuesday night.

2. The ‘meh’ option is a draw at Reading which would confirm us a play-off spot & back up to 5th spot.

3. The edge of the seat option would be a defeat at Reading - particularly if by 2/3 goals - which whilst leaving us 6th would close the gap to Reading to 5 points with both of us having 2 games left to play.

Let’s see what Cooper does, for me more about his formation & style of play rather than the team he selects.
7th Spot Watch - we can do this! on 18:00 - Apr 24 with 1092 viewsReslovenSwan1

"Anyway who the feck are you to tell me who I don’t want to get promoted".

I am the Swan from Resolven thats who. I do not tell people what they want or do not want. I offer a logic based view on who I want to go up. I would prefere Brentford to got up as they are sustainable and have worked hard. Bournemouth have been waste ful and living off debt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024