Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2605 viewsSwansIndependent

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat 21st Apr 2021 09:11
A sombre Steve Cooper greeted the press after yet another loss at home to a side who had nothing really to achieve apart from pride. Maybe that’s the word that is missing, maybe the players who wore a white shirt against QPR have lost their pride or respect for who and what they are ? Steve Cooper must now realise there is now a majority who would like him to move on from the club, we disagree here, but this is your website and it’s pretty overwhelming overall. 0

Click above 👍
Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:33 - Apr 21 with 1141 viewsCatullus

I watched until 2.10 and I couldn't stomach any more. He says we lost control and composure which isn't like us.....yes it is and it has been for months, 2 games aside. He also (it seemed to me) made out QPR only created chances later on in the second half which is complete nonsense.
He went on to say he didn't know the Watford score, that really got my gears grinding. We needed a win and our direct rivals had kicked off earlier and he reckons he didn't know the score? I call BS, either he's lying or he actually is totally incometent?
Did the players know,again he says he doesn't know, how can he not know? If any of the players know they would surely have mentioned it, have talked about it, unless of course he's completely lost the dressing room and nobody is telling him anything?
He is/has thrown away a great chance by being a coward, negative tactics, poor substitutions, it's just poor....bad....terrible!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:33 - Apr 21 with 1140 viewsThornburyswan

What concerns me is I genuinely think he believes if Routs or Smith had stuck their chance away in the first half everything would have been peachy - to me he consistently looks like a kid who just moved up to big school & has no clue what’s going on all around him or where to go for the next lesson.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:41 - Apr 21 with 1130 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:33 - Apr 21 by Thornburyswan

What concerns me is I genuinely think he believes if Routs or Smith had stuck their chance away in the first half everything would have been peachy - to me he consistently looks like a kid who just moved up to big school & has no clue what’s going on all around him or where to go for the next lesson.

To be fair if we had put those chances away I think we would have gone onto win comfortably. QPR were actually alot weaker than I thought they would be, the right back for example looked like he had won a competition to play in the match.

The insistence to play Roberts in a winger role is mind boggling, I understand why he did it the once, but it was clear within the first half hour of Wycombe game it wasn't working, he had no idea what he was doing. To not change it half time was bad enough but to persist with it the game after is unforgivable.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:44 - Apr 21 with 1122 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:41 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

To be fair if we had put those chances away I think we would have gone onto win comfortably. QPR were actually alot weaker than I thought they would be, the right back for example looked like he had won a competition to play in the match.

The insistence to play Roberts in a winger role is mind boggling, I understand why he did it the once, but it was clear within the first half hour of Wycombe game it wasn't working, he had no idea what he was doing. To not change it half time was bad enough but to persist with it the game after is unforgivable.

Agree.

Our problem is the strikers we have aren’t the type to be able to hold the ball up, bring others into the game and then finish the chances off. So Steve is compromising with the likes of Routledge who can do the above to some extent but isn’t a natural finisher. So either way we are missing a key part of the role.

Between that and the much discussed Naughton issue are the main problems I have with the side at the moment.

Both appear to have hurt us yesterday, significantly.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:44 - Apr 21 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:33 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I watched until 2.10 and I couldn't stomach any more. He says we lost control and composure which isn't like us.....yes it is and it has been for months, 2 games aside. He also (it seemed to me) made out QPR only created chances later on in the second half which is complete nonsense.
He went on to say he didn't know the Watford score, that really got my gears grinding. We needed a win and our direct rivals had kicked off earlier and he reckons he didn't know the score? I call BS, either he's lying or he actually is totally incometent?
Did the players know,again he says he doesn't know, how can he not know? If any of the players know they would surely have mentioned it, have talked about it, unless of course he's completely lost the dressing room and nobody is telling him anything?
He is/has thrown away a great chance by being a coward, negative tactics, poor substitutions, it's just poor....bad....terrible!

If you check out his previous speeches,you will find exactly the same script.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 1105 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:44 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Agree.

Our problem is the strikers we have aren’t the type to be able to hold the ball up, bring others into the game and then finish the chances off. So Steve is compromising with the likes of Routledge who can do the above to some extent but isn’t a natural finisher. So either way we are missing a key part of the role.

Between that and the much discussed Naughton issue are the main problems I have with the side at the moment.

Both appear to have hurt us yesterday, significantly.

Cullen isn't a hold the ball up player no, he's a finisher, he want s the bal in front of him. Whittaker is more of a hold up type b ut even so he too is looking to shoot whenever possible.
If Cooper had anything about him he'd have put Whittaker up front as the central striker and used Ayew/Lowe/Routs to supply him AND last night, I asked it already, why didn't he put Whittaker on until 4 minutes left?

Routs at 36 years old is expected to put in a shift for 71 minutes even though he's failed miserably in front of goal and our very promisisng young guns are left warming the bench? It's complete incompetence, stupidity on a grand scale. We should be going down fighting but we are going out with a whimper.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:00 - Apr 21 with 1084 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:56 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Cullen isn't a hold the ball up player no, he's a finisher, he want s the bal in front of him. Whittaker is more of a hold up type b ut even so he too is looking to shoot whenever possible.
If Cooper had anything about him he'd have put Whittaker up front as the central striker and used Ayew/Lowe/Routs to supply him AND last night, I asked it already, why didn't he put Whittaker on until 4 minutes left?

Routs at 36 years old is expected to put in a shift for 71 minutes even though he's failed miserably in front of goal and our very promisisng young guns are left warming the bench? It's complete incompetence, stupidity on a grand scale. We should be going down fighting but we are going out with a whimper.

Steve is no fighter though is he.

Ive said before ,young Whittaker has made a big mistake coming to us. His agent needs shooting. Cooper will crush him as he did Celina and Petersen

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:12 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 09:56 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Yep, Cullen is a fox in the box type player. He seems to have a good eye for positioning and can finish in one touch.

I’m not sold on Whittaker at all yet, he’s decision making is very poor and is extremely lightweight on the ball. Many see him shooting wherever possible as a strength, I’ve seen it a few times now. I don’t at all, it’s one of his biggest flaws.

The lack of Ayew’s link up and a focal point up front was clear in the positions we found ourselves in. Would it have been better to put Whittaker there? Maybe, but I don’t see his presence being able to solve the problems we faced.

Take a look at this, I have circled the two key standout areas we look weak in:-

That says attacking midfield link play missing and a striker that can make the ball stick. Which is what we said was going to be the problem when we didn’t get a proper front man in and MGW went back.

Compare that to QPR who clearly had the ball in the right areas. They were able to play the ball in our final 3rd and make it stick and defensively keep the hot zone in a fairly safe area outside the penalty area.

(Obviously the arrow shows direction of attack).
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:12]

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:18 - Apr 21 with 1055 viewsDr_Winston

We need to move away from the narrative that performances have been poor only since the Norwich game. Dour displays have been the standard under Cooper, not a recent development.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 1042 viewsCatullus

You rely heavily on stats and data, most of the rest of us are going by what we watched, what we saw with our own eyes.

You may not be convinced by Whittaker but how can he prove himself if he only ever gets 5 minutes at the end? How can he adjust, acclimatise and learn?

When we found out at half time Watford had won, it was the ideal time to put our young strikers on and simply say, have a go, do your best, there's no pressure because we've nothing to lose.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:26 - Apr 21 with 1037 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:12 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep, Cullen is a fox in the box type player. He seems to have a good eye for positioning and can finish in one touch.

I’m not sold on Whittaker at all yet, he’s decision making is very poor and is extremely lightweight on the ball. Many see him shooting wherever possible as a strength, I’ve seen it a few times now. I don’t at all, it’s one of his biggest flaws.

The lack of Ayew’s link up and a focal point up front was clear in the positions we found ourselves in. Would it have been better to put Whittaker there? Maybe, but I don’t see his presence being able to solve the problems we faced.

Take a look at this, I have circled the two key standout areas we look weak in:-

That says attacking midfield link play missing and a striker that can make the ball stick. Which is what we said was going to be the problem when we didn’t get a proper front man in and MGW went back.

Compare that to QPR who clearly had the ball in the right areas. They were able to play the ball in our final 3rd and make it stick and defensively keep the hot zone in a fairly safe area outside the penalty area.

Problem is Ayew playing in the centre of the attacking three he drops way too deep and it stifles us massively as it did against Preston at home.

He needs to be on the right side of it with Lowe on the other. Routledge can't play two games in a week so we need to trust one of the others. I'd go for Cullen personally who is an out and out striker.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:30 - Apr 21 with 1027 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:23 - Apr 21 by Catullus

You rely heavily on stats and data, most of the rest of us are going by what we watched, what we saw with our own eyes.

You may not be convinced by Whittaker but how can he prove himself if he only ever gets 5 minutes at the end? How can he adjust, acclimatise and learn?

When we found out at half time Watford had won, it was the ideal time to put our young strikers on and simply say, have a go, do your best, there's no pressure because we've nothing to lose.

Sadly a lot of people get what they watched completely wrong, data usually flags that immediately. People see what they want to see often.

I describe what I watch then use data to demonstrate what I saw was actually true and not what I wanted to see (unless I miss the game obviously). That’s what professional teams do up and down the land which takes the “what we saw” and elevates it to a more detailed and factual area.

You may have felt you saw some wonderful play in our attacking 3rd emanating from our CF, however if that’s what you thought you saw the heat map of our play shows what you thought you saw wasn’t correct. We couldn’t hold onto the ball in the final 3rd, that’s clear.

Whittaker has had almost 30 appearances in the Championship and scored 1. He gets a chance every single day in training, if he isn’t showing he is deserving of a starting spot then I’m not sure why he should be handed one. I’ve certainly not seen much in him to suggest he deserved to start. As I said his decision making is awful, link up play poor and incredibly lightweight - but he was signed for the future so unfair to judge really.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 1014 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:12 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Hahahhahahahah dear me Rainman

You do realise QPR played...

Midfielders in midfield
Attackers in attack

We set up with 8 defensive players plus Freddie AGAIN....!!!

We didn't need to, Cooper chose to, that's why most fans want him gone.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:37 - Apr 21 with 1008 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:34 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

Hahahhahahahah dear me Rainman

You do realise QPR played...

Midfielders in midfield
Attackers in attack

We set up with 8 defensive players plus Freddie AGAIN....!!!

We didn't need to, Cooper chose to, that's why most fans want him gone.

We ve also had 5 utterly left footed players in the same team at the same time,all unable to do more than stand on their right foot. Chuck in the fact the Routledge and Lowe and utterly right footed and you should see a thread there.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:39 - Apr 21 with 1008 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:26 - Apr 21 by 34dfgdf54

Problem is Ayew playing in the centre of the attacking three he drops way too deep and it stifles us massively as it did against Preston at home.

He needs to be on the right side of it with Lowe on the other. Routledge can't play two games in a week so we need to trust one of the others. I'd go for Cullen personally who is an out and out striker.

We agree again.

Cooper made three mistakes yesterday.

1. Didn’t start Cullen (but can see why he didn’t)
2. Started Naughton
3. Started Roberts on the wing.

1. Demonstrated above, we had no natural striker possession, Cullen may have provided that and of course we all know he can finish.

2. We have done this to death with regards to Naughton, but the goal is so avoidable with a natural CB there with natural CB instincts and positioning.

Naughton can play as a CB, Routledge can play as a CF... but both will be exposed far more often than they should be as they won’t possess these natural instincts.

Routledge missing those chances is self explanatory, the first touch from Lowes ball, a natural striker has been in that situation thousands of times before in his life and knows exactly what to do. We are suffering in front of goal without that natural striker that can hold the ball up.

Much of our chances appear to have been in the 6 yard box, but we can’t finish.

In defence we are struggling since the new year. Our defence without the ball looks disjointed, they aren’t reading each other and Naughton is stand out in that regards.

Here is a prime example with the goal.

The defensive line is in tact and in good shape here allowing the holding midfielder to press the man with the ball. Naughton tight on his man. All as it should be with limited danger.

The ball carrier looks to break the DM line and Bennett steps forward to meet the onrushing attacker. Naughtons instincts aren’t there, doesn’t sense what is happening and is completely flat footed to the striker moving into the space vacated by Bennett, he just leaves him go. The second Bennett steps up Naughtons alarm bells should be pinging everywhere.

He doesn’t react until the striker has created huge space between them, collected the ball after the pass and by that time it’s all too late, Naughton scrambling and it’s in the back of the net.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:50]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:39 - Apr 21 with 999 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:18 - Apr 21 by Dr_Winston

We need to move away from the narrative that performances have been poor only since the Norwich game. Dour displays have been the standard under Cooper, not a recent development.

I agree but there's been a distinct downturn since then as well.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:51 - Apr 21 with 982 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:30 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Sadly a lot of people get what they watched completely wrong, data usually flags that immediately. People see what they want to see often.

I describe what I watch then use data to demonstrate what I saw was actually true and not what I wanted to see (unless I miss the game obviously). That’s what professional teams do up and down the land which takes the “what we saw” and elevates it to a more detailed and factual area.

You may have felt you saw some wonderful play in our attacking 3rd emanating from our CF, however if that’s what you thought you saw the heat map of our play shows what you thought you saw wasn’t correct. We couldn’t hold onto the ball in the final 3rd, that’s clear.

Whittaker has had almost 30 appearances in the Championship and scored 1. He gets a chance every single day in training, if he isn’t showing he is deserving of a starting spot then I’m not sure why he should be handed one. I’ve certainly not seen much in him to suggest he deserved to start. As I said his decision making is awful, link up play poor and incredibly lightweight - but he was signed for the future so unfair to judge really.

I may have felt I saw some wonderful play.....NO, no I didn;t. I saw Routledge waste a golden chance, I saw poor passing, poor movement but hardly anything good.

Morgan Whittaker has 18 Championship appearances totalling 502 minutes which averages around 27 minutes per game but he's had a few starts, mostly he's had a few minutes at the end AND importantly, he's been played out wide a lot. He's had 3 PL 2, 2 Caraboa and 1 FA cup appearance which totals 24, seems you also use data to mislead to try and prove your point, why bump his appearnaces up and say almost? It's disnigenuous. They weren't even all first team games, 18 is nowhere near "almost 30" it's close to 45% short.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:57 - Apr 21 with 965 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:51 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I may have felt I saw some wonderful play.....NO, no I didn;t. I saw Routledge waste a golden chance, I saw poor passing, poor movement but hardly anything good.

Morgan Whittaker has 18 Championship appearances totalling 502 minutes which averages around 27 minutes per game but he's had a few starts, mostly he's had a few minutes at the end AND importantly, he's been played out wide a lot. He's had 3 PL 2, 2 Caraboa and 1 FA cup appearance which totals 24, seems you also use data to mislead to try and prove your point, why bump his appearnaces up and say almost? It's disnigenuous. They weren't even all first team games, 18 is nowhere near "almost 30" it's close to 45% short.

Then what you saw and what the stats and data suggest, that I have presented - is exactly the same.

What do you mean why bump his appearances up? I said 30, I actually counted 33, I under-stated it if anything.

If they aren’t Championship appearances then I stand corrected, nothing misleading about it. My point remains though. If they aren’t championship appearances then it’s more than likely to be cup games against even lower opposition.

My point being he hasn’t shown anything to warrant a start. What you are advocating for is a gamble as opposed to giving someone a start based on merit.

Edit, I don’t stand corrected. I have since looked and he has had 34 championship appearances to date. I understated it, not overstated it.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:05]

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:58 - Apr 21 with 955 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:30 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That's the last thing Rainman does, he scours stats sites trying to shoehorn any old myth and replays the game back in his mind from the stats.

He doesn't watch us yet he's the expert brought into analyse our performances.

He recalls the Cardiff away game as one where we played well, he said so yesterday.

Please see the heatmap for that game -

Does anyone see a difference?
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:59 - Apr 21 with 962 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:39 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

I agree but there's been a distinct downturn since then as well.

Certainly seems to be the culmination of the road he's had us on in much the same way as the last several months of the tenures of both Monk and Clement.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:03 - Apr 21 with 952 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:58 - Apr 21 by 9MilesHigh

That's the last thing Rainman does, he scours stats sites trying to shoehorn any old myth and replays the game back in his mind from the stats.

He doesn't watch us yet he's the expert brought into analyse our performances.

He recalls the Cardiff away game as one where we played well, he said so yesterday.

Please see the heatmap for that game -

Does anyone see a difference?

We did play well.

We dominated possession keeping the ball away from them and destroying them on the wings. We had no hold up play though as we didn’t play a natural striker.

The heat map you have kindly provided shows exactly that.

When I said you need to work harder I meant it you know. Take a break, compose yourself, put your obsession with me in perspective and then maybe you can add some value to discussions instead of making yourself look silly falling over yourself to say anything you can think of about your new found hero.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:08 - Apr 21 with 942 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:57 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Then what you saw and what the stats and data suggest, that I have presented - is exactly the same.

What do you mean why bump his appearances up? I said 30, I actually counted 33, I under-stated it if anything.

If they aren’t Championship appearances then I stand corrected, nothing misleading about it. My point remains though. If they aren’t championship appearances then it’s more than likely to be cup games against even lower opposition.

My point being he hasn’t shown anything to warrant a start. What you are advocating for is a gamble as opposed to giving someone a start based on merit.

Edit, I don’t stand corrected. I have since looked and he has had 34 championship appearances to date. I understated it, not overstated it.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 11:05]

Football is a gamble, whether you sign a striker for 10 million or 100k, you have no guarantee. These players must have earned a chance, if they were absolutely not good enough they wouldn't be in the first team squad. Whittaker is very highly rated which is why we signed him.
Regardless, when you are failing on the pitch do you carry on failing or try to change it? When you are playing wide players as central strikers and they are playing poorly, do you not use a substitute? If what is on the pitch is failing to score how much worse can it be?

Lastly, what was the point in Putting Whittaker on with 4 minutes left? What benefit was it to anybody? Whittaker isn't going to learn from it (apart from maybe that even when we're rubbish Cooper won't use him) and he was hardly going to affect the game in 4 minutes.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:09 - Apr 21 with 931 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 10:39 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We agree again.

Cooper made three mistakes yesterday.

1. Didn’t start Cullen (but can see why he didn’t)
2. Started Naughton
3. Started Roberts on the wing.

1. Demonstrated above, we had no natural striker possession, Cullen may have provided that and of course we all know he can finish.

2. We have done this to death with regards to Naughton, but the goal is so avoidable with a natural CB there with natural CB instincts and positioning.

Naughton can play as a CB, Routledge can play as a CF... but both will be exposed far more often than they should be as they won’t possess these natural instincts.

Routledge missing those chances is self explanatory, the first touch from Lowes ball, a natural striker has been in that situation thousands of times before in his life and knows exactly what to do. We are suffering in front of goal without that natural striker that can hold the ball up.

Much of our chances appear to have been in the 6 yard box, but we can’t finish.

In defence we are struggling since the new year. Our defence without the ball looks disjointed, they aren’t reading each other and Naughton is stand out in that regards.

Here is a prime example with the goal.

The defensive line is in tact and in good shape here allowing the holding midfielder to press the man with the ball. Naughton tight on his man. All as it should be with limited danger.

The ball carrier looks to break the DM line and Bennett steps forward to meet the onrushing attacker. Naughtons instincts aren’t there, doesn’t sense what is happening and is completely flat footed to the striker moving into the space vacated by Bennett, he just leaves him go. The second Bennett steps up Naughtons alarm bells should be pinging everywhere.

He doesn’t react until the striker has created huge space between them, collected the ball after the pass and by that time it’s all too late, Naughton scrambling and it’s in the back of the net.

[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 10:50]

No, no, no, no, no...... stick with tennis Ad.

Bidwell gets dragged out, fair enough, no qualms
Guehi shifts left to cover Bidwell
Bidwell ends up running with Adoma, almost touch tight.

BENNETT LEAVES THE AREA

BENNETT!!!!

He gets dragged to the ball like dull centre halves do too often

Naughton tries to play for offside but Guehi plays him on.

Naughton had to stay where he is because if Bennet hadn't come drawn to the ball, Adomah would have had Naughton's space for a clear shot on goal.

Had Bennett stood his ground Adomah would have run right across the 18 yard line with no gaps or sights on goal, or if he had played that dink pass it would have gone straight to Bennett.

Understand the game.
Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:13 - Apr 21 with 920 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:08 - Apr 21 by Catullus

Football is a gamble, whether you sign a striker for 10 million or 100k, you have no guarantee. These players must have earned a chance, if they were absolutely not good enough they wouldn't be in the first team squad. Whittaker is very highly rated which is why we signed him.
Regardless, when you are failing on the pitch do you carry on failing or try to change it? When you are playing wide players as central strikers and they are playing poorly, do you not use a substitute? If what is on the pitch is failing to score how much worse can it be?

Lastly, what was the point in Putting Whittaker on with 4 minutes left? What benefit was it to anybody? Whittaker isn't going to learn from it (apart from maybe that even when we're rubbish Cooper won't use him) and he was hardly going to affect the game in 4 minutes.

Football is a mixture of calculated gambles, not all out punts. I can certainly see why he thought Routledge was a better option than Whittaker, I still think he probably is. Is he a better option than Cullen though? That’s a calculated gamble I would advocate him playing. Cullen has shown more than enough, clever movement and deadly finishing.

Whittaker is rated as one for the future and we’re getting a good dead due to Derby’s financial problems, we most certainly did not sign him to be our striker for the rest of the season. He’s had more game time than I expected him to have already.

We were 1-0 down, the more attacking minded players we had on the pitch the better. At a goal down, there isn’t really anything to lose. Doing that prior to going a goal down though may well have exposed us elsewhere and weakened our chance to win.

Like it or not we seemed to create more than enough chances to win yesterday.

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:13 - Apr 21 with 911 views9MilesHigh

Steve Cooper looks lost for words after QPR defeat on 11:03 - Apr 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We did play well.

We dominated possession keeping the ball away from them and destroying them on the wings. We had no hold up play though as we didn’t play a natural striker.

The heat map you have kindly provided shows exactly that.

When I said you need to work harder I meant it you know. Take a break, compose yourself, put your obsession with me in perspective and then maybe you can add some value to discussions instead of making yourself look silly falling over yourself to say anything you can think of about your new found hero.

So we played well in the Cardiff game (did you even watch that?)

And we played crap in the QPR game (we know you didn't watch that)

Yet you have presented the reason for the crap game v QPR by means of a heatmap, of all things.

But the game we did play well in, one that this weirdo has advocated as a reason to believe in Cooper, has exactly the same gaps in AM and CF yet it's a different story.

Are we all noticing a pattern now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024