Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTER SHOW PARTY 10:30 - Apr 21 with 14240 viewsNotLoyal

By the time this game gets underway it could be all over, the swans now have the play offs ahead of them IF they can get something from this game or go through the mill against Derby County. Either way Cooper has lost the fans at Swansea, what can he do now ?

Apart from watch Bournemouth go third.

Reading v Swansea City
Mad Stad apparently
Sunday April 25th 2021
Kick off 12.30pm or as some say 12pm.
Probably doesn’t matter anyway

Match Officials
SIMON HOOPER
Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Is it on the tv ?
Of course it bloody is, insomniacs need some form of treatment

Numerous swans fans have decided to make the most of the weekend by not watching the utter nonsense that has been served up by this overpaid bunch of dickheads. There we go, a member of the team here who wants them all bloody out ! I’ve had enough, even when I’m at home it costs me to watch this rubbish, I’m tired, but I get up everyday, put in maximum effort, then I’m tired again, we push on. Elite athletes, oh please shut up.

Sorry Steve, but I can’t watch it any more, my eyes are bleeding

Reading - The real truth
Reading FC have a car park which takes three years to get out of. However not on this occasion. They were the first town to have a Little Thief in 1958. They are also the largest town in the U.K. to not have city status. More old ladies fall over and end up in hospital in Reading than any where else in the country. This is believed to be caused by a lack of spinach in their diet. As previously reported Ayrton Senna lived in Reading, he may have been born there if it wasn’t for the fact he was born somewhere else. He was a regular at “The iffy Gentleman pub” in Tilehurst for well over a month. His favourite food at the time was an emergency biscuit.

A Little Thief restaurant yesterday

In the spirit of solidarity with the ladies Edith Morley was appointed as Professor of English Language at the University College of Reading in 1908. This was a fantastic moment for Edith who it is believed never, ever fell over as she loved Popeye.

Most spoon bending lunatics live in Reading, Uri Geller the first man in space in the sixties Is the best known bender in the world, he makes balls move too.

Cooper drops next season hint as the swans prepare for Reading away - Saturday Edition 24th Apr 2021 09:57
The swans travel to Reading on Sunday looking for the one point needed to secure a promotion play off place. As happened last season it’s Reading again that provide the opposition, the royals need to win for a last gasp opportunity to keep their play off hopes alive. 2

Reading: Rafael Cabral, Omar Richards, Liam Moore (captain), Andy Rinohmota, John Swift, Yakou Meite, Ovie Ejaria, Andy Yiadom, Lucas Joao, Josh Laurent, Tom Holmes.

Substitutes: Luke Southwood, Tomas Esteves, Michael Olise, Sam Baldock, Lewis Gibson, Sone Aluko, Alfa Semedo, Dejan Tetek, George Puscas.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Korey Smith, Andre Ayew, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Connor Roberts, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Simon Hooper

Swansea City turn on the second half style and qualify for the play offs again 25th Apr 2021 14:50
From the start it seemed the same old swans, that is bar a few glimpses of hope had turned up at Reading today. The positivity swans fans had before the game almost disappeared when Reading went one up. However, in true swans fashion it was to be a roller coaster from beginning to end. The swans are in the play offs again by damn ! 1

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 1785 viewsmonmouth

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:05 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

I take no delight in it, unlike me, I’m generally the most positive person when it comes to the swans but it’s taken it’s toll in 2021.

Got to hope that for three genuine 'tournament' games in the play offs they can recover the small purple patch we had in the Reading, Watford, Norwich games at Xmas.

I'm certainly not building my hopes up, but it is is possible.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 1766 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:32 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Got to hope that for three genuine 'tournament' games in the play offs they can recover the small purple patch we had in the Reading, Watford, Norwich games at Xmas.

I'm certainly not building my hopes up, but it is is possible.

It is possible there are aliens in Aberdare

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Apr 22 with 1731 viewsmonmouth

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:34 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

It is possible there are aliens in Aberdare

And Llanelli, I've met them.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Apr 22 with 1726 viewsBadlands

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Team for Sunday v Reading

Hamer

Roberts Cabango Bennett Guehi Manning

Grimes Hourihane Smith

Cullen Lowe

And I’m probably a Cullen too much, or a Hamer. The keepers position I don’t see an issue if Hamer comes in, Freddie does pull off some extraordinary saves, but his basics are failing recently. Cullen is obvious, he scores goals. My first game was in 1968 as a four year old, that’s still one of the key requirements to winning games oddly enough. I’ve put Hourihane in because he is due a performance and Reading are just an ok side, probably more attack minded than us but that’s not too hard. I thought Lowe worked his socks off against QPR but to no avail, so that’s our best hope for me. I’m not massively hopeful mind, but then again Reading fans aren’t either, apparently they are worse than the swans. That must be bad.

Grimes and Hourihane in midfield playing for a 0 0?
One or other but not both.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 1711 viewsjasper_T

Benda's fit so I'd get him playing some games to help his development.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Apr 22 by monmouth

And Llanelli, I've met them.

I worked there Mike,in 1972 when they played the All Blecks.

Women were wild really what with hard drinking husbands who abandoned them for favour of getting hammered. I got on very well with them even though I had a strong Swansea accent.,which Ive long lost naturally

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Apr 22 with 1553 viewsKeithHaynes

An emergency biscuit 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Apr 23 with 1375 viewsNortbankboy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

An emergency biscuit 😂

Happy with a draw
Login to get fewer ads

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 07:56 - Apr 24 with 1278 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Apr 23 by Nortbankboy

Happy with a draw

Said Steve

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 12:51 - Apr 24 with 1197 viewsCatullus

I just have no confidence that Cooper will send a team out to win. He didn't do it when we needed a win and now we only need a draw, I'm filled with trepidation.

If we lose this then we need another win to make sure. If Reading were to give us a good beating today, 3 nil say, our goal difference would only be one better, if we drew then lost and Reading won both games they'd overtake us.

We can't afforf to be negative, we have to believe in ourselves and go out for a win. Andy Cole keeps saying the team believe, well it's time they showed it, it's time Cooper showed it.

edit, by today I obviously mean tomorow. I don't really know what day it is or even if it is a day and not a figment of Loyals imagination. Maybe I need an emergency biscuit....a chocolate hobnob I think....or maybe a jaffa cake.....I know it's not a biscuit nut an emergency jaffa works too.

Relying on a defence that hasn't performed well in over 2 months is not the best way. Whe we beat Millwall and Weds, they weren't good as much as we played better. Reading will look at us and believe they can do us over. The resulting boost in their confidecne and the drain on ours could be enough.

We could make Forests downfall last season look not so bad!

Come on Coops, put the team out that beat Millwall and Weds, lets try to win, lts not be negative AND lets try and build some momentum for the play offs.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 17:00]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Apr 24 with 1186 viewspencoedjack

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:59 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Team for Sunday v Reading

Hamer

Roberts Cabango Bennett Guehi Manning

Grimes Hourihane Smith

Cullen Lowe

And I’m probably a Cullen too much, or a Hamer. The keepers position I don’t see an issue if Hamer comes in, Freddie does pull off some extraordinary saves, but his basics are failing recently. Cullen is obvious, he scores goals. My first game was in 1968 as a four year old, that’s still one of the key requirements to winning games oddly enough. I’ve put Hourihane in because he is due a performance and Reading are just an ok side, probably more attack minded than us but that’s not too hard. I thought Lowe worked his socks off against QPR but to no avail, so that’s our best hope for me. I’m not massively hopeful mind, but then again Reading fans aren’t either, apparently they are worse than the swans. That must be bad.

Yeah I’d be happy with that side.

Might as well give Hamer some game time Woodman won’t be here next season.

Be nice if I could go to this I love a Reading trip on the choo choo.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:37]
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:36 - Apr 24 with 1167 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Apr 24 by pencoedjack

Yeah I’d be happy with that side.

Might as well give Hamer some game time Woodman won’t be here next season.

Be nice if I could go to this I love a Reading trip on the choo choo.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:37]

Hamer and 10 others.

Get out of our club Steve

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 1154 viewsGroo

Just realised as we drop down to 5th, we lose to Reading and they go on to win their last two and we lose our last two, then they will end up 6th, us 7th.

We really need to at least draw this game to keep us in the play-off's.

Groo does what Groo does best

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:39 - Apr 24 with 1147 viewsjasper_T

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:29 - Apr 24 by Groo

Just realised as we drop down to 5th, we lose to Reading and they go on to win their last two and we lose our last two, then they will end up 6th, us 7th.

We really need to at least draw this game to keep us in the play-off's.

Reading have 1 win in their last 8, so while they may well beat us it's a big ask for them to win all 3 games. Very little chance we miss out now.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:54 - Apr 24 with 1134 viewsBoundy

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:39 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

Reading have 1 win in their last 8, so while they may well beat us it's a big ask for them to win all 3 games. Very little chance we miss out now.

With the way we've been playing there's every chance we will , it'll be Steves parting gift to us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 1057 viewsCatullus

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:39 - Apr 24 by jasper_T

It is doubtful as they have Norwich next after us, away. However, didn't last season prove anything is possible?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 17:09 - Apr 24 with 1043 viewsonehunglow

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 14:54 - Apr 24 by Boundy

With the way we've been playing there's every chance we will , it'll be Steves parting gift to us

Steve's leaving gift?

Who is doing the collection.

Is it on Justgive.

Just go Steve.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 991 views34dfgdf54

.....................Benda.......................
Roberts.....Guehi.....Cabango.....manning
........Smith.....Grimes...Hourihane........
......Lowe........Cullen.......Oli Cooper....

Rest up a few lads like Bennett, Naughton and Fulton. I personally think we will still get play offs regardless but it is playing with fire granted.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Apr 24 with 956 viewskrunchykarrot

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:34 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Benda's fit so I'd get him playing some games to help his development.

And Cullen and Cooper?
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 20:54 - Apr 24 with 910 viewsFlashberryjack

Sorry, but I can only see one result here, and it ain't good.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 21:35 - Apr 24 with 892 viewsmonmouth

Time to stop pissing about tomorrow and put the play offs to bed, and not by ‘managing the game’ shitspeak, but by going out, imposing ourselves on them and whipping their sorry arses.

Unfortunately Cooper is a frightened fraud of football, so let’s hope he suddenly finds some courage in hi yellow streaked body.

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 22:50 - Apr 24 with 854 viewsmajorraglan

Reading play the Swans, Norwich (away) and Huddersfield, the Swans have Reading, Derby who like Huddersfield are bottom end of the table and Watford. Not much in it, but with an 8 point lead I’d hope Cooper and the players would hold on to a play off spot.

1 point tomorrow and they can focus on the play offs.
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 22:58 - Apr 24 with 848 viewslifelong

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 22:50 - Apr 24 by majorraglan

Reading play the Swans, Norwich (away) and Huddersfield, the Swans have Reading, Derby who like Huddersfield are bottom end of the table and Watford. Not much in it, but with an 8 point lead I’d hope Cooper and the players would hold on to a play off spot.

1 point tomorrow and they can focus on the play offs.

We’ll beat Reading tomorrow, go back to third in the table, then we’ll beat Barnsley over two games in the play offs, then beat Brentford in the final at Wembley. 👏👏👏
Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 00:13 - Apr 25 with 817 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 19:03 - Apr 24 by 34dfgdf54

.....................Benda.......................
Roberts.....Guehi.....Cabango.....manning
........Smith.....Grimes...Hourihane........
......Lowe........Cullen.......Oli Cooper....

Rest up a few lads like Bennett, Naughton and Fulton. I personally think we will still get play offs regardless but it is playing with fire granted.

Do we really care, we ain't gonna go through anyway, why prolong the agony?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 00:18 - Apr 25 with 814 viewsmax936

Reading v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY on 22:58 - Apr 24 by lifelong

We’ll beat Reading tomorrow, go back to third in the table, then we’ll beat Barnsley over two games in the play offs, then beat Brentford in the final at Wembley. 👏👏👏

Rog, next time I see you gimme some some of that sloe gin , I'll put a dribble or two on my lotto ticket

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024