Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR West Ham v Chelsea 19:26 - Apr 24 with 487 viewsCatullus

Two very similar incidents, heck almost identical, one Hammer sees straight red, the next one doesn't even get a talking to from the ref.

VAR should have been a good thing but it's been comically badly inserted into the beautiful game and it's ruining it.

IF WHU challenge the card, show the second incident and cannot get it overtured, it's criminal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:31 - Apr 25 with 405 viewsTenbySwan

I didn't think they were identical.

One was to the breakable part of the leg, hence a potential leg breaker..

The other was to the thigh almost the waist and in no danger of breaking anything.
VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:58 - Apr 25 with 400 viewsReslovenSwan1

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:31 - Apr 25 by TenbySwan

I didn't think they were identical.

One was to the breakable part of the leg, hence a potential leg breaker..

The other was to the thigh almost the waist and in no danger of breaking anything.

It was clear the West Ham player wanted to "leave something on" the Chelsea player. The Red card was 100% correct. Tyrone Mings is another sneaky player like this. Humans are like horses and by reflex avoid contact intuitively.

Wise sage since Toshack era

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 17:32 - Apr 25 with 383 viewsCatullus

So the contact higher up the leg wasn't as dangerous? What is high feet about then? The first one the player kicked the ball and his leg was coming back down. The second one looked just as bad to me. I can't call either of them a potential leg breaker as they weren't going through the player.

I got caught just like that in the Swansea league. It happens. You put your foot through the ball and you often make contact with players trying to tackle you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 333 viewsraynor94

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:58 - Apr 25 by ReslovenSwan1

It was clear the West Ham player wanted to "leave something on" the Chelsea player. The Red card was 100% correct. Tyrone Mings is another sneaky player like this. Humans are like horses and by reflex avoid contact intuitively.

Red card overturned, as expected.

As Moyes said the person who made the decision had never played the game, have you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 12:57 - Apr 28 with 330 viewsReslovenSwan1

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 12:43 - Apr 28 by raynor94

Red card overturned, as expected.

As Moyes said the person who made the decision had never played the game, have you?

I played football as a schoolboy and quite a bit of rugby. I noticed playing rugby that it was actually quite difficult to stamp on someone even if I wanted to. Humans are like horses they are very careful where they put their feet. In rucks and mauls you would think there would be head injuries every game but it does not happen.

Protecting your feet is a primevil instinct. I have worked on the "third rail" in Kent. This is the rail that carries 25,000 volts of juice. I have some experience of being careful with my feet. One error and it is death. It was this 3 rd rail that killed the Cricket player Tom Mayard after he ran on to the London undeground.

Tyrone Mings is another player either "very careless" with his feet or just an nasty pirece of work. Twice he has stamped on Ibrahimovich after a running battle and more recently Nelson Oliviera who was out of the game for a month with facial injuries.

You might be smart enough ot recognise Moyes had a vested interest in the case and consider if his viewpoint might be self interest. I saw two footballers argue the other way and they had "played the game".
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 13:01]

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:19 - Apr 28 with 312 viewsraynor94

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 12:57 - Apr 28 by ReslovenSwan1

I played football as a schoolboy and quite a bit of rugby. I noticed playing rugby that it was actually quite difficult to stamp on someone even if I wanted to. Humans are like horses they are very careful where they put their feet. In rucks and mauls you would think there would be head injuries every game but it does not happen.

Protecting your feet is a primevil instinct. I have worked on the "third rail" in Kent. This is the rail that carries 25,000 volts of juice. I have some experience of being careful with my feet. One error and it is death. It was this 3 rd rail that killed the Cricket player Tom Mayard after he ran on to the London undeground.

Tyrone Mings is another player either "very careless" with his feet or just an nasty pirece of work. Twice he has stamped on Ibrahimovich after a running battle and more recently Nelson Oliviera who was out of the game for a month with facial injuries.

You might be smart enough ot recognise Moyes had a vested interest in the case and consider if his viewpoint might be self interest. I saw two footballers argue the other way and they had "played the game".
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 13:01]

Who were they, because Lineker, Murphy and Richards called the decision diabolical on MOTD.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 16:18 - Apr 28 with 288 viewsReslovenSwan1

VAR West Ham v Chelsea on 14:19 - Apr 28 by raynor94

Who were they, because Lineker, Murphy and Richards called the decision diabolical on MOTD.

Jason Cundy and his sidekick from memory. Lineker also Backed Tyrone Mings (as a promising England defender) v Ibrahimovic and he then went and did it again to Nelson Oliveria who was in no doubt of his intent.

Pundit have a track record of giving players the benefit of the doubt. They will say things like. "only the player know if he meant to hurt him".

It is the 'Shawcross syndome'. He went out to give Ramsey a roughng up, but cried and pleaded forgiveness after he broke his leg.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 16:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024