Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abolish party political broadcast 19:07 - Apr 27 with 1512 viewsbritferry

"we are one of the poorest nations in the UK"... oh I don't know, we get in the top 4

Looks like it was made by a bloke on his mobile phone in his lunch break but saying that, they'll most probably get my vote, just don't rate the other options

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:24 - Apr 27 with 896 viewsCatullus

It's very much a protest vote but they probably get my vote too. I've looked at the others (well except the Greens) and none of them look any good. Labour aren't offering much, not much to hope for besides more of the same, Tories and Plaid are full of false promises, things they can't deliver. I could postulate the tories could deliver because if they get in Bojo might support them but that carries no certainty either.

I think we have to face it, the historical Labour vote will most likely carry them through despite the evidence.
Maybe if the torie had offered something a tad more realistic, I mean there's optimism and then there's the fantasy they proffer

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:34 - Apr 27 with 884 viewsonehunglow

Plaid?
Ive heard this before.Actually crowing about being poor,left behind,backward.

Just what investors need to see

And people want these jerks to run the country.

Speaking Welsh won't be enough either nor will kicking the english out of Wales

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:46 - Apr 27 with 880 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:34 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Plaid?

Not sure the senedd has any powers to introduce aparthied in Wales. A British citizen is entitled to live anywhere in the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:52 - Apr 27 with 874 viewsonehunglow

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:46 - Apr 27 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure the senedd has any powers to introduce aparthied in Wales. A British citizen is entitled to live anywhere in the UK.

Well,I think Gwynfor Evans himself stating no such thing a Britishness.

That guy was so full of hatred but was dangerous with a face of choirmaster

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:58 - Apr 27 with 870 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just look at your passport if you have one.

Abolish party political broadcast on 20:05 - Apr 27 with 860 viewsonehunglow

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:58 - Apr 27 by felixstowe_jack

Just look at your passport if you have one.

Will a welsh passport be bilingual?
If not ,some countries will demand a translation

Abolish party political broadcast on 20:57 - Apr 27 with 838 viewsCatullus

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:52 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Well,I think Gwynfor Evans himself stating no such thing a Britishness.

That guy was so full of hatred but was dangerous with a face of choirmaster

That must be where Kilkenny gets it from, he says there's no such thing as Britishness too.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:00 - Apr 27 with 832 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Login to get fewer ads

Abolish party political broadcast on 21:26 - Apr 27 with 813 viewsbuilthjack

A woman who lives up the road from me, is standing for this party. She was the one in the broadcast.
She has tried standing for most of the other parties in the past. Trying her luck with these now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abolish party political broadcast on 07:26 - Apr 28 with 740 viewsKilkennyjack

Abolish party political broadcast on 19:34 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Plaid?

You are the only person who keeps on about the welsh language.

Almost every nation on earth has two languages.
How the feck do they manage ?
Grow up, its not 1974.

They spend far more on the English National Ballet than the welsh language.

As regards the Abolish morons, you do understand they want no wales and no welsh sporting teams to say nothing of them having many other unpleasant views.
Its a cop out and a wasted vote.

If you really want to save big money then scrap Trident.

Beware of the Risen People

Abolish party political broadcast on 08:09 - Apr 28 with 748 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Abolish party political broadcast on 07:26 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

Grow up, its not 1974.

As regards the Abolish morons, you do understand they want no wales and no welsh sporting teams to say nothing of them having many other unpleasant views.

I am sure your Russian friends would love us to abolish all our armed forces as well. The armed forces who help to transport the vaccines throughout the UK including Wales as well as putting it into people's arms.

Abolish party political broadcast on 09:21 - Apr 28 with 729 viewsYrAlarch

Abolish party political broadcast on 21:26 - Apr 27 by builthjack

A woman who lives up the road from me, is standing for this party. She was the one in the broadcast.
She has tried standing for most of the other parties in the past. Trying her luck with these now.

Reminds me of the situation with Tony Bliar. He really could have represented any of the 3 major parties (yes I include the Lib Dems). He has now become a major capitalist, although he was fast becoming one even before he stepped down as PM.
Abolish party political broadcast on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 727 viewsCatullus

Abolish party political broadcast on 07:26 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

Grow up, its not 1974.

More lies Kilk, remember it's not 1984 either

What about Plaids lies?

PS, in most countries far more than two languages are spoken but they are languages used worldwide and used everyday by hudreds of millions.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 9:29]

Abolish party political broadcast on 15:58 - Apr 28 with 650 viewsKilkennyjack

Abolish party political broadcast on 08:09 - Apr 28 by felixstowe_jack

I am sure your Russian friends would love us to abolish all our armed forces as well. The armed forces who help to transport the vaccines throughout the UK including Wales as well as putting it into people's arms.

Very nice of the army to help our wonderful Welsh NHS out.

I don't have any Russian friends. Do you ?

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:08 - Apr 28 with 656 viewsProfessor

Abolish party political broadcast on 09:27 - Apr 28 by Catullus

More lies Kilk, remember it's not 1984 either

What about Plaids lies?

PS, in most countries far more than two languages are spoken but they are languages used worldwide and used everyday by hudreds of millions.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 9:29]

Not true Cat. Many countries have multiple languages along old tribal ethnic lines. Ethiopia has 38, some of which are monolingual for only a few thousand people. I think ensuring the future of Welsh, the oldest British or Brythonic language (English is Germanic) is important. Use increasing-we speak a bit in work with a few fluent and pigeon Welsh speakers -in England
Abolish party political broadcast on 16:24 - Apr 28 with 646 viewsonehunglow

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:08 - Apr 28 by Professor

Not true Cat. Many countries have multiple languages along old tribal ethnic lines. Ethiopia has 38, some of which are monolingual for only a few thousand people. I think ensuring the future of Welsh, the oldest British or Brythonic language (English is Germanic) is important. Use increasing-we speak a bit in work with a few fluent and pigeon Welsh speakers -in England

Couldn't disagree more Paul.
The pressure to learn and speak Welsh turns my stomach. Nobody should feel the pressure to learn it.
English is the lingua franca of this island. peaking Welsh is a novelty and a dinner party favourite in affluent suburbs of cardfiff.It's taken over from horse riding and charity dinners.

If 100% spoke Welsh it would not advance the country at all.

My father and all his family were Welsh speakers when they came to Swansea from Cards and then they never spoke it in front of my mum or my sister as they had moved to an overwhemingly anglised large town and wanted to advance not be seen as "backward".Not my words but feel free to spit on their graves.

I asked my dad many times to teach me Welsh,and he point blank refused as he thought the idea was stupid.His sister spoke only Welsh until she was 15 in Llandyssul.

I speak two languages reasonably well and can get by with Spanish and Portuguese ;I find them far easier than Welsh so it's probably down to my lack of application so apologies to anyone who is offended by reading the foregoing

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:43 - Apr 28 with 628 viewsKilkennyjack

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:24 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

The pressure to learn and speak Welsh turns my stomach. Nobody should feel the pressure to learn it.
English is the lingua franca of this island. peaking Welsh is a novelty and a dinner party favourite in affluent suburbs of cardfiff.It's taken over from horse riding and charity dinners.

My father and all his family were Welsh speakers when they came to Swansea from Cards and then they never spoke it in front of my mum or my sister as they had moved to an overwhemingly anglised large town and wanted to advance not be seen as "backward".Not my words but feel free to spit on their graves.

I asked my dad many times to teach me Welsh,and he point blank refused as he thought the idea was stupid.His sister spoke only Welsh until she was 15 in Llandyssul.

I speak two languages reasonably well and can get by with Spanish and Portuguese ;I find them far easier than Welsh so it's probably down to my lack of application so apologies to anyone who is offended by reading the foregoing

Wrong again then.

Great that you speak Spanish and Portuguese though.

Maybe you should try English next ?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 16:45]

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 622 viewsKilkennyjack

There is far more spend on the English National Opera than the Welsh language.
Priorities see.

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:04 - Apr 28 with 629 viewsProfessor

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:24 - Apr 28 by onehunglow

We will just disagree on this then. Not going to argue, as not an argument worth having.
Abolish party political broadcast on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 626 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Would be nice if someone actually had a plan to stop it's alarming decline as a community language mind. All very well and good pumping out speakers from welsh medium education who hardly use a word after after 18, and people using the odd word in the workplace, but welsh is dying a death in its heartlands. First language speakers are migrating to Anglophone Wales and England to find work, replaced by 'escape to the country' types who (with notable exceptions) tend not to bother learning the language. There are parts of North Pembs that were solidly welsh speaking 50 years ago (90%+) that were down to 40% at the time of the last census, and will very probably be down again when we get the results from this years.

More speakers? Possibly- but I don't see what good that is if it's use is relegated to the local 'Welsh Language Club' in Cardiff or London. Languages need to be rooted in communities to ensure long term sustainability, and the forces of globalisation and the market economy are making it increasingly difficult for Welsh to remain so.
Abolish party political broadcast on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 625 viewsProfessor

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:11 - Apr 28 by LittleEnglandJack

Would be nice if someone actually had a plan to stop it's alarming decline as a community language mind. All very well and good pumping out speakers from welsh medium education who hardly use a word after after 18, and people using the odd word in the workplace, but welsh is dying a death in its heartlands. First language speakers are migrating to Anglophone Wales and England to find work, replaced by 'escape to the country' types who (with notable exceptions) tend not to bother learning the language. There are parts of North Pembs that were solidly welsh speaking 50 years ago (90%+) that were down to 40% at the time of the last census, and will very probably be down again when we get the results from this years.

More speakers? Possibly- but I don't see what good that is if it's use is relegated to the local 'Welsh Language Club' in Cardiff or London. Languages need to be rooted in communities to ensure long term sustainability, and the forces of globalisation and the market economy are making it increasingly difficult for Welsh to remain so.

Increasing use in NE Wales- areas like Wrexham which are far more anglophone.
Abolish party political broadcast on 17:36 - Apr 28 with 621 viewsCatullus

Sorry to rain on your parade prof but I wasn't talking about languages being a lie. I know I should be more concise but it's Kilky!

I know many places use more than one language and it's also wrong to say only one person ever goes on about Welsh on here. I do it too!

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:42 - Apr 28 with 620 viewsCatullus

Abolish party political broadcast on 16:46 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

There is far more spend on the English National Opera than the Welsh language.
Priorities see.

What does the Welsh government spend on opera then?

Not everybody wants to have Welsh forced on them. It should be a choice in a country where English is the first language.

They don't force Latin on kids in Italy do they?

Personally I would rather they spend that money on healthcare or if in education, something that will actually benefit Welsh kids when they leave Wales. My son doesn't want to learne Welsh but Spanish interests him.

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:51 - Apr 28 with 617 viewsProfessor

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:42 - Apr 28 by Catullus

Not everybody wants to have Welsh forced on them. It should be a choice in a country where English is the first language.

Personally I would rather they spend that money on healthcare or if in education, something that will actually benefit Welsh kids when they leave Wales. My son doesn't want to learne Welsh but Spanish interests him.

I did Latin though Cat!
Abolish party political broadcast on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 609 viewsonehunglow

Abolish party political broadcast on 17:42 - Apr 28 by Catullus

Money to learn to speak a language you dont need or like or give it to health care and /or transport. Should be stupidly obvious but it is actually more important for some to enforce Welsh on others.They do in the workplace. This is nothing but language fascism.

Speaking Spanish,Italian,Russian ,of far greater use. Wales is a tiny land within a bigger one and having a cute old language is simply a novelty to visitors.Its all rather patronsing.

And as for emigres,many buy up old properties and use local labour and materials to renovate a property that has often been derelict for years .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024