Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ariolla Speaks 22:03 - Apr 29 with 5234 views34dfgdf54

<<Your loan to Swansea was cut short after you reinjured your quad; but even before that, you seemed a bit snakebitten. What did you take away from your time in the Championship? What were your impressions of the league and what did you learn there? >>

It was a good experience, right? You try to take the best out of everything. But it was also very frustrating. It was a frustrating situation. I went on loan obviously really wanting to play and stay in form and help the team get to the Premiership before coming back to D.C. My main goal was just to prove myself over there and get a run of games and try and keep a good form. But it was tough. I can’t lie.

The level was good, I don’t think it was anything different than what you see in MLS. The style of play was a little bit different, the pitches were awful. Every single one of the pitches was awful except Stoke; and I think it plays a huge factor into the Championship, and it’s why teams consistently play direct, and play with big center backs and big No. 9s and five at the back is because of the conditions of the fields – tight pitches. But Swansea itself was a great club. Everyone at the club was amazing, the players, the staff, a really young group of guys. It felt like a family-feel type club. The facilities were great, besides the field.

I think obviously in the end, looking back you want to go somewhere where you feel really wanted. And I’m not quite sure if the manager there really had great intentions of me helping the team or maybe he thought I’d just be an extra number just offering reinforcement at some position. When the opportunity came – as a player, especially one that hadn’t been to Europe, I wanted to go, I had to go, I had really high hopes to do great things over there for the club. And then when you get there and you realize and understand the situation you’re in, you can really only wait for your opportunity. And unfortunately I really didn’t get one. I got a couple of late features in a couple of games but besides that, it ended up being disappointing. I did make great relationships, though and I was able to see what it was like over there – now I know I can play at that level, obviously you see other young Americans doing it at that level and in the Premier League as well. It definitely wasn’t a setback for me and I don’t see it as a failure. Now I’m just focused on turning the page, going forward here and having a great season in D.C. and taking it from there.

<<Throughout your career you’ve expressed a desire to ply your trade in Europe. Did the month or so at Swansea satiate that desire? Or do you feel an even stronger pull to go back knowing that things didn’t work out like you’d have wanted them to?>>

After my experience at Swansea, my attitude is just “go where you’re wanted.” The next time I move, if I ever move from D.C. United, it will be somewhere where I’m truly valued and somewhere where I’m there to make a difference on the team, regardless of country or style of play or anything like that. What it comes down to is whether you’re going to get an opportunity – and then it’s on you. And I’ll always bet on myself to make the most of an opportunity.
Ariolla Speaks on 12:29 - May 1 with 598 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ariolla Speaks on 12:24 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Hamer, Manning, Freeman, Whiitaker were Scotts work for sure. Arriola and Morris were promoted by recruitment people afiiliated to the clubs ownership group with impressive CV and like Brewster and Gibbs White available due to injury lay offs.

Hamer is a reserve keeper, Freeman is a last resort on the right that thankfully we haven't had to use yet.

Manning has played around 20 games this season and Whittaker was signed for the future.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ariolla Speaks on 12:41 - May 1 with 595 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 12:24 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Hamer, Manning, Freeman, Whiitaker were Scotts work for sure. Arriola and Morris were promoted by recruitment people afiiliated to the clubs ownership group with impressive CV and like Brewster and Gibbs White available due to injury lay offs.

Do we really need to go through all this again!?

This is a thread about Arriola. It's obvious why the others who haven't played much haven't played.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ariolla Speaks on 12:53 - May 1 with 589 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 12:41 - May 1 by Chief

This is a thread about Arriola. It's obvious why the others who haven't played much haven't played.

It is part of your modus operandi to have the last word by answering all posts in milliseconds. If you have nothing to say you post some propoganda banner to buy you time. My posts like good cooking should be given decent time to reasonate and mature without your guerrila PR tacics learned in some pollitical oraganisition spin machine.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ariolla Speaks on 13:18 - May 1 with 579 viewsBadlands

Ariolla Speaks on 12:41 - May 1 by Chief

Not at all obvious.
If you are very rarely given an opportunity, and then only a few minutes and usually when Cooperman panics, you are not going to look good.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ariolla Speaks on 13:48 - May 1 with 559 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 12:53 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

It is part of your modus operandi to have the last word by answering all posts in milliseconds. If you have nothing to say you post some propoganda banner to buy you time. My posts like good cooking should be given decent time to reasonate and mature without your guerrila PR tacics learned in some pollitical oraganisition spin machine.

There's nothing more to say though is there? Ive presented the facts which can't be disputed. Yet you completely ignore them and keep repeating the same unsubstantiated points as you have been for months.

Ariolla Speaks on 13:50 - May 1 with 558 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 13:18 - May 1 by Badlands

Not at all obvious.
If you are very rarely given an opportunity, and then only a few minutes and usually when Cooperman panics, you are not going to look good.

Glaringly obvious. If Arriola was still here now maybe he'd be up to speed and able to contribute more. At the time he wasn't and he wasn't particularly needed with the team winning games. Scroll up to see there's plenty of reasons and facts that back up this viewpoint.

Ariolla Speaks on 19:21 - May 1 with 523 viewsvetchonian

Ariolla Speaks on 00:22 - May 1 by Dr_Parnassus

Oh Jesus, my eyes.

The league where Bradley Wright Phillips scores for fun in (116 goals) at 36 years old.

You really have lost it.

and "retiring" pl and championship players go to get a payday

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ariolla Speaks on 22:24 - May 1 with 492 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 13:50 - May 1 by Chief

Glaringly obvious. If Arriola was still here now maybe he'd be up to speed and able to contribute more. At the time he wasn't and he wasn't particularly needed with the team winning games. Scroll up to see there's plenty of reasons and facts that back up this viewpoint.

Cooper was winning games withn 1970s option of 11+1 and no rotation of his players. The sucess of this strategy is yet to be determined.

Dull flat play off games with little energy will declare the strategy a failure. The players must be bright sharp and energetic to have any chance.

Login to get fewer ads

Ariolla Speaks on 23:39 - May 1 with 479 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 22:24 - May 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was winning games withn 1970s option of 11+1 and no rotation of his players. The sucess of this strategy is yet to be determined.

Dull flat play off games with little energy will declare the strategy a failure. The players must be bright sharp and energetic to have any chance.

"Dull flat play off games with little energy will declare the strategy a failure"

Or any other number of reasons.

Cooper has extensively changed the team recently and we've had 1 game a week for last few. No one in the squad should be tired now l, and i doubt anyone is.

Being fatigued isn't a permanent state. It subsides.

Ariolla Speaks on 00:24 - May 2 with 463 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 23:39 - May 1 by Chief

"Dull flat play off games with little energy will declare the strategy a failure"

Cooper has extensively changed the team recently and we've had 1 game a week for last few. No one in the squad should be tired now l, and i doubt anyone is.

I am reminded of some dismal performances from the English national teams in the past which were commonly attributed to the demands of the Premier league. Harry kane in recent tournaments has been less than brilliant and of curse th "golden generation" including Rooney were regualrly poor n the Summer. More stale ness rather than tiredness with a mental aspect.

Ariolla Speaks on 00:59 - May 2 with 461 viewsjasper_T

Ariolla Speaks on 23:39 - May 1 by Chief

It's a lot of football to have played since the end of June last year. 60+ games in just over 10 months doesn't fall away by only playing once a week. Grimes will have earned his summer holiday whatever happens in the playoffs.
Ariolla Speaks on 01:05 - May 2 with 456 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 00:59 - May 2 by jasper_T

It's a lot of football to have played since the end of June last year. 60+ games in just over 10 months doesn't fall away by only playing once a week. Grimes will have earned his summer holiday whatever happens in the playoffs.

It is a lot football to have played no doubt. But that goes for every team we'll play against.

I'm not saying the players will be fresh as daisies, but it's all relative.

Ariolla Speaks on 01:13 - May 2 with 455 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 00:24 - May 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I am reminded of some dismal performances from the English national teams in the past which were commonly attributed to the demands of the Premier league. Harry kane in recent tournaments has been less than brilliant and of curse th "golden generation" including Rooney were regualrly poor n the Summer. More stale ness rather than tiredness with a mental aspect.

We aren't playing against teams that have competed a in different competition / league all season though like England would have (although France are pretty successful and have always had a lot of English based players, never seemed to affect them).

The other 3 teams have had the same gruelling schedule as us. And of those I'd say only Bournemouth have probably been able to rotate extensively across the whole season and i doubt they've spread appearances around as much as us in the last month or so.

But with the play offs assured with a few weeks to spare for all 4 with 1 game per week, it's a leveller and a bit of a recharge.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:05 - May 8 with 327 views34dfgdf54

I’ll just add again today, there is not a chance in a millions years, Yan Dhanda is a better player than Ariolla.
Ariolla Speaks on 15:07 - May 8 with 325 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 15:05 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

I’ll just add again today, there is not a chance in a millions years, Yan Dhanda is a better player than Ariolla.

But Arriola wasn't available for selection.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:08 - May 8 with 322 views34dfgdf54

Ariolla Speaks on 15:07 - May 8 by Chief

But Arriola wasn't available for selection.

No sh*t.

Just shows he should have had more minutes here and what he was saying is right.
Ariolla Speaks on 15:08 - May 8 with 321 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ariolla Speaks on 15:05 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

He was a good footballer and seemed like a good team player. He simply was an unused resource. Swansea is not Liverpool and resources cannot be discarded.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:08 - May 8 with 321 views34dfgdf54

Ariolla Speaks on 15:08 - May 8 by ReslovenSwan1

He was a good footballer and seemed like a good team player. He simply was an unused resource. Swansea is not Liverpool and resources cannot be discarded.

Agreed
Ariolla Speaks on 15:11 - May 8 with 311 viewsDr_Parnassus

The future will dictate whether he was good enough for a team pushing for the Premier League.

If he’s still playing for one of the worst sides in a league where Bradley Wright Phillips is a goal scoring icon for his remaining years suggests he may not have been after all.

I have a sneaking suspicion that will be the case.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:11 - May 8 with 311 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 15:08 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

No sh*t.

Just shows he should have had more minutes here and what he was saying is right.

And he'd have done what exactly? We've been through this, we lost two games when he was here, winning 5.
Of those two he'd have made no difference whatsoever - Huddersfield away and Bristol City home (which he did come in on and did nothing, just like Dhanda today).

Ariolla Speaks on 15:14 - May 8 with 303 views34dfgdf54

Ariolla Speaks on 15:11 - May 8 by Chief

And he'd have done what exactly? We've been through this, we lost two games when he was here, winning 5.
Of those two he'd have made no difference whatsoever - Huddersfield away and Bristol City home (which he did come in on and did nothing, just like Dhanda today).

He’s a better player than Yan Dhanda, he should have played more minutes and should have been in Coopers plans, but that was never the case and that reflects poorly on Cooper.
Ariolla Speaks on 15:14 - May 8 with 301 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ariolla Speaks on 15:11 - May 8 by Chief

Spot on.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:15 - May 8 with 294 views34dfgdf54

Ariolla Speaks on 15:14 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Spot on.

Ariolla Speaks on 15:16 - May 8 with 293 viewsChief

Ariolla Speaks on 15:14 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

He’s a better player than Yan Dhanda, he should have played more minutes and should have been in Coopers plans, but that was never the case and that reflects poorly on Cooper.

You're point makes no sense.

Giving him more minutes back then (which may have actually cost us points - we've established it couldn't realistically have gained us any), how would that mean he somehow wouldn't have got injured!?

Is that the point you were making?

Ariolla Speaks on 15:19 - May 8 with 287 views34dfgdf54

Ariolla Speaks on 15:16 - May 8 by Chief

You're point makes no sense.

Giving him more minutes back then (which may have actually cost us points - we've established it couldn't realistically have gained us any), how would that mean he somehow wouldn't have got injured!?

Is that the point you were making?

<< I think obviously in the end, looking back you want to go somewhere where you feel really wanted. And I’m not quite sure if the manager there really had great intentions of me helping the team >>

My point is that reflects poorly on Cooper, as he was no doubt a better player than others in squad in his position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024