Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread AFTERMATH 16:16 - May 3 with 8545 viewsNotLoyal

It's the last game of the season for Watford, but not for the swans. The swans have three more games to play before getting promoted, so this is like a training game for the team. I expect some tedious play and the odd spurt followed by some wandering about. During the game there will be misplaced passes and a quick chat on the field amongst some of the players mid half, maybe an exchange of telephone numbers as well, it’s the end of the season see, some will want to move on.

Watford v Swansea City
EFL Championship
Vicarage Road
Saturday May 8th 2021
Kick Off 12.30pm

Match Officials
Geoff Eltringham will be the man in the middle when Swansea City round off the Championship season against Watford on Saturday (12.30pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans fixture for the third time this season, having overseen the win at Wycombe and the home victory over Nottingham Forest. He was also in charge of the draw at Preston last term. He has been refereeing in the EFL since 2009, and has been a regular feature in the Championship over recent seasons. will be assisted by Robert Merchant and Mark Russell, while Andy Woolmer, oh bloody hell, will be the fourth official.

Mr Dodgy is back

History
In the past, before now there have been some games between the two clubs.
Watford have lost more than they have won, but have drawn less. This is the overwhelming fact.

Games won: 17
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 23

All the games in the past 44 years have been very close affairs, surprisingly Thomas Crown has never featured in any of the games, so that’s a head scratcher. In the past 12 years all the games played between the clubs have been won by the odd goal. I expect Watford to win this by four goals to lure the other play off teams in to a false sense of security. It’s the Cooper way, and you have to respect it.

Why The Hornets ? 🐝
Unlike the Bees and their very clingy support the hornets have a bigger sting, the wasps who don’t play football but would kick the living bones out of the hornets is another strange fact. Hornets are meant to be hard, ask Eddie Brimson. We suppose then no team would be called the flys. The Mosquito is the nickname for ex Norwegian player Erik Mykland. He isn’t a whole football team, but is often seen running away from the insecticide section of local branches of “Spray the buggers” Norway’s leading store for spraying things. He does spend a lot of time hovering around tables in the summer time though.

Cheeky Steve pre match

Liam Cullen looking to shine for Swansea City against Watford 7th May 2021 17:47
After a lengthy slog, the Championship season comes to a head this weekend, although there is more action to come for the four play-off sides. We focus on Liam Cullen in a feature from Swansea Official. 1

Xisco Munoz said: "It is hard to believe we are at the last game of the season. "Everything seems to have gone so quickly, and we are very grateful for support from everywhere around this town and around the world. Swansea was the first away league game I was coach for Watford, so I know from then back in January that they are a very good team. Like us, they have had some injuries to big players which has hurt them for a while, but I expect they will want to go into the play-offs in a good moment.”

Steve Cooper said: "We want to play these 46 games and go into the play-offs knowing that we’ve given the league campaign everything that we’ve got and we’ve finished in the highest position possible. Then, when you go into the play-offs, you go there knowing you’re in a certain position for a certain reason and you don’t have any regrets. There's not one way of getting into the play-offs. We just want to go into the play-off games having known that we’ve really committed to the 46 games and it puts us in the best place going into the play-offs. That’ll be the approach going into the game on Saturday."

TEAMS

Connor Roberts makes his 150th Swansea City appearance while Steve Cooper makes four changes for the Championship finale at Watford.

Marc Guehi, Jay Fulton, Conor Hourihane and Andre Ayew all start at Vicarage Road, taking the places of Ben Cabango, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda and Morgan Whittaker following the win over Derby.

Freddie Woodman is in goal, with Guehi joining Roberts, Jake Bidwell and Ryan Bennett in the Swansea back four.

Captain Matt Grimes find himself joined by Fulton and Hourihane as they pair return in midfield.

Liam Cullen retains his place, as does Jamal Lowe, with Ayew back from a hamstring injury to complete the front three.

Watford: Ben Foster, Philip Zinckernagel, Ken Sema, Craig Cathcart (captain), Dan Gosling, Achraf Lazaar, Andre Gray, Isaac Success, Christian Kabasele, Carlos Sanchez, Marc Navarro.

Substitutes: Daniel Bachmann, William Troost-Ekong, Ben Wilmot, Troy Deeney, Joao Pedro, Adam Masina, Will Hughes, Stipe Perica, Francisco Sierralta.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guhei, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Referee: Geoff Eltringham

There is more to follow, and there will be a sting in the tail.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:11 - May 4 with 3840 viewsOldjack

May as well put out our fringe players in this meanless game for them and us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:59 - May 4 with 3767 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:11 - May 4 by Oldjack

Might save myself£7.99 Alan and dig the garden.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:13 - May 4 with 3791 viewsmonmouth

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:11 - May 4 by Oldjack

Depends if we want a home second leg.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:52 - May 4 with 3770 viewsOldjack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:13 - May 4 by monmouth

Depends if we want a home second leg.

we play better away from home

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - May 4 with 3743 viewsbonymine

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:52 - May 4 by Oldjack

we play better away from home

You pi$$ where you want Alan apparently home OR away 😉👍😂😂

Just a wind up mate top man really 👍👊😉 🍻

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:15 - May 4 with 3696 viewsNortbankboy

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - May 4 by bonymine

We just don't want any injuries or suspensions.
Fingers crossed
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 09:27 - May 5 with 3613 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 21:51 - May 4 by bonymine

My rather smart Brown Brogues took Alan's pee and simply ran away with the shine. I always dressed smartly going to games .respect innit. That was Derby and the Gorka great tackle

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - May 5 with 3514 viewsBadlands

£10 on Swans tv for what could be a friendly.
If we play important players I’d expect some agricultural takles coming in from their fringe players and attepts to get players sent off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:11 - May 5 with 3450 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - May 5 by Badlands

£10 on Swans tv for what could be a friendly.
If we play important players I’d expect some agricultural takles coming in from their fringe players and attepts to get players sent off.

7.99 if foreign.
I might swerve this and but myself a treat for putting up with this season's fare

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - May 5 with 3368 viewsChief

Elton John lyrics written on the stand on the inside and portholes on the outside with a feel of a late 80s leisure centre construction are my lasting memories of Vicarage Road

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:11 - May 7 with 3106 viewsBoundy

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - May 5 by Chief

Elton John lyrics written on the stand on the inside and portholes on the outside with a feel of a late 80s leisure centre construction are my lasting memories of Vicarage Road

and painted bright yellow

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:00 - May 7 with 2990 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Cullen looking to shine for Swansea City against Watford 7th May 2021 17:47
After a lengthy slog, the Championship season comes to a head this weekend, although there is more action to come for the four play-off sides. We focus on Liam Cullen in a feature from Swansea Official. 1

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:40 - May 8 with 2757 viewsFlashberryjack

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:00 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

Is the game on the red button ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:38 - May 8 with 2687 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:40 - May 8 by Flashberryjack

Is the game on the red button ?

No mate.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:38 - May 8 with 2682 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper wants the three points for sure. That’s far stronger than I thought.

Connor Roberts makes his 150th Swansea City appearance while Steve Cooper makes four changes for the Championship finale at Watford.

Marc Guehi, Jay Fulton, Conor Hourihane and Andre Ayew all start at Vicarage Road, taking the places of Ben Cabango, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda and Morgan Whittaker following the win over Derby.

Freddie Woodman is in goal, with Guehi joining Roberts, Jake Bidwell and Ryan Bennett in the Swansea back four.

Captain Matt Grimes find himself joined by Fulton and Hourihane as they pair return in midfield.

Liam Cullen retains his place, as does Jamal Lowe, with Ayew back from a hamstring injury to complete the front three.

Watford: Ben Foster, Philip Zinckernagel, Ken Sema, Craig Cathcart (captain), Dan Gosling, Achraf Lazaar, Andre Gray, Isaac Success, Christian Kabasele, Carlos Sanchez, Marc Navarro.

Substitutes: Daniel Bachmann, William Troost-Ekong, Ben Wilmot, Troy Deeney, Joao Pedro, Adam Masina, Will Hughes, Stipe Perica, Francisco Sierralta.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Connor Roberts, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guhei, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane; Andre Ayew, Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Korey Smith, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:39 - May 8 with 2671 viewsChief

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:38 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

Cooper wants the three points for sure. That’s far stronger than I thought.

I'm amazed how strong a team Cooper's picked there. Could be a disaster or a masterstroke.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread SATURDAY ! on 11:42 - May 8 with 2651 views34dfgdf54

He needs to pray this doesn’t go wrong
Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:43 - May 8 with 2650 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:39 - May 8 by Chief

I'm amazed how strong a team Cooper's picked there. Could be a disaster or a masterstroke.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:48 - May 8 with 2634 viewsChief

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:43 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

Yea with the most attacking wing backs we have and Hourihane in there.

Exciting but worrying.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:48 - May 8 with 2623 viewsKeithHaynes

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:48 - May 8 by Chief

Yea with the most attacking wing backs we have and Hourihane in there.

Exciting but worrying.

Personally, I think he wants the record points. That’s why he has done this.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:01 - May 8 with 2576 viewsChief

Where's Cabango?

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:03 - May 8 with 2569 viewsmax936

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 11:48 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

Personally, I think he wants the record points. That’s why he has done this.

Risking injuries to important players before the playoff games, for what is a virtual nothing game,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:10 - May 8 with 2528 viewsonehunglow

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:03 - May 8 by max936

Risking injuries to important players before the playoff games, for what is a virtual nothing game,

Another shocking example of player management.

Beyond risk

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:17 - May 8 with 2513 viewsKeithHaynes

He is being personally ruthless, but if a win comes about as a result and we get the home tie second, he will say that fine.

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:27 - May 8 with 2482 viewsmonmouth

Watford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread TEAMS on 12:17 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

He is being personally ruthless, but if a win comes about as a result and we get the home tie second, he will say that fine.

I actually applaud putting out a strong side that la a potential play off side. I know he’ll get flak for an injury, but not from me. They could equally pull up in training, you can’t wrap them in cotton wool and there’s a pretty good rest after today.

Not sure about our two weakest full backs in a 4 3 3 mind, especially against this lot. Still...interesting.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024