Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lions squad 07:34 - May 6 with 1764 viewsbritferry

Wales great Alun Wyn Jones will be confirmed as captain of the British and Irish Lions when head coach Warren Gatland names his 36-man squad on Thursday for the tour of South Africa.

Jones, 35, has been the favourite for the role since leading Wales to the Six Nations title in March.

He will be going on his fourth Lions tour, after being a key part of the series in 2009, 2013 and 2017.

The Lions squad is confirmed at 12:30 BST on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57004215

Great news for the England players...
https://www.longleat.co.uk/visitor-info/opening-times

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Lions squad on 08:25 - May 6 with 1410 viewsKeithHaynes

Looking forward to some unbiased selection 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lions squad on 11:38 - May 6 with 1366 viewsBoundy

A great honour for him and in some way reflected glory for Bonymaen RFC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54674520

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Lions squad on 15:34 - May 6 with 1326 views1983

Well deserved

Lions squad on 15:42 - May 6 with 1321 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"Lions FAIL to sell fly-on-the-wall documentary rights for South Africa tour as Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon and Netflix all turn down chance for a repeat of 1997 epic Living With Lions"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-9548877/Lions-fail-sell-doc

Rugby is a dying sport.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Lions squad on 15:57 - May 6 with 1295 viewsonehunglow

No dwight ,It aint.
This tour will be watched by millions

Rugby League is also surviving

Both been going some time now

Football ,as we knew it,has already died.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lions squad on 16:12 - May 6 with 1295 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Lions squad on 15:57 - May 6 by onehunglow

No dwight ,It aint.
This tour will be watched by millions

Rugby League is also surviving

Both been going some time now

Football ,as we knew it,has already died.

Most schools can't form a rugby team these days as children don't wish to play it.

Attendances at the professional level are pitiful. You see bigger crowds at the darts.

Local club teams are also folding due to a lack of children wishing to play.

It is dying. A few million people tuning in once a year to watch it on the telly isn't enough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Lions squad on 16:21 - May 6 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

Lions squad on 16:12 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Most schools can't form a rugby team these days as children don't wish to play it.

Attendances at the professional level are pitiful. You see bigger crowds at the darts.

It is dying. A few million people tuning in once a year to watch it on the telly isn't enough.

Don't agree.
Club rugby (here) is very healthy and kids -not being able to take it at school-flock to learn the game and its traditions,like applauding the opposition off the pitch,addressing the referee with respect,something football lacks.

Although not immune from head working,cheating by feigning injury at football is now sickening and shames very well paid footballers.

I'll leave you with this ...watch it all

Lions squad on 17:39 - May 6 with 1265 viewsbritferry

8 Irish & Scots, 10 Welsh, 11 other... Wales would have had 11 if North was fit

Forwards: Tadhg Beirne (Ire), Jack Conan (Ire), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Eng), Tom Curry (Eng), Zander Fagerson (Sco), Taulupe Faletau (Wal), Tadhg Furlong (Ire), Jamie George (Eng), Iain Henderson (Ire), Jonny Hill (Eng), Maro Itoje (Eng), Wyn Jones (Wal), Courtney Lawes (Eng), Ken Owens (Wal), Andrew Porter (Ire), Sam Simmonds (Eng), Rory Sutherland (Sco), Justin Tipuric (Wal), Mako Vunipola (Eng), Hamish Watson (Sco).

Backs: Josh Adams (Wal), Bundee Aki (Ire), Dan Biggar (Wal), Elliot Daly (Eng), Gareth Davies (Wal), Owen Farrell (Eng), Chris Harris (Sco), Robbie Henshaw (Ire), Stuart Hogg (Sco), Conor Murray (Ire), Ali Price (Sco), Lewis Rees-Zammit (Wal), Finn Russell (Sco), Duhan van der Merwe (Sco), Anthony Watson (Eng), Liam Williams (Wal).

Only Welsh surprise omission for me is Jonathan Davies

English Press mentioning Billy Vunipola, Johnny Sexton, Jonny May, Henry Slade, Kyle Sinckler, Sam Underhill and Josh Navidi

There is only one DYSS

Login to get fewer ads

Lions squad on 18:35 - May 6 with 1232 viewsonehunglow

Lions squad on 17:39 - May 6 by britferry

8 Irish & Scots, 10 Welsh, 11 other... Wales would have had 11 if North was fit

Forwards: Tadhg Beirne (Ire), Jack Conan (Ire), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Eng), Tom Curry (Eng), Zander Fagerson (Sco), Taulupe Faletau (Wal), Tadhg Furlong (Ire), Jamie George (Eng), Iain Henderson (Ire), Jonny Hill (Eng), Maro Itoje (Eng), Wyn Jones (Wal), Courtney Lawes (Eng), Ken Owens (Wal), Andrew Porter (Ire), Sam Simmonds (Eng), Rory Sutherland (Sco), Justin Tipuric (Wal), Mako Vunipola (Eng), Hamish Watson (Sco).

Backs: Josh Adams (Wal), Bundee Aki (Ire), Dan Biggar (Wal), Elliot Daly (Eng), Gareth Davies (Wal), Owen Farrell (Eng), Chris Harris (Sco), Robbie Henshaw (Ire), Stuart Hogg (Sco), Conor Murray (Ire), Ali Price (Sco), Lewis Rees-Zammit (Wal), Finn Russell (Sco), Duhan van der Merwe (Sco), Anthony Watson (Eng), Liam Williams (Wal).

Only Welsh surprise omission for me is Jonathan Davies

English Press mentioning Billy Vunipola, Johnny Sexton, Jonny May, Henry Slade, Kyle Sinckler, Sam Underhill and Josh Navidi

There is only one DYSS

Not sure that is the strongest quad or most versatile.Duhan will be marked very tightly

Lions squad on 21:45 - May 6 with 1182 viewsFireboy2

My boys team are turning players away, you are posting horsesh!t as usual.
Lions squad on 22:10 - May 6 with 1174 viewsTrefynwySwan

That’s rubbish!! My son’s U12’s had 22 turn up for training this evening. All loving it and can’t wait to get playing matches again. We’ve turned 4 lads away in the last month cos our age group is full.
Lions squad on 22:55 - May 6 with 1149 viewsmajorraglan

Clubs down our way have decent kids sections, but lots of village clubs who used to turn out 2 or 3 teams now only turn out the 1. There’s a drop off around 15 or 16 years of age.

Rugby like football is a good game and it gets kids and adults out from in front of the TV, encourages fitness and promotes social interactions and forges friendships.
Lions squad on 12:26 - May 7 with 1097 viewsBoundy

Lions squad on 22:55 - May 6 by majorraglan

Clubs down our way have decent kids sections, but lots of village clubs who used to turn out 2 or 3 teams now only turn out the 1. There’s a drop off around 15 or 16 years of age.

Rugby like football is a good game and it gets kids and adults out from in front of the TV, encourages fitness and promotes social interactions and forges friendships.

but that's the trend for most team sports . Swansea senior league has been in decline for far too long , the Swans promotion didn't help and the league hasn't recovered . This is a generation which really needs organised sport , of any kind , with obesity rates soaring and the lack of decent facilities especially in the poorer areas of the City we've a ticking time bomb if its not addressed as soon as .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Lions squad on 12:42 - May 7 with 1092 views73__73

Lions squad on 15:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Lions FAIL to sell fly-on-the-wall documentary rights for South Africa tour as Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon and Netflix all turn down chance for a repeat of 1997 epic Living With Lions"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-9548877/Lions-fail-sell-doc

Rugby is a dying sport.

Rugby at club level in Wales is dying, but the lions are a huge success.
That’s why they still go on tour , every 4 years. Very profitable.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Lions squad on 16:37 - May 7 with 1061 viewsbritferry

rugby and football is very strong at junior sections but they seem to be over exposed and by the time they get to the senior age, they stop playing.

As has been said, many rugby clubs used to have 2 or 3 teams, they now struggle for 1, likewise football, look what happened to the once prosperous Swansea Sunday league, it used to have 7 or 8 divisions, shrunk down to one and now gone completely.

Lions squad on 20:30 - May 7 with 1015 viewsmax936

Lions squad on 16:37 - May 7 by britferry

rugby and football is very strong at junior sections but they seem to be over exposed and by the time they get to the senior age, they stop playing.

As has been said, many rugby clubs used to have 2 or 3 teams, they now struggle for 1, likewise football, look what happened to the once prosperous Swansea Sunday league, it used to have 7 or 8 divisions, shrunk down to one and now gone completely.

Its society in general, lots of people have become couch potatoes lockdown hasn't helped of course, but lots of kids/young adults spend far to much time playing on Playstations Xboxes etc.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 20:51]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lions squad on 21:12 - May 7 with 991 viewsKeithHaynes

British & Irish Lions 2021 squad in full

Backs:

Josh Adams (Wales)
Bundee Aki (Ireland)
Dan Biggar (Wales)
Elliot Daly (England)
Gareth Davies (Wales)
Owen Farrell (England)
Chris Harris (Scotland)
Robbie Henshaw (Ireland)
Stuart Hogg (Scotland)
Conor Murray (Ireland)
Ali Price (Scotland)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Wales)
Finn Russell (Scotland)
Duhan van der Merwe (Scotland)
Anthony Watson (England)
Liam Williams (Wales)
Forwards:

Tadhg Beirne (Ireland)
Jack Conan (Ireland)
Luke Cowan-Dickie (England)
Tom Curry (England)
Zander Fagerson (Scotland)
Taulupe Faletau (Wales)
Tadhg Furlong (Ireland)
Jamie George (England)
Iain Henderson (Ireland)
Jonny Hill (England)
Maro Itoje (England)
Alun Wyn Jones (Wales) — captain
Wyn Jones (Wales)
Courtney Lawes (England)
Ken Owens (Wales)
Andrew Porter (Ireland)
Sam Simmonds (England)
Rory Sutherland (Scotland)
Justin Tipuric (Wales)
Mako Vunipola (England)
Hamish Watson (Scotland)

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lions squad on 00:55 - May 8 with 968 viewsjack_lord

Lions squad on 20:30 - May 7 by max936

Its society in general, lots of people have become couch potatoes lockdown hasn't helped of course, but lots of kids/young adults spend far to much time playing on Playstations Xboxes etc.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 20:51]

Steve, as my daughter says, "why do grown ups run around thinking they are professionals, it's quite embarrassing"
That's the modern world with so many other things to do.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Lions squad on 01:05 - May 8 with 966 viewsmax936

Lions squad on 00:55 - May 8 by jack_lord

Steve, as my daughter says, "why do grown ups run around thinking they are professionals, it's quite embarrassing"
That's the modern world with so many other things to do.

I've built a Koi pond, cost me a fortune and caused me no end of stress, it hasn't stopped there though, as the fish are stressing me out now, there's no end to it, keeps me from sitting on my fat arse every night after work though.

Still haven't got another Dobe, Mrs works 3 days, I'm fulltime, just not fair to have one right now, been over 5yrs since Maxy passed, I will have another though at some point, although I'm thinking more of a Rottie or a Rottie/Dobe cross.

Lions squad on 01:43 - May 8 with 958 viewsjack_lord

Lions squad on 01:05 - May 8 by max936

I've built a Koi pond, cost me a fortune and caused me no end of stress, it hasn't stopped there though, as the fish are stressing me out now, there's no end to it, keeps me from sitting on my fat arse every night after work though.

Still haven't got another Dobe, Mrs works 3 days, I'm fulltime, just not fair to have one right now, been over 5yrs since Maxy passed, I will have another though at some point, although I'm thinking more of a Rottie or a Rottie/Dobe cross.

5 years, seems like a few weeks ago, Shows how quickly time passes. You need a canine friend Steve.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Lions squad on 07:31 - May 8 with 931 views34dfgdf54

Lions squad on 15:42 - May 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rugby is a dying sport.

Tell that to the tens and tens of thousands paying 10k for the tour (including me).

PS - proud day for the city of Swansea with Alun Wyn leading the lions. Good on everyone at Bonymaen RFC!
Lions squad on 11:47 - May 8 with 890 viewsmax936

Lions squad on 01:43 - May 8 by jack_lord

5 years, seems like a few weeks ago, Shows how quickly time passes. You need a canine friend Steve.

May even be 6yrs, I'd love to go and get another dog now, but its impracticable at the moment, J.

Lions squad on 11:50 - May 8 with 889 viewsmax936

Lions squad on 07:31 - May 8 by 34dfgdf54

Tell that to the tens and tens of thousands paying 10k for the tour (including me).

PS - proud day for the city of Swansea with Alun Wyn leading the lions. Good on everyone at Bonymaen RFC!

I'd love to go to a Lions tour, New Zealand would be my preferred choice, but I'd go to any of them given the chance.

Hope you Enjoy

Lions squad on 11:57 - May 8 with 885 viewsonehunglow

Lions squad on 11:50 - May 8 by max936

I'd love to go to a Lions tour, New Zealand would be my preferred choice, but I'd go to any of them given the chance.

Hope you Enjoy

Me too,though Dunedin in mid July is a dark place

Lions squad on 14:46 - May 8 with 859 viewsbuilthjack

Congratulations to my mucker Wyn Jones on being selected. Well deserved.
He is also a Swans fan
[Post edited 8 May 2021 15:52]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024