Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? 08:31 - May 6 with 3404 viewsKeithHaynes

The supporters who don’t like his style and persona seem destined to never give him any credibility whatsoever, is it really that possible to dislike someone’s performance entirely without even the slightest bit of recognition even though it’s deserved ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 15:24 - May 6 with 1010 viewspencoedjack

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 14:35 - May 6 by A_Fans_Dad

I totally agree, which is why I ignore yours.

Lets be honest here fella the Dr's views are up there with the best on this forum.

Over the years I have disagreed with him on some things but with the exception of Fede he is usually spot on with his posts.

You could probably learn a lot by not ignoring them.
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 16:07 - May 6 with 974 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 15:24 - May 6 by pencoedjack

Lets be honest here fella the Dr's views are up there with the best on this forum.

Over the years I have disagreed with him on some things but with the exception of Fede he is usually spot on with his posts.

"best" is relative.He can append some tidy stuff but at times he lets his guard slip with some classic patronising digs at that he despises. He will deny that of course.

We can all be proven correct and also dumbass

I am far too humble to highlight the numerous times I have called out the truth -a it really stands.

At least this site allow some discussions
[Post edited 6 May 2021 16:09]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 16:11 - May 6 with 968 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 10:42 - May 6 by jack247

I don’t think anyone loves Steve Cooper.

His football isn’t the most aesthetic, we had a few bright spells during games earlier in the season, but they are few and far between. He’s a difficult guy to take to and as Dr W says further down the thread is great at deflecting blame but taking credit.

The question is, whether he deserves some credit. He’s got us to the playoffs twice in two seasons. Only Rodgers has managed that in recent memory. He’s done it with weaker teams (IMO) than we had in 2020/11 as well.

For me, as much as I’d love us to play entertaining football, yes he does.

I'm afraid that is not the impression I get.
Laudrup himself had pelters and nowhere near the love that is reserved for Cooper who ,whilst not bad,is ludicrously loved to death.

I might do a poll for the most loved manager-if I can bearsed

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 17:56 - May 6 with 972 viewsOldjack

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 13:35 - May 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

For me, he is obviously doing a great job.

We had no right to expect back to back play offs when every summer we sell the best players and spend a pittance on replacements.

His use of the loan market has been key, his willingness to adapt the formation, his seeming ability to pick the boys back up after they've been on a bad run.

I for one am grateful to Cooper.

theses last couple of months we've looked and played like a bottom-three side,lady luck has played a massive part in us ending up in the playoffs , We have the players who should have taken us into the top two ,he fuked that right up with his silly tactics and selection.I got no faith in him whatsoever.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 17:57 - May 6 with 972 viewsTreforys_Jack

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:52 - May 6 by Thornburyswan

Fair challenge Keith - for me you have to respect the league position & points collected over the last 2 seasons for what is a rookie manager & he warrants credit for that plus his connections with the younger U17/19 players & decent top club relationships at that level has led to some quality loan players.

My personal beef has been about the quality of our play & seeming lack of progress in our style, I appreciate the club is in the results business rather than the entertainment version but we have become barely watchable recently - feels like the financial benefit in promotion is the target rather than the sporting/style/achievement, IF (& that’s a big one) we were to make it up I’d expect a minimal spend WBA style plan on coming straight back down & look to utilise the media money to establish financial security (maybe even a sale) rather than sporting success.

All that said I’m slowly coming around to the reality of football in today’s Covid & ESL world and that might be the more strategic route regardless of how painful it is to watch.

Good post, saved me typing up something virtually identical.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 18:02]
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 18:07 - May 6 with 949 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ignore button should not exist. It is an affront to democrasy. Even the Chief has good challenging posts at times. I do not agree with him at all but he deserves to have is opinions to be examined and discussed. (rehashig of fake narratives or not)

Cooper does what he does very effectively. The limited game plan might reflect the limits of the players he has at his disposal. He may feel being defensive v Bournemouth is the best chance of beating them. One has to admit they are much stronger on paper. The England u17 team was full of talents and were not particualrly defensive I suspect.

Wise sage since Toshack era

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 18:11 - May 6 with 958 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thank you for your opinion.
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:02 - May 6 with 908 viewsjack247

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 16:11 - May 6 by onehunglow

I'm afraid that is not the impression I get.
Laudrup himself had pelters and nowhere near the love that is reserved for Cooper who ,whilst not bad,is ludicrously loved to death.

I might do a poll for the most loved manager-if I can bearsed

You’re tripping if you think Cooper has more adulation than Laudrup got.

He’s reached the playoffs twice in two seasons. Higher finishes than Martinez, Sousa and Potter.

I don’t know where you’re getting this ‘love’ for him from. No one on here likes the style of football, no one finds him engaging or charismatic, I doubt anyone is impressed by the way he blames players for defeats.

It’s pretty much split between those who give him credit for the results he’s got in spite of all the above and those who can’t wait for him to leave the club.
Login to get fewer ads

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 00:50 - May 7 with 874 viewsChief

When's he's left the club probably. Be careful what you wish for.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:05 - May 7 with 838 viewsDr_Winston

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:02 - May 6 by jack247

He’s reached the playoffs twice in two seasons. Higher finishes than Martinez, Sousa and Potter.

I don’t know where you’re getting this ‘love’ for him from. No one on here likes the style of football, no one finds him engaging or charismatic, I doubt anyone is impressed by the way he blames players for defeats.

It’s pretty much split between those who give him credit for the results he’s got in spite of all the above and those who can’t wait for him to leave the club.

In Perchy's world, anyone who doesn't slag someone off as much as he does "loves" them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:34 - May 7 with 823 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:02 - May 6 by jack247

Laudrup deserved it but Cooper does not.Proportional.

Anyway,te only trips Ive been on have been legal.

Drugs for me are and were a no no

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 10:45 - May 7 with 807 viewsjack247

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:34 - May 7 by onehunglow

Laudrup deserved it but Cooper does not.Proportional.

Anyway,te only trips Ive been on have been legal.

Drugs for me are and were a no no

Laudrup did deserve it, certainly in his first season.

Stating that he had nowhere near the love Cooper does though is just bizarre. He was idolised, still is by some. Nobody idolises Cooper. Some appreciate the results he’s got, some think they are in spite of him, some just want him out.
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 10:57 - May 7 with 789 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 10:45 - May 7 by jack247

Laudrup did deserve it, certainly in his first season.

Stating that he had nowhere near the love Cooper does though is just bizarre. He was idolised, still is by some. Nobody idolises Cooper. Some appreciate the results he’s got, some think they are in spite of him, some just want him out.

Fair comment 247 .

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 11:34 - May 7 with 792 viewsjack247

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:05 - May 7 by Dr_Winston

In Perchy's world, anyone who doesn't slag someone off as much as he does "loves" them.

That explains the Woody, Routledge and Naughton love then
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 11:51 - May 7 with 776 viewsDr_Winston

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 11:34 - May 7 by jack247

Pretty much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 14:00 - May 7 with 726 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 11:34 - May 7 by jack247

The Big Three .

Great band of the sixties

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:56 - May 17 with 622 viewsAndyCole

Steve's stock is now rising exponentially. The Reading result and performance was the watershed. A new chapter beckoned from that moment.

Tonight was masterful. Totally commanding, men vs boys. Ismael was outmaneuvered, out-foxed and found woefully lacking vs Cooper's masterclass of one-upmanship.

No doubt Cooper's career is being shaped by some of the industry's best advisors. Trevor B has a vested interest. The likes of John Morris are already on the case. His advisors will be proactively engaged with top level suitors.

The way in which he has propelled young players' careers is the standout success, together with getting the very best out of a mid-ranked squad on a mid-ranked budget. Most especially the way in which he has crafted a winning front-line without an out and out striker. Lowe is testimony to his masterful coaching up top.

Icing on the cake is his clever, respectful, calm under pressure media presence.

Maybe some of his less insightful knee-jerk detractors on here only now see his value. Owners and CEOs did some time ago and are now chomping at the bit.

Cooper's Swans are flying.............

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:48 - May 18 with 558 viewsKilkennyjack

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:56 - May 17 by AndyCole

Steve's stock is now rising exponentially. The Reading result and performance was the watershed. A new chapter beckoned from that moment.

Tonight was masterful. Totally commanding, men vs boys. Ismael was outmaneuvered, out-foxed and found woefully lacking vs Cooper's masterclass of one-upmanship.

No doubt Cooper's career is being shaped by some of the industry's best advisors. Trevor B has a vested interest. The likes of John Morris are already on the case. His advisors will be proactively engaged with top level suitors.

The way in which he has propelled young players' careers is the standout success, together with getting the very best out of a mid-ranked squad on a mid-ranked budget. Most especially the way in which he has crafted a winning front-line without an out and out striker. Lowe is testimony to his masterful coaching up top.

Icing on the cake is his clever, respectful, calm under pressure media presence.

Maybe some of his less insightful knee-jerk detractors on here only now see his value. Owners and CEOs did some time ago and are now chomping at the bit.

Cooper's Swans are flying.............

Well done last night Steve.

You should be very proud.

We can do this 👏🏾

Beware of the Risen People

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 09:32 - May 18 with 509 viewsCatullus

It's obvious Cooper gets more right than wrong, it's those wrong things he doesn't seem to learne from though. He is still poor at utilising the bench, he can be overly negative. Last night we invited Barnsley onto us by hoofing the ball away. It was just as well they are all huff and puff but little real quality, we of course have Ayew whose quality made the difference.
We have to accept some shortcomings in the squad and I have always said I can accept us being poor but I will never accept a lack of effort, last night wasn't pretty but there was plenty of effort.
It was just as well though that Woody was on form and played as a sweeper keeper at times, if he'd stayed in his 6 yard box there were a few occassions that may have resulted in a different scoreline.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 09:42 - May 18 with 493 viewsonehunglow

So the answer to the OP is self evident .
Steve HAS also had credit even when not really deserved.
His fans are now out on force aiming barbs at the non believers.
It's what happens.

Let's unite for once eh

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 12:13 - May 18 with 456 viewsKeithHaynes

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 09:42 - May 18 by onehunglow

So the answer to the OP is self evident .
Steve HAS also had credit even when not really deserved.
His fans are now out on force aiming barbs at the non believers.
It's what happens.

Let's unite for once eh

We are, we follow the swans.
It’s that awful dislike that some people have for certain things, people or situations that needs managing in everyone’s life. Us v them Etc.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 12:39 - May 18 with 432 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 12:13 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

We are, we follow the swans.
It’s that awful dislike that some people have for certain things, people or situations that needs managing in everyone’s life. Us v them Etc.

But we cannot love all thing Keith.
I hated my old mum playing Julie Andrews constantly on the Sound of Music LP. I hated the film too.

I hate thieves,especially burglars,drink drivers,drug and drug users,the Cold and Damp,Corrupt politicians,cold soup, saggy lettuce,squashed tomatoes,Tardyness and liars.

Apart from that,I love the world .

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 12:49 - May 18 with 433 viewsBadlands

Credit when he manages a game and more when he gets a teams playing football.
Not many could have forecast Woodman's performance last night and he with the CBs was the difference between the teams.
With our record of conceding late goals, Barnsley barnstorming and some players looking out on their feet why not use subs to take the sting out of the game, waste time, give players a breather and even bolster the defensive wall?
His decisions make life a while lot harder than it needs to be.
Hopefully he won't bottle the second leg as happened last season.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 12:50]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 12:59 - May 18 with 429 viewsvetchonian

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:52 - May 6 by Thornburyswan

Fair challenge Keith - for me you have to respect the league position & points collected over the last 2 seasons for what is a rookie manager & he warrants credit for that plus his connections with the younger U17/19 players & decent top club relationships at that level has led to some quality loan players.

My personal beef has been about the quality of our play & seeming lack of progress in our style, I appreciate the club is in the results business rather than the entertainment version but we have become barely watchable recently - feels like the financial benefit in promotion is the target rather than the sporting/style/achievement, IF (& that’s a big one) we were to make it up I’d expect a minimal spend WBA style plan on coming straight back down & look to utilise the media money to establish financial security (maybe even a sale) rather than sporting success.

All that said I’m slowly coming around to the reality of football in today’s Covid & ESL world and that might be the more strategic route regardless of how painful it is to watch.

Very well put, I have said all along that our owners have targeted Cooper with a return to the PL before the parachute payments end.
To achieve this Cooper has recognised it will not be possible by always trying to play attractive entertaining football.
The switch from an approach of results only to one of entertainment which will hopefully lead to results was made by owners who were "fans" and enjoyed seeing pretty football. This revolution was brought about in the league below where we are today...and in a less pressure environment.We now have a new set of owners who rarely watch us so the "onfield" package is not as important...to them its results and our league standing. Thankfully we have not dropped through the leagues or appear to be in financial peril currently as many of feared we might be having been around to witness the ramifications of our last fall from the top table.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 13:51 - May 18 with 421 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Unfortunately to the majority of our fans the "image" of Cooper's ability is that he continues to play passenger players for the whole game.
He still dosn't seem to communicate to the players on field, or if he does it is ineffective.
He still doesn't relieve any pressure by using all his subs.
The players still give their all (bar one) and still manage to get the win despite what we see and disapprove of.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 13:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024