Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86396 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 03:20 - Aug 22 with 2211 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 10:43 - Aug 20 by felixstowe_jack

Bereaved relatives of coronavirus victims in Wales are demanding a Wales only inquiry into the Welsh government's handling of the pandemic in Wales.

The Welsh government response
"A UK wide inquiry was best for understanding the experience of people in Wales "

What has Drakeford and Co got to hide the NHS is devolved in Wales but he wants to leave it to the UK to decide if Wales handled the pandemic well.

Walesonline have a lengthy article about the National Governments handling of the pandemic. Vaccines aside it’s been poor, the awarding of contracts appears to be a real potential cause for concern.

We need a UK wide ranging PE in the near future, I suspect though it will be a cover up with the terms of reference dictated by the politicians who will be intent on protecting their own positions,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/19-mistakes-uk-government-made-21320
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 3:20]
Mr Drakeford on 07:38 - Aug 22 with 2181 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 03:20 - Aug 22 by majorraglan

Walesonline have a lengthy article about the National Governments handling of the pandemic. Vaccines aside it’s been poor, the awarding of contracts appears to be a real potential cause for concern.

We need a UK wide ranging PE in the near future, I suspect though it will be a cover up with the terms of reference dictated by the politicians who will be intent on protecting their own positions,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/19-mistakes-uk-government-made-21320
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 3:20]

Seems Drakeford will take any credit for anything good about Wales in the UK report but will deflect blame onto the UK government for anything that went wrong in Wales.

The NHS is devolved in Wales so a full inquiry should be held about Wales handling of the pandemic.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 00:20 - Aug 23 with 2117 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 07:38 - Aug 22 by felixstowe_jack

Seems Drakeford will take any credit for anything good about Wales in the UK report but will deflect blame onto the UK government for anything that went wrong in Wales.

The NHS is devolved in Wales so a full inquiry should be held about Wales handling of the pandemic.

Wouldn't that be what all leaders and politicians do? Don't be so naive!
Mr Drakeford on 07:42 - Aug 23 with 2087 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 00:20 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

Wouldn't that be what all leaders and politicians do? Don't be so naive!

You surprise me with your comment , according to some he's perfect

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 15:53 - Aug 25 with 1977 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Welsh government has been referred to the monopoly and mergers commission. There is only one coronavirus test available for those returning from holiday. It is the most expensive in the UK.

Mr Drakeford on 22:05 - Aug 25 with 1924 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 15:53 - Aug 25 by felixstowe_jack

I see the Welsh government has been referred to the monopoly and mergers commission. There is only one coronavirus test available for those returning from holiday. It is the most expensive in the UK.

It isn’t the most expensive in the U.K, as of last week the average price was £92 and the WG price was £88 but that’s been reduced by about £20. Some places are charging £399.

Drakeford and the Scottish government insist on the NHS test as the results are fed direct in to the system and they can monitor sequencing and link in with track and trace, people who take the private test and test positive could in theory bury the result.

Since last week, Sajid Javid has removed the licences of a number of providers who were alleged to be providing a substandard service, this was on the back of complaints from people who were ripped off.

The WG tests are £68 which in my opinion is still a bit steep, however their quality doesn’t seem to be an issue.
Mr Drakeford on 22:08 - Aug 25 with 1917 viewsjohnlangy

Mr Drakeford on 22:05 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

It isn’t the most expensive in the U.K, as of last week the average price was £92 and the WG price was £88 but that’s been reduced by about £20. Some places are charging £399.

Drakeford and the Scottish government insist on the NHS test as the results are fed direct in to the system and they can monitor sequencing and link in with track and trace, people who take the private test and test positive could in theory bury the result.

Since last week, Sajid Javid has removed the licences of a number of providers who were alleged to be providing a substandard service, this was on the back of complaints from people who were ripped off.

The WG tests are £68 which in my opinion is still a bit steep, however their quality doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Hardly worth bothering major. Many people on this forum aren't interested in the truth.
Mr Drakeford on 07:22 - Aug 27 with 1820 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scotland has announced its own inquiry into the Scottish government's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Still silence from Drakeford. What had he got to hide?

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 08:16 - Aug 27 with 1802 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 07:22 - Aug 27 by felixstowe_jack

Scotland has announced its own inquiry into the Scottish government's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

Still silence from Drakeford. What had he got to hide?

He’s already agreed that there will be a specific section looking at Wales in the UK enquiry.

Why don’t you ask Boris to bring the national enquiry forward.
Mr Drakeford on 11:42 - Aug 27 with 1783 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 22:05 - Aug 25 by majorraglan

Personally I'd rather take the Senedd's approved test and know the results were reliable AND being used for the official stats to help all of us.

It would be better cheaper, obviously, but it's a public health issue so maybe we need to get real?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mr Drakeford on 14:44 - Aug 27 with 1756 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 08:16 - Aug 27 by majorraglan

He’s already agreed that there will be a specific section looking at Wales in the UK enquiry.

Why don’t you ask Boris to bring the national enquiry forward.

NHS is devolved in Wales , Drakeford does not need to ask Boris to hold an inquiry in Wales.

Mr Drakeford on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 1735 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 14:44 - Aug 27 by felixstowe_jack

NHS is devolved in Wales , Drakeford does not need to ask Boris to hold an inquiry in Wales.

Indeed it is, but a lot of the policy making was initially guided by Sage, PHE and Westminster. We need full a thorough Public Enquiry with no stone left unturned.
Mr Drakeford on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 1731 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 18:47 - Aug 27 by majorraglan

Indeed it is, but a lot of the policy making was initially guided by Sage, PHE and Westminster. We need full a thorough Public Enquiry with no stone left unturned.

Whatever inquiry happens, a lot of stones will never be disturbed.

Drakeford and Gething made the vast majority of decisions affecting Wales so a Wales only inquiry should happen.
I'd be asking why did you get the social care testing situation so badly wrong and why did you think that getting people vaccinated wasn't a race!
Many lives were lost when we sent covid victims back to care homes and getting us vaccinated absolutely was a race.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Mr Drakeford on 00:30 - Aug 29 with 1664 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 19:00 - Aug 27 by Catullus

Whatever inquiry happens, a lot of stones will never be disturbed.

Drakeford and Gething made the vast majority of decisions affecting Wales so a Wales only inquiry should happen.
I'd be asking why did you get the social care testing situation so badly wrong and why did you think that getting people vaccinated wasn't a race!
Many lives were lost when we sent covid victims back to care homes and getting us vaccinated absolutely was a race.

We didn't send covid patients back to homes. They were discharged when they were deemed no longer infectious. They may have been still unwell, but the infectious period only lasts for about 2 weeks at most, hence the quarantine time of 2 weeks.

The virus was taken into the care homes by temp staff moving from home to home, and initially visitors until that was stopped.Once it's in the homes it's going to go right throughout the place as you can't really quarantine old ppl, many with dementia.
Mr Drakeford on 13:02 - Aug 30 with 1565 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 00:30 - Aug 29 by controversial_jack

We didn't send covid patients back to homes. They were discharged when they were deemed no longer infectious. They may have been still unwell, but the infectious period only lasts for about 2 weeks at most, hence the quarantine time of 2 weeks.

The virus was taken into the care homes by temp staff moving from home to home, and initially visitors until that was stopped.Once it's in the homes it's going to go right throughout the place as you can't really quarantine old ppl, many with dementia.

Ummm, no, not quite. They didn't test people for covid then sent them back to care homes. Yes visitors and staff took covid in as well but people just back from hospital showed symptoms and were infectious,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/care-homes-coronavirus-welsh-gover

The report suggests it was done to clear hospital beds yet we had the Enfys hospitals that remained mostly empty. It was a negligent mess.

Mr Drakeford on 13:31 - Aug 30 with 1555 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 13:02 - Aug 30 by Catullus

Ummm, no, not quite. They didn't test people for covid then sent them back to care homes. Yes visitors and staff took covid in as well but people just back from hospital showed symptoms and were infectious,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/care-homes-coronavirus-welsh-gover

The report suggests it was done to clear hospital beds yet we had the Enfys hospitals that remained mostly empty. It was a negligent mess.

There's no point in testing patients after 2 weeks as the test is unreliable and inaccurate as I have already explained. The infectious period only last 2 weeks at most, hence the reason we are asked to quarantine. They may show symptoms, but that's not the same as being infectious. Docs won't discharge patients if they are infectious, and they know when this is.

The reason this was put about is, care home owners trying to shift the blame from their shoddy practices onto the NHS.
Mr Drakeford on 20:19 - Aug 30 with 1515 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 13:31 - Aug 30 by controversial_jack

There's no point in testing patients after 2 weeks as the test is unreliable and inaccurate as I have already explained. The infectious period only last 2 weeks at most, hence the reason we are asked to quarantine. They may show symptoms, but that's not the same as being infectious. Docs won't discharge patients if they are infectious, and they know when this is.

The reason this was put about is, care home owners trying to shift the blame from their shoddy practices onto the NHS.

You're wrong again, people are infectious around 2 days before they start showing symptoms. So if someone is symptomatic today they were infectious Saturday. Sending them back to a care home when they were showing symptoms was crazy and negligent.

Mr Drakeford on 23:58 - Aug 30 with 1486 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 20:19 - Aug 30 by Catullus

You're wrong again, people are infectious around 2 days before they start showing symptoms. So if someone is symptomatic today they were infectious Saturday. Sending them back to a care home when they were showing symptoms was crazy and negligent.

Two weeks will cover the infectious period assymptomatic or not. If patients are in hospital they would probably have been in for longer than that. Don't you think doctors know this. As I explained to you , which you don't seem to grasp. Having symptoms is not the same as being infectious.

They were sent back to their homes to convalesce or they would be bed blocking otherwise. Not ideal granted, but there was no alternative. As soon as they were well enough they were discharged. Doctors didn't and won't discharge infectious patients, that's total nonsense.
Mr Drakeford on 12:21 - Aug 31 with 1434 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 23:58 - Aug 30 by controversial_jack

Two weeks will cover the infectious period assymptomatic or not. If patients are in hospital they would probably have been in for longer than that. Don't you think doctors know this. As I explained to you , which you don't seem to grasp. Having symptoms is not the same as being infectious.

They were sent back to their homes to convalesce or they would be bed blocking otherwise. Not ideal granted, but there was no alternative. As soon as they were well enough they were discharged. Doctors didn't and won't discharge infectious patients, that's total nonsense.

Patients weren't tested and were sent back to care homes, that is a stark staring fact,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/care-home-coronavirus-death-gething-

That is why they are talking in terms of it being a scandal. They knew about a third of patients were asymptomatic but they didn't test and the result was hundreds of elderly people dying who may no have otherwise, 1,680 covid deaths in Welsh care homes. There was no routine testing and it cost people their lives.

Mr Drakeford on 11:05 - Sep 1 with 1357 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Catullus

Patients weren't tested and were sent back to care homes, that is a stark staring fact,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/care-home-coronavirus-death-gething-

That is why they are talking in terms of it being a scandal. They knew about a third of patients were asymptomatic but they didn't test and the result was hundreds of elderly people dying who may no have otherwise, 1,680 covid deaths in Welsh care homes. There was no routine testing and it cost people their lives.

I've explained to you why they weren't tested, but it hasn't sunk in. I can't do any more.
Mr Drakeford on 07:53 - Sep 3 with 1293 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Welsh government is considering introducing tolls on the Brynglas tunnels to cut down congestion and pollution. Cars registered before 2006 and HGV vehicles will pay a pollution toll.

Mr Drakeford on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 1279 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 07:53 - Sep 3 by felixstowe_jack

I see the Welsh government is considering introducing tolls on the Brynglas tunnels to cut down congestion and pollution. Cars registered before 2006 and HGV vehicles will pay a pollution toll.

It’s a consultation exercise -but I was fuming when I saw this. I get the need to comply with air quality legislation and cities like London, Birmingham already have charging zones in place re pollution/ congestion, but the is an arterial route that the rest of Wales relies on, it’s not a city centre shopping area.

The WG had something like 3,000 responses so the survey has hardly been highly publicised. Had I known about it I’d have completed it and given them a piece of my mind.

Mr Drakeford on 09:50 - Sep 3 with 1263 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 11:05 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

I've explained to you why they weren't tested, but it hasn't sunk in. I can't do any more.

They weren't tested because the WG expected the care homes to deal with any outbreaks despite (in the beginning) a lack of PPE and training with care home staff going sick too and staff shortages affecting resident care.

The WG wanted to clear bed spaces, they pressured care home owners into taking residents back without tests, Jack Straw did a report and described this as a scandal.

Mr Drakeford on 10:08 - Sep 3 with 1255 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 07:53 - Sep 3 by felixstowe_jack

Great idea, hit those who cannot afford a newer car and penalise industry.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 10:15 - Sep 3 with 1252 viewsBoundy

Cracking Idea , have the traffic at a stop , idling away whilst contributing to an already polluted-residential area to pay yet another tax on an already overly taxed section of society , increasing distribution costs , driving up prices , reducing wages . Who exactly are this fools in charge

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024