Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What formation 15:25 - May 9 with 1776 viewsthornabyswan

4 or 5 at the back what should Cooper go for
What will Cooper go for.

Will Hourihane start.

Who would be a manager eh !

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What formation on 15:33 - May 9 with 1772 viewsKeithHaynes

Got to be the five mate, especially away first leg , go five then four in midfield, then one up top.
The central back three should be Cabango, Guehi and Bennett for me.
Roberts and Manning wing backs.
Midfield Grimes, Fulton, Smith, a wider Lowe
Ayew.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What formation on 15:45 - May 9 with 1757 viewsthornabyswan

What formation on 15:33 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

Got to be the five mate, especially away first leg , go five then four in midfield, then one up top.
Ayew.

Yes looks a good side that hard to disagree.

Possibly Bidwell for Manning but I think Manning just about.

Hourihane for Lowe possibly but would be lacking pace then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What formation on 15:50 - May 9 with 1737 viewstrampie

Ayew.

I would expect us to play 5 at the back to incorporate our wingbacks in the team, I would think Bidwell would get the nod over Manning, will Hourihane start is a big question, I will guess yes if pushed but would not put any money on it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What formation on 16:17 - May 9 with 1735 viewsThornburyswan

What formation on 15:50 - May 9 by trampie

I would expect us to play 5 at the back to incorporate our wingbacks in the team, I would think Bidwell would get the nod over Manning, will Hourihane start is a big question, I will guess yes if pushed but would not put any money on it.

Yeh me too - in terms in a 3-5-2 formation return - although I’d prefer a 4-3-3 for the home leg, clearly depends on result of the away one but assuming everyone is fit for Barnsley away I’d be going with Woodman/Nauts, Guehi, Bennett/Roberts, Fulton, Grimes, Smith, Bidwell/Ayew & Lowe with a view to bringing Hourihane, Dhanda, Cullen or Whitaker on if we need to be more attacking in the second half.

For the home leg & assuming we are not 2/3 behind then Nauts & Smith benched for Hourihane & Cullen in a 4-3-3 formation.
What formation on 18:17 - May 9 with 1681 viewsonehunglow

Back 3 . Bennett ,Ben !Marc

Roberts Smith Grimes Fulton Manning

AA Jamal.

Main thing is attitude .

Get the fork into them from the start

Floreat Swansea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What formation on 18:36 - May 9 with 1669 viewsjack247

Barnsley press high and aggressively. If they manage to neutralise Roberts and Bidwell/Manning with it, we’ll have nowhere to go and will resort to long balls to Ayew and Lowe. They’ll be feeding off scraps and we’ll be under wave after wave of pressure.

With three up front, we can at least give them something to think about defensively.
What formation on 18:50 - May 9 with 1649 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 18:36 - May 9 by jack247

Barnsley press high and aggressively. If they manage to neutralise Roberts and Bidwell/Manning with it, we’ll have nowhere to go and will resort to long balls to Ayew and Lowe. They’ll be feeding off scraps and we’ll be under wave after wave of pressure.

With three up front, we can at least give them something to think about defensively.

Frankly,Im not really sure which is better.Attitude will decide this.

What formation on 19:09 - May 9 with 1645 viewsangryjack

Works well if we have a lot of possession but if we don't that three up front is pointless and we become deeper as two of the three drop to help out and again we find our front man isolated when we win ball back...
Login to get fewer ads

What formation on 19:11 - May 9 with 1641 viewsmax936

This all day.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What formation on 19:18 - May 9 with 1636 viewsjack247

What formation on 19:09 - May 9 by angryjack

Works well if we have a lot of possession but if we don't that three up front is pointless and we become deeper as two of the three drop to help out and again we find our front man isolated when we win ball back...

But effectively with 5 in midfield, ergo more possession in decent areas.

I’m not against the 532 and if Cooper thinks we can overcome their press, spaces would open up. My worry is if they subdue our wingbacks, we’ve got no other way of playing in that formation and end up playing long balls to Ayew and Lowe who will struggle to hold onto it.

Gut feeling is 433, just based on us playing that way in the last two games which were effectively playoff rehearsals.
What formation on 19:18 - May 9 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 19:11 - May 9 by max936

This all day.

Had a dream last night.I kid you not

We beat Barnsley then meet Bournemouth who upset the Camel' s team.

We then win on penalties with Woody saving the 5th penalty which see us through.

What formation on 19:23 - May 9 with 1631 viewsReslovenSwan1

In my opinion this is the time the big players come to the party. Hourahane, Ayew to a lesser extent Lowe. With Guehi and Roberts future big players. Swansea will not grind through wins with Fulton Smith and Grimes. Its the Ayew's and Horahane's that break opposition hearts.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What formation on 19:29 - May 9 with 1627 viewsjack247

What formation on 19:23 - May 9 by ReslovenSwan1

In my opinion this is the time the big players come to the party. Hourahane, Ayew to a lesser extent Lowe. With Guehi and Roberts future big players. Swansea will not grind through wins with Fulton Smith and Grimes. Its the Ayew's and Horahane's that break opposition hearts.

If Hourihane worked half as hard as Fulton, Smith and Grimes, he would be a hell of a player.
What formation on 19:31 - May 9 with 1626 viewsangryjack

What formation on 19:18 - May 9 by jack247

But effectively with 5 in midfield, ergo more possession in decent areas.

I’m not against the 532 and if Cooper thinks we can overcome their press, spaces would open up. My worry is if they subdue our wingbacks, we’ve got no other way of playing in that formation and end up playing long balls to Ayew and Lowe who will struggle to hold onto it.

Gut feeling is 433, just based on us playing that way in the last two games which were effectively playoff rehearsals.

Agree totally if sides isolate our wing backs when we play a five,werun out of ideas,its been proven..but also when we have played 433 against teams and not had much of the ball we have found ourselves with our front men dropping to help out and gone back to hitting the channel when winning back possession only to lose it again,,personally I would play 41311with one deep holding midfielder three in front of him a floating number ten and striker
What formation on 19:53 - May 9 with 1610 viewsCatullus

I'd try to catch them cold and go 4-2-3-1. Fulton and Grimes deep but Ayew in the 10 role and Whittaker out wide. From there it's easy to change to 532 should we need to.

That won't happen so I'll go with 4-3-3. Barnsley probably won't expect that either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What formation on 21:22 - May 9 with 1580 viewsKeithHaynes

What formation on 19:18 - May 9 by onehunglow

Had a dream last night.I kid you not

We beat Barnsley then meet Bournemouth who upset the Camel' s team.

We then win on penalties with Woody saving the 5th penalty which see us through.

That’s one hell of a dream, baileys snifter last night ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What formation on 00:28 - May 10 with 1533 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew.

Bidwell definitely over Manning as he has more of an edge, best crosser at the club and can be a goal threat.

Routledge in the middle of the MF for all three games is IMPERATIVE

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What formation on 07:10 - May 10 with 1477 viewsbuilthjack

Ayew.

That's the stumpy Christmas tree formation. Hopefully without a fairy up top.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What formation on 07:49 - May 10 with 1470 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 21:22 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

That’s one hell of a dream, baileys snifter last night ?

Turned into a nightmare when Woody ran off with my missus

What formation on 08:56 - May 10 with 1449 viewsThornburyswan

What formation on 07:49 - May 10 by onehunglow

Turned into a nightmare when Woody ran off with my missus

Fear not OHL he never leaves his 6-yard box so wouldn’t have run far!
What formation on 08:58 - May 10 with 1446 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 08:56 - May 10 by Thornburyswan

Fear not OHL he never leaves his 6-yard box so wouldn’t have run far!

allo Thorny.

True enough and he's not dominant in the box .

What formation on 09:31 - May 10 with 1435 viewsjack247

What formation on 08:58 - May 10 by onehunglow

allo Thorny.

True enough and he's not dominant in the box .

At least there’s a good chance he’d keep your sheets clean
What formation on 09:52 - May 10 with 1428 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 09:31 - May 10 by jack247

I like that 247.

Nothing worse than stained sheets after a night's adult fun.

Best say no more as the Guvna might give u a yellow card.

What formation on 10:11 - May 10 with 1415 viewsCatullus

What formation on 09:31 - May 10 by jack247

He wouldn't catch anything either

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What formation on 10:18 - May 10 with 1407 viewsonehunglow

What formation on 10:11 - May 10 by Catullus

He wouldn't catch anything either

Woody's biggest issue must surely be his barber or hairdresser.He seems to frequent the same that Grimes visits. Remember Bert the Busy Man Barber in Gendros.

Horrendous memories.In those days,they asked kids what they wanted then imply ignored any reply. You normally ended up with fag ash down your neck,then you d go home and have a belt off your Ma cos he didnt take enough off.

Being a tw@t -at 16- I had my head virtually shaved a my old man gave me a hellof a time for not having a proper haircut and sent me back to Nigel (St Helens Rd) .I told him to shave it off. This was 1967/68. This was a time when we were growing our hair so I stood out down the Rank.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 10:20]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024