Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hama and Israel -again 09:39 - May 12 with 5896 viewsonehunglow

The story goes on and on.
Both harking back to Biblical times claiming lands as their own bequeathed to them by a God that has overseen billions killed in his name .
Both intransigent ,both unrelenting,both unforgiving, both cause celebres for countries that should have nothing to do with either side.

Where is your loving God?

[Post edited 12 May 2021 9:40]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hama and Israel -again on 20:49 - May 12 with 1040 viewsAguycalledJack

Can somebody tell me who displaced who first? Did the Jews displace the Arabs or vice versa? I remember reading an article about a french Jewish writer who was anti Israel and anti Zionist (Can’t remember his name) who when researching a book had his anti Israel views challenged by his research and ended up writing a book about the Arab countries displacing and persecuting 100s of thousands of Jews who had always resided in Arab states. That isn’t something you hear or read About very often.
Hama and Israel -again on 20:50 - May 12 with 1034 viewsKeithHaynes

Hama and Israel -again on 20:49 - May 12 by AguycalledJack

Can somebody tell me who displaced who first? Did the Jews displace the Arabs or vice versa? I remember reading an article about a french Jewish writer who was anti Israel and anti Zionist (Can’t remember his name) who when researching a book had his anti Israel views challenged by his research and ended up writing a book about the Arab countries displacing and persecuting 100s of thousands of Jews who had always resided in Arab states. That isn’t something you hear or read About very often.

It all sort of got iffy in 1946.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hama and Israel -again on 20:52 - May 12 with 1031 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 20:50 - May 12 by KeithHaynes

It all sort of got iffy in 1946.

Maybe we should not have promised them a homeland 30 years earlier.

Hama and Israel -again on 21:06 - May 12 with 1008 viewsDr_Winston

The Jews have inhabited the area for thousands of years. Palestine has existed as a concept for about the same length of time. Islam has existed for about 1300 years.

Basically it's a mess full of religious shitkickers that nobody should really care about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hama and Israel -again on 22:36 - May 12 with 945 viewscontroversial_jack

Hama and Israel -again on 16:19 - May 12 by Groo

Who was it that forced people out of their homes then, who's expanding settlements displacing the people who lived there for a 1000 years, don't tell me, its the Chinese isn't it.

Spot on! These Israeli settlers are non nice families looking for some nice farmland to nurture, they are state sponsored.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hama and Israel -again on 23:12 - May 12 with 918 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Hama and Israel -again on 16:19 - May 12 by Groo

Who was it that forced people out of their homes then, who's expanding settlements displacing the people who lived there for a 1000 years, don't tell me, its the Chinese isn't it.

Question how did Isreal come about.
a. The jews invaded the area and conquered the people, casting them from their homes and claiming the land for themselves. Your version.
b. It was granted to the Jewish people after the second world war. Based on the guilt of the rest of the world for allowing the Germans to slaughter 6 million of them. It was granted to them as a "land of their own" where they would no longer be persecuted. My version.

Just a shame they never did get the Arabs to agree to it.

As for Palestine, that area has been invaded and contolled by about a dozen different ethnic groups in the last 5,000 years.
Hama and Israel -again on 00:22 - May 13 with 877 viewsGroo

and Jews lived there the entire time.

The issue is not that the State of Israel was created, its the fact they continue to expand, taking more and more land, displacing the people living there.

How about they stop.

I should add, it was promised after WWI, Jewish people were migrating in numbers since the end of the 19C, WWII was a massive influx but they had started before that.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 0:30]

Groo does what Groo does best

Hama and Israel -again on 07:21 - May 13 with 818 viewsProfessor

Hama and Israel -again on 23:12 - May 12 by A_Fans_Dad

Question how did Isreal come about.
a. The jews invaded the area and conquered the people, casting them from their homes and claiming the land for themselves. Your version.
b. It was granted to the Jewish people after the second world war. Based on the guilt of the rest of the world for allowing the Germans to slaughter 6 million of them. It was granted to them as a "land of their own" where they would no longer be persecuted. My version.

Just a shame they never did get the Arabs to agree to it.

As for Palestine, that area has been invaded and contolled by about a dozen different ethnic groups in the last 5,000 years.

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/conflict-Palestine

Not so rosy. My grandfather was an MP there. OHL knows my views on Israel having worked there. Broadly he and Winston are right.

Bye
Login to get fewer ads

Hama and Israel -again on 08:31 - May 13 with 801 viewsonehunglow

Thanks for popping in Paul

Hama and Israel -again on 08:42 - May 13 with 798 viewsLohengrin

Hama and Israel -again on 07:21 - May 13 by Professor

https://www.nam.ac.uk/explore/conflict-Palestine

Not so rosy. My grandfather was an MP there. OHL knows my views on Israel having worked there. Broadly he and Winston are right.

Bye

I used to know a lot of the old Palestine hands, Prof. They were mostly Burma Star members too, my grandfather and two of his brothers among them.

Your grandfather the MP, was he from Neath? It wasn’t Glan by any chance, was it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Hama and Israel -again on 08:49 - May 13 with 795 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 08:42 - May 13 by Lohengrin

I used to know a lot of the old Palestine hands, Prof. They were mostly Burma Star members too, my grandfather and two of his brothers among them.

Your grandfather the MP, was he from Neath? It wasn’t Glan by any chance, was it?

Does he mean MP in Israel or a jewish one here.
Impressive list of Jews in British politics

Hama and Israel -again on 08:56 - May 13 with 790 viewsLohengrin

Hama and Israel -again on 08:49 - May 13 by onehunglow

MP as in Military Policeman, a red cap.

Hama and Israel -again on 08:57 - May 13 with 789 viewsProfessor

Military Policeman
Hama and Israel -again on 08:59 - May 13 with 787 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 08:57 - May 13 by Professor

Military Policeman

Say no more

Hama and Israel -again on 10:08 - May 13 with 761 viewsShiningPorth

Hama and Israel -again on 08:42 - May 13 by Lohengrin

He was from Spalding in Lincolnshire Loh-Joined in 1936 and primarily in Sherwood Foresters. Was in the BEF in 1940 but was one of the less fortunate ones cut off and marched the length of the Loire and down to La Rochelle where he got out in June (I think). The Iceland garrison 1941-1943 before back for D-Day. Wounded (like Forrest Gump) later in 1944 by a shot to the buttocks in the Netherlands. Recuperation in South Wales where he met my grandmother. As an experienced NCO became a Red Cap late '45 and did 18 months in Palestine. Discharged in early 1947 before the worst of the revolution/terrorism (pick according to world view). Became a Clerk of Works for Civil Engineering firms. Lost his leg in 1963 during construction of what was the Port Talbot bypass. moved to Neath as more work in 1960s and 70s with big projects.

Passed away in 1997-was a big influence on my life. Proudly have his medals and books.
Hama and Israel -again on 10:10 - May 13 with 759 viewsShiningPorth

Hama and Israel -again on 10:08 - May 13 by ShiningPorth

He was from Spalding in Lincolnshire Loh-Joined in 1936 and primarily in Sherwood Foresters. Was in the BEF in 1940 but was one of the less fortunate ones cut off and marched the length of the Loire and down to La Rochelle where he got out in June (I think). The Iceland garrison 1941-1943 before back for D-Day. Wounded (like Forrest Gump) later in 1944 by a shot to the buttocks in the Netherlands. Recuperation in South Wales where he met my grandmother. As an experienced NCO became a Red Cap late '45 and did 18 months in Palestine. Discharged in early 1947 before the worst of the revolution/terrorism (pick according to world view). Became a Clerk of Works for Civil Engineering firms. Lost his leg in 1963 during construction of what was the Port Talbot bypass. moved to Neath as more work in 1960s and 70s with big projects.

Passed away in 1997-was a big influence on my life. Proudly have his medals and books.

Decided to change user names-going for Peruvian terrorists as more bizarre.
Hama and Israel -again on 10:14 - May 13 with 751 viewsKeithHaynes

Hama and Israel -again on 08:31 - May 13 by onehunglow

Thanks for popping in Paul

One of the better posters here, I’m glad he hasn’t totally forgot us.

Hama and Israel -again on 10:16 - May 13 with 749 viewsShiningPorth

Yes. Very much at the forefront of left-wing politics in particular. Including the Millibands of course.

Antisemitism is not really of the left, it's of a particular kind of world view-very much of the Corbynista territory. Lohengrin's post yesterday is a good illustration of the close relationship between Judaism and Labour. Of course Hitler also linked Judaism to communism as part of his propaganda. Certainly CPGB has had a long jewish tradition.
Hama and Israel -again on 10:30 - May 13 with 733 viewscontroversial_jack

Hama and Israel -again on 20:49 - May 12 by AguycalledJack

After the war, there was a dilemna. Britain wanted the jews to assimilate back into Europe, but the USA wanted them to go to Israel. Truman was the first statesman to recognise the state of Israel.This is where we see the beginnings of the American influence and support.
Hama and Israel -again on 11:29 - May 13 with 713 viewsLohengrin

Hama and Israel -again on 10:08 - May 13 by ShiningPorth

ThAt would be a biography well worth reading. He packed a lot in.

Hama and Israel -again on 11:55 - May 13 with 700 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 10:16 - May 13 by ShiningPorth

Yes. Very much at the forefront of left-wing politics in particular. Including the Millibands of course.

Antisemitism is not really of the left, it's of a particular kind of world view-very much of the Corbynista territory. Lohengrin's post yesterday is a good illustration of the close relationship between Judaism and Labour. Of course Hitler also linked Judaism to communism as part of his propaganda. Certainly CPGB has had a long jewish tradition.

Great post thanks

Hama and Israel -again on 11:58 - May 13 with 698 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 10:14 - May 13 by KeithHaynes

One of the better posters here, I’m glad he hasn’t totally forgot us.

Agreed.
He's a class act and a really nice guy.

He'd be first in the guest list of our first dinner party is our modest redesigned home.

I don't care if he agrees or disagrees with me or not as he does it with a little class.

Hama and Israel -again on 12:02 - May 13 with 698 viewsShiningPorth

Hama and Israel -again on 11:29 - May 13 by Lohengrin

ThAt would be a biography well worth reading. He packed a lot in.

Apart from the two years in Iceland-most miserable time eating whale meat.

Very quiet man. I think the accident haunted him for years afterwards. He was talking to a young lad working on the site-a crane jib collapsed killing the boy and trapping my grandfather's leg. He was talking to the lad, saying they would be OK etc., but he was already gone..
Hama and Israel -again on 12:12 - May 13 with 689 viewsonehunglow

Hama and Israel -again on 12:02 - May 13 by ShiningPorth

Apart from the two years in Iceland-most miserable time eating whale meat.

Very quiet man. I think the accident haunted him for years afterwards. He was talking to a young lad working on the site-a crane jib collapsed killing the boy and trapping my grandfather's leg. He was talking to the lad, saying they would be OK etc., but he was already gone..

Ive no idea where you've come from nor who you are but you're a welcome addition to this fine site

Hama and Israel -again on 13:07 - May 13 with 663 viewsKeithHaynes

Hama and Israel -again on 09:47 - May 12 by Catullus

The news this morning says they are close to descending into all out war. That won't end well and I can see other Islamic countries getting involved, whether that's to try and restore peace or to attack Israel I don't know.

If there is a god involved in this it's more likely to be called Loki!

It will be interesting to see where the newly founded ‘friendship’ allegedly organised by the USA leaves Bahrain and the UAE in all this. Good bases to launch attacks on other Islamic countries ?

Let’s be honest it’s happened before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024