Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The decline in educational standards... 09:21 - May 28 with 5819 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Check out this exam paper 13 year old's in Inverness were expected to answer in 1944 and then compare with your 13 year old's History exam papers in what passes for 'Education' today.

Do you agree that standards have declined?
If not what are your reasons?
If you agree that standards have declined what do you put this down to?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The decline in educational standards... on 10:59 - Jun 22 with 630 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The decline in educational standards... on 10:56 - Jun 22 by Gwyn737

This video is based on irrefutable evidence gathered over decades that not only show that Grammar schools are not the answer but part of the problem.

Its only 4 mins long and I'd urge you to watch the whole thing.

Yes grammar schools gave opportunity to everyone of ability regardless of their background. Was particularly true of Swansea where 50% of grammar pupils came from council estates.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The decline in educational standards... on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 619 viewsGwyn737

The decline in educational standards... on 09:46 - Jun 22 by jack_lord

They are but that isn't anything to do with "white privilege". That is more to do with the broken society within which exist.
Redistribution of income or let the best/fortunate flourish?

Spot on.

The way this has been framed by Robert Halfron is that there has been some kind of special advantage given to ethnic minorities that hasn't been given to white disadgvantaged kids.

This isn't true - pupil premium funding is the same for all. The focus on the white free school meal group has been huge but unfortuately hasn't worked as well as for other groups. The main reason for this is lack of parental engagement/aspiration, which you get in spades from the comparison groups (Eastern European, Asian etc.)

Of course, blaming schools takes the heat of his party that has closed SureStart centres, decimated Children's Services, reduced police numbers and overseen the CAHMS waiting list rise to up to 3 years to name but a few.
The decline in educational standards... on 11:07 - Jun 22 with 608 viewsDr_Parnassus

If you don’t wish to take my word for people of all races rejecting critical race theory and the notion of white privilege (when in fact it’s probably more accurately described as “majority convenience” regardless of race) then maybe some educated people who live it every day can explain through their own eyes?

How patronised they must feel by these ever increasing liberals with absolutely no common sense realistic world view.

Look at these evil right wing commentators that don’t know what they are talking about....

Take your pick.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:09]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The decline in educational standards... on 11:09 - Jun 22 with 599 viewsGwyn737

The decline in educational standards... on 10:59 - Jun 22 by felixstowe_jack

Yes grammar schools gave opportunity to everyone of ability regardless of their background. Was particularly true of Swansea where 50% of grammar pupils came from council estates.

Maybe you should watch the video again...

Where's that stat from? It needs context such as which year, how many school places were there in Swansea in both Grammar and Seconday Modern and what were the outcomes (academic and destination) for ALL pupils.

Otherwise to use the phrase from the video, it the 'Uncle Johnny' argument;.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:10]
The decline in educational standards... on 11:11 - Jun 22 with 598 viewstrampie

A lot of Immigrants have drive, ambition and are thankful for any opportunities, the USA was initially successful because of this, once life becomes comfy this phenomenon dissipates.

Distribution of wealth and equality is essential, but the right wing have taken over the UK and much of the World.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:23]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The decline in educational standards... on 13:13 - Jun 22 with 558 viewslondonlisa2001

The decline in educational standards... on 10:50 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

No idea what you are talking about regarding that. Anybody who tends to know anything about a subject you tend to accuse them of getting it off some website or some commentator? How dare anyone have any actual knowledge on the subject at hand, right?

I have spoken in great depth about these subjects on here for a long time and demonstrated a clear and deep understanding, so I can only assume you are yet again doing your ever so tiresome attempts to undermine. Which of course you know doesn't work with me.

Critical race theory is extremely dangerous and extremely offensive, built on a lie and creates invisible barriers in peoples minds which will no doubt lead to underperformance and lack of ambition.

Underperforming white children is something I have not looked into, I was responding to a thread about the declining standards in education and a poster saying ''so much for white privilege in schools''. Critical race theory being taught in such educational establishments is without doubt an example of declining standards of education.

I didn't realise you were holding court in the thread and we all had to discuss a sub topic of your choosing. You do yourself no favors at times no here, its a real shame.

Oh, and what do you deem even remotely controversial about the statement I made exactly? It really isnt.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:51]

I didn’t say anything about controversy or otherwise.

In response to a point being made about underperforming poor white children you talked about critical race theory. It is a completely different matter.

Poor children are being left behind in education in general. They are being left behind as there has now been over a decade of underinvestment, and are being left behind as Johnson and the people that he listens to wouldn’t understand the issues being faced by the poorest in society if they were smacked over the head with the details for week after week. Even if they did begin to understand they really wouldn’t care very much. It took a footballer for them to feed poor kids let alone anything else.

Any suggestion that it’s to do with ‘critical race theory’ or ‘white privilege’ or anything similar is an absolute red herring. Put out there as part of an incessant stirring of culture wars that don’t particularly exist in the first place but suit the rich and powerful.

You haven’t demonstrated any understanding whatsoever as far as I have ever seen, let alone one that is clear and deep. You repeatedly telling everyone how informed you are doesn’t make it so,

White privilege isn’t based on a lie. People just don’t understand what it actually means and pretend it means white people are all privileged in society. It means nothing of the sort. It simply means that of all the difficulties that people may face, being white is not one of them. It’s a matter of fact in Western societies.

As an aside, the reason I accuse you of getting info from commentators is because I have never seen you express an opinion that isn’t directly from Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or similar. If I wanted to read what Jordan Peterson said about something I’d read what he said. Reading it constantly regurgitated on here by you is just tedious.
The decline in educational standards... on 13:14 - Jun 22 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Nothing to do with wings at all
Asain kids know why they want to go to Uni,many of ours don't;it's just a 3/4 yr pyss up.It why they get 2/1.2/2 when they could get first.
Asain students kids will be working when ours are getting hammered . Fact.

It is a cultural divide and one in which Asian people excel and that is down to attitude and culture

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 13:20 - Jun 22 with 555 viewslondonlisa2001

The decline in educational standards... on 11:07 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

If you don’t wish to take my word for people of all races rejecting critical race theory and the notion of white privilege (when in fact it’s probably more accurately described as “majority convenience” regardless of race) then maybe some educated people who live it every day can explain through their own eyes?

How patronised they must feel by these ever increasing liberals with absolutely no common sense realistic world view.

Look at these evil right wing commentators that don’t know what they are talking about....

Take your pick.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:09]

This increasing trend of finding black people that think there isn’t racism and using it to back an argument that racism doesn’t exist makes no sense to me.

There have been marches where tens of thousands of black people have said that they do suffer racism. Why are their voices not as important? ‘Ooh, Candace Owens says it’s fine so it must be as her view is far more relevant than the million black people that have said she’s talking nonsense’.

It’s like the time when that idiot Milo was pretending to be gay (I see he’s not anymore, which is odd given I was told I didn’t know what I was talking about when I said he was a fraud) and was used constantly by right wing commentators to back up their points.
Login to get fewer ads

The decline in educational standards... on 13:32 - Jun 22 with 552 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards... on 13:13 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t say anything about controversy or otherwise.

In response to a point being made about underperforming poor white children you talked about critical race theory. It is a completely different matter.

Poor children are being left behind in education in general. They are being left behind as there has now been over a decade of underinvestment, and are being left behind as Johnson and the people that he listens to wouldn’t understand the issues being faced by the poorest in society if they were smacked over the head with the details for week after week. Even if they did begin to understand they really wouldn’t care very much. It took a footballer for them to feed poor kids let alone anything else.

Any suggestion that it’s to do with ‘critical race theory’ or ‘white privilege’ or anything similar is an absolute red herring. Put out there as part of an incessant stirring of culture wars that don’t particularly exist in the first place but suit the rich and powerful.

You haven’t demonstrated any understanding whatsoever as far as I have ever seen, let alone one that is clear and deep. You repeatedly telling everyone how informed you are doesn’t make it so,

White privilege isn’t based on a lie. People just don’t understand what it actually means and pretend it means white people are all privileged in society. It means nothing of the sort. It simply means that of all the difficulties that people may face, being white is not one of them. It’s a matter of fact in Western societies.

As an aside, the reason I accuse you of getting info from commentators is because I have never seen you express an opinion that isn’t directly from Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro or similar. If I wanted to read what Jordan Peterson said about something I’d read what he said. Reading it constantly regurgitated on here by you is just tedious.

You literally said you don’t know if I’m saying it to controversial or not, so you clearly thought some part of it was. You seem to be forgetting what you said only moments ago such is your lack of belief in what you say in your attempts to put others down.

Why are you making up what I responded to? I just explained to you what I responded to. The thread is about declining educational standards, I responded to a person who brought up “white privilege in schools” by stating that the introduction of that in these establishments is one of the most dangerous things taught. It makes perfect sense, but as I said at the time, you clearly don’t understand the link between the notion of white privilege and CRT.

Where have I said poor children being left behind in the education system is due to CRT? You are so wrapped up in your own world you don’t seem to know what people are talking about. I wasn’t responding to you, what you were discussing is of no consequence to anything so trying to fit my response to someone else with what you were discussing is probably an error you often make. CRT is an example of declining educational standards because yes it is based on a lie and it is pushing opinion rather than fact.

What you mean to say is many of my views are also those held by people of similar beliefs. It’s like me accusing you of having opinions taken from Kamala Harris and the like, it’s very lazy and incredibly dishonest. Whenever I discuss any of these subjects I can and have engaged deeply in them and explained and debated them fully, so what your saying is just nonsense I’m afraid.

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 13:40 - Jun 22 with 543 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 13:20 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

This increasing trend of finding black people that think there isn’t racism and using it to back an argument that racism doesn’t exist makes no sense to me.

There have been marches where tens of thousands of black people have said that they do suffer racism. Why are their voices not as important? ‘Ooh, Candace Owens says it’s fine so it must be as her view is far more relevant than the million black people that have said she’s talking nonsense’.

It’s like the time when that idiot Milo was pretending to be gay (I see he’s not anymore, which is odd given I was told I didn’t know what I was talking about when I said he was a fraud) and was used constantly by right wing commentators to back up their points.

It’s not a trend.

For someone who talks so much about leftist principles, you don’t tend to understand them very much. When discussing any minority it is vital that you get their perspective, my fiancĂ©e and partner of 14 years works in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health promotion sector and it is a requirement that any implementation has to have input from the people you are affecting. I live it, daily, hence the deep understanding of minority groups and the nauseating white liberal rhetoric that damages them. I’ve read papers upon papers upon papers on it, for years.

I gave a view on here last year regarding race in America and was told that my opinion doesn’t matter as I am white and haven’t had their lived experience (hence the oppressed forum member). In order to satisfy that, it’s important when making any points regarding race I show that I am making my point from an informed position which echoes that of others without racial boundaries.

Those directly affected are telling you they find it offensive and destructive. These aren’t right wing commentators or politicians, these are fathers, medical students, normal people. They are telling you Lisa. You are the only one who has mentioned Candace Owens.

But yes, let’s ignore them because you think Milo isn’t gay... or something? I’m sure it made sense to you when you wrote it anyway.

Nobody has said racism doesn’t exist, have they?

Racism will always exist in small numbers, to all races including white people, as will sexism to both men and women... what is being said is that there is no systemic oppression.

If there are thousands of people that are saying there is oppression as you say, then they need to show it, rather than just say it... because millions AREN’T claiming that and there are an increasing amount of people that are rightly and understandably getting annoyed by such a damaging and patronising notion being pushed on them and CRT has a lot to answer for in that respect.

Instead of rubbishing their views (that you no doubt haven’t even listened to), maybe you can explain why the man (in his own words) who came from the hood on school food stamps that has 2 medical degrees and is the head of his sector is oppressed, even though he’s telling you he isn’t.

I will happily explain the opposite to anyone claiming they are, deal? Being poor doesn’t mean you are racially oppressed and CRT offers a convenient excuse for many that convinces them they are where they are due to race and teaches division which is probably why many of those protesters are convinced of it.

Oppression is easily proven, it’s tangible and it’s sweeping, it will affect almost everyone of that race and will be consistent across the board. It’s not just an idea or a slogan on a sign that you just accept as fact.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 14:28]

The decline in educational standards... on 13:42 - Jun 22 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Poor children inavriably do not have the domestic structure to support them.
Absent fathers seems to be a taboo subject but this applies to many "poor" kids.
I remember being in "poor" homes where there was not one book but a room full of videos.
Go figure.

Insread of stigmatising kids with a poverty label,inspire them to go to school -the most basic thing of all-.

Why do "working class/poor" families give less support than richer "middle class" families,the ones lisa and her chums seem to despise.
Why do politicians label kids in this manner and make political capital out of it all.

We really are letting children down and the evidence is right out there on the streets.

The decline in educational standards... on 14:38 - Jun 22 with 495 viewslondonlisa2001

The decline in educational standards... on 13:32 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

You literally said you don’t know if I’m saying it to controversial or not, so you clearly thought some part of it was. You seem to be forgetting what you said only moments ago such is your lack of belief in what you say in your attempts to put others down.

Why are you making up what I responded to? I just explained to you what I responded to. The thread is about declining educational standards, I responded to a person who brought up “white privilege in schools” by stating that the introduction of that in these establishments is one of the most dangerous things taught. It makes perfect sense, but as I said at the time, you clearly don’t understand the link between the notion of white privilege and CRT.

Where have I said poor children being left behind in the education system is due to CRT? You are so wrapped up in your own world you don’t seem to know what people are talking about. I wasn’t responding to you, what you were discussing is of no consequence to anything so trying to fit my response to someone else with what you were discussing is probably an error you often make. CRT is an example of declining educational standards because yes it is based on a lie and it is pushing opinion rather than fact.

What you mean to say is many of my views are also those held by people of similar beliefs. It’s like me accusing you of having opinions taken from Kamala Harris and the like, it’s very lazy and incredibly dishonest. Whenever I discuss any of these subjects I can and have engaged deeply in them and explained and debated them fully, so what your saying is just nonsense I’m afraid.

No, I ‘literally said’ I genuinely don’t know whether you just say stuff to be controversial, or if you actually just don’t know what half of this stuff means and just use sound bites from right wing, usually American, commentators.

How does critical race theory have anything to do with underperforming poor white kids in school?

In no part of that did I comment on the controversy or otherwise of critical race theory. I was commenting on you just posting unrelated comment for the sake of being controversial, this time about critical race theory as it is one of your tedious obsessions.
The decline in educational standards... on 14:45 - Jun 22 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards... on 14:38 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

No, I ‘literally said’ I genuinely don’t know whether you just say stuff to be controversial, or if you actually just don’t know what half of this stuff means and just use sound bites from right wing, usually American, commentators.

How does critical race theory have anything to do with underperforming poor white kids in school?

In no part of that did I comment on the controversy or otherwise of critical race theory. I was commenting on you just posting unrelated comment for the sake of being controversial, this time about critical race theory as it is one of your tedious obsessions.

Indeed, so you clearly thought it was somewhat controversial. This isn’t difficult.

Why do you keep asking me what CRT has to do with underperforming white children in school? I have answered you several times. This thread is about the decline in educational standards. CRT is the epitome of that and was in direct response to someone mentioning white privilege in school. It wasn’t in response to anything about underperforming white children in school.

So you don’t think I’m being controversial, but you have decided to put down my comment as trying to be controversial... even though neither of us think the post was in any way controversial. Again, it probably made sense to you when you wrote it but I can’t make head nor tail of it.

I’m sorry you find any pushback to your nonsense leftist agenda peddling tedious. Sadly in life people will challenge your views, whether you find that tedious or not is probably a reflection of how you handle such things as opposed to the situation or subject matter itself. I can’t help you there.

I’m glad we now both agree I wasn’t being controversial though. I will now look forward to you explaining why black people who are highly qualified, from poor backgrounds and highly successful are oppressed, even though they are telling you they aren’t. Hopefully you come up with something slightly better than Milo Yiannopoulos not being gay (?!) this time.

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 14:55 - Jun 22 with 485 viewslondonlisa2001

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 13:40 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not a trend.

For someone who talks so much about leftist principles, you don’t tend to understand them very much. When discussing any minority it is vital that you get their perspective, my fiancĂ©e and partner of 14 years works in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health promotion sector and it is a requirement that any implementation has to have input from the people you are affecting. I live it, daily, hence the deep understanding of minority groups and the nauseating white liberal rhetoric that damages them. I’ve read papers upon papers upon papers on it, for years.

I gave a view on here last year regarding race in America and was told that my opinion doesn’t matter as I am white and haven’t had their lived experience (hence the oppressed forum member). In order to satisfy that, it’s important when making any points regarding race I show that I am making my point from an informed position which echoes that of others without racial boundaries.

Those directly affected are telling you they find it offensive and destructive. These aren’t right wing commentators or politicians, these are fathers, medical students, normal people. They are telling you Lisa. You are the only one who has mentioned Candace Owens.

But yes, let’s ignore them because you think Milo isn’t gay... or something? I’m sure it made sense to you when you wrote it anyway.

Nobody has said racism doesn’t exist, have they?

Racism will always exist in small numbers, to all races including white people, as will sexism to both men and women... what is being said is that there is no systemic oppression.

If there are thousands of people that are saying there is oppression as you say, then they need to show it, rather than just say it... because millions AREN’T claiming that and there are an increasing amount of people that are rightly and understandably getting annoyed by such a damaging and patronising notion being pushed on them and CRT has a lot to answer for in that respect.

Instead of rubbishing their views (that you no doubt haven’t even listened to), maybe you can explain why the man (in his own words) who came from the hood on school food stamps that has 2 medical degrees and is the head of his sector is oppressed, even though he’s telling you he isn’t.

I will happily explain the opposite to anyone claiming they are, deal? Being poor doesn’t mean you are racially oppressed and CRT offers a convenient excuse for many that convinces them they are where they are due to race and teaches division which is probably why many of those protesters are convinced of it.

Oppression is easily proven, it’s tangible and it’s sweeping, it will affect almost everyone of that race and will be consistent across the board. It’s not just an idea or a slogan on a sign that you just accept as fact.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 14:28]

You seem unable to understand the contradiction in your posts.

On one topic you post on the topic of transgender athletes. Quite rightly pointing out that previous history of inequality of physical advantage due to them having lived as male means that irrespective of the current situation (testosterone levels having to be equal to female athletes for example) the previous advantage means it is not and never will be a level playing field.

On the other hand, you refuse to acknowledge that generations of unequal treatment of black and white people means that, despite current laws meaning discrimination should not exist, the previous advantage means it is not a level playing field.

As for the bit about people telling me they find the notion that there remains systemic racism within society offensive and destructive, many, many more are telling you that they find your views to be wrong and that racism still exists in ways that you as a white person simply don’t encounter.

If you refuse to believe that then I can’t help you. And if you have first hand knowledge of the incredible discrimination that has existed in Australia against Aboriginal people and still don’t believe that anyone is oppressed due to colour or ethnicity then you are not remotely willing to listen.

One black man from the hood gaining two medical degrees doesn’t mean that black people as a whole are not at an unfair advantage in the US anymore than a white kid from a crime ridden estate in Glasgow attending Harvard means that poor people aren’t at a disadvantage. In fact, you’ve just told us that they are disadvantaged, or at least agreed with someone who did.
The decline in educational standards... on 15:04 - Jun 22 with 477 viewslondonlisa2001

The decline in educational standards... on 14:45 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed, so you clearly thought it was somewhat controversial. This isn’t difficult.

Why do you keep asking me what CRT has to do with underperforming white children in school? I have answered you several times. This thread is about the decline in educational standards. CRT is the epitome of that and was in direct response to someone mentioning white privilege in school. It wasn’t in response to anything about underperforming white children in school.

So you don’t think I’m being controversial, but you have decided to put down my comment as trying to be controversial... even though neither of us think the post was in any way controversial. Again, it probably made sense to you when you wrote it but I can’t make head nor tail of it.

I’m sorry you find any pushback to your nonsense leftist agenda peddling tedious. Sadly in life people will challenge your views, whether you find that tedious or not is probably a reflection of how you handle such things as opposed to the situation or subject matter itself. I can’t help you there.

I’m glad we now both agree I wasn’t being controversial though. I will now look forward to you explaining why black people who are highly qualified, from poor backgrounds and highly successful are oppressed, even though they are telling you they aren’t. Hopefully you come up with something slightly better than Milo Yiannopoulos not being gay (?!) this time.

No, again, I said you were being controversial. Pretending I now said something different doesn’t make it so.

CRT isn’t the ‘epitome of the decline in educational standards’. Don’t be so ridiculous.

Or are you saying it’s taught in poor schools and not in schools for rich kids? Why hasn’t there been a similar decline there?

And, again, not every single person needs to have experienced something for it to exist.

Your debating style of just calling everything ‘leftist’ or ‘agenda peddling’ or whatever doesn’t change the fact that you are posting rubbish. I don’t mind people challenging views, i just find you tedious and on this topic badly informed.
The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 15:15 - Jun 22 with 469 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards...n the million other black people that say on 14:55 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

You seem unable to understand the contradiction in your posts.

On one topic you post on the topic of transgender athletes. Quite rightly pointing out that previous history of inequality of physical advantage due to them having lived as male means that irrespective of the current situation (testosterone levels having to be equal to female athletes for example) the previous advantage means it is not and never will be a level playing field.

On the other hand, you refuse to acknowledge that generations of unequal treatment of black and white people means that, despite current laws meaning discrimination should not exist, the previous advantage means it is not a level playing field.

As for the bit about people telling me they find the notion that there remains systemic racism within society offensive and destructive, many, many more are telling you that they find your views to be wrong and that racism still exists in ways that you as a white person simply don’t encounter.

If you refuse to believe that then I can’t help you. And if you have first hand knowledge of the incredible discrimination that has existed in Australia against Aboriginal people and still don’t believe that anyone is oppressed due to colour or ethnicity then you are not remotely willing to listen.

One black man from the hood gaining two medical degrees doesn’t mean that black people as a whole are not at an unfair advantage in the US anymore than a white kid from a crime ridden estate in Glasgow attending Harvard means that poor people aren’t at a disadvantage. In fact, you’ve just told us that they are disadvantaged, or at least agreed with someone who did.

There is no contradiction, you just don’t understand what is being said. One has no relevance to the other.

One is a biological difference which cannot be taken away or reduced. The other is a social construct which has already been taken away. The proof of the biological differences between people born male and female is easy, it’s provable. The proof of oppression should also be easily proven... yet people seem to struggle.

How do you know how many are saying what? Far more people are not saying there is oppression than those saying there is, that is abundantly clear. Many of those that mistakenly do think there is oppression are the exact victims of such notions as CRT that convince them there is a racial barrier to success and prosperity.

How are you linking the plight of African Americans in the States to the Aboriginal people in Australia? You know they aren’t the same don’t you? They may have a slightly similar shade of skin but they aren’t even comparable. I really hope that was a flippant comment rather than an example of your ignorance on the subject. There is massive racial problems in Australia, it’s improving but it highly demonstrable. Culturally the Aboriginal people and new Australians are chalk and cheese, they have different medical needs, social needs and structural needs.

No Lisa, not one black person having a medical degree, don’t be so ridiculous. African American success is everywhere you look in all disciplines, there is disadvantage to the poor but there is very little to no disadvantage by race, certainly nothing that can be described as oppression which CRT falsely states. If racial oppression was evident then this simply wouldn’t be the case. If our friend from the hood on food stamps wasn’t affected by racial oppression... why is anyone else?

Work hard, stay out of trouble, make good decisions then there is a high degree of probability you will succeed in life regardless of race, sex or sexuality. It’s incredibly sad there is an army of people trying to destroy that fact and create false mental obstacles for people. But that’s life in this era unfortunately, everyone is an uninformed social justice warrior with very little idea of any sort of social realities.

The decline in educational standards... on 15:24 - Jun 22 with 462 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards... on 15:04 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

No, again, I said you were being controversial. Pretending I now said something different doesn’t make it so.

CRT isn’t the ‘epitome of the decline in educational standards’. Don’t be so ridiculous.

Or are you saying it’s taught in poor schools and not in schools for rich kids? Why hasn’t there been a similar decline there?

And, again, not every single person needs to have experienced something for it to exist.

Your debating style of just calling everything ‘leftist’ or ‘agenda peddling’ or whatever doesn’t change the fact that you are posting rubbish. I don’t mind people challenging views, i just find you tedious and on this topic badly informed.

You are confusing yourself now. Am I being controversial or not? I don’t think so, you don’t appear to be able to decide if I am or not. I’ll give you a little more time.

Yes it’s absolutely the epitome of the decline of educational standards. My partner had to go through it when studying for her Masters, I remember it vividly. CRT is opinion based and used false facts that have not been universally agreed upon, to start teaching that in schools shows we are indeed going backwards at breakneck speed.

I’m not sure why you are talking about rich and poor. I am saying the very fact we are teaching such nonsense is demonstration enough that education standards are declining. That has no effect on grades. Universities have also declined in standard of education, that’s not to say there will be demonstrable academic under-performance though. Having 50% of students achieve successful further education in medicine for example is worth far more than 90% of students achieving successful further education in Lesbian Dance Theory to give one such example, I am talking about the decline in what is being taught, not the grades achieved in them.

Racial oppression isn’t something that affects just a few I’m afraid. Racial oppression would be widespread, repeatable, demonstrable and would be able to be pin pointed. It would also be race specific and not something suffered by all. You also have to point out the specific examples of oppression too, as opposed to giving an outcome and attributing it to oppression when in fact there are clearly contributing factors that have nothing to do with any sort of oppression of any kind. A lot of the difference between races is cultural, be that positive or negative.

So again why wasn’t our friend from the hood on food stamps subjected to racial oppression then? Or the others stating the same. Is it only the ones that don’t succeed that can claim that? Because that sounds like confirmation bias, which of course is the exact danger of the notion. If you succeed it’s a ridiculous notion, if you don’t then it exists and is the reason you can’t succeed (even though many in the exact same situation have).

My posting style is explaining my points in depth and in great detail whilst addressing yours. Combatting your nonsense “right wing talking points” and “just trying to be controversial” rubbish along the way by pointing out that you are just peddling leftist narratives with little understanding, demonstration or proof of its existence is a style that I think most neutrals would find informative and interesting.

Sorry if that upsets you.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 15:32]

The decline in educational standards... on 15:48 - Jun 22 with 452 viewsGwyn737

The decline in educational standards... on 13:42 - Jun 22 by onehunglow

Poor children inavriably do not have the domestic structure to support them.
Absent fathers seems to be a taboo subject but this applies to many "poor" kids.
I remember being in "poor" homes where there was not one book but a room full of videos.
Go figure.

Insread of stigmatising kids with a poverty label,inspire them to go to school -the most basic thing of all-.

Why do "working class/poor" families give less support than richer "middle class" families,the ones lisa and her chums seem to despise.
Why do politicians label kids in this manner and make political capital out of it all.

We really are letting children down and the evidence is right out there on the streets.

"Why do politicians label kids in this manner and make political capital out of it all".

Because blaming public services whilst simultaneously underfunding and/or privatising them is popular with economic (small c) conservatives.

Telling the truth, which is that outcomes white low income children will only see sustained improvement if parents pull their fingers out is not a vote winner so we don't hear much about it.
The decline in educational standards... on 21:36 - Jun 22 with 397 viewsjack_lord

The decline in educational standards... on 15:48 - Jun 22 by Gwyn737

"Why do politicians label kids in this manner and make political capital out of it all".

Because blaming public services whilst simultaneously underfunding and/or privatising them is popular with economic (small c) conservatives.

Telling the truth, which is that outcomes white low income children will only see sustained improvement if parents pull their fingers out is not a vote winner so we don't hear much about it.

Also try getting parents to pull their fingers out when they are on zero hour contracts scraping a living on the minimum wage in housing estates surrounded by strangers.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The decline in educational standards... on 21:43 - Jun 22 with 395 viewsGwyn737

The decline in educational standards... on 21:36 - Jun 22 by jack_lord

Also try getting parents to pull their fingers out when they are on zero hour contracts scraping a living on the minimum wage in housing estates surrounded by strangers.

Definitely some truth in this and I have sympathy.

However the point (in this instance) is that across low income families, it’s the white group that constantly are falling behind.
The decline in educational standards... on 21:49 - Jun 22 with 394 viewsonehunglow

The decline in educational standards... on 21:43 - Jun 22 by Gwyn737

However the point (in this instance) is that across low income families, it’s the white group that constantly are falling behind.

And we shouldnt be afraid to ay so
I remembing reading in post Apartheid south Africa,poverty increased disproportionally for unskilled young Afrikaaner kids. This was unpalatable for many but true and is today.

The decline in educational standards... on 22:13 - Jun 22 with 380 viewsAjack_Kerouac

I find this interesting.

On education you have identified a group that is failing and your solutions are to get that group (white working class to change)....which is the right way of going about the problem imo. How to get them to change and what behaviour they need to change is a deeper question, but we agree that the white working class need to take responsibility for the problem and change something.

Yet on the subject of crime, and the group under performing being of a different skin colour, you have seemed to want to claim it is someone else's responsibility that the low performing group is letting itself down and have seemed reluctant to put the emphasis on that group's need to change....instead it seems to be us (everybody else) who all need to change.

Something to ponder.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The decline in educational standards... on 22:28 - Jun 22 with 378 viewsDr_Parnassus

This is the problem I have with it, when white children fall behind then the families or even the children themselves are blamed. When minority children fall behind then it must be due to some form of racism or oppression, it’s just bonkers.

One community, same outcome.. different explanation and blame apportioning depending on the colour of skin. But either way it’s either the white parents fault for their children failing or the white system for minority children failing.

The insistence to see and explain everything away through the lens of racism is just mind blowing to me, and there is very little questioning or examination, it’s just accepted. Same with when Floyd was killed, no evidence of any racism whatsoever but didn’t stop everyone (including Prime Ministers and public figures) just accepting that it was due to racism even though it happened to all races. Still today it is referred to under the umbrella of racism. Why? Based on what?

My expertise is in American and Australian politics and social systems so don’t know too much about British. But to give an example, there is clear correlation between single parenthood in the African American community and children failing in education. The marriage rates in the African American community is extremely low, 30%. For reference 50% of America is married.

The link between children brought up in single parent homes (single mother homes more specifically) and increased crime rate is also stark. The link between juvenile crime and school performance also clear. The links and path to failure there is obvious to anyone who would care to look.

Yet accountability and quality of choices aren’t even on the agenda, it’s all about blaming others and “the system”. There is no way people will do what you have done and suggest the parents need to sort it out and be better role models because the mad society would call you racist or some other nonsense.

Make. Better. Choices.

It really is that simple, harder for some than others sure, but that’s life, sometimes it isn’t easy.

The decline in educational standards... on 22:31 - Jun 22 with 377 viewsDr_Parnassus

The decline in educational standards... on 22:13 - Jun 22 by Ajack_Kerouac

I find this interesting.

On education you have identified a group that is failing and your solutions are to get that group (white working class to change)....which is the right way of going about the problem imo. How to get them to change and what behaviour they need to change is a deeper question, but we agree that the white working class need to take responsibility for the problem and change something.

Yet on the subject of crime, and the group under performing being of a different skin colour, you have seemed to want to claim it is someone else's responsibility that the low performing group is letting itself down and have seemed reluctant to put the emphasis on that group's need to change....instead it seems to be us (everybody else) who all need to change.

Something to ponder.

Snap. Sorry you hadn’t posted that once I had started writing.

I agree, It’s about accountability, not looking for blame elsewhere.

The decline in educational standards... on 22:34 - Jun 22 with 374 viewsKeithHaynes

The decline in educational standards... on 22:28 - Jun 22 by Dr_Parnassus

This is the problem I have with it, when white children fall behind then the families or even the children themselves are blamed. When minority children fall behind then it must be due to some form of racism or oppression, it’s just bonkers.

One community, same outcome.. different explanation and blame apportioning depending on the colour of skin. But either way it’s either the white parents fault for their children failing or the white system for minority children failing.

The insistence to see and explain everything away through the lens of racism is just mind blowing to me, and there is very little questioning or examination, it’s just accepted. Same with when Floyd was killed, no evidence of any racism whatsoever but didn’t stop everyone (including Prime Ministers and public figures) just accepting that it was due to racism even though it happened to all races. Still today it is referred to under the umbrella of racism. Why? Based on what?

My expertise is in American and Australian politics and social systems so don’t know too much about British. But to give an example, there is clear correlation between single parenthood in the African American community and children failing in education. The marriage rates in the African American community is extremely low, 30%. For reference 50% of America is married.

The link between children brought up in single parent homes (single mother homes more specifically) and increased crime rate is also stark. The link between juvenile crime and school performance also clear. The links and path to failure there is obvious to anyone who would care to look.

Yet accountability and quality of choices aren’t even on the agenda, it’s all about blaming others and “the system”. There is no way people will do what you have done and suggest the parents need to sort it out and be better role models because the mad society would call you racist or some other nonsense.

Make. Better. Choices.

It really is that simple, harder for some than others sure, but that’s life, sometimes it isn’t easy.

Today I notice it’s the same educational issue but for other ethnicities. Looks like the pending summer school break means the teaching sector are the next targets.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024