Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday was enough for me 15:50 - May 30 with 5398 viewsNotLoyal

But I'm in the 'who comes next' camp. Many clubs have decided to change coaches when it's clearly not the right thing to do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Yesterday was enough for me on 16:04 - May 30 with 3855 views34dfgdf54

If someone is actually offering us £4.5m compo then it needs to happen. I’m amazed someone is willing to pay that.
Yesterday was enough for me on 16:30 - May 30 with 3810 viewsOptimisticJack

Yesterday was enough for me on 16:04 - May 30 by 34dfgdf54

If someone is actually offering us £4.5m compo then it needs to happen. I’m amazed someone is willing to pay that.

In the event of Steve Cooper being approached we can ask for that sum of money.
What we actually get is another matter.

Optimisticjack

Yesterday was enough for me on 16:32 - May 30 with 3806 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yesterday was enough for me on 16:30 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

I would let him go for nothing if there was no other option.
Yesterday was enough for me on 18:19 - May 30 with 3730 viewsKeithHaynes

Yesterday was enough for me on 16:30 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

Steve Cooper has a written contract as a part of that contract if he leaves within the three years there is a compensation clause, don’t pay it you don’t get him. Very much the same as Rodgers and Martinez had.

And the amounts being linked on here are nowhere near the true figure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:30 - May 30 with 3710 viewsOptimisticJack

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:19 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

Steve Cooper has a written contract as a part of that contract if he leaves within the three years there is a compensation clause, don’t pay it you don’t get him. Very much the same as Rodgers and Martinez had.

And the amounts being linked on here are nowhere near the true figure.

Maybe but it's what has been reported on Wales Online.

Optimisticjack

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:33 - May 30 with 3705 viewsKeithHaynes

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:30 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

Maybe but it's what has been reported on Wales Online.

That’s that then 😉

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:39 - May 30 with 3683 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:33 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

That’s that then 😉

Palace might see it that although they pay £4.5m for Cooper this gives them a leg up for the freesigning of Ayew A.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:42 - May 30 with 3688 viewslondonlisa2001

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:39 - May 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Palace might see it that although they pay £4.5m for Cooper this gives them a leg up for the freesigning of Ayew A.

The fact his brother plays there is probably more important mind...

Although anyone signing him for the premier league is absolutely barking mad unless he takes a substantial pay cut.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:46 - May 30 with 3671 viewsKeithHaynes

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:39 - May 30 by ReslovenSwan1

If Swansea have agreed the same contracts as they have for years then it won’t allow cooper to sign any swans players for twelve months. Of course Andre is on a free, so that’s no issue, but I would say not many premier league clubs would fancy him.

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:47 - May 30 with 3668 viewsChief

I'm of a similar mindset to the OP. I'm torn.

Cooper has employed this pragmatic system throughout the season which was masked by results, which personally I was prepared to overlook seeing as we were challenging for promotion.

Ultimately this style failed to get us promoted.

However, I am weary of the parachute money drop and who we can afford to keep. And the other half of me thinks that Cooper is exactly the bloke to work with the young squad we'll have come August and might be able to pull a few more loan rabbits out of his hat.....
However,

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:52 - May 30 with 3654 viewsmax936

Rumour has it that Palace have agreed a settlement with Burnley for Dyche, but who knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:54 - May 30 with 3650 viewsKeithHaynes

With Hourihane and Ayew gone that’s a 100k a week saved.
Not sure about Guehi’s salary, I was once told it was around 8k a week. Woodman similar.

Big savings from tomorrow.

Yesterday was enough for me on 19:22 - May 30 with 3618 viewsowainglyndwr

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:54 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

With Hourihane and Ayew gone that’s a 100k a week saved.
Not sure about Guehi’s salary, I was once told it was around 8k a week. Woodman similar.

Big savings from tomorrow.

Well Keith
Unless this club backs it's manager and show some ambition, I'm afraid we will lose support and possibly slip down the league/leagues
Yesterday was enough for me on 19:28 - May 30 with 3606 viewsKeithHaynes

Yesterday was enough for me on 19:22 - May 30 by owainglyndwr

Well Keith
Unless this club backs it's manager and show some ambition, I'm afraid we will lose support and possibly slip down the league/leagues

It’s possible, as for support if you mean swansea supporters then for me we are no better off with them here or gone. Who can say what the next step is ? But I can’t see it being with cooper.

Yesterday was enough for me on 19:29 - May 30 with 3604 viewsowainglyndwr

Change of ownership we need
Yesterday was enough for me on 19:29 - May 30 with 3602 viewsDr_Winston

Yesterday was enough for me on 19:29 - May 30 by owainglyndwr

Change of ownership we need

To do what? Break FFP rules? Spend more than the club can afford to sustain?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yesterday was enough for me on 20:01 - May 30 with 3556 viewsmonmouth

Get. Him. Out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yesterday was enough for me on 20:09 - May 30 with 3544 viewspencoedjack

Well Keith

Supporters who stop supporting their team because they get relegated? Better off without them.

The worst part about getting promoted is having PL supporters.
Yesterday was enough for me on 21:02 - May 30 with 3473 viewsCatullus

Yesterday was enough for me on 20:09 - May 30 by pencoedjack

Supporters who stop supporting their team because they get relegated? Better off without them.

The worst part about getting promoted is having PL supporters.

Yeah, those who turn up for all the big games but then cash in on their seats for other games and vanish completely after relegation.

Plenty of us on here had pretty much had enough of Coopers "style" months back. The terrible, negative football. Call it pragmatic all you like but you're not going to win a game if you can't get a shot on target and when you can't defend either the club is only going one way.
I think it's time for a change but don't ask me who. Michael Appleton maybe? I watched Lincoln a few times and they were entertaining.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:29 - May 30 with 3436 viewsOptimisticJack

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:02 - May 30 by Catullus

Yeah, those who turn up for all the big games but then cash in on their seats for other games and vanish completely after relegation.

Plenty of us on here had pretty much had enough of Coopers "style" months back. The terrible, negative football. Call it pragmatic all you like but you're not going to win a game if you can't get a shot on target and when you can't defend either the club is only going one way.
I think it's time for a change but don't ask me who. Michael Appleton maybe? I watched Lincoln a few times and they were entertaining.

His father was a disaster with us.

Optimisticjack

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:54 - May 30 with 3395 viewsFireboy2

What p!ssed me off more than anything about yesterday was the teams lack of desire to put themselves about, ffs it was an effing play off final and they played like it was just another league game, I put this down to cooper.

NOT ONE ATTEMPT ON TARGET, that is just unacceptable.

But when we are allowed to watch again I will be back with the eldest even if cooper is still the manager, I bloody hope not though.
Yesterday was enough for me on 22:07 - May 30 with 3377 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yesterday was enough for me on 18:46 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

If Swansea have agreed the same contracts as they have for years then it won’t allow cooper to sign any swans players for twelve months. Of course Andre is on a free, so that’s no issue, but I would say not many premier league clubs would fancy him.

Ayew will not get £80,000 pw. He is 32 or so. £30k a week is his rate these days. He would be of interest to a number of teams. His old manager at leeds for example. A step up on Tyler Roberts I would think. The three promoted teams would want extra quality. Brentford , Norwich and Watford. Potter worked with him for a while and needs goals at Brighton.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yesterday was enough for me on 22:48 - May 30 with 3331 viewsKGriz16

Yesterday was enough for me on 22:07 - May 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Ayew will not get £80,000 pw. He is 32 or so. £30k a week is his rate these days. He would be of interest to a number of teams. His old manager at leeds for example. A step up on Tyler Roberts I would think. The three promoted teams would want extra quality. Brentford , Norwich and Watford. Potter worked with him for a while and needs goals at Brighton.

He will, abroad. A muslim player especially, with his talent, the middle east will love him.
Yesterday was enough for me on 00:17 - May 31 with 3298 viewsmajorraglan

Yesterday was enough for me on 22:48 - May 30 by KGriz16

He will, abroad. A muslim player especially, with his talent, the middle east will love him.

Gomis is still playing out in Saudi, his goal scoring record is almost 1 per game. Ayew would do well out in Saudi or the Gulf.
Yesterday was enough for me on 00:49 - May 31 with 3281 viewsSTID2017

Well Keith

Seems we've sold 13k + season tickets ( of course a lot were at bargain prices ) so the club has quite a bit banked.
So dont think losing support will be a major concern.
Unless Cooper goes and we get a manager of real gumption who gets agreement that he wil be backed, then I worry for next season.
If Cooper stays, I think he is a busted flush and I really worry about next season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024