Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... 16:26 - Jun 6 with 2024 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

First, let's remember Plaid Cymru's party motto...

"Plaid Cymru is working towards creating an equal nation and a nation of equals. Are you with us?"

Rhun ap Iorwerth
£744 on ergonomic office chairs, £299,99 on a cordless Dyson vacuum, £78 on coloured pencils amongst other things (including a second home). Total claimed - £175,071.

Dafydd Elis-Thomas
£535.50 and £382.50 on "family travel", £108.98 for a Sat-Nav, £619 for an iPad Pro, £50 for an iPad Pro case, £35 for a dictionary, £4 for a dustpan and brush, further claims for batteries, £885 for a laptop amongst other things (including a second home). Total claimed - £151,775

Sian Gwenllian
£540 to translate a report, £604 for chairs, a second home within walking distance of the Senedd, TWO separate offices in her constituency. Total claimed - £138,726

Llyr Gruffydd
£542 on a gazebo, return flights to Geneva for a University trip, newspapers, media subscriptions, £399 on a paper folding machine, newspaper adverts, and tickets to agricultural shows. Total claimed - £138,726.

Elin Jones
£3,112 on sending a report via Royal Mail, plus £1,722 to print that report. Has she not heard of e-mail? Two wall clocks and a coat stand for £56.35, £692 for office furniture, posting a different report at the cost of £2,833, £345 for somebody to set up her computer and other home working equipment.

There's countless more examples of truly incredible waste and extravagance from Plaid Cymru Senedd Members.

However, my favourite is how Adam Price spent £3,097 (THREE THOUSAND AND NINETY SEVEN POUNDS) one a one-way flight from Palm Springs, California, to London. He said he did this because he, as a Senedd Member, had the power to "shame" Boris Johnson. Yes you read that correctly. He spent £3,097 on a one way flight from California to return to London and "shame" Boris Johnson.

I would like to credit Swansea East's Mike Hedges who looks to be one of few who didn't take advantage of Welsh tax payers. Mike Hedges spent just £29 on a vacuum cleaner for example, not £299 on a Dyson like a Plaid Cymru Senedd Member did.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/senedd-expenses-politics-mss-20469363

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 17:07 - Jun 6 with 1984 viewsonehunglow

£29 for a vac.
That'd be a toy for a barbie /ken doll

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 17:43 - Jun 6 with 1972 viewsScotia

I genuinely think Mike Hedges is one of the most honest politicians around.

Unfortunately he's also useless.
A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 18:01 - Jun 6 with 1954 viewsraynor94

Await the nationalists response with baited breath

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 18:12 - Jun 6 with 1944 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 18:01 - Jun 6 by raynor94

Await the nationalists response with baited breath

The most alarming thing I saw was that millions are spent on second homes for Senedd Members who live less than an hour away from the Senedd. I find that absolutely bonkers.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:29 - Jun 6 with 1891 viewsbuilthjack

How much did RT Davies claim?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:38 - Jun 6 with 1879 viewsonehunglow

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:29 - Jun 6 by builthjack

Not sure myself but thi OP is not about him.Why would you chuck his name in/
Pathetic.

They really are as bad as each other.Always have been.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:42 - Jun 6 with 1876 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:29 - Jun 6 by builthjack

£93,369.45.

Adam Price claimed £112,108.15.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:56 - Jun 6 with 1863 viewsCatullus

He claimed a lot on birthday cards apparently, why is that allowed? If he wanted to send cards to colleagues that's not a work essential but a personal choice. He should be investigated for that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:46 - Jun 6 with 1835 viewsbuilthjack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 19:42 - Jun 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

£93,369.45.

Adam Price claimed £112,108.15.

Thank you

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:49 - Jun 6 with 1828 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Some pretty big claims here and lots of items that should not be claimed.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:55 - Jun 6 with 1808 viewsTreforys_Jack

I've noticed no politician's or very few resign these days when caught out and generally have no moral compass.
A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:57 - Jun 6 with 1805 viewsScotia

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 18:12 - Jun 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The most alarming thing I saw was that millions are spent on second homes for Senedd Members who live less than an hour away from the Senedd. I find that absolutely bonkers.

I couldn't agree more. For the amount of time MS's actually need to spend in Cardiff (need being the operative word) none of them need a second home there.

For those from mid Wales and further North a halls of residence would be sufficient, it's basically all WG employees would get? It could be on Airbnb then for the rest of the time.

Having said that, the same could apply for Westminster MP's.
A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 21:10 - Jun 6 with 1795 viewsbuilthjack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:57 - Jun 6 by Scotia

I couldn't agree more. For the amount of time MS's actually need to spend in Cardiff (need being the operative word) none of them need a second home there.

For those from mid Wales and further North a halls of residence would be sufficient, it's basically all WG employees would get? It could be on Airbnb then for the rest of the time.

Premier Inn would be fine for them.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 21:28 - Jun 6 with 1780 viewsKilkennyjack

Trident replacement is costing £205 billion.

Beware of the Risen People

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:07 - Jun 6 with 1763 viewsBoundy

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 21:28 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

Never !!, you should have said

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:19 - Jun 6 with 1759 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 21:28 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

Plaid cymru disd not claim for trident. Stick to the theme of the post

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:35 - Jun 6 with 1748 viewsCatullus

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 20:57 - Jun 6 by Scotia

They managed fine on Zoom or whichever internet service they used. Why can't we save on second homes and travelling expenses and make it a permanent arrangement? We can spend all that saved money on the NHS and schools then.

If they get their way and expand their number by 30 that's another 2.1 million per year in new MS wages then there's their office staff and expenses, they say it'll cost around 10 million, I wonder what it will really cost? After all, how can someone who gets paid around 70k per year claim well over 100k in expenses? It seems mad to me when Westminster MP's have much further to travel and just looking at Caroline Harris, from June 1st 2019 to MAy 31st 2020 she claimed just under 63k. How can a North Wales MS get well over double that?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:39 - Jun 6 with 1737 viewsbuilthjack

Did someone mention Dyson?

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:42 - Jun 6 with 1736 viewsCatullus

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:39 - Jun 6 by builthjack

Did someone mention Dyson?

Yeah, the Plaid MS who spent 299 from expenses on one when Mike Hedges only spent 29 on a vacuum.

PS, https://inews.co.uk/news/business/bbc-apologises-sir-james-dyson-prominent-conse

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:47 - Jun 6 with 1732 viewsKilkennyjack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:07 - Jun 6 by Boundy

Never !!, you should have said

You can buy quite a lot of dyson cleaners with £205 billion ...

Beware of the Risen People

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 23:15 - Jun 6 with 1719 viewsTreforys_Jack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:47 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

You're a miserable sod Kilks aye.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:46 - Jun 6 with 1704 viewsTreforys_Jack

A small look into expenses claimed by Plaid Cymru Senedd Members... on 22:47 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

Duplicate post
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 23:47]
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:55 - Jun 7 with 1633 viewsCatullus

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:46 - Jun 6 by Treforys_Jack

Duplicate post
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 23:47]

Worth saying twice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024