Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The so called President of the USA. 18:42 - Jun 8 with 3571 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Joe Biden dishonours the US and Allied Troops that took part in the D Day landings on June 6th 1944.
As far as I can tell he is the only US President not to honour their sacrifice on the 6th of June.
Not one mention.
But he did mention the Tulsa Riot.

Even his wife and Vice President mentioned the D Day landings.
The so called President of the USA. on 19:01 - Jun 8 with 1806 viewsCatullus

These are the times we live in, society doesn't want to celebrate war anymore, it wants to talk about historic injustices, about racism and sexism.

When my grandpa got home he wouldn't talk about the war at all, he wanted to forget it and live the rest of his life. Maybe it's time we all accepted that idea and only commemorated the big anniversaries? After all there's hardly anybody left now who fought in it. Teach about ut in schools, teach about the terrible waste, the pointlessness and above all, teach aboutwhat happens when you forget the past and repeat it's mistakes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The so called President of the USA. on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 1793 viewsbritferry

the cancel culture decided to cancel it

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The so called President of the USA. on 19:19 - Jun 8 with 1781 viewsmax936

The so called President of the USA. on 19:06 - Jun 8 by britferry

the cancel culture decided to cancel it

Spot on BF,
I know somin, if there was ever another War we'd be in sheet st.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The so called President of the USA. on 19:58 - Jun 8 with 1751 viewspencoedjack

The so called President of the USA. on 19:19 - Jun 8 by max936

Spot on BF,
I know somin, if there was ever another War we'd be in sheet st.

I wouldn’t fancy being in the trenches with a few posters on here.

Some obviously very weak men who dishonour what mine & many others grandparents fought for.

Biden is no leader either.
The so called President of the USA. on 20:22 - Jun 8 with 1741 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The so called President of the USA. on 19:01 - Jun 8 by Catullus

These are the times we live in, society doesn't want to celebrate war anymore, it wants to talk about historic injustices, about racism and sexism.

When my grandpa got home he wouldn't talk about the war at all, he wanted to forget it and live the rest of his life. Maybe it's time we all accepted that idea and only commemorated the big anniversaries? After all there's hardly anybody left now who fought in it. Teach about ut in schools, teach about the terrible waste, the pointlessness and above all, teach aboutwhat happens when you forget the past and repeat it's mistakes.

I disagree. This wasn't something that happened hundreds of years ago.

There are people alive who fought. There are people alive who will remember being bombed, evacuated to the countryside, losing family, friends and homes.

The very least the President of the United States can do, once a year, is acknowledge it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The so called President of the USA. on 20:31 - Jun 8 with 1735 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The so called President of the USA. on 19:01 - Jun 8 by Catullus

How can you say that it is Celerating war?
This is acknowledging the sacrifice they made for us.
John Maxwell Edmonds - "For your tomorrow, we gave our today. "
The so called President of the USA. on 21:13 - Jun 8 with 1700 viewsCatullus

The so called President of the USA. on 20:31 - Jun 8 by A_Fans_Dad

How can you say that it is Celerating war?
This is acknowledging the sacrifice they made for us.
John Maxwell Edmonds - "For your tomorrow, we gave our today. "

My bad, I meant commemorate but the point still stands. Younger people think us of a certain age are obsessed with the war. People in other countries think Brist are obsessed with the war as if we ra eharking back to dyas of Empire and when Britain was a world power. Younger people aren't interested in it

Personally I will never forget. I read my grandpas letters, I listened to stories (though other people had to tell them because Grandpa never did) and I always pay homage on the anniversaries, on Rememberance days and I've told my son of his GREAT grandpa. But the world seems ready to move on.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The so called President of the USA. on 21:17 - Jun 8 with 1693 viewsCatullus

The so called President of the USA. on 20:22 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree. This wasn't something that happened hundreds of years ago.

There are people alive who fought. There are people alive who will remember being bombed, evacuated to the countryside, losing family, friends and homes.

The very least the President of the United States can do, once a year, is acknowledge it.

I didn't say they were ALL dead but the vast majority of them are. The USa says around 1.8% of its WW2 vets are still alive, the Uk says around 250,000 people are still alive who are 90 plus.

It was 76 years ago and many younger people aren't so interested in all the anniversaries of the major battles though most do honour the Rememberance day.

Login to get fewer ads

The so called President of the USA. on 21:39 - Jun 8 with 1678 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The so called President of the USA. on 21:17 - Jun 8 by Catullus

I didn't say they were ALL dead but the vast majority of them are. The USa says around 1.8% of its WW2 vets are still alive, the Uk says around 250,000 people are still alive who are 90 plus.

It was 76 years ago and many younger people aren't so interested in all the anniversaries of the major battles though most do honour the Rememberance day.

I don't know one person who was interested in compulsory Welsh lessons up until the age of 16 yet I and hundreds of thousands/millions of others have had to endure those. People can endure anniversaries of pivotal World War events a few times per year.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The so called President of the USA. on 22:37 - Jun 8 with 1636 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Having been in Normandy a couple of years ago at the start of June I'm pleased to say the French do a wonderful job to mark the anniversary.
As for Biden, I see he has changed his mind again about the Mexican border and wants to put the breaks on migration!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 22:38]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The so called President of the USA. on 22:45 - Jun 8 with 1627 viewsTreforys_Jack

The so called President of the USA. on 22:37 - Jun 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

Having been in Normandy a couple of years ago at the start of June I'm pleased to say the French do a wonderful job to mark the anniversary.
As for Biden, I see he has changed his mind again about the Mexican border and wants to put the breaks on migration!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 22:38]

Fully agree regarding the French, fair play
The so called President of the USA. on 22:48 - Jun 8 with 1620 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The so called President of the USA. on 22:45 - Jun 8 by Treforys_Jack

Fully agree regarding the French, fair play

Biden needs to go to the US cemetery as Collville-sur-mer, a remarkable place.

The so called President of the USA. on 23:10 - Jun 8 with 1609 viewsKilkennyjack

The so called President of the USA. on 19:58 - Jun 8 by pencoedjack

I wouldn’t fancy being in the trenches with a few posters on here.

Some obviously very weak men who dishonour what mine & many others grandparents fought for.

Biden is no leader either.

Biden is a great leader.

Sorted that PoS Trump right out.

Beware of the Risen People

The so called President of the USA. on 23:15 - Jun 8 with 1610 viewsAjack_Kerouac

The so called President of the USA. on 23:10 - Jun 8 by Kilkennyjack

Biden is a great leader.

Yes, I remember...he sorted him right out by not campaigning and hiding in his basement. Every time he came out in public it was obvious to all sensible grown ups that he was suffering with dementia/alzheimers...but people like you claimed this wasn't true, that it was Trump who was mentally unfit...
...and now?
...and now America has a puppet President who everybody understands to be a bad joke.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

The so called President of the USA. on 23:42 - Jun 8 with 1598 viewsTreforys_Jack

The so called President of the USA. on 23:15 - Jun 8 by Ajack_Kerouac

Yes, I remember...he sorted him right out by not campaigning and hiding in his basement. Every time he came out in public it was obvious to all sensible grown ups that he was suffering with dementia/alzheimers...but people like you claimed this wasn't true, that it was Trump who was mentally unfit...
...and now?
...and now America has a puppet President who everybody understands to be a bad joke.

That's how bad Trump was mate, for Biden to get in.
The so called President of the USA. on 23:47 - Jun 8 with 1597 viewsLohengrin

...and now?

His decline is pretty stark when viewed in comparison to clips of him from the ‘80s. Here’s one of him rallying support for Britain during the Falkland’s conflict, speaking in that sort of clipped, clench-jawed way that used to characterise wealthier New Englanders like the Kennedys, though Biden isn’t one himself.

Incidentally, has anybody seen hide nor hair of Kamala Harris since the election?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:04 - Jun 9 with 1570 viewsTreforys_Jack

...and now?

The so called President of the USA. on 07:43 - Jun 9 with 1518 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see president Biden has agreed to visit the UK as his first overseas visit. Clearly realises that the UK is America's biggest ally rather than the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 1495 viewsTreforys_Jack

...and now?

The so called President of the USA. on 12:10 - Jun 9 with 1488 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The so called President of the USA. on 23:10 - Jun 8 by Kilkennyjack

Biden is a great leader.

Being better than Trump is no qualification for being great, the Mexico border is a farce right now, for example Biden introduced a policy of looking after unaccompanied children arriving at the border....guess what happened? Now Harris says don't try to cross the border. Being better than Trump does not make anyone great.

The so called President of the USA. on 12:26 - Jun 9 with 1478 viewsCatullus

The so called President of the USA. on 21:39 - Jun 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't know one person who was interested in compulsory Welsh lessons up until the age of 16 yet I and hundreds of thousands/millions of others have had to endure those. People can endure anniversaries of pivotal World War events a few times per year.

You seem to arguing something different to what I've said.Crack on. Welsh language policy is happening now, we won't be talking about the anniversary of it happening in 76 years and anyway, what is that compared to D Day or November 11th?

If people don't want to talk about it anymore, or even mention it, then teywon't and youncan't change that. The world moves on as it always has. Do we commemorate Waterloo or Trafalgar every year? They were pivotal in our history too.

The so called President of the USA. on 14:05 - Jun 9 with 1445 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The so called President of the USA. on 23:42 - Jun 8 by Treforys_Jack

That's how bad Trump was mate, for Biden to get in.

That is how bad the election fraud was mate.
The so called President of the USA. on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 1418 viewsKilkennyjack

The so called President of the USA. on 07:43 - Jun 9 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see president Biden has agreed to visit the UK as his first overseas visit. Clearly realises that the UK is America's biggest ally rather than the EU.

He is coming to protect the GFA from the lying UK Govt of Johnson.

No GFA, no trade deal. Simples.

Biden hates Johnson and everything he stands for.

Beware of the Risen People

The so called President of the USA. on 17:30 - Jun 9 with 1415 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The so called President of the USA. on 17:27 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

He is coming to protect the GFA from the lying UK Govt of Johnson.

No GFA, no trade deal. Simples.

Biden hates Johnson and everything he stands for.

Any evidence joe biden said that or is it one of your made up myths.

Why are the EU endangering the peace process in the UK 🇬🇧
Please answer the questions

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The so called President of the USA. on 18:26 - Jun 9 with 1393 viewsSlugster664

The so called President of the USA. on 17:30 - Jun 9 by felixstowe_jack

Any evidence joe biden said that or is it one of your made up myths.

Why are the EU endangering the peace process in the UK 🇬🇧
Please answer the questions

Of course it is made up mate, the bloke is a complete tool.

I would put him on ignore but when I'm feeling down I like to read his shìte for a giggle. I don't think I've ever known or heard of anyone so retarded in their views in my life

STID

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024