Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. 23:37 - Jun 10 with 2495 viewsKeithHaynes

I made my debut after 15 months under the lights tonight in one of the many very decent 4G pitches we have here, Full game etc. I’ve just realised I no longer have what I had, my head says yes, but the legs and the rest of me say no. The standard is high but sadly I am not any more, even if I was it doesn’t show.

Do I continue is my first thought tonight, we kick off at 10pm here, it’s a bit cooler, we have youngsters from 21 upwards playing, they are brilliant, it doesn’t surprise me the Spanish are so good at football etc. I am not the oldest nor the slowest but driving home tonight with my kebab I felt quite sad. The kebab was rubbish too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Who still,plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 23:48 - Jun 10 with 1211 viewsbuilthjack

Join the over 60s group ⚽️

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who still,plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 23:49 - Jun 10 with 1212 viewsKeithHaynes

Who still,plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 23:48 - Jun 10 by builthjack

Join the over 60s group ⚽️

Cheeky. I don’t qualify 😂 by a few years plus.

Who still,plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 00:06 - Jun 11 with 1190 viewsbuilthjack

Who still,plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 23:49 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

Cheeky. I don’t qualify 😂 by a few years plus.

I could do it until 4 or 5 years ago. Then my body started telling me I was knocking on a bit.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 08:47 - Jun 11 with 1115 viewsFireboy2

Why don't you two old men get a room😁
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 08:48 - Jun 11 with 1115 viewsBoundy

I was still playing admittedly reserve div football but I could manage a Saturday and Sunday at 55 , now my knees are shot from a previous life catching up with me. My advice enjoy what ever you do while you can at what ever level it maybe.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 09:20 - Jun 11 with 1091 viewsonehunglow

I played squash to a decent level until I was 60 but old injuries started to take their toll and arthritis set into both wrists .It was actually tough to pack it in as I played 4 times per week.

I tried golf but am too embarrasingly shyte and don't like being watched -playing golf that is.

Me and wifey got into serious swimming and kept at it until covid. Now we don't do pools but look for wild swimming spots like meres to keep active. It's not very convenient though. Our coast line is much cleaner than it was and is ok for a swim although tides have to be high for a decent swim and because of the way the tide comes in (dangerously),real care has to be taken. Our RNLI and lifeguards are very very buy with people ignoring the tide times and strolling across the sands to Hilbre Islands. Crazy as they take their kids and then get cut off by the tides.

Cycling is also good as you get older as long a you don't overdo it,so don't.

As one gets older,you have to realise life is changing for you very quickly and you have to adapt the mind,like collecting flab around the middle like I have.Eat less.You are burning up less calories.

Keith,have you tried sand yachting. Very popular here.Or wind surfing which should be good where you live.

Always here for life style advice

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 11:07 - Jun 11 with 1061 viewsKilkennyjack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 08:48 - Jun 11 by Boundy

I was still playing admittedly reserve div football but I could manage a Saturday and Sunday at 55 , now my knees are shot from a previous life catching up with me. My advice enjoy what ever you do while you can at what ever level it maybe.

Fair play.

Beware of the Risen People

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 11:09 - Jun 11 with 1060 viewsKilkennyjack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 09:20 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

I played squash to a decent level until I was 60 but old injuries started to take their toll and arthritis set into both wrists .It was actually tough to pack it in as I played 4 times per week.

I tried golf but am too embarrasingly shyte and don't like being watched -playing golf that is.

Me and wifey got into serious swimming and kept at it until covid. Now we don't do pools but look for wild swimming spots like meres to keep active. It's not very convenient though. Our coast line is much cleaner than it was and is ok for a swim although tides have to be high for a decent swim and because of the way the tide comes in (dangerously),real care has to be taken. Our RNLI and lifeguards are very very buy with people ignoring the tide times and strolling across the sands to Hilbre Islands. Crazy as they take their kids and then get cut off by the tides.

Cycling is also good as you get older as long a you don't overdo it,so don't.

As one gets older,you have to realise life is changing for you very quickly and you have to adapt the mind,like collecting flab around the middle like I have.Eat less.You are burning up less calories.

Keith,have you tried sand yachting. Very popular here.Or wind surfing which should be good where you live.

Always here for life style advice

Try boxing ... being a tough guy and all that .. ?
Great for fitness 🥊

Login to get fewer ads

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 11:38 - Jun 11 with 1053 viewscontroversial_jack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 11:09 - Jun 11 by Kilkennyjack

Great for fitness 🥊

I do Muay Thai and it's very intense. At my age though, I avoid the rough stuff, don't want any injuries
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 12:05 - Jun 11 with 1043 viewsCountyJim

I'm a ref in local leagues these days did get to the dizzy height of Welsh league line division one refed a couple division 2 games lots of division 3 it's hard work on your own division 3
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 13:54 - Jun 11 with 1014 viewsonehunglow

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 11:09 - Jun 11 by Kilkennyjack

Great for fitness 🥊

lol.
Done that and some martial arts too.

I used to instruct restraint techniques at one time but keep sctum and dont mention miners

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 997 viewscontroversial_jack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 13:54 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

lol.

I used to instruct restraint techniques at one time but keep sctum and dont mention miners

It wasn't restraint you were showing the miners.
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:21 - Jun 11 with 968 viewsangryjack

Played Welsh league up until early thirties,then played Swansea league up until I was 43, only packed in as had injury which has now come back to haunt me as I have arthritis in my ankle,had two operations in the last 18 months I only 50,wish I could still play,keep getting asker's to play for the Swansea over 50s but my ankles couldn't do it....
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:37 - Jun 11 with 958 viewsBoundy

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 12:05 - Jun 11 by CountyJim

I'm a ref in local leagues these days did get to the dizzy height of Welsh league line division one refed a couple division 2 games lots of division 3 it's hard work on your own division 3

Anyone who's willing to stand in the middle with a whistle mostly for the joy of being involved in the game has my admiration. well done that man

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:39 - Jun 11 with 950 viewsBoundy

lol.

Everyone had to box at some point in the Army, novice night was great leveller . It was the same as milling but with a hint of the Marquis rules thrown in .

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:46 - Jun 11 with 940 viewsKeithHaynes

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:39 - Jun 11 by Boundy

Everyone had to box at some point in the Army, novice night was great leveller . It was the same as milling but with a hint of the Marquis rules thrown in .

It’s the thing I loved about the military mate, any disagreement and you could say ‘ ok let’s sort it out in the ring’ I loved that mentality, it made men and women out of all my companions, and anyone who has done a few rounds under that intense scrutiny and pressure will know it’s really hard work. Nowadays I still do a few hours in our local dojo, keeps the flexibility just about rigid 😂 Coupled with footy and the odd game of padel, my muscles ache almost continually 😂

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:28 - Jun 11 with 926 viewsonehunglow

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:39 - Jun 11 by Boundy

I d have loved to have been there -I think.

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:29 - Jun 11 with 924 viewsKilkennyjack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:46 - Jun 11 by KeithHaynes

It’s the thing I loved about the military mate, any disagreement and you could say ‘ ok let’s sort it out in the ring’ I loved that mentality, it made men and women out of all my companions, and anyone who has done a few rounds under that intense scrutiny and pressure will know it’s really hard work. Nowadays I still do a few hours in our local dojo, keeps the flexibility just about rigid 😂 Coupled with footy and the odd game of padel, my muscles ache almost continually 😂

Chwarae teg

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:30 - Jun 11 with 925 viewsCountyJim

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 15:37 - Jun 11 by Boundy

Anyone who's willing to stand in the middle with a whistle mostly for the joy of being involved in the game has my admiration. well done that man

You have to have skin like a rhino mind some of the abuse is terrible
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:34 - Jun 11 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Ok,I now no longer fancy a straightener with you as you seem a bit hard. Ive cracked my fingers on a few people 's heads when missed the ear -a favourite strike point of mine -,it farking hurts and it can be a dangerous strike that can lead you to writing reports for a week.

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 17:04 - Jun 11 with 908 viewsBoundy

3 rounds of hell but as you say , you a great mentality to have . The training up to it was intense but was I fit .Cycling now is the one thing I can still do without hitting any type of pain barrier. at least if you're in pain then you're still alive .

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 17:08 - Jun 11 with 906 viewsBoundy

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:30 - Jun 11 by CountyJim

You have to have skin like a rhino mind some of the abuse is terrible

I can guess , I watch a lot of local football , from my grandkids up to seniors and why anyone would want to put up with some of the abuse is beyond me. Its a sign of the times suppose no respect , the parents are worst , shocking at times.

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 17:39 - Jun 11 with 898 viewsBoundy

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 16:28 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

I d have loved to have been there -I think.

I have a feeling you would have and why not, comrades all in the end with little or no malice

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 18:01 - Jun 11 with 894 viewsjack_lord

lol.

One of my mate's dad (who used to train with Alan Petherbridge) was an instructor for the Police in restraint techniques. He wouldn't teach them how to get out of it in case he was ever arrested.

On the football thing. As I have returned to Shangri-la I have been asked to come back and play football. My mind is willing but as I haven't kicked a ball in anger in over 20 years will it be too much to take. The lads are confident I will be OK.

On the martial arts thing. To be honest I don't fancy getting thrown all over the floor and risk injury in the techniques. I really would love to but, again, it has been a long time.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 19:29 - Jun 11 with 874 viewsonehunglow

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 18:01 - Jun 11 by jack_lord

One of my mate's dad (who used to train with Alan Petherbridge) was an instructor for the Police in restraint techniques. He wouldn't teach them how to get out of it in case he was ever arrested.

On the football thing. As I have returned to Shangri-la I have been asked to come back and play football. My mind is willing but as I haven't kicked a ball in anger in over 20 years will it be too much to take. The lads are confident I will be OK.

On the martial arts thing. To be honest I don't fancy getting thrown all over the floor and risk injury in the techniques. I really would love to but, again, it has been a long time.

Blocking techniques are well worth it Jase.

Jiu Jitsu is awesome and uses minimum force with maximum pain. It i a fool who oicks a scrap with a senior Jiu Jitsu man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024