Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accountants, would you trust them 11:47 - Jun 11 with 911 viewsNotLoyal

With your money?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Accountants, would you trust them on 12:44 - Jun 11 with 886 viewsjack_lord

Proper qualified accountants do some seriously hard training and qualifications. Beyond that they are people.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Accountants, would you trust them on 13:42 - Jun 11 with 828 viewsWhiterockin

Accountants with a good reputation I would trust, they could save you a lot of money over time. Financial advisors are another thing. Mostly they work on a commission basis, what gives them the best commission is not necessarily the best product for you. They have to inform you of their commission before you agree, but watch out for ongoing annual charges a 0.5% annual charge does not seem much but its nearly £50 a month on a £100K pension pot.
Accountants, would you trust them on 13:52 - Jun 11 with 808 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 13:42 - Jun 11 by Whiterockin

Accountants with a good reputation I would trust, they could save you a lot of money over time. Financial advisors are another thing. Mostly they work on a commission basis, what gives them the best commission is not necessarily the best product for you. They have to inform you of their commission before you agree, but watch out for ongoing annual charges a 0.5% annual charge does not seem much but its nearly £50 a month on a £100K pension pot.

Any profession is one where ordinary Joe gets screwed by those for whom our system is made.
Laws are made arcane ,for example,as many politians are barristers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Accountants, would you trust them on 14:49 - Jun 11 with 762 viewsYrAlarch

Accountants, would you trust them on 13:52 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

Any profession is one where ordinary Joe gets screwed by those for whom our system is made.

Would you describe the Police Service as a profession?
Accountants, would you trust them on 15:41 - Jun 11 with 712 viewsKeithHaynes

Accountants, would you trust them on 14:49 - Jun 11 by YrAlarch

I would say so, inc doctors, fire service, they all come with lifetime commitment which in those terms is a profession ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Accountants, would you trust them on 16:19 - Jun 11 with 697 viewsLohengrin

Accountants, would you trust them on 15:41 - Jun 11 by KeithHaynes

I would say so, inc doctors, fire service, they all come with lifetime commitment which in those terms is a profession ?

Profession and vocation? Service is a calling I’d say, something folk are drawn to with an appeal above and beyond the financial.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Accountants, would you trust them on 16:23 - Jun 11 with 692 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 14:49 - Jun 11 by YrAlarch

You asking me?

Accountants, would you trust them on 16:27 - Jun 11 with 688 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 16:19 - Jun 11 by Lohengrin

Profession and vocation? Service is a calling I’d say, something folk are drawn to with an appeal above and beyond the financial.

Loh
Make no mistake,the vocation aspect ahs been killed and cremated and its ashes scattered on the field of political chicanery.

It is a profession as much as any of the usual referred to ones but far more respected.

Most polls put trust in Police higher than any of the so called professions with Solicitors ,not surprisingly,bottom of the list every time. Not for nothing are their fees astronomical Our system feed them all like pigs in a trough.

I do not know why they bother

Login to get fewer ads

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:41 - Jun 11 with 640 viewsYrAlarch

Accountants, would you trust them on 16:23 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

You asking me?

You don't get irony do you. Anyway, you did answer my question ... subsequently.
Accountants, would you trust them on 19:46 - Jun 11 with 631 viewsjack_lord

Most trusted
Doctor (61.3%)
Nurse (40%)
Teacher (36.9%)
Paramedic (36.5%)
Police (23.2%)
Armed forces (20.8%)
Vet (16%)
Scientist (14.3%)
Judge (13.2%)
Hairdresser (8.4%)

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:48 - Jun 11 with 630 viewsjack_lord

Considered most untrustworthy
Politicians (78.1%)
Journalists (37.7%)
Car salesmen (27.4%)
Telesales (23.6%)
Bankers (22.8%)
Paparazzi (21.6%)
Estate agents (14.6%)
Recruiters (13.6%)
Lawyer (8.7%)
Bailiffs (6.7%)

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:52 - Jun 11 with 628 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:41 - Jun 11 by YrAlarch

You don't get irony do you. Anyway, you did answer my question ... subsequently.

Giving your lack of respect I don't really feel inclined to swing to your beat and I have answered not of the kind.

You on a mission? I am getting a bad feeling about you

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:55 - Jun 11 with 628 viewsjack_lord

Accountants, would you trust them on 13:52 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

Accountants (Chartered, Certified and Management) have years of professional study and exams to get through. They are there to provide a professional service which they certainly charge for. It's just plain simple numbers and the way they are presented. Do they screw Joe, possibly but Joe wouldn't normally be getting an accountant to do anything.
How do we factor in the prices that tradesmen now have to charge. If we can't pay then we are going to get the Lawyers who are always going to win.

Accountants, would you trust them on 20:37 - Jun 11 with 601 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 19:55 - Jun 11 by jack_lord

Accountants (Chartered, Certified and Management) have years of professional study and exams to get through. They are there to provide a professional service which they certainly charge for. It's just plain simple numbers and the way they are presented. Do they screw Joe, possibly but Joe wouldn't normally be getting an accountant to do anything.
How do we factor in the prices that tradesmen now have to charge. If we can't pay then we are going to get the Lawyers who are always going to win.

Im quite aware of what accountancy is about.My forst job was a trainee Cost and Works accountant. I lasted 2 years.Hated it.

Every businessman need a good accountant to avoid paying the tax us poor farkers have to.

Forgive me for not bowing down to them.

I could have included Architects but we had a Masonic thread on previous site that ended badly.

Accountants, would you trust them on 09:27 - Jun 12 with 500 viewsjack_lord

Accountants, would you trust them on 20:37 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

Im quite aware of what accountancy is about.My forst job was a trainee Cost and Works accountant. I lasted 2 years.Hated it.

Every businessman need a good accountant to avoid paying the tax us poor farkers have to.

Forgive me for not bowing down to them.

I could have included Architects but we had a Masonic thread on previous site that ended badly.

That was to distinguish between financial advisors and accountants. I worked as an accounts officer and trained as an accountant. A world of difference between. Auditing was the end of me hence my new job back then.

You're right about business and accountants. The difference between joe who pays tax an an employee and the business is phenomenal. Some things are right because Joe doesn't have the same costs as an employee but I can claim my sunglasses and my phone and my laptop, for example, where as Joe cannot.

Accountants, would you trust them on 10:34 - Jun 12 with 480 viewsonehunglow

Accountants, would you trust them on 09:27 - Jun 12 by jack_lord

That was to distinguish between financial advisors and accountants. I worked as an accounts officer and trained as an accountant. A world of difference between. Auditing was the end of me hence my new job back then.

You're right about business and accountants. The difference between joe who pays tax an an employee and the business is phenomenal. Some things are right because Joe doesn't have the same costs as an employee but I can claim my sunglasses and my phone and my laptop, for example, where as Joe cannot.

I was self employed for a while Jase and it was a bit of a shock seeing how many tax bill could be diminished.
Daughter had to be taught by her accountant as to what to do to avoid tax.

And we go on about others -the rich-avoiding tax.

As Ive said,we are all hyocrites;it's simplt about degrees

Accountants, would you trust them on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 454 viewsjack_lord

Accountants, would you trust them on 10:34 - Jun 12 by onehunglow

I was self employed for a while Jase and it was a bit of a shock seeing how many tax bill could be diminished.
Daughter had to be taught by her accountant as to what to do to avoid tax.

And we go on about others -the rich-avoiding tax.

As Ive said,we are all hyocrites;it's simplt about degrees

I suppose it may be down to how we define hypocrits on the day.
Should we pay tax on money we are not liable for? Should there be a sliding paye tax scale? Joe shouldn't be paying 50% income tax if his income is 12500 and the rate is 0.
Some of the allowable expenses make me laugh in embarrassment and if we actually strip this subject till it is naked we can question validity hypocrisy motives intentions amongst other things. Do I trust accountants? Are they my favourite people? No

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024