Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 18:11 - Jun 16 with 2567 viewsonehunglow

Watching him at this level really does make me seethe at his give away sale.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 09:09 - Jun 17 with 787 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 22:25 - Jun 16 by jack247

We needed to sell more than they needed to buy. It was certainly below his true value, but it was deadline day and they were the only club in for him. If we’d held out for £20m plus, we probably wouldn’t have got anything. I think we brought in 5 first team/fringe players off the back of it?

Although we weren’t the only club bidding, we did the same to Wigan for Jamal Lowe. They needed cash and we exploited it. We’d probably have had him for less if we were the only club in for him.

The most basic concept of direct selling is to condition the prospect,in this case Daniel Levy.
If Spurs really did want this product then we should have been conditioning Levy into believing that the price will be high or at least not derisory ,as was this .

Making out you're desperate for money ,as we did, is selling suicide.

Joe Rodon on 09:23 - Jun 17 with 778 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 09:09 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

The most basic concept of direct selling is to condition the prospect,in this case Daniel Levy.
If Spurs really did want this product then we should have been conditioning Levy into believing that the price will be high or at least not derisory ,as was this .

Making out you're desperate for money ,as we did, is selling suicide.

Do you honestly think Spurs didn’t know we needed money? Aside from the fact Birch was there, every club knows that.

Wigan are even more desperate. Lowe was worth far more than £800k.

It’s hardly as if we could blag it and make Levy think we were flush.
Joe Rodon on 09:26 - Jun 17 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 09:23 - Jun 17 by jack247

Do you honestly think Spurs didn’t know we needed money? Aside from the fact Birch was there, every club knows that.

I do not see it your way.
It does not change my view.
I'll leave it there.

I'm getting away from unpleasantness. Lifey shows me it's still around

Joe Rodon on 09:34 - Jun 17 with 761 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 09:26 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

I do not see it your way.
It does not change my view.
I'll leave it there.

I'm getting away from unpleasantness. Lifey shows me it's still around

That’s fine.

I’m only explaining why clubs in our situation can’t demand top dollar, or even market value, on deadline day when only one club is interested.

If you want to believe our financial position isn’t public knowledge, that’s up to you.
Joe Rodon on 09:35 - Jun 17 with 761 viewsKeithHaynes

Joe Rodon on 09:23 - Jun 17 by jack247

We shop well, we sell low, that’s the deal, Rodon went for 11.8 million rising to 15 with add ons. At the time it was as good as we could get.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joe Rodon on 09:37 - Jun 17 with 757 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 09:35 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

We shop well, we sell low, that’s the deal, Rodon went for 11.8 million rising to 15 with add ons. At the time it was as good as we could get.

"we could get" is a key phrase .It's key because of the position we got ourselves cornered.

We see things differently.

Vive le Difference

Joe Rodon on 09:50 - Jun 17 with 737 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 09:35 - Jun 17 by KeithHaynes

I know. Hardly confusing is it?
Joe Rodon on 10:27 - Jun 17 with 719 viewsBadlands

Rodon had a good game as did all the others … even Mepham (!) but did struggle at times and looked uncomfortable as was picked up on S4C commentary. Joe, like others, was less than great against the Swiss.
Some commenters always go over the top when a decent player has a good game especially if it offers a crack at the club.
Against Italy we'll need Cabango or other to help with high balls and crossess.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 11:58 - Jun 17 with 690 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 09:50 - Jun 17 by jack247

I know. Hardly confusing is it?

No,it's not confusing at all.
This is though

People thinking we bought Lowe on the cheap as Wigan were desperate. He aint worth that ,come on.
Whittaker was bought for what 900k,and that a bargain ? Nah.

The best deal we did was Siggy although the profit seemed to disappear down the black hole that our esteemed yankie owners try to fill.

so,no confusion here Gents,just hard nosed market realism.

Joe Rodon on 12:01 - Jun 17 with 690 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 10:27 - Jun 17 by Badlands

Rodon had a good game as did all the others … even Mepham (!) but did struggle at times and looked uncomfortable as was picked up on S4C commentary. Joe, like others, was less than great against the Swiss.
Some commenters always go over the top when a decent player has a good game especially if it offers a crack at the club.
Against Italy we'll need Cabango or other to help with high balls and crossess.

Do they have a big target man in the squad? Immobile, Chiesa, Berardi, Insigne... not exactly mountains. Chiellini probably injured, their biggest set piece threat.

When we played Man City we didn't load up on big centre halves, Matty Grimes dropped into the backline. I'd play a back 5 with Davies and Ampadu either side of Joe. Match up Spinazolla's energy with Connor's (for an hour, then whip him off). Rest Moore, pace on the counter with DJ and Brooks. They've not been tested with balls lumped into the channels behind the wingbacks yet...
Joe Rodon on 12:16 - Jun 17 with 671 viewsWhiterockin

Joe Rodon on 12:01 - Jun 17 by jasper_T

Do they have a big target man in the squad? Immobile, Chiesa, Berardi, Insigne... not exactly mountains. Chiellini probably injured, their biggest set piece threat.

When we played Man City we didn't load up on big centre halves, Matty Grimes dropped into the backline. I'd play a back 5 with Davies and Ampadu either side of Joe. Match up Spinazolla's energy with Connor's (for an hour, then whip him off). Rest Moore, pace on the counter with DJ and Brooks. They've not been tested with balls lumped into the channels behind the wingbacks yet...

Rest Moore, pace on the counter with DJ and Brooks. They've not been tested with balls lumped into the channels behind

Exactly this. Their ageing defence will either have to sit deep and allow us space to play in front of it or risk getting caught behind. I am really optimistic about us getting at least a point.
Joe Rodon on 13:07 - Jun 17 with 643 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 11:58 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

No,it's not confusing at all.
This is though

People thinking we bought Lowe on the cheap as Wigan were desperate. He aint worth that ,come on.
Whittaker was bought for what 900k,and that a bargain ? Nah.

The best deal we did was Siggy although the profit seemed to disappear down the black hole that our esteemed yankie owners try to fill.

so,no confusion here Gents,just hard nosed market realism.

It’s hard to take you seriously when you post stuff like this.

We paid £800k for Lowe, he scored 14 goals. 10th most in the Championship.
Joe Rodon on 13:34 - Jun 17 with 631 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 13:07 - Jun 17 by jack247

It’s hard to take you seriously when you post stuff like this.

We paid £800k for Lowe, he scored 14 goals. 10th most in the Championship.

Life is hard but don't fret.Im not.

Who exactly needs to be taken seriously.

I stand by every word.

Joe Rodon on 14:25 - Jun 17 with 609 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 13:34 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

Life is hard but don't fret.Im not.

Who exactly needs to be taken seriously.

I stand by every word.

No fretting.

If you’re going to come out with stuff like

We should have been able to hoodwink Levy into thinking we didn’t need the money
Lowe wasn’t a steal at £800k

People are simply going to correct you.
Joe Rodon on 16:00 - Jun 17 with 571 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Wasnt Birch at Spurs then so Levy knew 100% we needed the money or am I mistaken

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Joe Rodon on 16:10 - Jun 17 with 564 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 16:00 - Jun 17 by PatchesOHoulihan

Wasnt Birch at Spurs then so Levy knew 100% we needed the money or am I mistaken

Yes.

He’d have had more detailed knowledge of our finances, but any PL club coming in on their own on the last day of the window would have known they held the aces.
Joe Rodon on 17:42 - Jun 17 with 536 viewsATFV

Joe Rodon on 16:10 - Jun 17 by jack247

Yes.

He’d have had more detailed knowledge of our finances, but any PL club coming in on their own on the last day of the window would have known they held the aces.

Plus the minor inconvenience of it being the middle of a freakin' global pandemic that stopped income coming in through gate receipts etc, with every Football League club pleading subsequent poverty and clamouring for urgent Premier League financial assistance. But against that backdrop we should have been convincing Levy that we could take or leave his offer without a second thought.

Maybe we should have tried hypnotism on him?

As others have tried to explain in lucid fashion throughout this thread, we had little choice. The player wanted to go, an auction between both Manchester clubs, Spurs and others didn't materialise and our already precarious financial state was being magnified by the effects of Covid. Whilst the money we got up front for Joe was low, it enabled is to not only keep trading but strengthen other areas of the squad.
Joe Rodon on 18:09 - Jun 17 with 515 viewslifelong

Joe Rodon on 14:25 - Jun 17 by jack247

No fretting.

We should have been able to hoodwink Levy into thinking we didn’t need the money

He’ll eventually get on your nerves, he hasn’t got a clue, he’s got loads of form for it.👍
Joe Rodon on 21:26 - Jun 17 with 474 viewsAndyCole

No fretting.

'People are simply going to correct you.'

What a load of baloney. Imagine a forum where we were all doing that - looking to 'correct' other people's opinions.

For example if someone chose to 'correct' a clueless poster's opinion that Turkey were just as likely to beat Italy 1-0 as Italy were to beat Turkey 1-0. Which of course was a bonkers opinion. But nobody called out / 'corrected' that poster's opinion, pre or post the 3-0 drubbing of a predictably woeful Turkey.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Joe Rodon on 21:42 - Jun 17 with 468 viewsonehunglow

No fretting.

YOU correct me? -thanks for that.#Almost as laughable as seemingly having to answer to you and the gang.

Lowe was sold without the record you mention . Ergo,it was anything but robbing Wigan so I have corrected you.See?

Joe Rodon on 06:16 - Jun 18 with 421 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 21:26 - Jun 17 by AndyCole

'People are simply going to correct you.'

What a load of baloney. Imagine a forum where we were all doing that - looking to 'correct' other people's opinions.

For example if someone chose to 'correct' a clueless poster's opinion that Turkey were just as likely to beat Italy 1-0 as Italy were to beat Turkey 1-0. Which of course was a bonkers opinion. But nobody called out / 'corrected' that poster's opinion, pre or post the 3-0 drubbing of a predictably woeful Turkey.

I agree, that’s a crazy opinion, but at least it’s an opinion.

We could have pretended we didn’t need the money and Levy and Birch would have bought it is absurd babbling nonsense, as many others have patiently explained. Enough people corrected him in this thread, I’ve just pointed it out.

Turkey were far more likely to beat Italy than any club who sells its best couple of players every summer were to convince anyone they could turn down 8 figures on deadline day.
Joe Rodon on 06:17 - Jun 18 with 419 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 21:42 - Jun 17 by onehunglow

YOU correct me? -thanks for that.#Almost as laughable as seemingly having to answer to you and the gang.

Lowe was sold without the record you mention . Ergo,it was anything but robbing Wigan so I have corrected you.See?

I thought you weren’t fretting? You seem to be slipping back into Perch mode

Lowe was a winger at Wigan.
Joe Rodon on 08:42 - Jun 18 with 377 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 06:17 - Jun 18 by jack247

I thought you weren’t fretting? You seem to be slipping back into Perch mode

Lowe was a winger at Wigan.

Why reply to a username now well buried .

You've dropped your guard there Champ.

You on morning duty today?

Any instructions from HQ ?

Best wind yer neck in ,son

Joe Rodon on 10:45 - Jun 18 with 341 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 08:42 - Jun 18 by onehunglow

Why reply to a username now well buried .

You've dropped your guard there Champ.

You on morning duty today?

Any instructions from HQ ?

Best wind yer neck in ,son

You talk about usernames like Perch and OHL are different people. Whichever really, I’m replying to you.

Wind my neck in? Christ, all I’ve done is said people will correct you when you post nonsense. ATFV, Keith and Patches have all done so on this thread. It’s not new and it’s not exclusive to yourself. Drop the persecution complex yeah?
Joe Rodon on 10:54 - Jun 18 with 333 viewsDr_Winston

Joe Rodon on 10:45 - Jun 18 by jack247

You talk about usernames like Perch and OHL are different people. Whichever really, I’m replying to you.

Wind my neck in? Christ, all I’ve done is said people will correct you when you post nonsense. ATFV, Keith and Patches have all done so on this thread. It’s not new and it’s not exclusive to yourself. Drop the persecution complex yeah?

He's 64% persecution complex (the rest is mostly hypocrisy and hatred). You're asking a lot of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024