Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust and investments? 13:23 - Jun 20 with 1111 viewsReslovenSwan1

With the court case now pending what plans do the SCST have for their money. should they be sucessful? To date they have shown no interest in the world of investments with £880,000 or so in current account with negligible interest. The £14m or so from a divorce this is a game changer. Member should be conscious of big changes that will be needed in tht event.

A court win would in my opinion force a change in the way they go about their business. The do nothing option is not sustainable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Trust and investments? on 13:48 - Jun 20 with 1087 viewsWhiterockin

Do us a favor and give it a break mate.
The Trust and investments? on 13:50 - Jun 20 with 1085 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 13:48 - Jun 20 by Whiterockin

Do us a favor and give it a break mate.

This is actually important . If you want to discuss the Swansea new strp crack on.

The Trust and investments? on 13:52 - Jun 20 with 1082 viewsReslovenSwan1

Can the SCST invest in property?. Members tell me no. I took this from the Constitution document.

In order to achieve its objects the Society may either itself or through a subsidiary company
or society acting under its control:
6.1. buy, sell and lease property;
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 15:16]

The Trust and investments? on 13:55 - Jun 20 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

And that money is losing value with inflation.
It's a fair point Res but you will get yet more abuse until somebody here says enough is enough.
The Trust can seemingly do whatever it likes and cannot be questioned.

It reads like this

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Trust and investments? on 17:41 - Jun 20 with 1027 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Trust and investments? on 13:52 - Jun 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Can the SCST invest in property?. Members tell me no. I took this from the Constitution document.

In order to achieve its objects the Society may either itself or through a subsidiary company
or society acting under its control:
6.1. buy, sell and lease property;
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 15:16]

I think you will find what little reserves the trust has been kept to finance all the legal cost .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Trust and investments? on 19:56 - Jun 20 with 987 viewsAlgorfajack

"With the court case now pending what plans do the SCST have for their money. should they be sucessful? To date they have shown no interest in the world of investments with £880,000 or so in current account with negligible interest. The £14m or so from a divorce this is a game changer."

Lets be honest mate, as you are not a member then you have no right to know how/what/why trust decisions are made.

As a member myself, if I need an answer to anything trust related then I will ask the relevant authority, i.e, Swans Trust.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 20:49]

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

The Trust and investments? on 07:48 - Jun 21 with 900 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Trust and investments? on 19:56 - Jun 20 by Algorfajack

"With the court case now pending what plans do the SCST have for their money. should they be sucessful? To date they have shown no interest in the world of investments with £880,000 or so in current account with negligible interest. The £14m or so from a divorce this is a game changer."

Lets be honest mate, as you are not a member then you have no right to know how/what/why trust decisions are made.

As a member myself, if I need an answer to anything trust related then I will ask the relevant authority, i.e, Swans Trust.

Hopefully that will keep him quiet . It is no business of anyone who is not a member. Will he join, stand for the committee, and offer his financial wisdom to the trust.

The Trust and investments? on 09:22 - Jun 21 with 876 viewsTreforys_Jack

There won't be a court case mun, res, has been telling us for years.
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust and investments? on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 866 viewsonehunglow

Good to see this end though and lance this boil

The Trust and investments? on 12:34 - Jun 21 with 844 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 19:56 - Jun 20 by Algorfajack

I am not a member of the Royal Family but that does not mean I cannot comment of their deplorable behaviour (the RF that is) .

I have no interest in the Swansea Supporter Trust and would leave them alone to discuss whatever they talk about if they did their duty by the club. They have a lots of procedures and clerical obligations they need to fulfil. I am in no doubt they are very good at what they do.

However they appear tp be planing to go to court to sue the majority owner of the club (the ones that actually keep the club in business) and are making some claims I dispute.

One is the nonsense that the majority owners could easily "dilute them to nothing ". This is actually mathematically impossible and extremely unlikely. The process of dilution is in mathemetical terms an 'asymptotic' relationship.

The second is the claim from members that the case will have no effect on the running of the club. The bill will not go to the club but the US owners and they will need to sue the sellers. Getting the money off the sellers will take years. Are they seriously suggesting a sudden bill of £22-25m to the other owners will have not effect on the runing of the club?.

There are ways the owners can find this money in the short and long term. From what i can think of.

1) Upto £10m can be recovered from the loan they have given the club for starters. How will that effect the club.?

2) Sell players while the window is open at all costs. Winter knows what happend to Mr Jenkins who declined a low ball offer from Leeds Utd. Swansea will perhaps be in a similar place Wigan were in when they sold Gelheart Moore and Lowe for pennies. The Vultures are watching with interest.

3) Increase season tickets by 25% (currently the lowest in the championship)

4) Make redundancies.

I believe a big win for the SCST could result in redundancies for hard working Swansea people in the club. It is reasonable to assume the US shareholders will be very unhappy at the way Swansea people and UK law has treated them and will not spare the redundancy knife in my opinion.

This is my point of view.

If you are interested contact your friendly Trust representative and enquire if they think redundancies at the cub is something that COULD occur as a result of a SCST win in court as an unintended consequence. Is this claim credible?

I like to investigate "unintended consquences". its called "due dilligence" something the SCST claim they are quite rigorous doing apparently.

This is my preliminary risk assessment of what will happen for a SCST big win in court. I still hope they will not proceed. This could mark the formal end of the 'Jenkinista era' of success. Mr Tan wiil be watching with interest and wishing the SCST the very best of luck. They were still piling at the new Academy site in Canton when I drove past there last week. A very big Malaysian Tiger Tank is parked at Junction 33 and its gun is pointing west. Tan wants Swansea city locally owned as a feeder club for his Blue behemoth club backed by Malaysian billions.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:38]

The Trust and investments? on 12:41 - Jun 21 with 835 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Trust and investments? on 12:34 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a member of the Royal Family but that does not mean I cannot comment of their deplorable behaviour (the RF that is) .

I have no interest in the Swansea Supporter Trust and would leave them alone to discuss whatever they talk about if they did their duty by the club. They have a lots of procedures and clerical obligations they need to fulfil. I am in no doubt they are very good at what they do.

However they appear tp be planing to go to court to sue the majority owner of the club (the ones that actually keep the club in business) and are making some claims I dispute.

One is the nonsense that the majority owners could easily "dilute them to nothing ". This is actually mathematically impossible and extremely unlikely. The process of dilution is in mathemetical terms an 'asymptotic' relationship.

The second is the claim from members that the case will have no effect on the running of the club. The bill will not go to the club but the US owners and they will need to sue the sellers. Getting the money off the sellers will take years. Are they seriously suggesting a sudden bill of £22-25m to the other owners will have not effect on the runing of the club?.

There are ways the owners can find this money in the short and long term. From what i can think of.

1) Upto £10m can be recovered from the loan they have given the club for starters. How will that effect the club.?

2) Sell players while the window is open at all costs. Winter knows what happend to Mr Jenkins who declined a low ball offer from Leeds Utd. Swansea will perhaps be in a similar place Wigan were in when they sold Gelheart Moore and Lowe for pennies. The Vultures are watching with interest.

3) Increase season tickets by 25% (currently the lowest in the championship)

4) Make redundancies.

I believe a big win for the SCST could result in redundancies for hard working Swansea people in the club. It is reasonable to assume the US shareholders will be very unhappy at the way Swansea people and UK law has treated them and will not spare the redundancy knife in my opinion.

This is my point of view.

If you are interested contact your friendly Trust representative and enquire if they think redundancies at the cub is something that COULD occur as a result of a SCST win in court as an unintended consequence. Is this claim credible?

I like to investigate "unintended consquences". its called "due dilligence" something the SCST claim they are quite rigorous doing apparently.

This is my preliminary risk assessment of what will happen for a SCST big win in court. I still hope they will not proceed. This could mark the formal end of the 'Jenkinista era' of success. Mr Tan wiil be watching with interest and wishing the SCST the very best of luck. They were still piling at the new Academy site in Canton when I drove past there last week. A very big Malaysian Tiger Tank is parked at Junction 33 and its gun is pointing west. Tan wants Swansea city locally owned as a feeder club for his Blue behemoth club backed by Malaysian billions.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 12:38]

????????

The Trust and investments? on 12:44 - Jun 21 with 832 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 12:41 - Jun 21 by felixstowe_jack

????????

Please advise me on anything you are unclear about and I will endeavour to explain. I realise 'asymptote' is a tough word to digest.

The Trust and investments? on 13:07 - Jun 21 with 809 viewsAlgorfajack

"I am not a member of the Royal Family but that does not mean I cannot comment of their deplorable behaviour (the RF that is) ."

Regarding the Trust, you don't only comment on their behaviour, in previous posts you are actually demanding an explanation of what plans the trust have in place for investment.

As I have said, you have no right to an explanation until or if you were to join the trust.

The rest of your post was superfluous to my post.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

The Trust and investments? on 13:42 - Jun 21 with 789 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 13:07 - Jun 21 by Algorfajack

"I am not a member of the Royal Family but that does not mean I cannot comment of their deplorable behaviour (the RF that is) ."

Regarding the Trust, you don't only comment on their behaviour, in previous posts you are actually demanding an explanation of what plans the trust have in place for investment.

As I have said, you have no right to an explanation until or if you were to join the trust.

The rest of your post was superfluous to my post.

I am a Swansea city fan and have been for a long time. The SCST claim to speak for me and my interests. I claim their interests are to the benefit of Vincent Tan and Cardiff city and explained why.

They claim they are acting in the best interests of the club. I dispute this and ask for evidence. They decline to give it.

I suggest to you that a successful legal action will result in reduncies in the club possibly significant redundances. This is as an 'unindended consquence'. However they should have considered this in their "due dilligence" perhaps.? Do you have any comment on this as a member? You as a group voted for the course they are on. Its called accoutabiliity.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 14:10]

The Trust and investments? on 14:13 - Jun 21 with 767 viewsmajorraglan

The Trust and investments? on 13:42 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I am a Swansea city fan and have been for a long time. The SCST claim to speak for me and my interests. I claim their interests are to the benefit of Vincent Tan and Cardiff city and explained why.

They claim they are acting in the best interests of the club. I dispute this and ask for evidence. They decline to give it.

I suggest to you that a successful legal action will result in reduncies in the club possibly significant redundances. This is as an 'unindended consquence'. However they should have considered this in their "due dilligence" perhaps.? Do you have any comment on this as a member? You as a group voted for the course they are on. Its called accoutabiliity.

Instead of carping on about it here, why don’t you join the SCST, attend a meeting, ask your questions and make your observations direct to the officials and members? The SCST have made their decision and we will nw have to wait to see how it pans out.

Maybe some consideration should have been given to redundancies, the impact on non playing staff etc by the club’s management in the run up to the club being relegated from the PL.
The Trust and investments? on 14:16 - Jun 21 with 758 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Trust and investments? on 13:42 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust don't claim to speak for you. They speak for their members.

You can suggest that there might be redundancies just as you can suggest that the Earth is flat. Your suggestions are irrelevant.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Trust and investments? on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 748 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 14:13 - Jun 21 by majorraglan

Instead of carping on about it here, why don’t you join the SCST, attend a meeting, ask your questions and make your observations direct to the officials and members? The SCST have made their decision and we will nw have to wait to see how it pans out.

Maybe some consideration should have been given to redundancies, the impact on non playing staff etc by the club’s management in the run up to the club being relegated from the PL.

I would get vey bored sitting through their tedious meetings. Have you read the minutes? All procedure and protocols. They take months to do anything.

The Trust and investments? on 15:00 - Jun 21 with 725 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 14:16 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

The Trust don't claim to speak for you. They speak for their members.

You can suggest that there might be redundancies just as you can suggest that the Earth is flat. Your suggestions are irrelevant.

Guess what you are wrong on that. Here is the mission statement. I have capitalised the relevant words.

- maintain a professional football club in Swansea;
- bring the football club closer to its FANS all over the world and within its local community;
- have elected representation on the Board of Swansea City Football Club;
- maintain and increase a stake in the club, in pursuance of the aims above;
- represent the views, needs and aims of our members (AND SUPPORTERS) at all times;
ensure we are an all-inclusive, positive and representative organisation that is open and
accessible to ALL SUPPORTERS regardless of their age, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, or religious/moral beliefs and without discrimination of any kind

The Trust and investments? on 15:12 - Jun 21 with 718 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Trust and investments? on 14:33 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I would get vey bored sitting through their tedious meetings. Have you read the minutes? All procedure and protocols. They take months to do anything.

You spend enough time on here typing very boring posts, you obviously have a lot of spare time, get on the trust and be proactive.
The Trust and investments? on 15:29 - Jun 21 with 703 viewsonehunglow

The Trust and investments? on 15:12 - Jun 21 by Treforys_Jack

You spend enough time on here typing very boring posts, you obviously have a lot of spare time, get on the trust and be proactive.

They can't be that boring looking at the flood of replies he gets .
Just look at the volume of replies .
Never boring.

The Trust and investments? on 19:42 - Jun 21 with 653 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Trust and investments? on 15:00 - Jun 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Guess what you are wrong on that. Here is the mission statement. I have capitalised the relevant words.

- maintain a professional football club in Swansea;
- bring the football club closer to its FANS all over the world and within its local community;
- have elected representation on the Board of Swansea City Football Club;
- maintain and increase a stake in the club, in pursuance of the aims above;
- represent the views, needs and aims of our members (AND SUPPORTERS) at all times;
ensure we are an all-inclusive, positive and representative organisation that is open and
accessible to ALL SUPPORTERS regardless of their age, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, or religious/moral beliefs and without discrimination of any kind

Yes, Fans who join the Trust.

Yes, the Trust is accessible to all supporters regardless of etc. etc. If supporters don’t wish to access the Trust by not joining the Trust it can’t represent them.

They can only realistically represent supporters who join, take part in electing officers and take part in votes on policy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Trust and investments? (n/t) on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 554 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust and investments? on 19:42 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Yes, Fans who join the Trust.

Yes, the Trust is accessible to all supporters regardless of etc. etc. If supporters don’t wish to access the Trust by not joining the Trust it can’t represent them.

They can only realistically represent supporters who join, take part in electing officers and take part in votes on policy.

You have re written the constitution to exclude non member supporters by adding the word 'realistically'. It is a formal document.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 16:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024