Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tour de France 10:30 - Jun 26 with 2104 viewsonehunglow

Every year I start a thread on this event,for me ,easily the hardest sporting event bar none. Frankluy,I'm glad to be still around to start such a thread and hope we can all hang around a bit longer to argue,bitch and kockwave.
I used to get the dope addled filthy cheat replies but the contributors to this site are ,by and large,different breed.

Im glad Brittany gets a decent spread this year as the Bretons are nuts on the sport and nice people too.

Geraint does have a chance of Yellow but the Ineos team kook very strong.His prepareation has been good .Im a fan of Froome,I admit it. I would love to see him hit the 5 wins but can't see it.He simply got injured at the wrong time and that put paid to his chances of immortality.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Tour de France on 10:54 - Jun 26 with 1189 viewsmax936

I prefer bikes with engines, Tour de France would be far easier and less taxing on ones body

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Tour de France on 10:59 - Jun 26 with 1185 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I read an article about Miguel Indurain, the journalist met him for the first time and said he looked overweight. In fact he had lungs so big they displaced his stomach.

His lung capacity was 33% more than average.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Tour de France on 11:05 - Jun 26 with 1182 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 10:59 - Jun 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

I read an article about Miguel Indurain, the journalist met him for the first time and said he looked overweight. In fact he had lungs so big they displaced his stomach.

His lung capacity was 33% more than average.

Big Mig was a freak. I believe he was clean too.Simply an animal

The Tour de France on 11:09 - Jun 26 with 1180 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 10:54 - Jun 26 by max936

I prefer bikes with engines, Tour de France would be far easier and less taxing on ones body

Steve.
Ive lost touch with GP and Superbikes although Jon Rea is awesome and clearly under the radar .Five world titles in a row
He s greater than Foggy,who was/is an arrogant kent.

I miss the IOM. Do ya fancy it next year? I d join you on the Vomit Bucket .It's only a four hour ferry.

The Tour de France on 11:17 - Jun 26 with 1177 viewsmax936

The Tour de France on 11:09 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Steve.
Ive lost touch with GP and Superbikes although Jon Rea is awesome and clearly under the radar .Five world titles in a row
He s greater than Foggy,who was/is an arrogant kent.

I miss the IOM. Do ya fancy it next year? I d join you on the Vomit Bucket .It's only a four hour ferry.

I'd love to go to the IOM, but out of season for me, couldn't be doing with the hustle and bustle of the TT weeks, I watched Henry Cole visit there, on The Motorcycle Show it looks a fantastic place to visit and enjoy, The Motorcycle Show is a great watch by the way, its re-running on ITV4 through the week, its on after Minder.
I've spoke to a few people [motorcyclists] who have met Henry Cole and they can't stand him though, but I love his Show, he presents it very well for me.

The Tour de France on 13:56 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewsjack_lord

The Tour de France on 11:17 - Jun 26 by max936

I'd love to go to the IOM, but out of season for me, couldn't be doing with the hustle and bustle of the TT weeks, I watched Henry Cole visit there, on The Motorcycle Show it looks a fantastic place to visit and enjoy, The Motorcycle Show is a great watch by the way, its re-running on ITV4 through the week, its on after Minder.
I've spoke to a few people [motorcyclists] who have met Henry Cole and they can't stand him though, but I love his Show, he presents it very well for me.

Interesting analysis deciding which is the hardest sporting event.

My brother does the ironman regularly but only took it up a couple of years ago in his late 40's after getting serious with cycling. To be honest I never saw him as a serious athlete but he has done remarkably well. He is quite humble in saying that anyone could do it if they go through the correct training programme.

I would have said swimming and running were the harder disciplines and boxing over 12 rounds requires a hell of a lot of guts and stamina.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Tour de France on 14:03 - Jun 26 with 1133 viewsjeza739

It's a shame the sport and this event has been tarnished by drugs over the yrs but which sport that relies on physical strength or endurance hasn't been?
As someone who has raced competitively (mainly in running but also in triathlon) and who trains quite a bit on a bike the way these guys climb the mountains never ceases to amaze me..
The Tour de France on 14:08 - Jun 26 with 1130 viewsCatullus

These cyclists are incredible athletes but cycling, not for me! Not watching anyway. One day soon I intend to buy a good bike and crank up the miles to get some fitness back.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The Tour de France on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 1105 viewscontroversial_jack

They aren't big guys either, quite slim. their power to weight ratio must be incredible and their endurance.
The Tour de France on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 1116 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 11:17 - Jun 26 by max936

The hustle and bustle is what makes it great mun.
Im not a big drinker and now much older but I still fancy another trip.

If you fancy it some day,let me know and I will append the best viewing spots.

You have to organise.

My advice though for a first times,avoid the mountain section and stay around Douglas.

Bray Hill is always worth it and will shock you if you can get a spot at the bottom.
Failing that,Hillberry is a very fast right handed approaching Douglas.

If you like a drink then get up to Ramsey and stop in Parliament Square or the hairpin,where you can actually see the whites of their eyes.

Good luck

The Tour de France on 20:19 - Jun 26 with 1080 viewsmax936

The Tour de France on 13:56 - Jun 26 by jack_lord

Interesting analysis deciding which is the hardest sporting event.

My brother does the ironman regularly but only took it up a couple of years ago in his late 40's after getting serious with cycling. To be honest I never saw him as a serious athlete but he has done remarkably well. He is quite humble in saying that anyone could do it if they go through the correct training programme.

I would have said swimming and running were the harder disciplines and boxing over 12 rounds requires a hell of a lot of guts and stamina.

I don't decry it for one minute Jase, just pulling OHL's leg, but he played along with it
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 20:20]

The Tour de France on 20:22 - Jun 26 with 1068 viewsmax936

The Tour de France on 14:59 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

The hustle and bustle is what makes it great mun.
Im not a big drinker and now much older but I still fancy another trip.

If you fancy it some day,let me know and I will append the best viewing spots.

You have to organise.

My advice though for a first times,avoid the mountain section and stay around Douglas.

Bray Hill is always worth it and will shock you if you can get a spot at the bottom.
Failing that,Hillberry is a very fast right handed approaching Douglas.

If you like a drink then get up to Ramsey and stop in Parliament Square or the hairpin,where you can actually see the whites of their eyes.

Good luck

I'm definitely gonna make an effort to visit there, but not over the TT fortnight, it just doesn't appeal to me.

The Tour de France on 20:26 - Jun 26 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 20:19 - Jun 26 by max936

I don't decry it for one minute Jase, just pulling OHL's leg, but he played along with it
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 20:20]

The only person I play with is now doing the dishes,apart from the labour voters on here with erections awaiting the next toryboy mess up.

It' s about decisions.

I d suggest you and Jase get a tandem ,some lycra and a bottle of enrgy drink and climb the Col de Tourmalet or some of the Pyrenee stages,then next day do a time trial which is basically an hour at full tilt. Nobody can know what that is like.

The tour is the hardest mental test IMO. Iron man -nah. Because its over in a day.

We are talking here of three weeks pain

Finally,if you come off a bike at 80k coming down a 8,000 feet mountain,it hurts and can kill -as it has.

So ,I win and I love you both

Ive been up some of the mountain stages in a car and it's an eyefull

The Tour de France on 00:51 - Jun 27 with 1039 viewsjack_lord

The Tour de France on 20:26 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

The only person I play with is now doing the dishes,apart from the labour voters on here with erections awaiting the next toryboy mess up.

It' s about decisions.

I d suggest you and Jase get a tandem ,some lycra and a bottle of enrgy drink and climb the Col de Tourmalet or some of the Pyrenee stages,then next day do a time trial which is basically an hour at full tilt. Nobody can know what that is like.

The tour is the hardest mental test IMO. Iron man -nah. Because its over in a day.

We are talking here of three weeks pain

Finally,if you come off a bike at 80k coming down a 8,000 feet mountain,it hurts and can kill -as it has.

So ,I win and I love you both

Ive been up some of the mountain stages in a car and it's an eyefull

My brother took to cycling like a duck to water. He went from nothing to riding 80 miles including up and down the bwlch and the rhigos in a short time. He has been to the tour de france route to test himself but his best achievement was completing the ironman.

The Tour de France on 10:01 - Jun 27 with 993 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 00:51 - Jun 27 by jack_lord

My brother took to cycling like a duck to water. He went from nothing to riding 80 miles including up and down the bwlch and the rhigos in a short time. He has been to the tour de france route to test himself but his best achievement was completing the ironman.

What part of the route?

The Tour de France on 13:49 - Jun 27 with 949 viewsjack_lord

The Tour de France on 10:01 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

What part of the route?

He has been at least 3 times. Pyrenees and some very high place.

The Tour de France on 14:05 - Jun 27 with 947 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 13:49 - Jun 27 by jack_lord

He has been at least 3 times. Pyrenees and some very high place.

Beautiful stage today.Have a look

The Tour de France on 19:05 - Jun 28 with 862 viewsonehunglow

Horror show today.
Lot of riders injured some seriously. Geraint to be assessed after dislocating a shoulder and having it popped back.
You watching football boys.

I hate to see crashes like this.

But it’s ok as they re all dopers.

Innit.

The Tour de France on 20:42 - Jun 28 with 841 viewsProfessor

The Tour de France on 14:05 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Beautiful stage today.Have a look

Lovely area Morbihan. Had a couple of very pleasant stays there. Went on the boat to the cairn at Gavrinis out in the gulf.
The Tour de France on 20:44 - Jun 28 with 840 viewsProfessor

The Tour de France on 19:05 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Horror show today.
Lot of riders injured some seriously. Geraint to be assessed after dislocating a shoulder and having it popped back.
You watching football boys.

I hate to see crashes like this.

But it’s ok as they re all dopers.

Innit.

Watched the last 40 Km. Brutal today. The Sagan-Ewan crash looked horrific. Did not see G’s crash.
The Tour de France on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 834 viewsonehunglow

The Tour de France on 20:44 - Jun 28 by Professor

Watched the last 40 Km. Brutal today. The Sagan-Ewan crash looked horrific. Did not see G’s crash.

Dunno whether anyone is to blame or is just part of the sport.
The sport has been dismissed by some utter morons

These lads are braver than anyone

Try riding a bike on narrow pieces of rubber at 80 kph with sheer drop on both sides

I hate the way they zoom in in crashes .

It’s ghoulish

The Tour de France on 21:22 - Jun 28 with 830 viewsProfessor

The Tour de France on 21:08 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Dunno whether anyone is to blame or is just part of the sport.
The sport has been dismissed by some utter morons

These lads are braver than anyone

Try riding a bike on narrow pieces of rubber at 80 kph with sheer drop on both sides

I hate the way they zoom in in crashes .

It’s ghoulish

Thing is it’s like riding from Wrexham to Swansea every day for three weeks. Stage 11 is 125 miles with two climbs of Ventoux plus another Cat 1 climb. I don’t get the haters.
The Tour de France on 21:38 - Jun 28 with 812 viewslifelong

I did the Gower bike ride some years ago, stopped off in the King Arthur, drunk 6 pints and had to call Mrs Lifelong to pick me up.
The Tour de France on 22:01 - Jun 28 with 811 viewsCatullus

The Tour de France on 21:38 - Jun 28 by lifelong

I did the Gower bike ride some years ago, stopped off in the King Arthur, drunk 6 pints and had to call Mrs Lifelong to pick me up.

I did the bike ride once, got a bit drunk and passed a very nasty crash, got home with a very sore bum too, never did it again! Must be over 20 years ago now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Tour de France on 22:47 - Jun 28 with 796 viewsjack_lord

The Tour de France on 22:01 - Jun 28 by Catullus

I did the bike ride once, got a bit drunk and passed a very nasty crash, got home with a very sore bum too, never did it again! Must be over 20 years ago now.

I rode to Kidwelly once - met a lovely girl by the castle.

I know guys who have had to infiltrate certain place s in Belfast and would have been dead if caught but the aren't as brave as the cyclists.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024