Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. 18:59 - Jun 26 with 3407 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Numerous senior players have declined considerably and will be soon retired or are already gone.

Those coming through to replace them are much less talented.

Wales will likely have a small group of players who make the bench or start for mid table and bottom-half Premier League teams (Ward, James and Roberts), however the vast majority will do well to spend their careers playing in England's second tier, with brief spells in the Premier League upon promotion etc.

It is a shame so little was achieved by this generation of supremely talented Welsh footballers. Not even a single World Cup finals appearance.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 2644 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Only 13 teams have played in a world Cup final. 187 teams have not. Your point is?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 2643 viewsguthrieintherain

Didn't take you long not sure why you post on here never seen you post anything positive about the Swans or Wales.

Another one on ignore that's 2 now.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:28 - Jun 26 with 2581 viewsjasper_T

A decade is a very long time but the next cycle of tournaments will likely be a tougher ask. This one (with the year delay) was really looking like a potential peak, but the former stars dropped off more than expected (Bale's still not quite 32) and their replacements have fallen short of development expectations. Wilson, Brooks, Ampadu, Tyler Roberts all look Championship level when a few years ago they supposedly had the world at their feet.

We were lucky to qualify, lucky to progress, and got beaten by a far better manager more than anything today. The next tournament is going to be tougher, and likely the one after that as well. But give it 5 years and a lot can change. The infrastructure and pathways are there and players can emerge seemingly out of nowhere pretty quickly.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:38 - Jun 26 with 2568 viewsReslovenSwan1

I hope Cymru does not paper over the cracks with self congratulation and actually analyse where being outclassed today leaves us. Talented boys like Brooks, Wilson, Neco were extremely sloppy from the moment they came on. Leavng Hal Robson Kanu out was a mistake.

The Danes with unknown players pass the ball with accuracy and got better and better. Wales passing got worse and worse. Joey had a shocker. Frank is a product of the Danish FA and Brentford took over the mantle of Swansea.

Levitt needs to be the first name on the teamsheet. Colwill and Co must come into a team committed to not giving the ball away. Things were on course with Speed. With no Bale Allen and Ramsey livng of Scraps will see us return to 100+ rankings. Wales have some good players coming through but they must come inot a team playing possession football where the team is worth more than the sum of its parts.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:39 - Jun 26 with 2568 viewsmax936

Nice to read that your feeling your usual positive self Dwight its very uplifting and refreshing,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:49 - Jun 26 with 2549 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:39 - Jun 26 by max936

Nice to read that your feeling your usual positive self Dwight its very uplifting and refreshing,

I'm a realist. I'm tired of hearing people tell me "But Brooks/Neco/Tyler Roberts/Ampadu/Wilson are coming through".

They're average second tier players who are much less talented than the players they're replacing.

Wales' future matchday squads will be frightening.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:09 - Jun 26 with 2514 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:03 - Jun 26 by felixstowe_jack

Only 13 teams have played in a world Cup final. 187 teams have not. Your point is?

Think his point is we are crap.And we are.
No hiding the fact.

We will soon lose Bale and RAmsey

We have a third choice keeper,no striker of quality and a pysspoor midfield.

Brookes and Wilson are overated and not that standard

Sometimes,you just got to suck it up

Dwight is dead right here,like it or not,whoever he is.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:15 - Jun 26 with 2506 viewsBadlands

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:09 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Think his point is we are crap.And we are.
No hiding the fact.

We will soon lose Bale and RAmsey

We have a third choice keeper,no striker of quality and a pysspoor midfield.

Brookes and Wilson are overated and not that standard

Sometimes,you just got to suck it up

Dwight is dead right here,like it or not,whoever he is.

You think losing Bale and Ramsey is a negative?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:19 - Jun 26 with 2490 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:15 - Jun 26 by Badlands

lol

Well,who ,pray tell me,are their replacements.

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 2472 viewsKilkennyjack

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:28 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

A decade is a very long time but the next cycle of tournaments will likely be a tougher ask. This one (with the year delay) was really looking like a potential peak, but the former stars dropped off more than expected (Bale's still not quite 32) and their replacements have fallen short of development expectations. Wilson, Brooks, Ampadu, Tyler Roberts all look Championship level when a few years ago they supposedly had the world at their feet.

We were lucky to qualify, lucky to progress, and got beaten by a far better manager more than anything today. The next tournament is going to be tougher, and likely the one after that as well. But give it 5 years and a lot can change. The infrastructure and pathways are there and players can emerge seemingly out of nowhere pretty quickly.

Jasper knows …

Beware of the Risen People

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:53 - Jun 26 with 2464 views34dfgdf54

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 19:38 - Jun 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I hope Cymru does not paper over the cracks with self congratulation and actually analyse where being outclassed today leaves us. Talented boys like Brooks, Wilson, Neco were extremely sloppy from the moment they came on. Leavng Hal Robson Kanu out was a mistake.

The Danes with unknown players pass the ball with accuracy and got better and better. Wales passing got worse and worse. Joey had a shocker. Frank is a product of the Danish FA and Brentford took over the mantle of Swansea.

Levitt needs to be the first name on the teamsheet. Colwill and Co must come into a team committed to not giving the ball away. Things were on course with Speed. With no Bale Allen and Ramsey livng of Scraps will see us return to 100+ rankings. Wales have some good players coming through but they must come inot a team playing possession football where the team is worth more than the sum of its parts.

Agree but wouldn’t say the Danes have unknown players, pretty much all are playing in top tier leagues all over Europe.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:54 - Jun 26 with 2454 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:53 - Jun 26 by 34dfgdf54

Agree but wouldn’t say the Danes have unknown players, pretty much all are playing in top tier leagues all over Europe.

And that means they all have to come together for the common good

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:17 - Jun 26 with 2401 viewsmax936

Negativity on this forum is astounding and pathetic towards Wales Swans and its the usual suspects, Im amazed on how you all get through day to day life.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:28 - Jun 26 with 2389 viewspencoedjack

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:17 - Jun 26 by max936

Negativity on this forum is astounding and pathetic towards Wales Swans and its the usual suspects, Im amazed on how you all get through day to day life.

I’m surprised anyone responds to him.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 00:47 - Jun 27 with 2305 viewsDr_Parnassus

I agree, I think welsh football will go through a bit of a lull now, that’s both International and club football.

Neither us or Cardiff are going to be in a position to challenge realistically for promotion for a fair few years. Cardiff have started their fire sale selling Glatzel for 450k after buying him for £5m and are in the bargain basement for signings.

In terms of the International set up, Bale and Ramsey are now on their last legs that after Ashley Williams retiring meaning the most important player in defence, midfield and attack will not be in that side.

While they had promise, Ampadu, James, Brooks tend to flatter to deceive. They are decent accompanying players but as the marquee stars of the side that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and drag us through games... I’m not so sure. Bale and Ramsey have done that for the last decade.

I don’t think this group has underachieved though. It’s been a great ride. Back to back European Championship qualifications, a Semi final and a last 16 place.

No home nation has got as far as we did without having the advantage of a home tournament or vastly reduced team numbers. That’s a legacy that will continue for a long time.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 10:41 - Jun 27 with 2182 viewsguthrieintherain

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:28 - Jun 26 by pencoedjack

I’m surprised anyone responds to him.

Ignore button is the way forward makes the board far more enjoyable.

Only 3 for me but recommend it.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 10:49 - Jun 27 with 2175 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:15 - Jun 26 by Badlands

Bales move to Madrid has effectively ended his career. He’s lost pace and desire. He tried hard at times yesterday but unfortunately not enough.

Ramsey looked like another version of Hourihane yesterday. He may as well have not been on the pitch. A so called world class player who hides when the going gets tough. Needs to be binned.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 10:55 - Jun 27 with 2166 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:17 - Jun 26 by max936

The question of dwight is simply who is he.
Kenny Builth has been asked to reveal but when cornered refuses to divulge even though he broached the subject initially.

Try responding to dwight's text. He aint far wrong and poses awkward questions which invariably leads to abuse and the drivel from Fireman about "feeding the troll".

Feed him,make his day,answer him.

Don't run away from the truth

And just who is going to say welsh football looks rosy.

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:03 - Jun 27 with 2152 viewsBillyChong

The next decade certainly needs someone more reliable than Giggs in charge
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:10 - Jun 27 with 2138 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:03 - Jun 27 by BillyChong

The next decade certainly needs someone more reliable than Giggs in charge

Giggs is toast .Surely

Even if found not guilty I d say damage is done.
We need someone who can inspire

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 2138 viewsCatullus

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 20:19 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

lol

Well,who ,pray tell me,are their replacements.

I think Bale has been part of the problem, we constantly look to give himthe ball, even when there are players in better positions, then we've expected him to carry us. It has rarely worked. He has had moments, like the one where he ran the ball from the corner flag and fed Connor to score but apart from a few small flashes he's been poor. Ramsey, before him and Bale conspired to score a fantastic goal, he missed two very good chances. Our pundits all rave on about Bale and Ramsey like they're the only two out there. We need a proper team not a two man band with a supporting choir. We need them to play for each other and make beter choices in game.
Turning down a good, wasy pass to look for Bale and Ramsey has cost us, has gotten us into trouble at times, we could be better.
Saying all that, what do people expect? We are a small country with limited resources,even Denmark are nearly twice our size, population wise. In fact, population wise weren't we the 2nd smallest country in the Euro's? As such we did very well. Only North Macedonia are smaller and what did they do?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:16 - Jun 27 with 2131 viewsonehunglow

Bang on. Quite how the other players must feel I don’t know.possibly like extras in a Biblical epic.

Bale ,as I said, many months ago is shot to pieces. The easy life,the 15 minute cameos for 500 k per week have caught up with him.
Ramsey has flopped in Juventus as many before him have. He s been found out.

Welsh media is cardiffcentric and this is not English media doing.

Finally ,Mark Hughes . Just how could any of his players be inspired by him.

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:26 - Jun 27 with 2129 viewsDr_Parnassus

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:16 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Bang on. Quite how the other players must feel I don’t know.possibly like extras in a Biblical epic.

Bale ,as I said, many months ago is shot to pieces. The easy life,the 15 minute cameos for 500 k per week have caught up with him.
Ramsey has flopped in Juventus as many before him have. He s been found out.

Welsh media is cardiffcentric and this is not English media doing.

Finally ,Mark Hughes . Just how could any of his players be inspired by him.

11 goals in 20 Premier League appearances (923 minutes) for Spurs is very good.

That's a goal every 83 mins (pretty sure that was the best record in the whole league).

Kane scored 1 every 134 mins for reference, Son was 1 every 183 mins.

Bale is far from done if he doesn't want to be, clubs just need to adapt his role slightly and be more like a Berbatov.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 11:32]

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 12:41 - Jun 27 with 2089 viewsCatullus

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:26 - Jun 27 by Dr_Parnassus

11 goals in 20 Premier League appearances (923 minutes) for Spurs is very good.

That's a goal every 83 mins (pretty sure that was the best record in the whole league).

Kane scored 1 every 134 mins for reference, Son was 1 every 183 mins.

Bale is far from done if he doesn't want to be, clubs just need to adapt his role slightly and be more like a Berbatov.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 11:32]

Playing for Tottenham is a vastly different thing to playing for Wales. To start with there are much better players all over the field, Davies plays better for Spurs. Then take the oppo into account, Tottenham are top oppo, Wales would be more like playing for Swansea. Don't forget Balw struggled when he first arrived though that may have been down to the manager.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 12:53 - Jun 27 with 2080 viewsDr_Parnassus

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 12:41 - Jun 27 by Catullus

Playing for Tottenham is a vastly different thing to playing for Wales. To start with there are much better players all over the field, Davies plays better for Spurs. Then take the oppo into account, Tottenham are top oppo, Wales would be more like playing for Swansea. Don't forget Balw struggled when he first arrived though that may have been down to the manager.

Well yes, of course, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that he scored 11 in 20 appearances for Spurs. Ronaldo scores more at club level than International level as does Messi, largely for the same reasons that there are better players around them at club level.

But that doesn’t detract from their club ability.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024