Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 13:45 - Jul 1 with 1556 viewsBadlands

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 14:57 - Jul 1 with 1526 views34dfgdf54

Benda, don't see the point in loaning Woodman when we have our own lads to break into first team.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 15:46 - Jul 1 with 1483 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Woodman admiration is bemusing. He had an average first season and a disastrous second season. The clean sheet figure does not accurately represent the standard of his performances for us in the prior 10 months.

He has been at fault for countless goals, cost us a significant number of points whilst stalling the development of our own signed young goalkeepers. In addition, he spat in the face of our club when he signed a new deal with Newcastle knowing it would hugely increase the money we would need to spend to acquire him permanently. What wa$ hi$ motivation for that I wonder?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 17:15 - Jul 1 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 15:46 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The Woodman admiration is bemusing. He had an average first season and a disastrous second season. The clean sheet figure does not accurately represent the standard of his performances for us in the prior 10 months.

He has been at fault for countless goals, cost us a significant number of points whilst stalling the development of our own signed young goalkeepers. In addition, he spat in the face of our club when he signed a new deal with Newcastle knowing it would hugely increase the money we would need to spend to acquire him permanently. What wa$ hi$ motivation for that I wonder?

33 😩
Incredible .

And Hamer the emergency man seems to have a cushy job .

All in all, pitiful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 17:27 - Jul 1 with 1411 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 15:46 - Jul 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Probably securing his own and his family’s future. Pretty much the same as any player signing a new contract.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:38 - Jul 1 with 1375 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 17:27 - Jul 1 by jack247

Probably securing his own and his family’s future. Pretty much the same as any player signing a new contract.

which is fine so long as they don't trot that club loving crap.

Frankly,Im not 'rsed about his family and wish he'd get a proper job like you and other folk instead of purporting to be a goalkeeper.

We aint a charity

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:46 - Jul 1 with 1372 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:38 - Jul 1 by onehunglow

which is fine so long as they don't trot that club loving crap.

Frankly,Im not 'rsed about his family and wish he'd get a proper job like you and other folk instead of purporting to be a goalkeeper.

We aint a charity

Well no we’re not but neither is he. His affection for the club and the area seems genuine enough, but like almost all pros at the stage of their career he is, I’d expect him to do what makes sense financially.

I think he’s a better keeper than many on here, but I can completely understand criticism of his goalkeeping. Criticism of him signing a longer term contract with Newcastle is just silly.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:59 - Jul 1 with 1354 viewsCatullus

I won't criticise Woodman for doing what's right for himfinancially, we'd all do the same. I just don't see the point in paying out to loan a keeper who doesn't really improve us, has cost us goals and so points when we have our own goalies who deserve their chance.

I asked last season what some players must be thinking when Hourihane was getting picked and they weren't, I'll ask the same about Benda? Is he good enough? How do we know?

Don't loan Woodman, don't send Benda out, start the season with Benda in goals. Tell him he's good enough, give him his chance.

On the other hand if they really don't think Benda is good enough, sell him and fins keeper who is good enough. I've had enough of seeing so many loan players, of improving players for other clubs. I just hope we give Piroe and Joseph their chance and don't ignore them for loan players. If Cooper is so good at developing players (and h's staying) then develop our own players please.
If we must loan players in then make it experienced players with asomething definite to offer, hopefully not another Hourihane though!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 19:01 - Jul 1 with 1350 views34dfgdf54

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:59 - Jul 1 by Catullus

I won't criticise Woodman for doing what's right for himfinancially, we'd all do the same. I just don't see the point in paying out to loan a keeper who doesn't really improve us, has cost us goals and so points when we have our own goalies who deserve their chance.

I asked last season what some players must be thinking when Hourihane was getting picked and they weren't, I'll ask the same about Benda? Is he good enough? How do we know?

Don't loan Woodman, don't send Benda out, start the season with Benda in goals. Tell him he's good enough, give him his chance.

On the other hand if they really don't think Benda is good enough, sell him and fins keeper who is good enough. I've had enough of seeing so many loan players, of improving players for other clubs. I just hope we give Piroe and Joseph their chance and don't ignore them for loan players. If Cooper is so good at developing players (and h's staying) then develop our own players please.
If we must loan players in then make it experienced players with asomething definite to offer, hopefully not another Hourihane though!

Yeah pretty much agree word for word
Login to get fewer ads

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 20:04 - Jul 1 with 1312 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 18:46 - Jul 1 by jack247

Well no we’re not but neither is he. His affection for the club and the area seems genuine enough, but like almost all pros at the stage of their career he is, I’d expect him to do what makes sense financially.

I think he’s a better keeper than many on here, but I can completely understand criticism of his goalkeeping. Criticism of him signing a longer term contract with Newcastle is just silly.

Few players have genuine affection for a club. It is mainly an employer,No more no less.

Exceptions in no particular order.

Dickinson
Paine
Lampard
Lofthouse
Gerrard
Terry.
Britton
Curtis

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 1269 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 20:04 - Jul 1 by onehunglow

Few players have genuine affection for a club. It is mainly an employer,No more no less.

Exceptions in no particular order.

Dickinson
Paine
Lampard
Lofthouse
Gerrard
Terry.
Britton
Curtis

Let me rephrase then.

He does genuinely seem to love playing for the club and enjoy living in the city. He projects more positive vibes than most loanees.

Would he be keen on another loan or a permanent move if Newcastle told him he’d be first choice next season? Of course he wouldn’t.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 08:37 - Jul 2 with 1169 viewsjack247

Not fact at all.

He may well have done that, doesn’t mean he doesn’t like the city or the club.

I don’t think he’ll be coming back anyway.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 08:40 - Jul 2 with 1165 viewsraynor94

You should be careful what you post, no need for that at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:04 - Jul 2 with 1147 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 22:06 - Jul 1 by jack247

Let me rephrase then.

He does genuinely seem to love playing for the club and enjoy living in the city. He projects more positive vibes than most loanees.

Would he be keen on another loan or a permanent move if Newcastle told him he’d be first choice next season? Of course he wouldn’t.

You ask a question and then answer it yourself.

What Woody would think you aint privy too,or are you.?

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:07 - Jul 2 with 1141 viewsDr_Winston

It is quite amusing to see players accused of not caring about the area and only being concerned about money by someone who, uh, left the area for more money.

Plenty of players have played for the Swans, enjoyed their time here and then gone elsewhere to pursue their careers. They're not mutually exclusive. Some even came back to stay down here in the long term.

As for Woodman, if Cooper is still here when the window shuts then we'll probably have wasted another loan on him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:08 - Jul 2 with 1145 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:04 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

You ask a question and then answer it yourself.

What Woody would think you aint privy too,or are you.?

It was a rhetorical question. I shouldn’t have to explain that to you. Read it again
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:19 - Jul 2 with 1133 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:08 - Jul 2 by jack247

It was a rhetorical question. I shouldn’t have to explain that to you. Read it again

I have.
I think I'll bring in the Bin.

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:39 - Jul 2 with 1126 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:07 - Jul 2 by Dr_Winston

It is quite amusing to see players accused of not caring about the area and only being concerned about money by someone who, uh, left the area for more money.

Plenty of players have played for the Swans, enjoyed their time here and then gone elsewhere to pursue their careers. They're not mutually exclusive. Some even came back to stay down here in the long term.

As for Woodman, if Cooper is still here when the window shuts then we'll probably have wasted another loan on him.

He’s confused genuine affection for the club and area with being Matt LeTissier.

Irony is, Woodman seems to like it down here more than he does.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:47 - Jul 2 with 1115 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:39 - Jul 2 by jack247

He’s confused genuine affection for the club and area with being Matt LeTissier.

I brought the bin in.
What' s next?

What if a player certifies he loves

Swansea City FC,the City,the people,the Pier,Tesco , the old Mumbles Railway and every man Jack within the County and he is crap? Do we keep?

I

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:48 - Jul 2 with 1114 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:39 - Jul 2 by jack247

I brought the bin in.
What' s next?

Swansea City FC,the City,the people,the Pier,Tesco , the old Mumbles Railway and every man Jack within the County and he is crap? Do we keep?

I would have a quality goalkeeper even if he detested cockles laverbread and the Alma

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 10:14 - Jul 2 with 1100 viewsjack247

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:48 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

I brought the bin in.
What' s next?

I would have a quality goalkeeper even if he detested cockles laverbread and the Alma

You’ve got this weird habit of reading things that aren’t there.

I said he’s got a genuine affection for the club and the city but I’d expect him to do what’s best for himself financially.

I didn’t say, nor imply, we should sign him because he likes the place.
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 10:22 - Jul 2 with 1091 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 10:14 - Jul 2 by jack247

You’ve got this weird habit of reading things that aren’t there.

I said he’s got a genuine affection for the club and the city but I’d expect him to do what’s best for himself financially.

I didn’t say, nor imply, we should sign him because he likes the place.

And irony ,my friend,is an equally weird interposed.
Weird. What a word eh.

Enjoy the day

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 08:41 - Jul 3 with 944 viewsangryjack

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 08:40 - Jul 2 by raynor94

You should be careful what you post, no need for that at all

Why?...it is fact...
Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 09:38 - Jul 3 with 910 viewsonehunglow

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 08:41 - Jul 3 by angryjack

Why?...it is fact...

I knew there was a reason Woody was loved

Goalkeeper 2021/22 thoughts on number 1 on 13:24 - Jul 3 with 829 viewsKeithHaynes

Thread closed due to libellous content which has been removed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024