Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29789 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 18:18 - Aug 27 with 1396 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 17:41 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

I know.
I feel very sad to see our once proud and prosperous area on its uppers.

Who is to blame, and more importantly who can fix it ?

Certainly Westminster is to blame.
Took trillions in welsh coal revenue , for one, and put very little back.
Try that trick in the oil rich Arab lands ,,,,
As long as London booms, they really could not care less.

So the Little Englanders point at the EU.
Its them, its them. Its fecking not.

Wales can keep on begging, and being ignored …. Or we make our own decisions and go our own way. Politically Labour wales is already very distinct from Tory England.

So thats the bottom line choice - an ever declining wales-shire under the uncaring English yoke, or a small modern democracy in Europe making our own decisions for whats best for Wales and the people of wales.

Scotland will show us the way soon. 🙏🏿

Hope not hate.

Wrong again the Welsh coal industry was never worth trillions. In 1913 54 million tons were mined in wales with the price being as little as £1 per ton. Most of the cost went on miners wages. Of course all mines were under private ownership so the UK government did not receive the revenue it was the private mine owners.
I do wish you would produce facts rather feeble exaggerations from you warped mine.

Welsh people realise they are better off in the UK sharing tax revenues generated.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 20:00 - Aug 27 with 1371 viewsDr_Winston

"trillions in welsh coal revenue"

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexit is working on 08:46 - Aug 28 with 1312 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 20:00 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

"trillions in welsh coal revenue"

Not sure why the exploitation of working class people is funny ?

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is working on 10:15 - Aug 28 with 1303 viewsDr_Winston

Ahh yes. The same "YesCymru" geniuses who fell for RAF Luton's new Royal Yacht pisstake.

Kinda sums up the thought level really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexit is working on 12:58 - Aug 28 with 1270 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 10:15 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Ahh yes. The same "YesCymru" geniuses who fell for RAF Luton's new Royal Yacht pisstake.

👛

Brexit is working on 14:42 - Aug 28 with 1255 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 10:15 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

As it says in most mathematic exams please show your workings

Best ever year for production of coal Iin Wales 1913 54,000,000 tons
Current price per ton £50

54,000,000 ÷ 50 = £2700 million in best ever year .

4,000,000,000,000 ÷ 2,700,000,000 = 14,814 years of peak production at todays prices to give 4 trillion pounds.

As production was only for a hundred years and on average only a quarter of peak production that means the YesCymru figure is exaggerated by at least 500 times. There will always be a few stupid enough to believe them of course.

Brexit is working on 09:23 - Aug 29 with 1214 viewsGwyn737

This seems like it could be quite a big change in tone:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9936697/amp/MAIL-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Lets-un
Brexit is working on 15:16 - Aug 29 with 1167 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 09:23 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9936697/amp/MAIL-SUNDAY-COMMENT-Lets-un

Bunch of shitehouses … 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 1159 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:23 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

If lorries cannot get through will UK companies stop buying from EU members and look to ship food in from elsehwere?

Surely nobody gains if this isn't sorted out. Though maybe with less junk food on the shelves people will be better off? Maybe more people will be growing their own again. Already this year we have had our own potatoes and tomatoes, next door grew some cucumbers and peppers and we shared. Will allotments be popular again?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is working on 16:01 - Aug 29 with 1152 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 15:50 - Aug 29 by Catullus

If lorries cannot get through will UK companies stop buying from EU members and look to ship food in from elsehwere?

Surely nobody gains if this isn't sorted out. Though maybe with less junk food on the shelves people will be better off? Maybe more people will be growing their own again. Already this year we have had our own potatoes and tomatoes, next door grew some cucumbers and peppers and we shared. Will allotments be popular again?

How will you manage outside the Uk growing season
Brexit is working on 16:12 - Aug 29 with 1150 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 15:50 - Aug 29 by Catullus

I don’t think this issue is the lorries - it’s the paperwork generated for being a non-member.

One of the plus points of being part of the EU was that agreed standards reduce the need for paperwork.

Do you know, if we could have stayed in the common market (and yes, I’d have accepted the associated migration) I’d have been tempted to vote leave.
Brexit is working on 16:40 - Aug 29 with 1145 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 16:12 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

I don’t think this issue is the lorries - it’s the paperwork generated for being a non-member.

One of the plus points of being part of the EU was that agreed standards reduce the need for paperwork.

Do you know, if we could have stayed in the common market (and yes, I’d have accepted the associated migration) I’d have been tempted to vote leave.

We could have left the EU but maintained their standards which would have addressed some of mentioned in the article. That said, we haven’t and we have to go with what we’ve got.
A big concern for me is the current unequal playing field that exists, because the systems aren’t ready we are allowing imports in with minimal checks, however the EU are carrying out the mandated checks on our exports to them as per the withdrawal agreement and its a lot harder for our businesses.
Brexit is working on 16:46 - Aug 29 with 1143 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 16:40 - Aug 29 by majorraglan

We could have left the EU but maintained their standards which would have addressed some of mentioned in the article. That said, we haven’t and we have to go with what we’ve got.
A big concern for me is the current unequal playing field that exists, because the systems aren’t ready we are allowing imports in with minimal checks, however the EU are carrying out the mandated checks on our exports to them as per the withdrawal agreement and its a lot harder for our businesses.

I believe ours are on the way.

More delays…
Brexit is working on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 1130 viewspikeypaul

Cliff edge? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No wonder the Remoaners have gone into hiding now project fear had been proven to be total BS and their wild guesses and forecasts have also been shown to be BS.

And to answer the thread headline, yes it has worked giving me one massive smile every morning,knowing the idiot remoaner losers have been shown to be completely wrong with their PF scare mongering, which the majority of us seen through and got Brexit and democracy done😎😎😎😎😎

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 17:18]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit is working on 20:32 - Aug 29 with 1091 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 16:12 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

This is about imports though. Our food imports are being held up. They don't need the same checks as exports to the EU so why the hold ups?

There again, why is this still being done the old fashioned way, why aren't we using digital equivalents? It'd be cheaper and quicker.

Some of this is about the lorries, about not having enough drivers.

The thing about the agreed standards was, if we had kept those in place we couldn't have negotiated our own trade deals unless the other country agreed to match EU rules. If, one day, every country in the world agrees to the same standards this will all go away. I won't hold my breath.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is working on 20:44 - Aug 29 with 1089 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 20:32 - Aug 29 by Catullus

This is about imports though. Our food imports are being held up. They don't need the same checks as exports to the EU so why the hold ups?

There again, why is this still being done the old fashioned way, why aren't we using digital equivalents? It'd be cheaper and quicker.

Some of this is about the lorries, about not having enough drivers.

The thing about the agreed standards was, if we had kept those in place we couldn't have negotiated our own trade deals unless the other country agreed to match EU rules. If, one day, every country in the world agrees to the same standards this will all go away. I won't hold my breath.

But it was always going to be a problem while EU standards are generally higher than some of out main trading partners.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.
Brexit is working on 22:21 - Aug 29 with 1072 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 20:44 - Aug 29 by Gwyn737

But it was always going to be a problem while EU standards are generally higher than some of out main trading partners.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Eu standards are not that high. They still allow live exports of animals, still allow factory farming of pork. Still allow washing vegetables and salad in chlorinated water. Their standards tend to be driven by the lower standard of their 27 countries.

Brexit is working on 22:31 - Aug 29 with 1061 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 22:21 - Aug 29 by felixstowe_jack

Eu standards are not that high. They still allow live exports of animals, still allow factory farming of pork. Still allow washing vegetables and salad in chlorinated water. Their standards tend to be driven by the lower standard of their 27 countries.

I suppose I’m mainly looking at the US.

Even just the food colourings and preservatives used there worry the hell out of me.
Brexit is working on 22:51 - Aug 29 with 1052 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 17:13 - Aug 29 by pikeypaul

Cliff edge? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No wonder the Remoaners have gone into hiding now project fear had been proven to be total BS and their wild guesses and forecasts have also been shown to be BS.

And to answer the thread headline, yes it has worked giving me one massive smile every morning,knowing the idiot remoaner losers have been shown to be completely wrong with their PF scare mongering, which the majority of us seen through and got Brexit and democracy done😎😎😎😎😎

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 17:18]

Brexit is a total failure.
Donkeys led by donkeys.

The UK will rejoin within 5 years, on much worse terms.

Brexit is working on 23:06 - Aug 29 with 1048 viewsDr_Winston

Brexit is working on 22:51 - Aug 29 by Kilkennyjack

Brexit is a total failure.
Donkeys led by donkeys.

The UK will rejoin within 5 years, on much worse terms.

You seem awfully fond of just copying and pasting tweets.

Do you have any thoughts of your own?

Brexit is working on 10:14 - Aug 30 with 1003 viewsCatullus

I can't find much that says food shortages are purely down to brexit. Most of what I see says it's about staff shortages, mainly drivers. It's been on the news quite a bit, there is food in the UK distribution hubs but they can't get it out to the shops.

There is a food shortage caused by covid across many countries,

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/covid-19-crisis-has-lead-food-crisis-says-i

What is interesting in there is what is says about growing crops,
'According to the latest U.N. data, the world's food system, which involves cutting down forests to plant crops, is responsible for a third of global greenhouse gas emissions, making it a leading cause of climate change'

Now does that mean that more people going vegan are actually bad for the planet? I suppose we could stop the felling of forestry if we ALL went vegan but then we'd need to kill off all the farm animals so the land could be used for crops. Not an ideal solution if veganism is about being kinder to animals.

Brexit is working on 17:27 - Aug 30 with 975 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 23:06 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

You seem awfully fond of just copying and pasting tweets.

Do you have any thoughts of your own?

Not heard of anyone starving in the UK. Seems to be more than enough food to go around and plenty of choice. Not worried if MacD do not have milkshakes or nandos do not have processed chicken.

Brexit is working on 22:26 - Aug 30 with 936 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 17:27 - Aug 30 by felixstowe_jack

Not heard of anyone starving in the UK. Seems to be more than enough food to go around and plenty of choice. Not worried if MacD do not have milkshakes or nandos do not have processed chicken.

I don't doubt some things are in short supply in some places but we haven't had any trouble buying what we want, no one in this country is going to starve because of this.

Brexit is working on 08:43 - Aug 31 with 885 viewsBoundy

Brexit is working on 16:01 - Aug 29 by controversial_jack

How will you manage outside the Uk growing season

Maybe poly tunnels and heaters , only a suggestion mind

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brexit is working on 10:24 - Aug 31 with 860 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 10:14 - Aug 30 by Catullus

I can't find much that says food shortages are purely down to brexit. Most of what I see says it's about staff shortages, mainly drivers. It's been on the news quite a bit, there is food in the UK distribution hubs but they can't get it out to the shops.

There is a food shortage caused by covid across many countries,

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/covid-19-crisis-has-lead-food-crisis-says-i

What is interesting in there is what is says about growing crops,
'According to the latest U.N. data, the world's food system, which involves cutting down forests to plant crops, is responsible for a third of global greenhouse gas emissions, making it a leading cause of climate change'

Now does that mean that more people going vegan are actually bad for the planet? I suppose we could stop the felling of forestry if we ALL went vegan but then we'd need to kill off all the farm animals so the land could be used for crops. Not an ideal solution if veganism is about being kinder to animals.

The UK is some 100,000 thousand short of HGV drivers. Approximately 25,000 EU HGV drivers left the UK after Brexit. The Road Transport lobby have tried to get HGV drivers special status so they can recruit from the EU, but the government won’t oblige which I totally understand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024