Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29768 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 15:06 - Aug 31 with 1140 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 06:15 - Aug 27 by felixstowe_jack

Silliest post of the year award to blame EVERYTHING on brexit in the biggest pandemic the world has seen since Spanish flu in 1919.

The economies of just about every country have been disrupted. Global shortage in everything from computer chips to building supplies and lack of capacity in contantainer shipping as compansion switch to more profitably products needed for the pandemic, PPE, ventilators, vaccines, virus testing kits.

You're just proving the point I make about brexit being a game to some. People like you want to stick your head in the sand and because you're not personally affected by what has been lost you don't really care. Others have literally had their lives changed by brexit...their opportunities to live and work in Europe and do what they did before torn away from them by others, their businesses harmed etc. Millions are affected and are angry about it yet for others it's just 'believe in Britain BS'. A Polish or Bulgarian passport is now far stronger than a British one and a German one is on another level. If we want to talk about wider damage then we're the only country in Europe who is literally having to ration blood testing equipment and can't supply fast food. We still haven't sorted all the mess at the Irish border. That is set to get worse again later this year as more checks have to happen. One big f*cking 'same benefit' con and as I say I would have the perpetrators (Farage, Johnson, Gove) chucked behind bars if it were up to me.
Brexit is working on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 1135 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 10:14 - Aug 30 by Catullus

I can't find much that says food shortages are purely down to brexit. Most of what I see says it's about staff shortages, mainly drivers. It's been on the news quite a bit, there is food in the UK distribution hubs but they can't get it out to the shops.

There is a food shortage caused by covid across many countries,

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/covid-19-crisis-has-lead-food-crisis-says-i

What is interesting in there is what is says about growing crops,
'According to the latest U.N. data, the world's food system, which involves cutting down forests to plant crops, is responsible for a third of global greenhouse gas emissions, making it a leading cause of climate change'

Now does that mean that more people going vegan are actually bad for the planet? I suppose we could stop the felling of forestry if we ALL went vegan but then we'd need to kill off all the farm animals so the land could be used for crops. Not an ideal solution if veganism is about being kinder to animals.

Head in the sand stuff.
Brexit is working on 23:22 - Aug 31 with 1075 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 15:06 - Aug 31 by deanscfc

You're just proving the point I make about brexit being a game to some. People like you want to stick your head in the sand and because you're not personally affected by what has been lost you don't really care. Others have literally had their lives changed by brexit...their opportunities to live and work in Europe and do what they did before torn away from them by others, their businesses harmed etc. Millions are affected and are angry about it yet for others it's just 'believe in Britain BS'. A Polish or Bulgarian passport is now far stronger than a British one and a German one is on another level. If we want to talk about wider damage then we're the only country in Europe who is literally having to ration blood testing equipment and can't supply fast food. We still haven't sorted all the mess at the Irish border. That is set to get worse again later this year as more checks have to happen. One big f*cking 'same benefit' con and as I say I would have the perpetrators (Farage, Johnson, Gove) chucked behind bars if it were up to me.

Excellent post in every respect. Spot on.

I also agree with the reintroduction of internment without trial for Farage, Johnson, Gove and Mogg.
Guilty as charged.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is working on 07:37 - Sep 1 with 1049 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 23:22 - Aug 31 by Kilkennyjack

Excellent post in every respect. Spot on.

I also agree with the reintroduction of internment without trial for Farage, Johnson, Gove and Mogg.
Guilty as charged.

That is of course why 5.6 million EU citizens have applied for settled status to remain in the UK. They prefer a democratic dynamic UK to the undemocratic, beauracratic slow EU.
Just one example for you the vaccine rollout which started in the UK and the EU at the same time

Doses per 100 of population

UK 136
EU 117

The EU is still 15% behind the UK despite the fact the UK had offered the vaccine to all its adults by mid July and is now just doing 2nd doses among adults.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 08:38 - Sep 1 with 1033 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 07:37 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

That is of course why 5.6 million EU citizens have applied for settled status to remain in the UK. They prefer a democratic dynamic UK to the undemocratic, beauracratic slow EU.
Just one example for you the vaccine rollout which started in the UK and the EU at the same time

UK 136
EU 117

The EU is still 15% behind the UK despite the fact the UK had offered the vaccine to all its adults by mid July and is now just doing 2nd doses among adults.

Whilst 5.6m EU citizens have applied for status here, over 1.3m people born in the i know have moved to, and reside in the EU. As a proportion of the populations, there are more British born people living in the EU (mostly Spain) than there are EU citizens living in the UK.

Germany has administered 11,000,000 more vaccines than the UK, verbally they’ve done less on account of the old Eastern Bloc country’s being much slower with the roll out.

We’ve chosen our path and we need to make it work. We are no longer a superpower, our relationship with the US isn’t what it was. The EU and the UK are both miles away from being perfect but both are considerably better places to live than country's like Belarus, Russia, Afghanistan to new but a few.

As a leave voter I can see Brexit is far from perfect, but we’ve made our choice and the have to make it work for the sake of our kids. We must objectively look at the positives and negatives if we are improve things.
Brexit is working on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 1018 viewsdeanscfc

UK 136
EU 117

Stupid comparison.

1) we already know aby EU country had power to go it alone on vaccines if they chose to.

2) If you have 30 countries/huge population then the stats are never going to be as high. It's also why the most vaccinated countries tend to be smaller.

3) I notice that leavers turned a blind eye when Spain and and other EU countries overtook us on vaccinations around a month or so ago. The idea of vaccine nationalism being a brexit benefit was all they had to hold onto.
Brexit is working on 11:19 - Sep 1 with 1012 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 08:38 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

Whilst 5.6m EU citizens have applied for status here, over 1.3m people born in the i know have moved to, and reside in the EU. As a proportion of the populations, there are more British born people living in the EU (mostly Spain) than there are EU citizens living in the UK.

Germany has administered 11,000,000 more vaccines than the UK, verbally they’ve done less on account of the old Eastern Bloc country’s being much slower with the roll out.

We’ve chosen our path and we need to make it work. We are no longer a superpower, our relationship with the US isn’t what it was. The EU and the UK are both miles away from being perfect but both are considerably better places to live than country's like Belarus, Russia, Afghanistan to new but a few.

As a leave voter I can see Brexit is far from perfect, but we’ve made our choice and the have to make it work for the sake of our kids. We must objectively look at the positives and negatives if we are improve things.

It's not gonna happen anytime soon (as we have the most corrupt government in the western world) and because we just don't do things right anymore, but the only way to reverse some of the damage of brexit and make things better is to rejoin the single market (either like Norway or like Switzerland), bringing back reciprocal FOM rights and shared standards.

The only other option is to very quickly try and negotiate bilateral agreements with all neighbouring countries to include reciprocal rights. But that would only be sticking a bandage on the problem and still the government wouldn't want to do it. UK is f*cked and will probably break up as a union by the 2030s. No way Scotland will stay if given the choice and I wouldn't blame them anymore.
Brexit is working on 12:21 - Sep 1 with 995 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 11:19 - Sep 1 by deanscfc

It's not gonna happen anytime soon (as we have the most corrupt government in the western world) and because we just don't do things right anymore, but the only way to reverse some of the damage of brexit and make things better is to rejoin the single market (either like Norway or like Switzerland), bringing back reciprocal FOM rights and shared standards.

The only other option is to very quickly try and negotiate bilateral agreements with all neighbouring countries to include reciprocal rights. But that would only be sticking a bandage on the problem and still the government wouldn't want to do it. UK is f*cked and will probably break up as a union by the 2030s. No way Scotland will stay if given the choice and I wouldn't blame them anymore.

You really are deluded if the believe the UK has the most corrupt government in the western world. I suggest nearly every South America and Central America government is more corrupt.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 12:33 - Sep 1 with 990 viewsItchySphincter

UK 136
EU 117

I keep telling you that doses per 100 means nothing, all populations would need to have the same amount of people for it to be relevant,

Why do you keep making the same stupid point?

Put the population of the UK and the population of the EU up here and I’ll do the maths for you, then you can stop making yourself look silly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brexit is working on 13:12 - Sep 1 with 983 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 12:33 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

I keep telling you that doses per 100 means nothing, all populations would need to have the same amount of people for it to be relevant,

Put the population of the UK and the population of the EU up here and I’ll do the maths for you, then you can stop making yourself look silly.

With respect,are you giving felix stick as he is a Tory voter.
Let' be honest,it's hard to be objective when one hates a particular party as many in soith Wales hate Conservative Party or indeed anyone that votes that way.

I voted remain but am not a "remainer" as that implies I am labelled and nobody is going to do that to me and get away with it.

I am glad we left now.

Do I feel tupid at being proven "wrong". Don't me me laugh.

It's the country and our kids future that matters not whether or not we are seen as right on a fans forum.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brexit is working on 17:30 - Sep 1 with 948 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 08:38 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

Germany has administered 120 doses per 100 of population compared to UK 135.

I think you find most of the UK citizens who have applied to settle in the EU are retired people who chose to spend their retirement in warm countries like Spain Portugal and Cyprus.

While the EU citizens who have applied to settle in the UK have done so for work reasons, lower unemployment in the UK and higher wages than most of the 27 EU countries.

Brexit is working on 20:33 - Sep 1 with 917 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 17:30 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

I think you find most of the UK citizens who have applied to settle in the EU are retired people who chose to spend their retirement in warm countries like Spain Portugal and Cyprus.

While the EU citizens who have applied to settle in the UK have done so for work reasons, lower unemployment in the UK and higher wages than most of the 27 EU countries.

Same daft point again.

Brexit is working on 21:27 - Sep 1 with 898 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 17:30 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

It doesn’t matter why the Brits moved abroad, you said “ They prefer a democratic dynamic UK to the undemocratic, beauracratic slow EU” but when you actually crunch the numbers as a percentage The numbers show more Brits have moved to the EU than EU citizens coming here. The Brits may no longer be economically active, but their private, state pensions and other incomes are being spent abroad and “lost” to our economy.
Brexit is working on 07:12 - Sep 2 with 864 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 20:33 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Same daft point again.

Same daft reply again . If you don't have and sensible reply why bother.

Brexit is working on 07:20 - Sep 2 with 858 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 12:33 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Doses per 100 of the population is the WHO measure of vaccine rollout if you think the WHO is stupid that is your bigoted opinion.

Another fact for you only 4 EU countries have a higher vaccinnation rate than the UK, Malta, Portugal, Denmark and Spain while of course 23 EU countries have a lower vaccinnation rate then UK. On average in the EU it is 118 compared to the UK 135.

So much for solidarity and fairness of the supply of vaccines throughout the EU as was promised by EU leaders.

No doubt more EU countries will catch up the UK as all adults had been offered their first dose by mid July. 10% of adults chose to turn down the offer.

Brexit is working on 07:23 - Sep 2 with 856 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 13:12 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Let' be honest,it's hard to be objective when one hates a particular party as many in soith Wales hate Conservative Party or indeed anyone that votes that way.

I voted remain but am not a "remainer" as that implies I am labelled and nobody is going to do that to me and get away with it.

I am glad we left now.

It's the country and our kids future that matters not whether or not we are seen as right on a fans forum.

I have voted for Labour, Liberal, Liberal Democrats and Conservatives in my time. I tend to vote on policies and performance and since I moved from my native Wales I am no longer blind to any other party than Labour.

Brexit is working on 07:25 - Sep 2 with 855 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 20:33 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Same daft point again.

Same daft bigoted reply . Why do you dislike facts that disprove your arguments. Come up with facts that support your point of view .

Brexit is working on 07:29 - Sep 2 with 854 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 21:27 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

It doesn’t matter why the Brits moved abroad, you said “ They prefer a democratic dynamic UK to the undemocratic, beauracratic slow EU” but when you actually crunch the numbers as a percentage The numbers show more Brits have moved to the EU than EU citizens coming here. The Brits may no longer be economically active, but their private, state pensions and other incomes are being spent abroad and “lost” to our economy.

I think you will find once people become economically inactive they pay little tax and retired people tend to use heath care services more often .

Brexit is working on 09:23 - Sep 2 with 834 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 07:29 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

I think you will find once people become economically inactive they pay little tax and retired people tend to use heath care services more often .

They do pay less tax , but the money they get is being spent outside the UK and if they have the EHIC or GHIC cards healthcare costs are charged back to the UK.
Brexit is working on 10:18 - Sep 2 with 826 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 12:21 - Sep 1 by felixstowe_jack

You really are deluded if the believe the UK has the most corrupt government in the western world. I suggest nearly every South America and Central America government is more corrupt.

I don't consider Central or South America to be 'Western countries when I say that. Out government is very corrupt (of course, because they were elected based on the brexit con) and worse than the other western countries like the US, Canada, European ones, NZ, Oz. Some corruption in some of the Eastern European countries but of a different kind. Ours just flat out lie about major issues on a consistent basis and are happy to pocket £ from their lies.
Brexit is working on 10:28 - Sep 2 with 814 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 07:20 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Doses per 100 of the population is the WHO measure of vaccine rollout if you think the WHO is stupid that is your bigoted opinion.

Another fact for you only 4 EU countries have a higher vaccinnation rate than the UK, Malta, Portugal, Denmark and Spain while of course 23 EU countries have a lower vaccinnation rate then UK. On average in the EU it is 118 compared to the UK 135.

So much for solidarity and fairness of the supply of vaccines throughout the EU as was promised by EU leaders.

No doubt more EU countries will catch up the UK as all adults had been offered their first dose by mid July. 10% of adults chose to turn down the offer.

I can't believe you're still trying to hold onto covid vaccinations as some win for brexit. EU countries caught up perfectly well with lower case and death rates.

Also, if we want to be petty about it I am seeing 7 EU/EEA countries ahead of the UK on vaccines.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/

What the UK should be really worried about is that we are literally having to ration blood tests becausdle our supply chain is so screwed. European countries don't have that issue because they're not hit by Brexit induced shortages and supply chain issues.
Brexit is working on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 812 viewsdeanscfc

Brexit is working on 13:12 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

I am glad we left now.

I just can't think how anyone can consider Brexit to be positive either for the country or for kids future given what we now know. The UK is being torn apart by it and kids have lost a whole load of opportunities/rights and are being led by a government of conmen for whom honesty never really matters.
Brexit is working on 10:56 - Sep 2 with 802 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 07:12 - Sep 2 by felixstowe_jack

Same daft reply again . If you don't have and sensible reply why bother.

Put the populations up and I’ll do the maths for you but to keep it simple:

If Britain had 1M people and vaccinated 120/100 they would have given 1.2M doses.

If the EU had 2M people and vaccinated at 100/100 they would have give 2M doses.

So what’s better 1.2M or 2M? You’ve made they same point several times but the disingenuous way of presenting the numbers to support a case is the way that maths is presented to stupid people when you want to pull their pants down.

Brexit is working on 11:14 - Sep 2 with 792 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 10:31 - Sep 2 by deanscfc

I just can't think how anyone can consider Brexit to be positive either for the country or for kids future given what we now know. The UK is being torn apart by it and kids have lost a whole load of opportunities/rights and are being led by a government of conmen for whom honesty never really matters.

Well,it' s what I see right now.
Stock Market has recovered,sterling is solid and plenty of jobs around.

My on spent 5 years working in the Hague and voted to leave. Couldn't believe he did that but he seems pretty smart.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brexit is working on 11:49 - Sep 2 with 786 viewsRonaldStump

Brexit is working on 10:31 - Sep 2 by deanscfc

The very same government of conmen who want everybody to believe they have your best health interests at heart and not their shares in big Pharma

(He She Him)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024