Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29899 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 18:12 - Jul 5 with 1611 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 18:02 - Jul 5 by ItchySphincter

I'm not the one spinning anything. You say I'm negative because I ask a question when you start pontificating to make yourself feel better about the actual damage that's being done. Smoke and mirrors. The question is - do you think we would have got these jobs that you're celebrating as a triumph of Brexit had we been in the EU?

Nothing negative about that. Answer the simple question truthfully in your opinion. Whilst you're at it explain to me what you're telling your son to convince him that what you have done is better for his future.

I don't know what would have happened had we remained, no ne does including you.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better, I'm perfectly happy with my decision. I don't constantly go on about how good it is whereas you constantly moan about how bad it is.

You are negative because you say anything good that happens would have happened had we remained but there is no way anyone can know that. At the same time you are denying the good that happens could be because of brexit.

I don't need to convince my son of anything. I just try to teach him that a positive outlook, a willingness to work for a better future is better than being a sad, whinging person who cannot let it go. I constantly tell my son that his future will depend on how hard he works in school but that he won't get anywhere by constantly moaning and blaming other people.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is working on 18:22 - Jul 5 with 1610 viewsSlugster664

Brexit is working on 18:12 - Jul 5 by Catullus

I don't know what would have happened had we remained, no ne does including you.

I'm not trying to make myself feel better, I'm perfectly happy with my decision. I don't constantly go on about how good it is whereas you constantly moan about how bad it is.

You are negative because you say anything good that happens would have happened had we remained but there is no way anyone can know that. At the same time you are denying the good that happens could be because of brexit.

I don't need to convince my son of anything. I just try to teach him that a positive outlook, a willingness to work for a better future is better than being a sad, whinging person who cannot let it go. I constantly tell my son that his future will depend on how hard he works in school but that he won't get anywhere by constantly moaning and blaming other people.

Over on the other Swans site they're rather 'gloaty' at the thought that Brexit has already failed. It's rather embarrassing if I'm honest.

STID

Brexit is working on 18:28 - Jul 5 with 1597 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 18:22 - Jul 5 by Slugster664

Over on the other Swans site they're rather 'gloaty' at the thought that Brexit has already failed. It's rather embarrassing if I'm honest.

That is very sad if true. What can they measure failure by? Certainly not the pandemic which has blown economies apart across the world. The only people who have really succeeded are the online shops, people like Bezos, oh and the financiers who have been lending massive sums to countries that will take decades to pay back. There's quite a few happy to blame things on brexit when the pandemic has done most of the damage.

Anybody who is determined to fail is likely to just as anyone determined to succeed has a far better chance.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is working on 18:30 - Jul 5 with 1588 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 08:29 - Jul 5 by felixstowe_jack

More good news for our farmers. Did you see countryfile yesterday. It seems lamb prices have soared from £70 an animal, when we were in the EU, to £125 per animal.
Free market in action due to a surge in demand in South East Asia New Zealand and Australian farmers are diverting their lamb to take advantage of the high prices there.

This has led to an increase in demand for British lamb in the UK and a decent return for our farmers.

Was talking to a sheep farmer today funnily enough. The price is currently very high, something for which they are really pleased, but they expect the price to drop back in 3 weeks time when more animals are ready to be slaughtered. There is a negative side to the coin, the cost of feed and other necessities has gone through the roof. Their concern was what the drop in price would look like as the cost of feed etc looks like it won’t be coming down.
Brexit is working on 21:15 - Jul 5 with 1540 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 18:12 - Jul 5 by Catullus

If I had time or the inclination I could pick so many holes in this post but it’s obviously not worth it, but in short you’re not answering the question. I’ll remind you that I’m not the one starting these grandstanding threads so I’m only responding, not moaning, expect it. And to end, as someone who works regularly in Europe and globally, I can categorically state that you have bought no benefits or opportunities for your son, but yay! stock markets up, whoop!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brexit is working on 21:25 - Jul 5 with 1526 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 21:15 - Jul 5 by ItchySphincter

If I had time or the inclination I could pick so many holes in this post but it’s obviously not worth it, but in short you’re not answering the question. I’ll remind you that I’m not the one starting these grandstanding threads so I’m only responding, not moaning, expect it. And to end, as someone who works regularly in Europe and globally, I can categorically state that you have bought no benefits or opportunities for your son, but yay! stock markets up, whoop!

These forums are about exchanging opinions.Nobody has to answer anyone's questions.
What they have done is to feed egos and to mislead some into thinking they have an intellect that is greater than it really is.

This topic is Brexit. Some enjoying the fact that leaving,thus far, wasnt as disastrous as some,like me thought. This clearly gives them a warm feeling as they feel they are right which is of course what it is all about. Well,it isn't readers.It really is not.

The wealth and well being of the country and that the future of our children is paramount, not the puerile ,pathetic posing of those with warped egos.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brexit is working on 21:42 - Jul 5 with 1526 viewsAndyCole

Brexit is working on 21:25 - Jul 5 by onehunglow

These forums are about exchanging opinions.Nobody has to answer anyone's questions.
What they have done is to feed egos and to mislead some into thinking they have an intellect that is greater than it really is.

This topic is Brexit. Some enjoying the fact that leaving,thus far, wasnt as disastrous as some,like me thought. This clearly gives them a warm feeling as they feel they are right which is of course what it is all about. Well,it isn't readers.It really is not.

The wealth and well being of the country and that the future of our children is paramount, not the puerile ,pathetic posing of those with warped egos.

Well said, wise Grandmaster (now that's an apt username for you - aJackGrandMaster)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Brexit is working on 21:44 - Jul 5 with 1520 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 21:42 - Jul 5 by AndyCole

Well said, wise Grandmaster (now that's an apt username for you - aJackGrandMaster)

No,I am not your date for tomorrow .

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 23:18 - Jul 5 with 1498 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 18:20 - Jul 2 by felixstowe_jack

Sound good why import very expensive bottled water from the EU which often contain minerals that would not be acceptable in tap water.

Tap water is virtually free , if you must but bottled water buy British.

The EU were perfectly happy to buy British shellfish but since January they no longer think the are safe enough without saying why. Quid pro Quo. If the EU wants to apply it's bureaucratic rules they must surely expect the UK to apply the same standards.

Of course if the undemocratic EU wants to pragmatic so can the UK.

Agree with paragraphs 1 and 2.

Paragraph 3 is incorrect and misleading, the issues have been discussed on here before. The shellfish industry fared this would happen long before it did and aired their concerns with the government before the changes came in to being.

We are now outside the EU and our products are treated as those of a “third country.” Our coastal waters are too dirty to secure the Class A status required to export live molluscs to the EU (we are currently Class B) on account of the levels of ecoli etc in the molluscs / products. As members of the EU and the single market there were no barriers hence we could export freely around the EU, but as soon as we left we were subject to the same rules as all the other non EU countries, as we are Class B we can’t export live molluscs. It’s a rule applied to all third party countries, not just us.

The fishing industry has so far been a loser when it comes to Brexit, but that’s counteracted by things like Nissan. We will have to make choices going forward, some industries will be higher priority for the U.K. than others and the national interest will have to prevail, but it won5 be much consolation to those who lose out.
Brexit is working on 07:48 - Jul 6 with 1468 viewsDr_Winston

It's fairly pointless starting threads stating that Brexit has either succeeded or failed from a financial perspective, just as pointless as stating that it would be a success or a failure before the referendum. Nobody knew either way beforehand, and it's far too early to say with anything remotely approaching certainty now. Ask the question again in ten years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexit is working on 08:13 - Jul 6 with 1461 viewsWhiterockin

Brexit is working on 07:48 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

It's fairly pointless starting threads stating that Brexit has either succeeded or failed from a financial perspective, just as pointless as stating that it would be a success or a failure before the referendum. Nobody knew either way beforehand, and it's far too early to say with anything remotely approaching certainty now. Ask the question again in ten years.

Agree with this. Pre Brexit remainers exaggerated the benefits of staying in an those who wanted out exaggerated the benefits of leaving. Both sides basically lied. There have been pro's and cons since we left and the true picture will take 10 years to be seen in my opinion, as you said. I thought long and hard before voting out, so far I am satisfied the way things are going but it is a fragile balance and I could still be proved to be wrong.
Brexit is working on 08:54 - Jul 6 with 1452 viewsCatullus

You don't have the time or inclination, strange, you normally do!

I did answer the question, I don't need to convince my son of anything besides the benefits or working har and striving to succeed. Brexit is his reality, he can't change it and constantly moaning about it will get nobody anywhere.

I didn't start this thread either.

Brexit is working on 09:15 - Jul 6 with 1444 views73__73

Oh shut up will you. Just because you work sometimes in Europe, you think you are some kind of expert. Why don’t you work full time in Europe and do us all a favour and don’t come back.

Brexit is working on 09:24 - Jul 6 with 1439 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 08:13 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Agree with this. Pre Brexit remainers exaggerated the benefits of staying in an those who wanted out exaggerated the benefits of leaving. Both sides basically lied. There have been pro's and cons since we left and the true picture will take 10 years to be seen in my opinion, as you said. I thought long and hard before voting out, so far I am satisfied the way things are going but it is a fragile balance and I could still be proved to be wrong.

Totally agree, I have said I think we'll need 10 years before we can judge anything but the negative types will continue shouting it down, even if it turns out to be a roaring success.

Even in saying that, whether it succeeds or fails is a bit irrelevant now because it is what it is. Moaning we have left is akin to constantly moaning about losing your wallet 5 years ago, it happened, it's gone, your never getting the money back so move on because most people don't want to hear it anymore. Moan about the past or work towards the future, I know what I want to do.

Brexit is working on 10:01 - Jul 6 with 1425 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 07:48 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Good post.

Way too early for the Brexiteer grandstanding, and if someone calls me negative for having a different opinion, based in first hand experience, it’s not my ego that’s the problem.

Brexit is working on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 1422 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 09:15 - Jul 6 by 73__73

Oh shut up will you. Just because you work sometimes in Europe, you think you are some kind of expert. Why don’t you work full time in Europe and do us all a favour and don’t come back.

I know you weren’t trying to be funny but that did make me chuckle.

Out of interest, do you do any business with Europe Dave?

Brexit is working on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 1417 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 10:01 - Jul 6 by ItchySphincter

Good post.

Way too early for the Brexiteer grandstanding, and if someone calls me negative for having a different opinion, based in first hand experience, it’s not my ego that’s the problem.

Agreed, way too early for brexiteer grandstanding BUT also way too early for declarations that brexit has failed.

Glad to see we agree!

Brexit is working on 10:08 - Jul 6 with 1417 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 10:05 - Jul 6 by ItchySphincter

Everyone who buys imported goods does business with EU.

There are 27 countries in the EU and 180 in the rest of the world.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 10:20 - Jul 6 with 1407 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 10:08 - Jul 6 by felixstowe_jack

Okay. Obviously not what I was referring too, move along of it needs explaining.

Funny little thread this. All I have asked is if we would have had these jobs had we remained in the EU? As usual the clique has railed up and I’m being called negative, ego driven, being told to go to Europe and stay there (oh the irony!), amongst other things. All for asking one simple obvious question.

Brexit is working on 10:25 - Jul 6 with 1396 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 10:08 - Jul 6 by felixstowe_jack

How many of those 180 countries have we made trade deals with?
Brexit is working on 10:34 - Jul 6 with 1395 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 10:20 - Jul 6 by ItchySphincter

Okay. Obviously not what I was referring too, move along of it needs explaining.

Funny little thread this. All I have asked is if we would have had these jobs had we remained in the EU? As usual the clique has railed up and I’m being called negative, ego driven, being told to go to Europe and stay there (oh the irony!), amongst other things. All for asking one simple obvious question.

I answered that question and the answer is, nobody knows!

Tell you what, I'll invent a Dimension hopping machine and we'll go semwhere where brexit didn't happen and see the outcome...or maybe I'll just stick with we only know what has happened, not what might have happened if we took a different road.

Now, seeing as we seem to agree that it's too early to judge, lets agree to disagree, we can do that too!

PS, I do find these ongoing brexit threads annoying, usually started by the same people. We don't need a brexit threat to post good news about jobs, or bad news. I wish we could all just move on and accept the future is there to be built. Really speaking we will never know if we will ever be better or worse off than if we'd remained, unless the EU collapses in chaos!

Brexit is working on 21:34 - Jul 6 with 1338 views73__73

Brexit is working on 10:05 - Jul 6 by ItchySphincter

It’s irrelevant whether I’ve done business in Europe, but just to let you know Rodney, yes I have.
Look up Irsching power station, for my first example

Brexit is working on 21:48 - Jul 6 with 1331 viewsonehunglow

Brexit is working on 21:34 - Jul 6 by 73__73

It’s irrelevant whether I’ve done business in Europe, but just to let you know Rodney, yes I have.
Look up Irsching power station, for my first example

So he looks it up an then what-you appear like a Genie/
If you want to wave your appendage ,plenty of online sites for you,Champ.

Brexit is working on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 1325 views73__73

Brexit is working on 21:48 - Jul 6 by onehunglow

So he looks it up an then what-you appear like a Genie/
If you want to wave your appendage ,plenty of online sites for you,Champ.

And you are free to keep talking your usual shite, on here or anywhere else . It’s up to you, old timer

Brexit is working on 07:12 - Jul 7 with 1277 viewsDr_Winston

Brexit is working on 08:13 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

I voted leave because there's a fundamental democratic deficit at the heart of the EU that it shows little ability or inclination to rectify. If anything, it's growing even less interested in the will of the population it governs. The rest was just window dressing.

Some people are quite happy to trade any actual democratic freedom for the illusion of prosperity or security, but of course only as long as the "right" sort of people are in charge. Suspect they'd be less keen on the EU if it was run by someone like Viktor Orban.

I expected to take a hit in the early stages, but in the long run I'd prefer to be out.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 7:14]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024