Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29893 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 08:45 - Jul 20 with 1691 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 23:17 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

We don't elect our leader or the cabinet, that's done internally. There is no real difference between Westminster and the EU

Of course their is our prime minister and cabinet member come from the democratically elected MPs.

The people elected a puppet EU parliament which has no power.
The president and EU commissioners are not selected from MEP they are appointed and cannot be voted in.

In the UK any MP or cabinet member can be voted out by the electorate.

That is the difference between democracy and being run by undemocratic beauracrats.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 09:04 - Jul 20 with 1682 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 06:52 - Jul 20 by Dr_Winston

It's funny how often all these "bare shelves due to Brexit" photos (the actual ones, not the Parody ones that even say they're a parody in the Bio and Kilks falls for them anyway) seem to be taken in a branch of Waitrose. Can't say I've noticed any bare shelves in Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, ASDA or Morrison's.

Maybe Waitrose need to sort their supply chain out, although given how much the John Lewis group in general seem to be struggling it may be too late.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 7:05]

I googled food shortages and there were lots of reports on them, food staples and even dog and cat food may be in short supply they say. I hadn't noticed, we do our shopping and nearly everything we normaly buy is there, nothing important has been out of stock, not unless you consider double stuffed Oreo's important!

So I looked for the cause and it seems to me I need to get an HGV license because there are lots of jobs going. They say a shortage of drivers is seeing good food getting dumped because it's going off in the backs of lorries that are going nowhere. It's not a border issue, a rules issue, we just need more drivers. People need to get off their bums, if they want work it is there and HGV drivers can get a decent whack too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is working on 09:18 - Jul 20 with 1671 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 23:17 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

We don't elect our leader or the cabinet, that's done internally. There is no real difference between Westminster and the EU

That is so wrong. Our PM is the leader of the victorious party, we know who it will be when we vote. The Cabinet is usually chosen from elected MP's, sometimes someone from the Lords is picked but not very often.

In the EU we voted for MEP's but none of the Commissioners or the Presidents are chosen from those MEP's, Presidential candidates and the Commissioners are proposed by the Council of the European Union on the basis of suggestions made by the national governments. It's a bit boring having to repeat it, Von der Leyen wasn't even a candidate for the Presidency but Germany wanted her so deals were done, the other candidates were dropped and she was then the ONLY candidate and the MEP's got to say yes or no, she needed 374 votes and she got 383 out of 747 so hardly a landslide for the ONLY candidate.

If we want rid of Bojo at the next election we vote Labour and Bojo is gone. We cannot get rid of Von der Leyen or the commissioners no matter what. Assuming nothing changes in Labour, we know that voting them in means Starmer is PM.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is working on 09:21 - Jul 20 with 1669 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 08:45 - Jul 20 by felixstowe_jack

Of course their is our prime minister and cabinet member come from the democratically elected MPs.

The people elected a puppet EU parliament which has no power.
The president and EU commissioners are not selected from MEP they are appointed and cannot be voted in.

In the UK any MP or cabinet member can be voted out by the electorate.

That is the difference between democracy and being run by undemocratic beauracrats.

The British PM and cabinet members are appointed also, and Cabinet members can be moved or removed anything by out PM, not exactly democratic is it.

All MEP,s are elected democratically and commissioners are appointed, but they are all democratically elected by their own people in their respective countries. The EU is probably more democratic than Westminster is.
Brexit is working on 10:53 - Jul 20 with 1633 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 09:04 - Jul 20 by Catullus

I googled food shortages and there were lots of reports on them, food staples and even dog and cat food may be in short supply they say. I hadn't noticed, we do our shopping and nearly everything we normaly buy is there, nothing important has been out of stock, not unless you consider double stuffed Oreo's important!

So I looked for the cause and it seems to me I need to get an HGV license because there are lots of jobs going. They say a shortage of drivers is seeing good food getting dumped because it's going off in the backs of lorries that are going nowhere. It's not a border issue, a rules issue, we just need more drivers. People need to get off their bums, if they want work it is there and HGV drivers can get a decent whack too.

There is a shortage of drivers and it’s linked to Brexit, but you are right about training more drivers up. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an appetite amongst other members of the public or hauliers to pay the training costs associated with getting a licence. We have over 1.5m out of work, some of those could easily fulfil these roles if they wanted to and there was support available re training.
Brexit is working on 11:30 - Jul 20 with 1620 viewsDr_Winston

Brexit is working on 10:53 - Jul 20 by majorraglan

There is a shortage of drivers and it’s linked to Brexit, but you are right about training more drivers up. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be an appetite amongst other members of the public or hauliers to pay the training costs associated with getting a licence. We have over 1.5m out of work, some of those could easily fulfil these roles if they wanted to and there was support available re training.

The problem with training lgv drivers used to be test resits. There were plenty of training providers locally who ran courses, but if the driver failed the test first time not many were able to find the means to resit.

Certainly it's something that could be fixed with the will and the funding.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brexit is working on 12:18 - Jul 20 with 1610 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 10:53 - Jul 20 by majorraglan

Being a HGV driver is a hard life. lot's of pressure for little pay unless they do long hours away from family life.
Brexit is working on 15:22 - Jul 20 with 1577 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 09:18 - Jul 20 by Catullus

That is so wrong. Our PM is the leader of the victorious party, we know who it will be when we vote. The Cabinet is usually chosen from elected MP's, sometimes someone from the Lords is picked but not very often.

In the EU we voted for MEP's but none of the Commissioners or the Presidents are chosen from those MEP's, Presidential candidates and the Commissioners are proposed by the Council of the European Union on the basis of suggestions made by the national governments. It's a bit boring having to repeat it, Von der Leyen wasn't even a candidate for the Presidency but Germany wanted her so deals were done, the other candidates were dropped and she was then the ONLY candidate and the MEP's got to say yes or no, she needed 374 votes and she got 383 out of 747 so hardly a landslide for the ONLY candidate.

If we want rid of Bojo at the next election we vote Labour and Bojo is gone. We cannot get rid of Von der Leyen or the commissioners no matter what. Assuming nothing changes in Labour, we know that voting them in means Starmer is PM.

How do we get rid of Lord (sic) Frost ?

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 17:08 - Jul 20 with 1557 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:21 - Jul 20 by controversial_jack

The British PM and cabinet members are appointed also, and Cabinet members can be moved or removed anything by out PM, not exactly democratic is it.

All MEP,s are elected democratically and commissioners are appointed, but they are all democratically elected by their own people in their respective countries. The EU is probably more democratic than Westminster is.

Commissioners are not elected by the people in any sense. Neil Kinnock was suggested by the UK government, then the council of Ministers decided.

The Cabinet and minister here are usually chosen from elected MP's.

The least democratic thing here is the House of Lords and I am all for dumping them too. We should have an elected upper chamber. The HoL isn't democratically accountable, it's a hangover from when us plebs weren't allowed a choice and the sooner we ditch it and have elected members the better.

Again I'll say it, Bojo is an elected MP, Von der Leyen was chosen by the CoM and then "ratified" by MEP's who had nobody else to vote for.

Von der Leyen is considered centre right.

Brexit is working on 17:25 - Jul 20 with 1554 viewspencoedjack

Brexit is working on 17:08 - Jul 20 by Catullus

Commissioners are not elected by the people in any sense. Neil Kinnock was suggested by the UK government, then the council of Ministers decided.

The least democratic thing here is the House of Lords and I am all for dumping them too. We should have an elected upper chamber. The HoL isn't democratically accountable, it's a hangover from when us plebs weren't allowed a choice and the sooner we ditch it and have elected members the better.

Again I'll say it, Bojo is an elected MP, Von der Leyen was chosen by the CoM and then "ratified" by MEP's who had nobody else to vote for.

Neil (& Glenys) Kinnock one of many reasons I voted to leave the EU.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-high
Brexit is working on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 1508 viewsKilkennyjack

Pikey been called out.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 23:15]

Brexit is working on 09:57 - Jul 21 with 1475 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is working on 17:08 - Jul 20 by Catullus

What you want is an American style system with two elected houses.
Brexit is working on 11:10 - Jul 21 with 1465 viewsGwyn737

Brexit is working on 23:14 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Pikey been called out.

Those (including me) who believed this guy was a menace previously, should be very careful in holding him up as a hero now he’s having a pop at Johnson.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 11:11]
Brexit is working on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 1462 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 09:57 - Jul 21 by controversial_jack

What you want is an American style system with two elected houses.

Something like the American system but definitely without the electoral colleges. I'd also like the political campaigns to be more regulated, strict rules on spending AND on what they say. Any blatant lies or misinformation should be punished, for example, Bojo and the side of that bus wouldn't be allowed because it's misleading.

Mind you, I'd also like it to be possible to remove an MP far more quickly, if one is found guilty of a crime they should automatically lose their seat, be barred from standing again and a bye election scheduled ASAP.
I'm all for closer scrutiny on spending and standards being much tighter. We should get people in office who behave, who follow higher standards. No muppets like Bojo and Hancock.

It'll never happen of course. The bunch of self serving clowns we have there now would never vote to accept tighter rules OR to abolish the Lords, they all hope to be put on the other gravy train eventually.

Brexit is working on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 1455 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 23:14 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Pikey been called out.

He hasn't said it's bad either. Nobody knows either way yet, we have some self styled Oracles on here (have you considered moving to Delphi?) who seem to know the future though.

What are tonights lottery numbers?

Will the Swans get promoted?

Will I catch any fish today? Maybe a tiddler!

Brexit is working on 17:56 - Aug 1 with 1337 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 11:36 - Jul 21 by Catullus

He hasn't said it's bad either. Nobody knows either way yet, we have some self styled Oracles on here (have you considered moving to Delphi?) who seem to know the future though.

What are tonights lottery numbers?

Will the Swans get promoted?

Will I catch any fish today? Maybe a tiddler!

👆🏿🇫🇷🇪🇺

Brexit is working on 18:05 - Aug 1 with 1321 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 17:56 - Aug 1 by Kilkennyjack

👆🏿🇫🇷🇪🇺

Food supplies issues are a result of the coronavirus pandemic with lorries drivers self isolating.
Do not confuse brexit and coronavirus.

Has the EU had vaccines supply issues Yes
Has the UK had vaccine supply issues no

Has the EU had problems vaccinating its population Yes
Has the UK had problems vaccinating its population No

Brexit seems to have worked for the supply and distribution of the vaccine

Brexit is working on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 1277 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 18:05 - Aug 1 by felixstowe_jack

Food supplies issues are a result of the coronavirus pandemic with lorries drivers self isolating.
Do not confuse brexit and coronavirus.

Has the EU had vaccines supply issues Yes
Has the UK had vaccine supply issues no

Has the EU had problems vaccinating its population Yes
Has the UK had problems vaccinating its population No

Brexit seems to have worked for the supply and distribution of the vaccine

Nope.

Brexit is working on 02:58 - Aug 2 with 1252 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 21:34 - Aug 1 by Kilkennyjack

Nope.

Mentioning no names so as not to cause offense but a nearby poster was cheerleading and grandstanding recently because we’d vaccinated more people per 100 than Germany - completely missing the point that Germany has 20-odd million people more than us and had in fact vaccinated more. Even when explained to them they couldn’t see it. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands in the air and just accept that some people are just thick.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brexit is working on 07:00 - Aug 2 with 1238 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 02:58 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Mentioning no names so as not to cause offense but a nearby poster was cheerleading and grandstanding recently because we’d vaccinated more people per 100 than Germany - completely missing the point that Germany has 20-odd million people more than us and had in fact vaccinated more. Even when explained to them they couldn’t see it. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands in the air and just accept that some people are just thick.

Well done Ireland

Uk vaccination rate per 100 of population 127
IRL 114
EU average 102

Not sure what point our friend is making the mighty utopia of the EU is still 25% behind the UK and even the power house of ROi is 11.4% behind the UK.

Even in his article he states the UK is 71% when it is 72.5% . I do wish he would check his facts as he makes himself look silly every time.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 7:04]

Brexit is working on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 1210 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit is working on 07:00 - Aug 2 by felixstowe_jack

Well done Ireland

Uk vaccination rate per 100 of population 127
IRL 114
EU average 102

Not sure what point our friend is making the mighty utopia of the EU is still 25% behind the UK and even the power house of ROi is 11.4% behind the UK.

Even in his article he states the UK is 71% when it is 72.5% . I do wish he would check his facts as he makes himself look silly every time.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 7:04]

Put up the figures you put up the other day, the same ones, and I'll do the sums for you and put it in black and white so that you'll understand.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brexit is working on 10:46 - Aug 2 with 1197 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news.
A major American film makers is investing £750 million in a new UK sure for its studios creating nearly 5,000 high paid skilled jobs.

Brexit is working on 11:09 - Aug 2 with 1193 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 10:46 - Aug 2 by felixstowe_jack

More good news.
A major American film makers is investing £750 million in a new UK sure for its studios creating nearly 5,000 high paid skilled jobs.

Brexit reality.

It will be reversed in the next 5 years. 🇪🇺

Brexit is working on 13:44 - Aug 2 with 1170 viewsKilkennyjack

Johnson on the slide.

Peoole have seen through the clown act at last.
135,000 uk citizens dead.

Dead man walking.

Brexit is working on 14:35 - Aug 2 with 1159 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 13:44 - Aug 2 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson on the slide.

Peoole have seen through the clown act at last.
135,000 uk citizens dead.

Dead man walking.

Official figure
Deaths within 29 days 129,719 you have used wrong figures again silly boy.
Excess deaths nearly 116,000

Deaths in
Scotland 10,252
Wales 7,877

Surely Nicola and Drakeford should be sacked as well.

Not sure you are posting on the correct item . This is all about the success or not of Brexit.

There are plenty of coronavirus items you can post on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024