Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Wales support England 22:52 - Jul 9 with 4343 viewsjack_lord

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57765063

An article to balance our views

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Should Wales support England on 23:08 - Jul 9 with 2494 viewsbuilthjack

I didn't know there were so many Italians locally. Italian flags aplenty.
Italy for me. I have more Italian relatives than English

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Wales support England on 23:09 - Jul 9 with 2494 viewsmax936

I haven't and won't be doing so, I've had a gutsful of England this England that, you can't put the news on or the radio on without them all flogging the same old horse, its excruciating, they're all crawling out of the woodwork, talking about their 55yrs of hurt bless them, if I see Shearers gurning mug ever again it'll be to soon.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Wales support England on 23:17 - Jul 9 with 2456 views73__73

Should Wales support England on 23:08 - Jul 9 by builthjack

I’d imagine most of your Italian relatives, ancestors fought on the side of Italy during WW2 too.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Should Wales support England on 23:29 - Jul 9 with 2478 viewsThurrockJack92

Should Wales support England on 23:09 - Jul 9 by max936

I haven't and won't be doing so, I've had a gutsful of England this England that, you can't put the news on or the radio on without them all flogging the same old horse, its excruciating, they're all crawling out of the woodwork, talking about their 55yrs of hurt bless them, if I see Shearers gurning mug ever again it'll be to soon.

Thing is, the best way to stop people going on is not for England to lose, but to win so often that it becomes blasé.
Should Wales support England on 01:22 - Jul 10 with 2458 viewsKeithHaynes

No 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Should Wales support England on 07:11 - Jul 10 with 2435 viewsbuilthjack

Should Wales support England on 23:29 - Jul 9 by ThurrockJack92

Thing is, the best way to stop people going on is not for England to lose, but to win so often that it becomes blasé.

That seems to be Uefa's plan.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Wales support England on 08:03 - Jul 10 with 2415 viewstrampie

The figures for Welsh identity are shocking, no issue with incomers assimilating but incomers taking over and running things as per their old country is colonisation.

Swansea was a Welsh club as regards fanbase and sentiment, not so much now which is a pity imo.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Should Wales support England on 09:43 - Jul 10 with 2383 viewsCatullus

Should Wales support England on 23:08 - Jul 9 by builthjack

Lots of Italians in Wales, cafes and of course ice cream, here in Skewen it's Cresci's, lets not forget Rossi's too!

I'm not supporting either I just hope for a good game though, as I keep saying, I think Italy will win it's not because I want England to lose. I just think Italy are the better team and will prove it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Should Wales support England on 09:51 - Jul 10 with 2371 viewsonehunglow

Should Wales support England on 09:43 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Lots of Italians in Wales, cafes and of course ice cream, here in Skewen it's Cresci's, lets not forget Rossi's too!

I'm not supporting either I just hope for a good game though, as I keep saying, I think Italy will win it's not because I want England to lose. I just think Italy are the better team and will prove it.

My God.Why can't they all post like that.

I wish you'd be a jerk sometimes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should Wales support England on 11:46 - Jul 10 with 2341 viewsCatullus

Should Wales support England on 09:51 - Jul 10 by onehunglow

My God.Why can't they all post like that.

I wish you'd be a jerk sometimes

I am often a jerk, you just need to speak to my wife.

Thing is, I try not to be too much of a jerk on here BUT I am happy to be a jerk in person. I try to follow the rule of not saying something on here I wouldn't or couldn't say to your face. If we ever meet I'll be a jerk just to make you happy

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Should Wales support England on 11:54 - Jul 10 with 2328 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes of course. England supports Wales through the Barnett Formula every day. It would be selfish for Wales not to support England when the opportunity arises.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should Wales support England on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 2307 viewsCatullus

Should Wales support England on 11:54 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes of course. England supports Wales through the Barnett Formula every day. It would be selfish for Wales not to support England when the opportunity arises.

Oh don't bring politics into sport you Wombat!

Should Wales support England on 12:20 - Jul 10 with 2306 viewsDJack

You're trying to hard again, it makes it obvious.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should Wales support England on 13:42 - Jul 10 with 2268 viewsChief

No, why would we suddenly start supporting our rivals and neighbours?

With the recent rush of these articles I can't help but feel this is some sort of coordinated campaign.

Which just makes me even more steadfast in my desire for England to lose every game they play. In every sport, cricket included.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Should Wales support England on 13:58 - Jul 10 with 2250 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should Wales support England on 13:42 - Jul 10 by Chief

No, why would we suddenly start supporting our rivals and neighbours?

With the recent rush of these articles I can't help but feel this is some sort of coordinated campaign.

Which just makes me even more steadfast in my desire for England to lose every game they play. In every sport, cricket included.

Now I know the only way a Welsh player ever makes the team on merit these days is when the majority of the team are side-lined due to a global pandemic, but it's still the England & Wales cricket team. Why would you wish for Wales' cricket team to lose?

Should Wales support England on 14:49 - Jul 10 with 2215 views1983

Winner of pointless story of the week

It like saying would you support cardiff in the F.A Cup............Uuuuh No!

Should Wales support England on 15:17 - Jul 10 with 2207 viewsReslovenSwan1

Should Wales support England on 13:58 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Now I know the only way a Welsh player ever makes the team on merit these days is when the majority of the team are side-lined due to a global pandemic, but it's still the England & Wales cricket team. Why would you wish for Wales' cricket team to lose?

The England cricket team represents the principles of assimiliation. Although it is the technically 'England and Wales' it is never called 'England and Wales' and the team is called 'England'. The "and Wales" bit is deeply unpalatiabe to England fans. It should be called The England and Wales team on the scoresheet. Why is it not used?

It is not used becuse we are seen as irelevant and not deserving of respect. A bolted on appendage. We had Simon and Geraint Jones in 2005 which ended a long period of failure. In this case 'England' = "England and Wales". I do not accept this and refuse to back Welsh cricket. "England" means England. Ony "England and Wales " can mean England and Wales . England play on behalf of the ECB.. The traditionalists will sniffliy reject even calling it the EWBC.

This is no good at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Should Wales support England on 15:22 - Jul 10 with 2199 viewsonehunglow

If it's England ,then they want to lose but add Wales to it and it's different.

Jesus,how pitiful.

Look at the state you're in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should Wales support England on 15:36 - Jul 10 with 2178 viewslondonlisa2001

That’s not what the Barnett formula does Dwight.

As you were told the last time you mentioned it.
Should Wales support England on 15:57 - Jul 10 with 2159 viewslondonlisa2001

On the wider note. I’ve lived in England my entire adult life and half of my family are English and I wouldn’t dream of supporting them.

It’s ludicrous glory hunting to support a different country because they are in the final of something.

I can’t say I care who wins tomorrow. I’m neither Italian nor English. The only downside of England winning is that the media will never stop about it. But that’s only because they win so little for such a major footballing nation. On the positive side, the manager and team are very likeable in my opinion. Very supportive of progressive social issues around racism and homophobia and social movements around poverty, climate change and so on, plus Southgate has spoken out against the divisive language and underlying racism of some of the brexit debate.

I’m quite taken aback really that dgt, Dwight etc spend so long on here extolling their virtues because I hadn’t realised they were so supportive of such things I must say. I’m pleasantly surprised they are now embracing the team taking the knee and wearing Pride armbands.
Should Wales support England on 15:59 - Jul 10 with 2166 viewstrampie

Should Wales support England on 15:57 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

On the wider note. I’ve lived in England my entire adult life and half of my family are English and I wouldn’t dream of supporting them.

It’s ludicrous glory hunting to support a different country because they are in the final of something.

I can’t say I care who wins tomorrow. I’m neither Italian nor English. The only downside of England winning is that the media will never stop about it. But that’s only because they win so little for such a major footballing nation. On the positive side, the manager and team are very likeable in my opinion. Very supportive of progressive social issues around racism and homophobia and social movements around poverty, climate change and so on, plus Southgate has spoken out against the divisive language and underlying racism of some of the brexit debate.

I’m quite taken aback really that dgt, Dwight etc spend so long on here extolling their virtues because I hadn’t realised they were so supportive of such things I must say. I’m pleasantly surprised they are now embracing the team taking the knee and wearing Pride armbands.

Top post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Should Wales support England on 16:33 - Jul 10 with 2141 viewsBadlands

England and Wales Cricket Board is represented by England with a crown and three lions badge.
Sort of adds currency to many people's comments, don’t you think?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Should Wales support England on 16:49 - Jul 10 with 2125 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should Wales support England on 15:17 - Jul 10 by ReslovenSwan1

The England cricket team represents the principles of assimiliation. Although it is the technically 'England and Wales' it is never called 'England and Wales' and the team is called 'England'. The "and Wales" bit is deeply unpalatiabe to England fans. It should be called The England and Wales team on the scoresheet. Why is it not used?

It is not used becuse we are seen as irelevant and not deserving of respect. A bolted on appendage. We had Simon and Geraint Jones in 2005 which ended a long period of failure. In this case 'England' = "England and Wales". I do not accept this and refuse to back Welsh cricket. "England" means England. Ony "England and Wales " can mean England and Wales . England play on behalf of the ECB.. The traditionalists will sniffliy reject even calling it the EWBC.

This is no good at all.

Perhaps Wales are seen as irrelevant largely because you have to go back to 2005, as you did, to find examples of the last time a Welsh player provided a notable contribution to the team.

Should Wales support England on 16:55 - Jul 10 with 2122 viewsCountyJim

Should Wales support England on 16:49 - Jul 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps Wales are seen as irrelevant largely because you have to go back to 2005, as you did, to find examples of the last time a Welsh player provided a notable contribution to the team.

Not true Alistair Cook is of Welsh parentage his mother is a Jack
Should Wales support England on 17:12 - Jul 10 with 2101 views73__73

Should Wales support England on 15:57 - Jul 10 by londonlisa2001

What a load of nonsense. Firstly, would you suggest that welsh fans support beating up women and sh@gging their brothers wife because Ryan Giggs was manager ? Just like most England fans don’t support taking the knee. Yes we know everything is politically correct these days, and I’m supporting England as I live in England and my wife is English and I realise the English are an exceptional race of people who have given the world so much.

The dislike of England stems from jealousy, not just in football, but in general from what the English have achieved thought out the last 1000 years. Truly remarkable, for a relatively small nation.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024