Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon game off. 16:16 - Jul 12 with 1220 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city are looking for an alternative fixture.

It said this on Swindon's web page.

"The fixture was originally scheduled for Saturday 17th July, but will not go ahead due to ongoing logistical and operational issues at the club."

A shortage of players perhaps or something to do with covid or insurance payments ?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swindon game off. on 16:22 - Jul 12 with 1201 viewsjasper_T

They can't afford to pay the half dozen or so players and staff they have left.
Swindon game off. on 16:28 - Jul 12 with 1191 viewsGixerJack

Swindon game off. on 16:22 - Jul 12 by jasper_T

They can't afford to pay the half dozen or so players and staff they have left.

You would have thought if it was financial they would have wanted to get a few quid on the gate.

There aren’t any trains running between Cardiff and Bristol Temple Meads at the moment which would have put quite a few off travelling though
Swindon game off. on 17:18 - Jul 12 with 1127 viewsKeithHaynes

They are totally skint, they were in court a few weeks back over ownership issues and the ‘owner’ has recently stated he has to sell or the club will fold.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swindon game off. on 17:24 - Jul 12 with 1120 viewspencoedjack

Swindon game off. on 17:18 - Jul 12 by KeithHaynes

They are totally skint, they were in court a few weeks back over ownership issues and the ‘owner’ has recently stated he has to sell or the club will fold.

Sad for fans of the club, wouldn't wish that on any club with the exception of the Basseys.
Swindon game off. on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 1085 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city management appear to have some corporate links to Lee Power a former footballer and business man. He owns Swindon Town.

I suggest this given that Swansea have recently loaned both Steven Benda and Jordan Garrick to Swindon. Both these were successful for both teams. Similarly Swansea loaned Cameron Evans to Waterford. Lee power also owned that club until June.

Mr Power seems to be divesting.

Swindon game off. on 18:16 - Jul 12 with 1055 viewsWhiterockin

2 days before the lockdown ends. Would they want the financial implications of meeting covid restrictions for a one off friendly?
Swindon game off. on 20:09 - Jul 12 with 938 viewsBillyChong

Swindon game off. on 18:02 - Jul 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea city management appear to have some corporate links to Lee Power a former footballer and business man. He owns Swindon Town.

I suggest this given that Swansea have recently loaned both Steven Benda and Jordan Garrick to Swindon. Both these were successful for both teams. Similarly Swansea loaned Cameron Evans to Waterford. Lee power also owned that club until June.

Mr Power seems to be divesting.

What links are they then?
Swindon game off. on 21:52 - Jul 12 with 867 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swindon game off. on 20:09 - Jul 12 by BillyChong

What links are they then?

I live in a shed above Resolven and have no idea. All I do is piece together pertinent facts and try to create a narrative.

From a preliminary research Power used to play for Boston United when they were a eastern powerhouse and used to have fearsome dust ups with Swansea in the heyday of Trundle, Britton and Tate. The link could be within that grouping. Boston did not like the showboating of the great man. Being an agricultural area their team tended to represent those principles on the field of play.

Crickey it seems like yesterday.

Login to get fewer ads

Swindon game off. on 07:25 - Jul 13 with 743 viewsChief

Swindon game off. on 21:52 - Jul 12 by ReslovenSwan1

I live in a shed above Resolven and have no idea. All I do is piece together pertinent facts and try to create a narrative.

From a preliminary research Power used to play for Boston United when they were a eastern powerhouse and used to have fearsome dust ups with Swansea in the heyday of Trundle, Britton and Tate. The link could be within that grouping. Boston did not like the showboating of the great man. Being an agricultural area their team tended to represent those principles on the field of play.

Crickey it seems like yesterday.

You're looking too far into this.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swindon game off. on 16:57 - Jul 13 with 615 viewsKilkennyjack

Swindon game off. on 18:16 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

2 days before the lockdown ends. Would they want the financial implications of meeting covid restrictions for a one off friendly?

This gets my vote.

Power has brought nothing but pain to the club from what i read.

Beware of the Risen People

Swindon game off. on 12:41 - Jul 14 with 487 viewsBadlands

Reported they already owed players and staff a lot of wages.
What happens if they can't fulfil their league commitments?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swindon game off. on 14:45 - Jul 14 with 427 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swindon game off. on 16:57 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

This gets my vote.

Power has brought nothing but pain to the club from what i read.

Swindon have had no fans for months. Mr Power I am sure did his best. Its easy to point the finger and blame people but these are hard times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024